Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You need any help resolving that TA?

How very kind of you to offer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Menas wrote:
    A moody female? Never!

Haha that gave me a good laugh. Now I know how my bf feels when I'm being moody. Oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

American Netflix DNS codes don't seem to be working anymore :( The Irish version has nothing on the US one. Annoyed because we don't have sky, we just have netflix, so the selection is gone way down.
    Anyone have any currently working codes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eternal wrote: »
    I didn't realise that my gold leggings were transferable. There's gold everywhere, on the floors, carpet, bed, all over my hair and body.

Well la-di-da, isn't it well for some that they can wear clothes made of gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Read a story on some guy tried to suck out his farts with a vacuum and ended up sucking out part of his large intestine....TA how someone could be that stupid :-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Read a story on some guy tried to suck out his farts with a vacuum and ended up sucking out part of his large intestine....TA how someone could be that stupid :-o

I'd like to know where he bought the vacuum mine won't take fluff off the floor with a new bag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I'd like to know where he bought the vacuum mine won't take fluff off the floor with a new bag.

I am also in need to suck up all the residual gold that's been hard to remove :o

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Something tells me it wasn't farts he was trying to suck out.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Irish registered - German made cars fitted with German style number plates.It's a bit cringeworthy and corny,and detracts from the prestige for me.
    Let the owners of these cars sell them and import let hand drives instead to really make them look like they belong on autobahns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

First Harry Potter book being called Sorcerers Stone rather than Philosophers Stone in the US..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It irritates me when books have different covers on them here than they do in America. I have read Stephen King since I was a teenager, and it drives me mad when a new book is being released with different covers. It always makes me feel a bit cheated :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who talk loudly at concerts! Was at Fleetwood Mac on Friday night. Right at the end during my favourite song 'Silver Springs' two annoying idiots who has been talking all night long started shouting talking. I told them to shut up twice, they didn't. They continued to shout so I pushed my way in front of them and said "if you can't shut the fcuk up I'll take your space and you stand back there". Stupid posers.

Reminds me of a guy who came into our Operating Theatre in London a few years back, with a foreign object lodged where the sun doesn't shine. He came in via A&E and claimed he sat down on a deodorant can, as you do. A quick review of his notes, revealed he was in 3 years earlier with the handle of a brush stuck in his ass. No doubt he was probably just brushing the floor backwards to save energy.

I rang eircom this morning because I rang them nearly two weeks ago and signed up for a tv package with them but still hadn't heard anything about a technician calling out. They apologised and told me that they'll send someone out by Friday, grand so. Then the internet stopped working and I rang them again, there's a problem with the line and it will take 2-3 days for a technician to fix it. My partner works from home and she needs an internet connection and I don't like typing out long messages on my phone. I can't watch netflix or the tv :p

So, good time to start my new book then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Went for a game of tennis today. I was playing well for the first time in ages. After winning a set, I got a blister on my hand and wasn't able to hold the racket. I lost the the next set, needless to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

people (usually men) who whistle tunelessly through their teeth, actually people who whistle - makes me want to punch them in the throat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

One of the speakers on my laptop hasn't worked in years and it's never bothered me. What's trivially annoying me now is that it's now intermittently working. The surprise increases in volume are not enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm on the Camino at the moment. Not far from Burgos. I'm staying in a small village. Just now I was going to the bar for a drink and a Lycra wearing man was coming toward me. Demanded to know where the supermarket is. I pointed to it, but it was closed. "That's not a supermarket" he shouted. I said it is, its closed now there is a shutter over the door. I wish I'd added "tough fcuking shyt you snooze you lose you stupid cynt"....

In a cafe/restaurant and they give you luke warm soup :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Rather important people, such as Enda Kenny and Tspiras, using the term "grexit".

How hard is it to say "Greek Exit"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

The fact that I can't get a mobile adblocker so I'm forced to see that Conor McGregor ad everytime I watch a YouTube video on my phone.

"I am a wurrior"
    "I am a fiiiiiher"

73Cat wrote: »
    It irritates me when books have different covers on them here than they do in America. I have read Stephen King since I was a teenager, and it drives me mad when a new book is being released with different covers. It always makes me feel a bit cheated :(

was in easons and saw all these new tacky looking cartoon covers on the harry potter books, I have all the originals and they are the best. the newer ones are too kiddy and just appealing to a younger audience. I know its only cover art but they just looked really crap.

Robsweezie wrote:
    was in easons and saw all these new tacky looking cartoon covers on the harry potter books, I have all the originals and they are the best. the newer ones are too kiddy and just appealing to a younger audience. I know its only cover art but they just looked really crap.

I agree. Nothing beats the original!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

KatW4 wrote: »
    I agree. Nothing beats the original!

Exactly !!! Why change them ? there was nothing wrong with how they were in the first place :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Damien Rice

those lovehoney.com sex toy ads. ''it helped bring us closer together''. yeah i don't wanna know. I have to admire them blatantly advertising sex toys on tv though, that had to be a first. usually you cant even say ''tampon'' in advertisements.

****ing aul ones at the sandwich/deli counter. ''i'll have that, no that, not too much of that, no no no, not that, that as well please, just a little bit'' and picky people in general ahead of you in the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I have to say I have been having a crappy few days and this made me laugh out loud(I even startled the pets :D)

having breakfast and popped a bone in my jaw as I ate :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

those lovehoney.com sex toy ads. ''it helped bring us closer together''. yeah i don't wanna know. I have to admire them blatantly advertising sex toys on tv though, that had to be a first. usually you cant even say ''tampon'' in advertisements.

****ing aul ones at the sandwich/deli counter. ''i'll have that, no that, not too much of that, no no no, not that, that as well please, just a little bit'' and picky people in general ahead of you in the queue.

Our main stereo at home has an internet radio function. I like rock music and so have it tuned in to a station called 'new york rock'. They play great tunes in fairness, but some of the adds are for sex toys.
    There does me a mad dash to the mute button before little ears start asking questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I work hard to make sure my kids have manners, are polite, well behaved in public and all around good citizens! Things like saying 'please' and 'thank you', not pushing, waiting their turn for things etc.

And then I watch as my son queues up to get into his summer camp this morning and a number of little sh1tes come hurtling up, elbowing, pushing, trying to get in front of him and I wonder am I doing him a disservice by ensuring that he doesn't do things like push other children.

My 2 year old was climbing up some steps at the playground when some little brat, younger than her, but a big massive child came over and starting pulling at her so he could barge in front of her. I put my hand in front of him and told him to wait his turn and he just brushed me off and charged on through. And all the while his father is standing there watching with a half embarrassed/half proud face and gives me a little smile and a shrug of the shoulders when I glare at him. I mean, come on, its never to early to start teaching kids some basic manners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Brats on scooters in shops/ supermarkets. Who ever thought it was a good idea to let their child roll around through the isles. It seriously makes me want to push them off their scooters, and smack the parents in their stupid faces with those damn scooters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

miezekatze wrote: »
    Those awful ads for those pedicure devices. I don't want to watch someone file dead skin off their feet, blergh! Especially not while I'm eating a cookie.

These things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

kowloon wrote: »

Ah, ffs. There was no need for that.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

anna080 wrote: »
    Damien Rice

Brown rice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Brats on scooters in shops/ supermarkets. Who ever thought it was a good idea to let their child roll around through the isles. It seriously makes me want to push them off their scooters, and smack the parents in their stupid faces with those damn scooters.

Yeah, i just got back from the local Lidl and there was a group of 3 kids sprinting around the shop trying to catch each other and they nearly ran straight into people on numerous occasions. Their planet-sized mother seemed to have more interest perusing the shelves for yet more treats to stuff in her face.

And god forbid that anyone would say anything to her or her kids about then running around in a public place filled with other people! Shure it's none of our business!

This is why i always roll my eyes when the "parenting is the hardest job in the world" thing comes up.

Really? Is it? See, from what i can see, most modern parents are doing **** all and basically ignoring the effect that their kids are having on those around them and then they get aggressively defensive when someone calls them out on it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kowloon wrote: »

I'm annoyed by the false happyness portrayed by the model/actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When you are always punctual and get things ready and/or finished ahead of time, but the perennial late person thinks that they can use that fact to help them get ready at the last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The Medja. Whenever there is an Irish tragedy the media try to reinforce their level of origin when they say things like ''They were respected members of their local community and very involved with the GAA''. As if to say these are qualified 'Irish Irish' and not just your commoner garden blow ins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

califano wrote: »
    The Medja. Whenever there is an Irish tragedy the media try to reinforce their level of origin when they say things like ''They were respected members of their local community and very involved with the GAA''. As if to say these are qualified 'Irish Irish' and not just your commoner garden blow ins.

Ah yes, the Irish trait of everyone automatically becoming the greatest person who ever lived once they pop their clogs.

We do insincerity so well in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

''They were respected members of their local community and very involved with the GAA''.

Maybe it's just me, but when I hear about their involvement in the GAA. I automatically think they must have been bollixes then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

grundie wrote: »
    When you are always punctual and get things ready and/or finished ahead of time, but the perennial late person thinks that they can use that fact to help them get ready at the last minute.

Just like the person who is always late then never bothers to make the effort to show up on time - they think well the know what im like, they know im always late so I may as well not bother even trying to get there on time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

There is an ad on FB, for jewellery, goes like this.

"Your love is golden - Show her"

Would it be taking the piss if the "H" was deleted from "her"

As if we could careless if somebody was very involved with their local GAA club, golf club, soccer club ect. Who gives a crap? It's only A hobby ffs.

But if they were heavily involved in volunteering with St. Vincent De Paul, social services, meals on wheels, or the local Hospice ect. Now that is personal sacrifice for the good of others and I'll certainly take my hat off to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Would it be taking the piss if the "H" was deleted.

I spent about two minutes trying to find the humour in "sow her" and then it finally clicked with me when I read the sentence again that it was the wrong h :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Would it be taking the piss if the "H" was deleted.

No, it would be adding it.

• Advertisement

I spent about two minutes trying to find the humour in "sow her" and then it finally clicked with me when I read the sentence again that it was the wrong h :o

Such an innocent mind ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

People who use 'revert back to..' in emails instead of 'reply'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Would it be taking the piss if the "H" was deleted from "her"
    What were you thinking of when you came up with this eisy:confused:Im shocked at you tbh:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

That there is an Official "Chocolate Bar" for Irish Rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

valoren wrote: »
    That there is an Official "Chocolate Bar" for Irish Rugby.

Hey ... that's racist!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement