Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/tg4-ladies-football-advert-gives-birth-to-debate-about-sexism-343816.html

The faux outrage surrounding this advert and it's apparent sexism. How is it any less sexist than that infamous Katie Taylor ad that was airing not too long ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Inexplicable stains on a top you've JUST WASHED.
    I put a snow white top in the wash and it came out with dried on spots of something.
    It didn't have a mark on it before it went in.
    And of course because it's a white top, it's so noticeable there's a mark on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/tg4-ladies-football-advert-gives-birth-to-debate-about-sexism-343816.html

The faux outrage surrounding this advert and it's apparent sexism. How is it any less sexist than that infamous Katie Taylor ad that was airing not too long ago?

That crap drives me nuts. People looking to be outraged for the sake of it. Drama queens/kings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

:)
    Went to shop to buy new stationary. .absolutely no need.
    You got nowhere? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭crybaby

I know I sound ungrateful but they nearly make it into a bragging competition about how little they've slept and how much worry I cause them. It doesn't help me at all, but I guess it makes them feel better to put themselves out the way they do.

Yep, you sound ungrateful.

Does it take you 2 and a half hours to get ready?

Make them a cup of tea and some breakfast, sit down and have a chat with them. They're not going to be around forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Unwarned Spoilers. Particularly when they in the Titles of Articles..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

The fact I can hear my foghorn-voiced, busybody, nosey neighbour's every utterance from 70 yards away is a constant TA. Go and poke your nose far, far away.

Is it compulsory for every white van workman to whistle and act the goat constantly? New neighbours have been getting their house gutted and renovated for the last EIGHT months with these Mockney muppets 'working'. And, of course, once they finally move in, they'll expect me to be a bright and breezy neighbour. Fcuk off.

Selfish pedestrians who smoke. There they go, about 15 ft ahead, and either you have to breathe in their foul stench, or you have to run ahead of them to get away for some clean air. Get them - and their vile habit - to fcuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

In a similar vein of Mr Spaceman's experience, I was recently on the train from Galway to Dublin. In the same carriage as myself was this "business woman", a good bit down the carriage. Her voice still carried quite audibly down the carriage though, as she rambled on with her smartphone about the low performance of her hotel/restaurant subordinates, bashing their reputation as much as she could. Utterly manky in a professional sense tbh.
    Annoying trainpassengers don't just come from stag/hen parties for that matter, and can be quite mature in years when it comes to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When people don't stir mince whilst it's cooking and it ends up turning into cooked lumps of meat. I just hate it.

When people insist on not breaking spaghetti in half so that it actually fits in the saucepan straight away. It's going to taste the same so just throw it in there and get it cooking ffs. Had someone insist on keeping it intact once so I left her to it. She ended up having the flame turned up too high and it burnt the spaghetti that was hanging over the pan. *evil smirk*

At work, we have those drinking water taps to fill up your water bottles or cups with. They can be left switched on so you don't have to keep your finger on the trigger but I can't even remember how many times I've walked by and it's been left running. Wasteful swines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

This fella I've been seeing recently. Lovely lad, funny, kinda cute, super down to earth.. Sounds good right? Its only casual really, I didn't want anything serious. And all of a sudden he's talking about a relationship and waiting a year for sex.. :o
    Really annoyed. I dont want a boyfriend and definitely ain't waiting a year for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Of course, if someone is an idiot who can't reverse

Plenty of idiots in Ireland then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

xLisaBx wrote: »
    This fella I've been seeing recently. Lovely lad, funny, kinda cute, super down to earth.. Sounds good right? Its only casual really, I didn't want anything serious. And all of a sudden he's talking about a relationship and waiting a year for sex.. :o
    Really annoyed. I dont want a boyfriend and definitely ain't waiting a year for him

Maybe he is trying to beak up with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

You're walking down the street and your shoelace becomes untied. You bend down and tie it firmly and then continue on your way.

After about thirty seconds you notice that, after tying the original shoelace quite firmly, the other shoelace now feels unsatisfyingly loose even though it's still technically tied.

Eventually you have no choice but to bend down, untie the looser shoelace and tie it again so that it's level of tautness matches the other shoe.

Maybe he is trying to beak up with you?

I don't know :PAC: and he's acting all weird now because I wanted to be more friends with benefits. Oh I hate men.. :(

I don't know :PAC: and he's acting all weird now because I wanted to be more friends with benefits. Oh I hate men.. :(

Most women complain because we try to get them in the sack before knowing their second name!

• Advertisement

Menas wrote: »
    Most women complain because we try to get them in the sack before knowing their second name!

I complain about that too.. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Have you checked if he actually has balls?? :rolleyes:

eternal wrote: »

This is what I'm worried about! What if there's something wrong with him, and he thinks after a year I'd "love" him enough to stay .. :pac:
    Oh lord what have I gotten myself into this time

This is what I'm worried about! What if there's something wrong with him, and he thinks after a year I'd "love" him enough to stay .. :pac:
    Oh lord what have I gotten myself into this time

Or perhaps he just took this song a little too literally.

Menas wrote: »
    Or perhaps he just took this song a little too literally.

.. I'm afraid taking clothes off is part of the package :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA that I didn't meet more women like yourself before I settled down :P

whiskeyman wrote: »
    TA that I didn't meet more women like yourself before I settled down :P

I just wanna be friends.. with benefits! Not sleep with him once or anything slutty like that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I just wanna be friends.. with benefits! Not sleep with him once or anything slutty like that :rolleyes:

PM sent ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

A man that wants to wait a year to have sex?

He is either a religious headcase or a gay guy looking for a beard.

Sever.

Sever.

Definitely a headcase of some sort anyway. He thinks it's normal to use winkey faces as punctuation.
    This morning I received a message along the lines of:
    "Hey ;) any plans for the day ;) I don't I'm off work ;)"
    He seems to hate commas and full stops?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Ordering a pot of tea in the McCafé and they ask are you having it here or taking out. Do they give paper pots of tea in McDonalds?

Moths.
    They have not bothered me, or my clothes, since about 1987.
    But they seem to be back! Moth balls anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Watching myself on video. It's weird seeing all my expressions and mannerisms. Hearing my voice on recordings also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Watching myself on video. It's weird seeing all my expressions and mannerisms. Hearing my voice on recordings also.

This !! Am fully convinced I sound like a man on recordings :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    This !! Am fully convinced I sound like a man on recordings :mad:

It's also ta that you NEVER look how you THINK you look on tape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

How when you are out in a restaurant and the waiter times it perfectly to ask you is "everything ok" just as you are after having a mouthful of your meal.

How I always make a balls of making poached eggs. They never look like they should and are just a white and yellow mess on my plate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You're not alone, I literally can't stand the sight or sound of myself in stuff like that. I've have just no interest in watching or listening to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

''ah i found a video, you're in this one....come have a loo-''

*stealthily slips out of room*

''so, are you gonna talk to X on Skype later?''

''eh....if i get the time...''

Skype is a cVnt for this. watching yourself talk and glaring in the bottom corner creeps me out. i was put on the spot the other day to talk to a relative who's abroad. does anyone look horrible on a webcam?

i think id rather it just be a kept a mystery as to how i look, sound and act to other people, and to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

''ah i found a video, you're in this one....come have a loo-''

*stealthily slips out of room*

''so, are you gonna talk to X on Skype later?''

''eh....if i get the time...''

Skype is a cVnt for this. watching yourself talk and glaring in the bottom corner creeps me out. i was put on the spot the other day to talk to a relative who's abroad. does anyone look horrible on a webcam?

i think id rather it just be a kept a mystery as to how i look, sound and act to other people, and to myself.

One of the few advantages of having crap Internet....Skype annoys me too much to use it with the freezing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

"... blah blah website is not responding"

*loses the will to live*

Fcuk you, Internet Explorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Just getting nicely sleepy, about to nod off when my subconscious sort of tells me "something isn't quite right". I lazily open one eye and fcuk, there is a bat flying around the room. After much flapping of wings, towels and pillowcases I captured him/her/it and released him/her/it out the window. Now I am hyper as fcuk. No sleep for another while.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Just getting nicely sleepy, about to nod off when my subconscious sort of tells me "something isn't quite right". I lazily open one eye and fcuk, there is a bat flying around the room. After much flapping of wings, towels and pillowcases I captured him/her/it and released him/her/it out the window. Now I am hyper as fcuk. No sleep for another while.

Man Cave??? :P

Man Cave??? :P

Batcave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

When that "Windows Module Installer Worker" thing decides to go full retard and eat up all the CPU in your machine and hence prevent you from doing anything smoothly on it until it decides to piss off again. Trying to "end" it too in Task Manager just causes it to fire up even more and cause more havoc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 elprincipito

Poor guy. He's been brought up with the Disney image of girls and probably still believes in romance/love

Definitely a headcase of some sort anyway. He thinks it's normal to use winkey faces as punctuation.
    This morning I received a message along the lines of:
    "Hey ;) any plans for the day ;) I don't I'm off work ;)"
    He seems to hate commas and full stops?

Simple response:
    Any chance of a ride :D

Poor guy. He's been brought up with the Disney image of girls and probably still believes in romance/love

I like romance and love! But not commitment at 19 :P

galljga1 wrote: »
    Simple response:
    Any chance of a ride :D

God like, not for a year, he has rules :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

"... blah blah website is not responding"

*loses the will to live*

Fcuk you, Internet Explorer.

People are still using Internet Explorer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

lizzyman wrote: »
    People are still using Internet Explorer?

People are still using MicroSoft?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 elprincipito

Oldish well to do men trying so hard to be suave. Your old, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Fair enough I suppose. You should let him know your expectations vs his and if the two don't match then call it quits.

Sever.

Lets try reversing the genders here. A woman decides she wants to wait before having sex with her partner. Would you still find it acceptable to question if she was missing some part of her anatomy or was somehow a religious headcase/repressed homosexual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I get annoyed by people who use the word pound (currency) when they are trying to sound simpler. For example, I was reading an article by a local chef recently and in one sentence he said "People are willing to spend €30 on a 3 course meal now" and in another he said "People look at the menu and don't mind going that bit extra for quality and will spend the extra few pound"

Today on radio I was listening to a politico journo on newstalk and at no point did he mention the pound word when discussing the budget but then he got to "People will be looking to see if the extra few pound is in their pay packet" - who gets a pay packet by the way? How ancient is that.

Anyway, use of that word to sound simpler annoys me.
    We use Euro for well over a decade now.

lizzyman wrote: »
    Fair enough I suppose. You should let him know your expectations vs his and if the two don't match then call it quits.

Lets try reversing the genders here. A woman decides she wants to wait before having sex with her partner. Would you still find it acceptable to question if she was missing some part of her anatomy or was somehow a religious headcase/repressed homosexual?

I was joking. People do have different beliefs. I've just personally never met a man who wasn't a horndog. Each to their own but yes, she should be honest with him about their incompatibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Watching tear-jerker videos and wailing like Bob Marley and the Wailers.

PMS is a real pleasure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement