Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 elprincipito

I get annoyed by people who use the word pound (currency) when they are trying to sound simpler. For example, I was reading an article by a local chef recently and in one sentence he said "People are willing to spend €30 on a 3 course meal now" and in another he said "People look at the menu and don't mind going that bit extra for quality and will spend the extra few pound"

Today on radio I was listening to a politico journo on newstalk and at no point did he mention the pound word when discussing the budget but then he got to "People will be looking to see if the extra few pound is in their pay packet" - who gets a pay packet by the way? How ancient is that.

Anyway, use of that word to sound simpler annoys me.
    We use Euro for well over a decade now.

That is hilarious, that irks me too.

A pet peeve of mine is the Irish obsession with 'everyone loving the Irish'. There is some truth to it but it ruins it by gloating about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

This is probably too trivial even for the trivial thread, but anyway.

People who walk on the wrong side of the footpath, especially narrow footpaths or footpaths where half the path is a cycle lane.

If you're walking against the traffic, you stick to the roadside of the path, because you can see oncoming traffic and bicycles without having to constantly look around.

Hate walking to work in the mornings with a constant flow of people walking on the wrong side of narrow paths. If you brazen it out and stick to the correct side, they'll just walk into you because they're glued to their phones. This TA is exacerbated by the fact that I'm moody as f*ck in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

eternal wrote: »
    I was joking. People do have different beliefs. I've just personally never met a man who wasn't a horndog. Each to their own but yes, she should be honest with him about their incompatibility.

You didn't answer my question though. How about we change your post from

eternal wrote: »
    Have you checked if he actually has balls??
    to
    Have you checked if she actually has <insert chosen part of female genitalia>??

Still funny?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

lizzyman wrote: »
    You didn't answer my question though. How about we change your post from

to

Still funny?

Kinda. I'm not really a feminist so I can laugh at it either way. I don't think anyone's being serious here anyway or personally attacking him.

Mod

Drop it.

And don't be bitchy towards other people's trivial annoyances as it just drags the thread down the same route that has seen other people threadbanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

I am annoyed that the "Trivial Things that make you happy" thread is popular again, so I need to double check the tread name before clicking on it. Previously it was enough to just scan the page for the "Trivial things" beginning of the title..I don't care about other people's happiness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am annoyed that the "Trivial Things that make you happy" thread is popular again, so I need to double check the tread name before clicking on it. Previously it was enough to just scan the page for the "Trivial things" beginning of the title..I don't care about other people's happiness!

I even posted in there a few times. Feel like I have been disloyal.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Menas wrote: »
    I even posted in there a few times. Feel like I have been disloyal.:mad:

Traitor!

I got carried away and posted there myself yesterday, don't stone me to death! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

I booked a group study room in my local library to do a skype interview, I thought it would work because it would be quiet but you are allowed talk in these rooms. I can hear the girl outside in the main library crack her joints, if I can hear this she will be able to hear my interview going on. It's too late to relocate. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Every female voice I hear on Red FM seem have the same issue saying "s", it's like a pesudo lisp type thing, it's almost as if it comes about from putting the voice on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Oldish well to do men trying so hard to be suave. Your old, get over it.

Can you not be old(ish) and suave?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

When out running on normal width footpaths that fit 2-3 people easily and people dramatically step out onto the road when they see me coming towards em. I'm not going to run you over, I'm size 8-10 we can both comfortably pass each other with plenty of room!

Tradesmen who think it's great craic to honk as I pass them in the mornings. A girl running in a vest and shorts in warm weather, get over yerselves lads !

People who speak for the sake of making noise.
    If you have nothing interesting to say then shut it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Tradesmen who think it's great craic to honk as I pass them in the mornings. A girl running in a vest and shorts in warm weather, get over yerselves lads !

maybe it is great craic to them.

arayess wrote: »
    maybe it is great craic to them.

I'm sure it's mighty #banter. However for me it can be intimidating.

I'm sure it's mighty #banter. However for me it can be intimidating.

I never understand why they do it. Is it in hope that you will be so overwhelmed by the complimentary honk that you go over to them and be all friendly like?
    :confused:

I never understand why they do it. Is it in hope that you will be so overwhelmed by the complimentary honk that you go over to them and be all friendly like?

Exactly, I have no idea what they're hoping to achieve! Sure I must be out flaunting my wares dying for some flattering hoots from the fellas?? *flutters eyelashes*
    No way I'm marathon training or anything mental like that! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The only reason I do it is so she'll come over to them and be all friendly-like.

(Okay, I don't do it, in part because I don't drive.]

I'm trivially annoyed that I don't get the opportunity to do this because of the fact that I don't drive. I mean...my bike doesn't even have a bell!

The only reason I do it is so she'll come over to them and be all friendly-like.

(Okay, I don't do it, in part because I don't drive.]

I'm trivially annoyed that I don't get the opportunity to do this because of the fact that I don't drive. I mean...my bike doesn't even have a bell!

Haha time to invest in a bell! That might even be quite endearing if done right.. ding-a-ling.

• Advertisement

When out running on normal width footpaths that fit 2-3 people easily and people dramatically step out onto the road when they see me coming towards em. I'm not going to run you over, I'm size 8-10 we can both comfortably pass each other with plenty of room!

Waiting for their chance to enter the tradesman's entrance.

Ahem.

Not just tradesmen mind.....

I was out running last week, wearing short shorts, pissings of rain...I was beeped at a few times, shouted at that I'd a fine arse, and asked for my number :confused:

What in the fcuk like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I was out running last week, wearing short shorts, pissings of rain...I was beeped at a few times, shouted at that I'd a fine arse, and asked for my number :confused:

What in the fcuk like?
    thinly veiled 'I've a fine arse' :P

Thinly veiled 'I've a phone'.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Thinly veiled 'I've a phone'.:mad:
    now I'm lost :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

If you had a phone with GPS you wouldn't be :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, my post does not make much sense unless you know that my phone has died. Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Flippin' sinuses are blocked up (I think it's them anyway at the back of my nose), it's not a big deal anyway but I think it's what's causing me to snore lately (like not just quietly snore, but shake the room snore apparently), but worse are people that blow things out of proportion, telling me I "should see a doctor immediately" and shoving the phone in front of my face telling me to "make an appointment today, come on, you're always putting things off", etc.

I'm not "putting things off", I just have more important things to be doing, well, more important things from my perspective at least. Geez I'd be a full blown hypochondriac if I went to the doc every time I'd something bother me. I'll get some sinus stuff in boots later on, problem solved.

Just in one of those moods today for some reason :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What in the fcuk like?

Creeps gonna creep :mad:

There are damn good practical reasons for wearing short shorts when running in summer wet conditions, nobody likes having a load of wet material close to their skin. It isn't a fcuking invitation to every meathead out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There are damn good practical reasons for wearing short shorts when running in summer wet conditions, nobody likes having a load of wet material close to their skin. It isn't a fcuking invitation to every meathead out there.

There will come a time when things will change from "Oooh hellya, dat azzz!" to "Ah sure look at the poor craytur going around with her arse hanging out, godelpaz!". :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I do my shopping every Thursday in the same supermarket.

And every Thursday I see this woman and her husband in the shop. The woman has been wearing the same outfit every week for around a year.
    You might ask how I know this. Well I just do.

Every week. Grey hoodie, black tracksuit bottoms badly frayed and too long so she's actually standing on the ends.
    The husband seems to change his outfit but she doesn't.

And it annoys me because if I, a stranger, have noticed it, who else has?

She is quite a large woman and I have absolutely no problem with her being overweight..and perhaps she finds it hard to find clothes, but c'mon, the same outfit on the same day every week?
    Would you not be mortified?

There are plenty of places you can find plus-size clothing; I know for a fact Tesco's F&F website sells them, as does New Look, Debenhams, Evans, Forever 21, etc.

I just don't see why she has to wear the same outfit every week!
    Who knows, she probably wears it every day...if she wears it every Thursday then there's every chance she wears it every day.

It's getting to the stage where, if she has her back to me, I know it's her by her outfit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Waking up from an unexpected nap and feeling very cold, shaky and confused.
    It's a horrible feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

razorblunt wrote: »
    it's almost as if it comes about from putting the voice on.

There's no almost about it, they are faking it. It's like the muppets on RTE who say "AR Tee Eeee." or "The Gorrdee." Fúcking saps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ah skittles I posted the opposite (the pavement jumpers not the drivers, I'd be delighted with a beep!), where they see you and refuse to move, meaning you have to go onto the round. Worst of all it happens when they are walking towards the traffic so they see whats coming behind you.

Nothing thinly about it. I have a fantastic arse :D

Uh huh, I don't mind the looks and even the winks, but actual heckling (never the bad kind though which I'm very glad of) makes me run faster goddamit and I'm supposed to be running slow :pac:

People.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I'm super tired and just want to sit on the couch for a few minutes, but my cat really wants to play and won't leave me alone. I don't have the energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What in the fcuk like?
    You'll be back on here the day the attention dries up :P

You'll be back on here the day the attention dries up :P

I should be posting in the reasons to be cheerful thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Really shouldn't have gone for that unhealthy option for lunch today, knowing Friday is my pig-out lunch day anyway.
    Feel crap and tired after eating bad food!!
    Hopefully a run tonight will sweat the badness out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My nails. They're so weak recently :( One nail broke and I pulled it off but I went too far down so now it kills me every time I touch it. Another nail is broken, also too far down and I'm dreading when it falls off.

Worst of all though, I've bruised my big toenail and omg the pain. I lost that nail a few years ago after bruising it so I'm guessing that's going to happen again :( sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

dubscottie wrote: »
    People are still using MicroSoft?

But it certainly beats being a fashion victim for Apple.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I am so annoyed with myself that I can't stop eating lately. I've been doing so well with weightwatchers for the last year and a half and the past few weeks have been dreadful, I can't stop eating rubbish and I know that I'm going to put on the weight again if I don't stop but then I just reach for the chocolate again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Flippin' sinuses are blocked up (I think it's them anyway at the back of my nose), it's not a big deal anyway but I think it's what's causing me to snore lately (like not just quietly snore, but shake the room snore apparently), but worse are people that blow things out of proportion, telling me I "should see a doctor immediately" and shoving the phone in front of my face telling me to "make an appointment today, come on, you're always putting things off", etc :(

Quies foam earplugs will be your friends....or rather for everyone around you until you get those sinuses cleared. Best ear plugs I ever found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

..I was out running last week, wearing short shorts, pissings of rain...I was beeped at a few times, shouted at that I'd a fine arse..

Well that certainly grabbed my attention
    Nothing thinly about it. I have a fantastic arse :D

And now I am seriously intrigued.

Look Whoopsie, in order to verify the veracity of your claims. I think it is only appropriate that somebody can confirm it. So on behalf of the fellow male Boardsies here, I would like to nominate myself to act as an adjudicator in this process. So in your own good time, you can PM me some photos highlighting your physical talents. This will then enable me to make a firm ruling on the matter.

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I am so annoyed with myself that I can't stop eating lately. I've been doing so well with weightwatchers for the last year and a half and the past few weeks have been dreadful, I can't stop eating rubbish and I know that I'm going to put on the weight again if I don't stop but then I just reach for the chocolate again :mad:

Don't think long term just til you get back on track. Break your day into three parts. Morning, afternoon, evening. At least if you're healthy two out of three of those of the day you can't write off the entire day. If you have chocolate in the afternoon, you still have a chance to be healthy the rest of the day.

It does work if you break things down into smaller parts :)

Ungrateful people. Got someone a dinner yesterday and all they could do was complain about how disgusting it was. No thanks for even thinking of them. This same person only ever comes to the house for food and wouldn't dream of saying once that they would pay. Hate that in people.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Drying my daughters hair. No matter what conditioner or untangler or what have you, its always like Worzel Gummidge.
    Trying to brush is leads to an argument, blow drying leads to an argument. Then out of nowhere, out of the blue, it just seems to untangle itself.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Drying my daughters hair. No matter what conditioner or untangler or what have you, its always like Worzel Gummidge.
    Trying to brush is leads to an argument, blow drying leads to an argument. Then out of nowhere, out of the blue, it just seems to untangle itself.

It untangles easier when dryer!

Science. Bitches.

Ok I'll stop finding positive answers to your annoyances now else I'll be on the list....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA that there's a channel 4 show on tonight called dogs on the dole, who thinks of crap like this?

All I can think of now is my little terrier trotting up to get his jobseekers :-D

• Advertisement

Robsweezie wrote:
    All I can think of now is my little terrier trotting up to get his jobseekers :-D

Hehe 😀

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement