Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Oh yeah there's a car going round that whirls sounds like and old persons breathing apparatus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

We were supposed to have a large group in for dinner at work at around 8:00. They arrived at quarter to 11. :o we literally had everything prepared and had to wait and do nothing until they arrived. At least they were good fun and no hassle. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Stupid spelling mistakes that totally undermine whatever is being written about.

To paraphrase the BBC: It's better to be second and correct than be first and wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Heartburn, I'm 99% sure I'm turning into a fire breathing dragon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that no one has posted here in 9 hours. Are you lot on happy drugs or what?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Garages and their gangster ways ...and my inability to stand up to them.

Had to get my rear light replaced this morning after a minor accident yesterday. Quoted €35 beforehand, grand so I said take it in now and sort it. Handed back the keys..that's €50 so please. Grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When people don't say "I love you" back. My family members only say it back once in a blue moon. I still feel all rejected when they don't say it, even though it's always been this way. We're not exactly lovey dovey. Well, I am but they're not :p .

"Good luck today, mam. Love you x."
    "OK."

"Happy birthday bro, I love you."
    "Thanks sis."

GRR!

Nobody ever seems to say I love you too or even goodbye on TV shows or in films either. It's usually just one person who says it and the person they're talking to completely blanks them and ends the coversation. It's really annoying. I feel like shouting "Say it back!!" at the screen .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

KatW4 wrote: »
    Having to repeatedly get out of bed to stop the kitten from rooting through the bin. As soon as she knows I'm coming over, she strolls away pretending she wasn't doing anything. Grrrrrr she knows not to be in the bin but does it anyway!

I feel your pain, cats! They are a law unto themselves. My cat keeps waking us every couple of hours, he is worse during the summer because it gets bright outside so early, we let him out but then he just comes back in and decides he wants to play with us/ have a cuddle/ wants something to eat at 4am :(

Then when we get up in the morning he is straight into the bed and he naps for most of the day. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    When people don't say "I love you" back. My family members only say it back once in a blue moon. I still feel all rejected when they don't say it, even though it's always been this way. We're not exactly lovey dovey. Well, I am but they're not :p .

"Good luck today, mam. Love you x."
    "OK."

"Happy birthday bro, I love you."
    "Thanks sis."

GRR!

Nobody ever seems to say I love you too or even goodbye on TV shows or in films either. It's usually just one person who says it and the person they're talking to completely blanks them and ends the coversation. It's really annoying. I feel like shouting "Say it back!!" at the screen .

Irish people in General are not great at that, unless we have a few on board.

"Sober Sharon, sober!, drunk doesn't count" Dessie Curley - The Snapper.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've been working from home that past couple of mornings.

Yesterday I heard a ruffling in the post box flap yoke and seen that someone just posted something for John Lyons TD in my letter box.
    I have a clear sign on it that says 'No Junk Mail'.
    I grabbed the flyer for John Lyons TD and opened the door and returned it to the leaflet delivery guy and noted there was a No Junk Mail sign. The guy couldn't give a flying f*ck.

Today, just 10 minutes ago, another leaflet came in. Something for a painter.
    I again opened the door and returned it. This time the guy (different to yesterday) tried to argue that 80% of the jobs he gets are from houses with the 'no Junk Mail' signs which he chooses to ignore and post in anyway. A$shole, I think he realised what an as$hole like statement he made and walked away.

• Advertisement

Trivially annoyed that it's my birthday and I ate so much food that I feel sick now, and it's not even half one :o

I'm supposed to be going out for dinner this evening so I'll have to lay off the food until then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

The car park charges at hospitals. My dad is in hospital and under infection control measures. Only myself and my mother can visit and I think I've spent over €40 so far on car park charges (not including today) since Friday. Extortion!

Rogueish wrote: »
    The car park charges at hospitals. My dad is in hospital and under infection control measures. Only myself and my mother can visit and I think I've spent over €40 so far on car park charges (not including today) since Friday. Extortion!

Some hospitals offer a discount for relatives of patients, try talking to the head nurse of the ward to see if you can get one. I hope your dad gets better soon, the car park charges really are extortionate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Trivially annoyed that it's my birthday and I ate so much food that I feel sick now, and it's not even half one :o

I'm supposed to be going out for dinner this evening so I'll have to lay off the food until then!

Let me know what you have in the restaurant.... I'm like Barbara from the royle family, love hearing about people's dinners! :o

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Let me know what you have in the restaurant.... I'm like Barbara from the royle family, love hearing about people's dinners! :o

I don't even know what restaurant I'm going to because it's a surprise, all very exciting! I'll let you know what I have :D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Irish people in General are not great at that, unless we have a few on board.

"Sober Sharon, sober!, drunk doesn't count" Dessie Curley - The Snapper.

I know, silly Irish people :p . Damn, I want to read/watch The Snapper now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

When you are just about to step out of the shower and you realise you have forgotten to bring a towel. Cue a cold wet run to get one! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

When you get a sandwich at the deli counter with tomato inside and they have not removed the core of the tomato; the really hard bit in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I just emailed telecom with a complaint.

They will respond within ten working days....with a case number!!

Wtf? It could take up to two weeks for a telephone company to get me to acknowledge my complaint ?

Imagine if you recieved a payment demand from them, and replied in a similar fashion.

"Dear Telecom, yeah I know I owe you money, let me think about that for ten days or so, and then I will let you know whether I intend to pay or not"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'm still on 'holidays' at the minute while my phone is out of action (yes, I depend that much on my phone, but that's a whole other story), and between the going stir crazy with having not planned for this little holiday, and the staring at the walls (that thankfully are not leopard print) and the humidity, I was dozing off here, and just at that point where I was half asleep but I thought someone was talking to me, and I'm chatting away, was conscious I was doing it, but thinking in my head "stop talking, stop, talking", took me a minute or two to wake up and actually stop talking! :o

Sooner I'm back to my normal routine, the better, this is just too weird and I don't like it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Medusa22 wrote:
    Then when we get up in the morning he is straight into the bed and he naps for most of the day.

Everything you said is what Pepper does too. God they're annoying creatures! But oh so cute!!

Medusa22 wrote:
    Trivially annoyed that it's my birthday and I ate so much food that I feel sick now, and it's not even half one

Happy birthday 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Back from a long holiday and feeling so sluggish and tired at work that I need another holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

There's one lecturer at college who I only see once in a while. I always seem to be wearing the same trousers/top combination on these occasions. TA she probably thinks I wear the same thing all the time.

Sometimes I don't understand what the words mean on "Write the first word that comes to mind..." thread so I can't join in.

Also when I say sometimes, I mean a lot of the time. It makes me feel so stupid!

Sometimes I don't understand what the words mean on "Write the first word that comes to mind..." thread so I can't join in.

Also when I say sometimes, I mean a lot of the time. It makes me feel so stupid!

Whenever one of those words come up I usually just reply with 'Dictionary'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

Just write the first word that enters your mind. For example, if I posted 'beans' you could probably reply with 'nourishing', 'snack' or even 'fart'. It's up to yourself really.

I procrastinate way too much! It's really getting out of hand. Take today's shopping trip for instance. I decided to use this free day to prepare and cook a really nice meal for my OH. I needed to go out and get ingredients.

This is what I wanted to do :

Get up, dress immediately.
    Go out and get the shopping done.
    Come back and get all of the prep work done for the meal.

This is what I've actually done :

Got up, stayed in pink spotty pyjamas and slippers.
    Arsed around on Boards for a bit.
    Read a bit of my book.
    Decided to give my face a really good cleanse and put on moisturiser.
    Checked Facebook.
    Muttered angrily about two eejits who were shouting on the street.
    Hunted for paper and a pen to make a shopping list (when I could easily have made a list on my phone) .
    Found pen and paper, checked Boards.
    Picked out what I wanted to wear and got dressed.
    Wrote shopping list.
    Arsed around on my phone for a bit.
    Doodled hearts and flowers on the shopping list.
    Went out, did shopping.
    Came back, did half the prep work.
    Made a late lunch.
    Ate lunch while reading my book. Drank coffee while writing this unnecessarily long post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Making constant eye contact with the same person every 5 minutes.... Awkward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I procrastinate way too much! It's really getting out of hand. Take today's shopping trip for instance. I decided to use this free day to prepare and cook a really nice meal for my OH. I needed to go out and get ingredients.

This is what I wanted to do :

Get up, dress immediately.
    Go out and get the shopping done.
    Come back and get all of the prep work done for the meal.

This is what I've actually done :

Got up, stayed in pink spotty pyjamas and slippers.
    Arsed around on Boards for a bit.
    Read a bit of my book.
    Decided to give my face a really good cleanse and put on moisturiser.
    Checked Facebook.
    Muttered angrily about two eejits who were shouting on the street.
    Hunted for paper and a pen to make a shopping list (when I could easily have made a list on my phone) .
    Found pen and paper, checked Boards.
    Picked out what I wanted to wear and got dressed.
    Wrote shopping list.
    Arsed around on my phone for a bit.
    Doodled hearts and flowers on the shopping list.
    Went out, did shopping.
    Came back, did half the prep work.
    Made a late lunch.
    Ate lunch while reading my book. Drank coffee while writing this unnecessarily long post.

:) This is my day if you substitute a few things. Free day so planned to be productive a get a good days study in for an exam in September.

Sub deep cleansing face mask for good cleanse.
    Sub muttered angrily about noisy kids outside instead of 2 eejits.
    Went to shop to buy new stationary. .absolutely no need.
    Decided the current selection of coffee at home wasn't fit for study purpose so drove to supermarket to buy new jar.
    I am now going to knuckle down.😯

:) This is my day if you substitute a few things. Free day so planned to be productive a get a good days study in for an exam in September.

Sub deep cleansing face mask for good cleanse.
    Sub muttered angrily about noisy kids outside instead of 2 eejits.
    Went to shop to buy new stationary. .absolutely no need.
    Decided the current selection of coffee at home wasn't fit for study purpose so drove to supermarket to buy new jar.
    I am now going to knuckle down.😯

Haha glad I'm not the only one. That gave me a good giggle :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I just emailed telecom with a complaint.

They will respond within ten working days....with a case number!!

Wtf? It could take up to two weeks for a telephone company to get me to acknowledge my complaint ?

Imagine if you recieved a payment demand from them, and replied in a similar fashion.

"Dear Telecom, yeah I know I owe you money, let me think about that for ten days or so, and then I will let you know whether I intend to pay or not"

I read this in the voice of John Cleese doing the parrot sketch from Monty Python. Made me smile a little and forget my TA a little bit.

My TA: I work for myself and sometimes am a little late opening the door at work in the mornings as I be ringing clients, posting things, doing the accounts etc before opening shop. The lady who works in the cafe next door has taken to making a comment almost every morning I open my door now, be it to tell me whether I am on time or make a comment about me putting out my sign on the road. All the while making out that she is helping me in some way. This morning she even tapped her watch at me being a quarter of an hour late, which to be honest had me pretty annoyed.

So... people who have to constantly tell you what you are doing wrong even though its none of their business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The media claiming Paul Dunne is the next big thing in Irish golf after finishing 31st in The Open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Motorists who pull in off the road to take / make a phonecall/text.

And then block your driveway for ages. You ask them politely to move, as you are trying to exit your own property and they point to their phone as if to say "can't you see this is more important!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

99% of other people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Radio5 wrote: »
    Motorists who pull in off the road to take / make a phonecall/text.

And then block your driveway for ages. You ask them politely to move, as you are trying to exit your own property and they point to their phone as if to say "can't you see this is more important!"

drive up tight to the car and hand on the horn, they'll move,:cool:

Just write the first word that enters your mind. For example, if I posted 'beans' you could probably reply with 'nourishing', 'snack' or even 'fart'. It's up to yourself really.

Yeah I know that but some words come up and nothing comes to mind except I'm pretty dumb ha!

Underneath my eye is all swollen, went to the doctors and he reckons it's my asthma!!! Who knew asthma could make your eye swell and have you looking like Frankenstein :(

people who are useless at computers, that need to be handheld through the whole process of using one. ''so do I click this?'' ''where do i go now? '' how do i do this?'' ''where do i put this file?'' I don't mind helping here and there but every two seconds... everyone should try to familiarize themselves with at least the basics of computers in this day and age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Clothes jumping inside the duvet cover while in the washing machine, so when you take the duvet cover out, ALL THE OTHER CLOTHES ARE INSIDE THE DAMN THING.
    Bloody nuisance...and why do all the T-shirts end up inside out?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

When you get a sandwich at the deli counter with tomato inside and they have not removed the core of the tomato; the really hard bit in the middle.

We call that part of the tomatoe "the sprig" in my house! I hate it and won't eat tomatoe unless said sprig has been fully removed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

fussyonion wrote: »
    Clothes jumping inside the duvet cover while in the washing machine, so when you take the duvet cover out, ALL THE OTHER CLOTHES ARE INSIDE THE DAMN THING.
    Bloody nuisance...and why do all the T-shirts end up inside out?!

I just posted about this yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Button flys.

The hospitality industry.

Being wide awake when your able to have a sleep in.

It's been a long day. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Rogueish wrote: »

Reminds of the time when my Dad was dying (RIP):(. I drove like a demon from UCHG in Galway to get to Sligo General. When I left the ward the next morning, to go to my parents house to freshen up. I had a big juicy parking ticket waiting on my windscreen. The ticket I purchased the night before only covered me for 4 hours. An tbh running around trying to find more change was the last thing on my mind.

So I ripped the ticket off the windscreen, went into the parking wardens hut, told them my dad was dying and they could shove their ticket up their arse and I wouldn't be paying it. Before I left I told them the ward my Dad was on and left. The next morning, one of the wardens approached me and told me not to worry about buying parking tickets, they had my reg and they wouldn't be ticketing me again.

So I ripped the ticket off the windscreen, went into the parking wardens hut, told them my dad was dying and they could shove their ticket up their arse and I wouldn't be paying it. Before I left I told them the ward my Dad was on and left. The next morning, one of the wardens approached me and told me not to worry about buying parking tickets, they had my reg and they wouldn't be ticketing me again.

Reminds of the time when my Dad was dying (RIP) . I drove like a demon from UCHG in Galway to get to Sligo General. When I left the ward the next morning, to go to my parents house to freshen up. I had a big juicy parking ticket waiting on my windscreen. The ticket I purchased the night before only covered me for 4 hours. An tbh running around trying to find more change was the last thing on my mind.

Reminds of the time when my Dad was dying (RIP) . I drove like a demon from UCHG in Galway to get to Sligo General. When I left the ward the next morning, to go to my parents house to freshen up. I had a big juicy parking ticket waiting on my windscreen. The ticket I purchased the night before only covered me for 4 hours. An tbh running around trying to find more change was the last thing on my mind.

<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Reminds of the time when my Dad was dying (RIP):(. I drove like a demon from UCHG in Galway to get to Sligo General. When I left the ward the next morning, to go to my parents house to freshen up. I had a big juicy parking ticket waiting on my windscreen. The ticket I purchased the night before only covered me for 4 hours. An tbh running around trying to find more change was the last thing on my mind.

Proper order. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Waking up with one nostril all blocked. Always happens in the morning.

Time speeding by when you're in a rush.

I knew I had to leave the house at 6:45am this morning, so I got up an hour before and had a shower, dried my hair and had my breakfast.

Then I glanced at the clock and it was 6:30am and because my face was so sweaty after drying my hair, I couldn't put my make-up on.
    Opened the door to try and cool my face down.

Then I had to go to the loo.
    Left the house, got into the car and realised I forgot my phone.

Back into the house, switch off the alarm, hunt for my phone, back to the car.
    Late.
    How come the time just flies by when you really need it to go slower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

My parents are such frickin martyrs.

I have mental health issues going on - they make the guilt twice as bad by raving on and on how it's all their fault and they should have picked up on it sooner.

I'm meant to visit them today - they won't let me get the train, which I'd prefer, but instead insist on the six-hour round trip to collect me - and then rock up at my house at 7:30am, meaning they left home at 4:30am. Completely pointless because I'm not ready. I need time to sort myself and my stuff out. They know this. And it's not the first time they've done this.

I know I sound ungrateful but they nearly make it into a bragging competition about how little they've slept and how much worry I cause them. It doesn't help me at all, but I guess it makes them feel better to put themselves out the way they do.

As on other occasions, I've sent them to the spare bedroom for a nap and told them I'd be ready to go around 11am (a somewhat reasonable time.) Still getting feck all done though because I'm so feckin frustrated with them. (And of course they're not napping. That would be too easy, and would take away from their martyrdom.)

My parents are such frickin martyrs.

I have mental health issues going on - they make the guilt twice as bad by raving on and on how it's all their fault and they should have picked up on it sooner.

I'm meant to visit them today - they won't let me get the train, which I'd prefer, but instead insist on the six-hour round trip to collect me - and then rock up at my house at 7:30am, meaning they left home at 4:30am. Completely pointless because I'm not ready. I need time to sort myself and my stuff out. They know this. And it's not the first time they've done this.

I know I sound ungrateful but they nearly make it into a bragging competition about how little they've slept and how much worry I cause them. It doesn't help me at all, but I guess it makes them feel better to put themselves out the way they do.

As on other occasions, I've sent them to the spare bedroom for a nap and told them I'd be ready to go around 11am (a somewhat reasonable time.) Still getting feck all done though because I'm so feckin frustrated with them. (And of course they're not napping. That would be too easy, and would take away from their martyrdom.)

Ah bless them. It is a nice thing to do to drive all that way. But I suppose you need to have a chat with them and tell them that if they insist on collecting you then it needs to be on your terms...at your time!

PandaPoo wrote: »

So, if you're still interested (I'm sure you couldn't sleep last night with the curiosity!) we went to a Chinese restaurant and I had Peking ribs as a starter and beef in black bean sauce with fried rice for the main and it was so, so good. I wanted to have dessert but I was too full, that is my TA!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement