Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

lizzyman wrote: »
    Return them. In my experience, opticians will let you bring back glasses you're not happy with, even if you just don't like the frames.

I never knew this until a few years ago. Could have saved myself a fortune with all the glasses I bought and never wore.

Really?
    I thought they looked good at the time, tried on lots and still came back to these ones.
    Collected them today and they put 20 bloody years on me.
    This makes me TA :mad:

Edit
    Tbh this is the first time EVER in my 30 years of wearing glasses that I was disgusted with how they looked!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I want tortoise shell ones in brown next I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

eternal wrote: »
    I want tortoise shell ones in brown next I think.

I'll sell ya mine if you are as blind as a bat you'll be grand ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

When people's car tax, insurance and NCT holders are hanging off the windscreen. Costs a couple of quid for replacements.

Also "vaping". Not the activity - couldn't give a toss about that - but the word.

The fact that they call the liquid they use "juice" is somehow the most disgusting thing in the world to me. I don't even know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

All this talk about glasses has given me a TA. I've had glasses since I was 4 and I got a really hard time about it in school. 4 eyes and the likes. But now, I see those exact girls who teased me either wearing glasses themselves or much worse, wearing fake glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why the fcuk would someone wear fake glasses???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Wearing fake glasses is the most advanced muppetry ever!

I am not a fan of too much make up, fake tan, fake nails and lashes - but each to their own. No bother.
    But wearing glasses for no other reason then to be seen to wear glasses? MUPPETS!

People who don't know how to use an ellipsis properly bug the hell out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

My TA today is uneven footpaths. While walking to work this morning I noticed that it was was like walking on the deck of a ship on the high seas. To add to this some businesses have "retrofitted" their entrances to be wheelchair friendly by sloping down to the footpath so you're walking like you have one leg longer than the other. One place, the YWCA, has a huge mound construction that fills the entire footpath that couldn't possibly be of any benefit to any person with mobility issues.

My TA today is uneven footpaths. While walking to work this morning I noticed that it was was like walking on the deck of a ship on the high seas. To add to this some businesses have "retrofitted" their entrances to be wheelchair friendly by sloping down to the footpath so you're walking like you have one leg longer than the other. One place, the YWCA, has a huge mound construction that fills the entire footpath that couldn't possibly be of any benefit to any person with mobility issues.

I worked out in India for a few weeks once upon a time. You want to try walking the 'footpath' over there. Massive holes (big enough for you to fall in to and never be seen again), uneven surface, stepping over human pee....
    Honest to God, health and safety is a myth over there.
    No excuses for that over here though...bad form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Kev W wrote: »
    People who don't know how to use an ellipsis properly bug the hell out of me.

I... know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

There's one particular footpath that is slanted like that. The only option is to walk along the kerb unless you want your back out of alignment. For a minute is grand, but this is a relatively long pathway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Trivially annoyed I had to google what an ellipsis is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I splashed water in my face when I was scrubbing the toilet :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rosie Rant wrote: »

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm annoyed today that I didn't stop off and get a breakfast roll this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

Rosie Rant wrote: »

Was it toilet water, tonic water, rain water or expensive tap water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

73Cat wrote: »
    Trivially annoyed I had to google what an ellipsis is.

You weren't the only one.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm annoyed today that I didn't stop off and get a breakfast roll this morning.

I'm annoyed that you mentioned breakfast roll. I haven't had one in ages and now I have an irrational desire for one.:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm annoyed that you mentioned breakfast roll. I haven't had one in ages and now I have an irrational desire for one.:(
    So do I since yesterday on this thread. The rough part is that most deli's now would have only the crusty scraps of the making leftover from this morning.
    I used to get real annoyed when I'd get a deli roll with not so fresh fillings.
    Another major gripe with deli rolls was putting the chicken fillet in the roll last!!!! LAST!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The way Tv3 try to be humourous with their ads for films...
    Speaking of their films, they're always the sort of ones you'd see in the bargain bin in the two euro shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Went to work without a jacket this morning, just a cardigan, cos it was sunny. I should've known better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Bertie ahearn being on TV :mad:

Also today being so crappy on my first day off in an age :/:/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

Each day seems to have four seasons this summer, Thankfully skin doesn't leak,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Smidge wrote: »
    Really?
    I thought they looked good at the time, tried on lots and still came back to these ones.
    Collected them today and they put 20 bloody years on me.
    This makes me TA :mad:

Edit
    Tbh this is the first time EVER in my 30 years of wearing glasses that I was disgusted with how they looked!

Specsavers will let you change them, yes.

Never blow your nose with the same tissue you used to remove the reside of glue from your acrylic nails

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Another major gripe with deli rolls was putting the chicken fillet in the roll last!!!! LAST!!!!!

I really can't understand why they do that. The roll is stuffed with so much salad and coleslaw, the fecking meat can't even fit into it :(. I end up having to reconstruct the roll, putting the meat on the inside and then covering it with the salad & coleslaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I really can't understand why they do at. The roll is stuffed with so much salad and coleslaw, the fecking meat can't even fit into it :(. I end up having to reconstruct the roll, putting the meat on the inside and then covering it with the salad & coleslaw.

The small shop on Harolds grange Road, the roll or sandwich is just stuffed with chicken pieces and the salad is the after thought and they're HUGE and only E3.50.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

KatW4 wrote: »

It drives me mad the amount of people who pass me out at roundabouts. Either before it or after it. It's dangerous and annoying.

Cause no one seems to be able to use them, specially the ones with 2 lanes around them, lets just drive straight on them, are roundabouts not in driving tests anymore, grrr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

With all this talk of breakfast rolls I had to have a rasher sandwich. Went out with ketchup all over my face without knowing after chowing down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

With all this talk of breakfast rolls I had to have a rasher sandwich. Went out with ketchup all over my face without knowing after chowing down.

Oh, I like you.

Rasher and ketchup sandwiches are the dream

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Graveyards.

They're disgusting, and more so for the urban ones.

Underneath your feet it's just a big toxic sludge of A. human remains (grand) B. treated wood from the coffins (Not grand) and C. the crap the undertakers fill you with to keep you fresh (Not grand)

When I shuffle off this mortal coil, it'll be a plain wooden box down the fields, and there'll be grass growing over me, not ornamental gravel adorned with plastic flowers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

mud wrote: »
    Nathan. Carter.

Derek. Ryan is much much worse.

But yeah RTE's idolatry of tame Irish country music is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Trivially annoyed that my little shopping trolley gave up the ghost yesterday. Sure, it was just a cheap auld canvas thing from Tiger but it was reliable and made bringing groceries back from Lidls/JCs a doddle. (I don't drive)
    The kickstand got banjaxed because some IGNORANT SLUT thought it would be fun to stand on the metal brake part on a packed bus. :mad:
    I managed to replace it, no bother, but I still miss my old one. I'm just not a "pink strawberry motif" kind of girl!
    Also, I want a breakfast roll!

selous wrote: »
    The small shop on Harolds grange Road, the roll or sandwich is just stuffed with chicken pieces and the salad is the after thought and they're HUGE and only E3.50.:D

Great stuff, now all I have to do is to drive about 125 miles to get one.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I bought a doner kebab when sober. Bad idea, never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

galljga1 wrote: »
    I bought a doner kebab when sober. Bad idea, never again.

Worse idea: mentioning "kebab" in here! :)

My kitten brought a live mouse into the house earlier. I am terrified of them so I was crying and panicking a bit. Now everyone is laughing at me for being ridiculous :(

I have guests coming this weekend. What was I thinking?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

McChubbin wrote: »
    Trivially annoyed that my little shopping trolley gave up the ghost yesterday. Sure, it was just a cheap auld canvas thing from Tiger but it was reliable and made bringing groceries back from Lidls/JCs a doddle. (I don't drive)
    The kickstand got banjaxed because some IGNORANT SLUT thought it would be fun to stand on the metal brake part on a packed bus. :mad:
    I managed to replace it, no bother, but I still miss my old one. I'm just not a "pink strawberry motif" kind of girl!
    Also, I want a breakfast roll!

Can you get a new one in a triple pack with a tartan blanket and a platic rain bonnet (to protect the blue rinse) :pac:

In all seriousness, I'm sure they are very useful for shopping when you have no car, admittedly I do love my panniers
    :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Does anybody else feel that everything in modern Ireland is about competition.Who can:
    1.Run more miles
    2. Cycle more miles.
    3.Have the better car/holiday.
    4. Be more knowledgeable.
    5. Have the better house.
    6. Have the best looking husband/wife.
    7. Brighter kids.
    8. Better job.
    9. Bigger crowd at their funeral.

Johngoose wrote: »
    Does anybody else feel that everything in modern Ireland is about competition.Who can:
    1.Run more miles
    2. Cycle more miles.
    7. Brighter kids.
    8. Better job.

You know something, when I was younger I used to worry about all that crap. But once I stopped worrying about it life became so much nicer.
    Just be you and have some goals that you want to achieve for you. Fck the rest of em!

People who think quoting funny bits from The Simpsons makes THEM funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    Worse idea: mentioning "kebab" in here! :)
    Johngoose wrote: »
    1.Run more miles
    2. Cycle more miles.
    7. Brighter kids.
    8. Better job.

Has anyone seen these two guys in the same room?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People who are perpetually offended at every single cause. On par with ISIS.

Passive-aggressive people.

My lovely friend is a long time lurker on boards. She keeps sending me snapchat pictures of my posts! Not impressed 😠

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

People who battle each other on every forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

galljga1 wrote: »
    People who battle each other on every forum.

You would say that, wouldn't ya?! Huh! YA WANNA GO?!?
    *engages in a 3 page spat before mods shut us down*
    ...I'll see you in the "unpopular opinions" thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The fact that the weather for my race on Sunday has switched from "British Variable" to "just plain shíte" within today's forecasts. :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement