Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

A girl I litterally cannot stand has begun working at my favourite make up counter in town! Had to get a a few bits and then clocked her working there. She came over to assist me and then realised who I was, queue us both doing the whole 'fake smiles and pretending we hadn't a clue who each other was' thing. Ugh what a cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

People who do not walk on a travelator and block the whole passageway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

People who don't press the button on pedestrian traffic lights and just stand there waiting, especially if the road is fairly busy so there's no chance of crossing otherwise. I really don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when you're knackered after a long day and someone decides to play 20 questions...havent the patience.

getting a breakfast roll and the rashers are rock hard :(

Gwyneth paltrow teaching people how to yawn correctly....sorry what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Robsweezie wrote:
    getting a breakfast roll and the rashers are rock hard

I had a breakfast roll with an egg and the white was like glass in my mouth :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Gwyneth paltrow

Every thing about her annoys me at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just got diagnosed with an under-active thyroid. Delighted because it answers a lot of long standing questions as to why my body is working at limited optimisation but annoyed as my new medication (Eltroxin) is making me so sleepy that half the day is gone when I eventually get up. :/
    Also, the kids next door to me are having a very long, very loud Nerf gun battle. STOP ****ING SCREAMING! And get out of my front garden! *grumble grumble* :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Yanis Varoufakis. The guy is all talk no walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

messrs wrote: »
    Just like the person who is always late then never bothers to make the effort to show up on time - they think well the know what im like, they know im always late so I may as well not bother even trying to get there on time!!

I lost a friend over this. We always went out on a Saturday night. We'd arrange to meet at 10pm, I'd always be there on time. He'd be 15 mins late, but over time he got later. Until being an hour late was normal.

And his excuses weren't really excuses. It would be stuff like having to finish a game or watching the end of a program.

So I started to go home after 15 mins of waiting. And somehow that made me the bad guy. He told me to f off one night and that was the end of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

Jester252 wrote: »
    Yanis Varoufakis. The guy is all talk no walk.

Actually I believe it was quite the opposite. His cabinet colleagues voted him out after the referendum. And all because the Euro Fascist's didn't like negotiating with him and his hard line stance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Actually I believe it was quite the opposite. His cabinet colleagues voted him out after the referendum. And all because the Euro Fascist's didn't like negotiating with him and his hard line stance.

remember the done deal if Greece votes no?
    the banks reopening on Tuesday?

The guy is a liar and more fools of the people that ate them up.

He has done nothing, achieved nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Jester252 wrote: »
    remember the done deal if Greece votes no?
    the banks reopening on Tuesday?

The guy is a liar and more fools of the people that ate them up.

He has done nothing, achieved nothing.

Any chance you could take that to the one of the many relevant threads on the topic? After all, this is supposed to be the TA thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

People in the internets.

If someone disagrees they more often than not express their view in a condescending and sarcastic way. So much passive aggressiveness which they would never dream of saying face to face. Why? Any time I see it I want to give their username a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

Bad drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Landlord said he'd be over at 7.

I'm still waiting for him ffs.

Every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

McChubbin wrote: »
    Just got diagnosed with an under-active thyroid. Delighted because it answers a lot of long standing questions as to why my body is working at limited optimisation but annoyed as my new medication (Eltroxin) is making me so sleepy that half the day is gone when I eventually get up. :/
    Also, the kids next door to me are having a very long, very loud Nerf gun battle. STOP ****ING SCREAMING! And get out of my front garden! *grumble grumble* :mad:

Eltroxin takes some time to regulate. They may even decide to alter the dosages. I know the feeling though, constant tiredness for no apparent reason. Completely messed up my metabolism too, gained a load of weight over it.
    You'll get used to it :) Goitre is a complete pain in the ass too, especially when it comes to male attention :o

Menas wrote: »
    Every thing about her annoys me at the moment!

she has this horrible ''little miss perfect'' image about her from what I've seen and read. very odd in a zany American way. conscious uncoupling?????? but she could be sound...you never know. she was featured before on a most annoying people...program

TA that they stopped those programs. every year they'd do a countdown on BBC of the most annoying people/ celebrities of that year, basically anyone who got into the news for the wrong reasons, or was just plain annoying due to overexposure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

grundie wrote: »
    I lost a friend over this. We always went out on a Saturday night. We'd arrange to meet at 10pm, I'd always be there on time. He'd be 15 mins late, but over time he got later. Until being an hour late was normal.

And his excuses weren't really excuses. It would be stuff like having to finish a game or watching the end of a program.

So I started to go home after 15 mins of waiting. And somehow that made me the bad guy. He told me to f off one night and that was the end of that.

know the feeling here - same as that, id arrange to meet this person and they were always last and Im left standing there on my own like a thick waiting for them, so one day I decided to arrive half and hour late Figuring they still wont have arrived - we both got there at the same time & then she freaks at me for showing up late and how she could have been left to stand waiting on her own if she had been any earlier (on time!!) but didn't matter about all the times I stood on my own waiting for her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Had to boil the kettle to get hot water to wash up after brekkie. When I went to fill the sink with said hot water, the stopper dislodged & all my lovely hot water gone straight down the sink.

Also today, emptied the washing machine and hung out clothes, only to find a stray sock in utility room when finished.

Gona be One of those really TA days & I have yet to go to work.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Had to boil the kettle to get hot water to wash up after brekkie. When I went to fill the sink with said hot water, the stopper dislodged & all my lovely hot water gone straight down the sink.

Also today, emptied the washing machine and hung out clothes, only to find a stray sock in utility room when finished.

Gona be One of those really TA days & I have yet to go to work.

The Curse of the Spare Sock. Dismal event in anyone's life.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

eternal wrote: »
    The Curse of the Spare Sock. Dismal event in anyone's life.
    My missus tends to match up the spare socks with other spare socks. So the odd time when doing the washing I'm left with 7 or 8 odd socks from that wash.
    But then again, one of the kids always wants to wear odd socks as well.
    It's an odd sock imporium in Casa De Bap sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

The comeback of the breakfast rolls.

The comeback of the breakfast rolls.

Sadly they never went away from me. But I make my own at home and try to use decent quality ingredients.

The wife calls breakfast rolls "The Widow Maker". :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Why is there not a breakfast roll in front of me instead of this keyboard!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Why is there not a breakfast roll in front of me instead of this keyboard!!! :mad:

Love to see ya post on boards from a breakfast roll! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Love to see ya post on boards from a breakfast roll! :rolleyes:

He usually has egg on his face....

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Dropped a ceramic milk jug at work just after the boss came in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was in a pet store last Saturday buying food for my dogs and I noticed they have a new dog grooming room. It is laid out like almost like an NCT test centre. I was particularly impressed by the grooming table each dog was on. The table catered for every dog size and was hydraulically powered. So the groomer could raise or lower the table for each dog size.

Now cue the reason I'm TA. I had to bring my biggest German Shepherd to the Vet yesterday. The examination table was barely big enough for him to fit on it. It was located in a confined space and it was pretty awkward having to lift his big heavy frame onto it without any assistance.

But it made me think, if a fecking dog grooming service can have hi tech tables that can be raised and lowered, why can't a Veterinary practice? You would think that they of all places, should be equipped to accommodate dogs of all sizes and not risk an owner putting their back out.

Menas wrote: »
    He usually has egg on his face....

Easier to clean off than egg on keyboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Oh, it's very warm"

Go and kiss me arse!

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Oh, it's very warm"

Go and kiss me arse!

Will that blow cool air onto them? :pac:

Opening a thread with many embedded images, to the last post you read. You start scrolling down, and as the newer images load, it goes back to that last post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Sneery fcuk I hadn't seen in a few years, really sarcastic about it:

"Jesus you look like you're wasting away, heh"

Well, I thought, since we're being honest with each other:

"And you haven't changed a bit... you're still the same smarmy little prick you always were!"

I'm not proud of it, but fcuk him, he caught me at a bad time anyway just after I'd come out of a shop having exchanged a trousers I bought yesterday for a bigger size... :o

Period pain. It feels like hundreds of little people are inside hacking away with ice picks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Opening a thread with many embedded images, to the last post you read. You start scrolling down, and as the newer images load, it goes back to that last post.
    And someone quotes it with all the imbeded images in it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

In my job this is how a meeting between co-workers usually goes...

Guy 1: Any craic.
    Guy 2: Nah, f*ck all.
    Both : *silence*

So I try to shake it up a bit...

Guy 1: Any craic?
    Me : Yeah, I was up in Carlingford there at the weekend and went to that Skypark and did zip-lining and all then went to the Cooley mountains for a bit of a hike and after that went to the Drogheda vs Dundalk derby, it was a mad game, sendings off and a late last minute goal. How about yourself?
    Guy 1: Nah, f*ck all.
    Me : :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

KatW4 wrote: »
    Period pain. It feels like hundreds of little people are inside hacking away with ice picks!

I find this picture describes it best ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The loo-la on the M50 this afternoon heading North driving in the middle lane (doing about 90kmh) with his BIG caravan wobbling/weaving over both the left and the right white line. with not a vehicle to be had in the driving (left, first) lane, where he shoulda been,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Apparently my new Eircode will "make it easier to shop online", hmmmmm thought broadband done that (and a credit card) but who am I to doubt E27million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

When people's car tax, insurance and NCT holders are hanging off the windscreen. Costs a couple of quid for replacements.

Also "vaping". Not the activity - couldn't give a toss about that - but the word.

• Advertisement

I find this picture describes it best

Hehe I love it. Pain still hasn't eased even with painkillers :(

KatW4 wrote: »
    Hehe I love it. Pain still hasn't eased even with painkillers :(

Mefenamic acid.

eternal wrote:
    Mefenamic acid.

That's Ponstan? Worked for a few months but not anymore. I'm just awkward.

It drives me mad the amount of people who pass me out at roundabouts. Either before it or after it. It's dangerous and annoying.

Having my phone battery at a nice healthy 80-90% before bed, but by morning it's drained overnight and down to 20 despite no activity. I can't keep it charged overnight for safety reasons and in the morning I never have enough time to get it charged back up to a decent level before I've to head out. And it drains quicker than it charges.

And....quietness being a social death sentence. This chap I know
    had been getting harassed and snagged off for being quiet and "not talking". He's since been told he's come out of his shell. I want to scream on his behalf. He's not in a shell. I hate people saying that , I know what it's like to be told that, it's ****ing patronising. . Some people think if you don't talk TO THEM, you must be quiet. It's a bit like a lad saying a girl must be a a lesbian because she isn't all over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Duvet covers and trying to get them on.

My bedside lamp just broke and my neighbour is slamming doors like there's a door slamming championship going on. Grand Slam asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I have new glasses.
    I thought they looked "cool" when buying them. They are modern horn rimmed and I thought they would be a bit "Mad Men"
    They don't.

I look like a cross between Dame Edna and one of Les Dawsons "ladies" :eek:
    Sick as a pig :(

Smidge wrote: »
    I have new glasses.
    I thought they looked "cool" when buying them. They are modern horn rimmed and I thought they would be a bit "Mad Men"
    They don't.

Pictures so we can judge :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Smidge wrote: »
    I have new glasses.
    They don't.

Return them. In my experience, opticians will let you bring back glasses you're not happy with, even if you just don't like the frames.

I never knew this until a few years ago. Could have saved myself a fortune with all the glasses I bought and never wore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement