Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I know the staff are paid to do it but I find it quite annoying and ignorant when people don't clean up their left overs from tables in places like McDonalds.
    The bin is literally 5 foot away from them too.

Yeah, my kids do. This is what they have been taught. They also pick up litter on occasion, quite simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

And half the food is on the floor, frikken hate that, wonder what their homes are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

What's wrong with that?

I've worked in facilities in the UK where reverse parking is mandatory! The logic being you reverse park earlier in the day when your more alert, as opposed to at the end of a work day when you are more tired, and more likely to slip up while reversing, and possibly have an accident. Studies have proven this practice does indeed reduce carpark dings etc... So I myself will usually always reverse park if I can.

Its annoying when your stuck behind someone who takes 3 to 4 attempts to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

People traffic. People ahead of you who move slowly and hesitantly, and slow to get out of the way. The elderly are infamous for this, holding up queues with their endless queries and transactions. they talk slowly, move sloooowly, respond slooooooooowly, taking their tiiiiiiiiiiiime. I'm sorry I like the elderly deep down, but just wish aging didn't slow us down so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

JillyQ wrote: »
    Its annoying when your stuck behind someone who takes 3 to 4 attempts to do it.

They possibly need driving lessons if it takes them that many attempts to reverse into a space?

I just got into the habit of reversing into spaces as I used drive a van when I was younger...and you don't want to be trying to reverse a van out blindly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I only just remembered this now, possibly I blocked it out as it was quite traumatic. Yesterday evening in Tesco there was a woman in a fluffy pink dressing gown, pyjamas and slippers in a queue. I can't believe I didn't bitch about it to anyone, so annoyed !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

They possibly need driving lessons if it takes them that many attempts to reverse into a space?

I just got into the habit of reversing into spaces as I used drive a van when I was younger...and you don't want to be trying to reverse a van out blindly

Very few people would have done that. But if someone isn't capable of doing it in one or maybe two goes. Don't do it in place were you are going hold up others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

Kev W wrote: »
    100% agreed. A little bit of courtesy goes a long way.

Not much of that about these days. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Cutting a toe or fingernail down too far. Fcuk it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Cutting a toe or fingernail down too far. Fcuk it anyway!

Nothing worse when it's a toenail and then putting your socks over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Putin wrote: »

*shudders* I really hate that feeling, it's the same when I cut my fingernails too short and then I don't want to touch anything because it sends a shiver down my spine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Trivially annoyed that my multi-vitamin pill tastes like vinegar-soaked cardboard. I go for the Holland & Barretts own brand of vitamins and they have no gluten/soya/artificial preservatives/flavors/sugars/etc. But still, they taste vile and it lingers on my tongue all morning no matter how much tea I drink!
    Also a bit more than trivial: the fact that I now have to take as many as 10 and a half pills a day just to keep all my chemicals/hormones in balance. It's depressing. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I know the staff are paid to do it but I find it quite annoying and ignorant when people don't clean up their left overs from tables in places like McDonalds.
    The bin is literally 5 foot away from them too.

If I'm over at a friends house for some grub, I'll automatically bring my dishes to the sink and start cleaning them when I'm finished. They usually stop me, but the very least I'll do is rinse off my dishes.

It's all down to simple manners and upbringing. My parents raised me to have a bit of manners and consideration for others. Ignorance or entitlement wasn't tolerated in our family home. I hate self entitled pricks who think it's o.k. to behave like ignorant pigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Being the family counsellor/mediator in family squabbles. They're already eyeballing and arguing over the house/property, and my mother is now "on her last legs" apparently according to some family members (still looking healthy as a horse far as I can see anyway!). You really have to wonder about the mindset of some people...

I think I preferred it when I was the black sheep of the family and none of them ever talked to me. Now I wish they'd all just... politely as possible, fcuk off! :pac:

I hope the mother sets a match to the place as she's passing out through the door. I could care less what happens to it or any of the greedy saucer-eyed fcukers that have their sights set on it while my mother is still breathing! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

badly folded newspapers are a real pain in my ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People that say Maigh Eo rather than Mayo in conversation. I get it's the way to say it in Irish but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Robsweezie wrote: »
    People traffic. People ahead of you who move slowly and hesitantly, and slow to get out of the way. The elderly are infamous for this, holding up queues with their endless queries and transactions. they talk slowly, move sloooowly, respond slooooooooowly, taking their tiiiiiiiiiiiime. I'm sorry I like the elderly deep down, but just wish aging didn't slow us down so much.
    A variation of this is shopping people traffic. Some aul wan pushing her trolley along on side of the aisle, sees something one the other side so slowly move across, but trailing the trolley across the whole aisle, blocking anybody else from getting by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Being the family counsellor/mediator in family squabbles. They're already eyeballing and arguing over the house/property, and my mother is now "on her last legs" apparently according to some family members (still looking healthy as a horse far as I can see anyway!). You really have to wonder about the mindset of some people...

I think I preferred it when I was the black sheep of the family and none of them ever talked to me. Now I wish they'd all just... politely as possible, fcuk off! :pac:

I hope the mother sets a match to the place as she's passing out through the door. I could care less what happens to it or any of the greedy saucer-eyed fcukers that have their sights set on it while my mother is still breathing! :mad:

Wills split families. Sad but true. I have told my mum to leave everything to the Dog. You know something - she is just crazy enough to do that...which would be great.

Menas wrote: »
    Wills split families. Sad but true. I have told my mum to leave everything to the Dog. You know something - she is just crazy enough to do that...which would be great.

Woof, woof.

• Advertisement

Putin wrote: »

You obviously never caught your mickey in your zipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Already running late and now I have to wait ages (by London standards) for my train because some absolute ****wit doesn't seem to get the concept that during the morning rush hour "walk on the left" actually requires some fcuking movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Not a TA, but actually deadly serious annoyance.

I have a spot on my nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

badly folded newspapers are a real pain in my ass

Instead of folding them, roll them into a cylindrical shape for easier insertion.

People, everything pisses you off on a Monday morning. Every negative instance is magnified x100 because it's Monday.

TA bumping into people you vaguely know, but don't really like in shopping centres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Reminds me of a mountainous spot I got on my cheek before my Uni graduation. It got so big, an ex of mine wanted to apply some of her make up over it. But I wasn't having it, I had bonded with it and I was lovingly cultivating it for the optimal moment to squeeze. It really was sight to behold, I did consider installing some aviation lights on it because it had become so mountainous. Tbh, I was kinda sad when it was gone.

• Advertisement

Why do kids always pull their socks off inside out? Every single one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Instead of folding them, roll them into a cylindrical shape for easier insertion.

why do you think I use cucumbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

galljga1 wrote: »
    Why do kids always pull their socks off inside out? Every single one.

Kids?

I'm just thinking now, "have I been doing it wrong the last 30 odd years?". I just thought like everything else, they get a better wash when they're turned inside out so I just peel them off like that and then that saves the launderette guy a bit of work. He's probably been silently cursing me all these years and I never knew :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I've been caught in a tremendous hurricane, water and tumultuous whirlwinds force themselves upon me. I'm in agony, my eardrums are bursting and my heads exploding. Unbearable tension holds its clammy hands around me.

Yes, my neighbour's broken washing machine is on, whirring and gurgling, shaking the floorboards above. Nobody cares, the Landlord scoffs. Another day, another dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

The idea that runners and joggers are a hazard on the roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

go on the footpath? roads are for cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who don't know how to close doors properly, just close it over and then give it a quick pull till you hear the lock click. Everyone in my house slams the **** out of the door when their leaving, the whole house actually shakes, they do it so hard. Especially annoying when you're in bed on a Sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

and it's a TA for me that some runners/joggers seem to think they have a right of way on the footpath

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

People leaving a week's worth of groceries for themselves in our tiny work fridge, using up all the space. I could barely squeeze in my lunch box this morning, and I was one of the first people in the office today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Went shopping with d'mammy today and she kindly bought me a nice plaid shirt I was admiring in Dunnes.
    It was a size 20 but looked pretty roomy on the hanger. First mistake? I didn't try it on in the shop- I get fitting room anxiety at the best of times. Got home, pulled my t-shirt off and slipped the new one on- nope. Couldn't even get it up to my shoulders, such is the lack of give in the fabric. Heartbroken. I'm now sitting here feeling fat and frumpy and full of self-loathing. Damn my broad shoulders and bulky arms. Damn them to hell. :( :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Having a 16 year child in the home. For those of you who have experienced this pleasure I need say no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Smidge wrote: »
    Having a 16 year child in the home. For those of you who have experienced this pleasure I need say no more.

i know the pain.:confused:

at least I work and can escape for a while.

Two pillowcases getting caught in the duvet cover so everything is dry except them. So annoying yet so trivial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

arayess wrote: »
    i know the pain.:confused:

at least I work and can escape for a while.

I for one am in favour of something like National Service 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Working long waitressing shifts gives me sore ankles and its a TA :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

eternal wrote: »
    Two pillowcases getting caught in the duvet cover so everything is dry except them. So annoying yet so trivial.

Fúcking duvet covers, is there no end to the amount of stress and annoyance they cause? Surely there is a better way?

lizzyman wrote: »
    Fúcking duvet covers, is there no end to the amount of stress and annoyance they cause? Surely there is a better way?

http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/selk-bag-3g-wearable-sleeping-bag-8.jpg

Sorry be going on but the very second my back is turned the cheapskate neighbour comes down and starts using the dryer even though it's obvious my clothes are in the washing machine wet. I've already paid for the washing so he must smell the money or something. It keeps happening and I told him how can I dry my clothes which I have already paid for when you are using the dryer. He pretend he doesn't understand and questions me on how long I will be even though I'm paying for it. The fcking nerve of this prick I swear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Loud gossipy neighbours that set up camp at entrances and near windows.
    Get a room already.

always happens when you're going out somewhere or dealing with people face to face, and you've nothing strong enough to clear it up as fast as you'd like it to. I used to want to hide away and wait for the big red cyst - like things to clear up :(

TA at predictable mob mentality. PR scandal involving a local business? head straight to their facebook page and blast them with p.....poor 1 star reviews and scathing comments even though you've never set foot in the place, why? because rabble ****ing RABBLE! they have the best of intentions but it happens so often that you just get sick of the same ''disgusting'' ''outrageous'' ''should be ashamed'' lines of commentary that your eyes glaze over. it'll be a different scandal next week and people will carry on lapping it up.

also TA when a historical event happens, every second post on your timeline is a post about that event, and it gets to the point where you wish said event never happened just because of the constant streams of people basically saying the same thing, take the Mar.Ref for example. this goes hand in hand with the above social media mobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

Dramatik wrote: »
    People who don't know how to close doors properly, just close it over and then give it a quick pull till you hear the lock click. Everyone in my house slams the **** out of the door when their leaving, the whole house actually shakes, they do it so hard. Especially annoying when you're in bed on a Sunday morning.

I'm with you on this.

Equally annoying, people who can't close doors to the other extreme - i.e. the door isn't properly closed and any breeze has them gently hitting off the jam repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Having to repeatedly get out of bed to stop the kitten from rooting through the bin. As soon as she knows I'm coming over, she strolls away pretending she wasn't doing anything. Grrrrrr she knows not to be in the bin but does it anyway!

People on adverts who don't read the ad properly, then get pissy when you don't play ball with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Needing a fire in July. Not for company but for warmth. On the upside I suppose it lessens the risk of birdies getting comfy in the chimney but moy jaaaaaaaaysus am I sick of carting fuel around the place. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Trying to buy gamecube games. It took me weeks to get it to work on my TV, and cost me €100+. I bought Mario kart double dash, before I realised it wouldn't work on my TV. It came with no case, just the disk. I put it somewhere safe and now I can't remember where I put it. Doing a big clear out so I might have thrown it out :(
    €20 for a new one second hand on adverts!
    Then there's another game that is great but I can't find it anywhere, except amazon for €35. Will have to suck it up, cheaper than other consoles I suppose!

There's also a really noisy bike being driven around the area, it sounds like a hairdryer. Been going around for ages now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement