Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

I don't always keep regular tabs on this thread. But hands down, it has to be one of the best threads on Boards.ie.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA that there's a channel 4 show on tonight called dogs on the dole, who thinks of crap like this?

All I can think of now is my little terrier trotting up to get his jobseekers :-D

I always watch those 'Skint' shows, where they are given free houses and they complain about everything surrounded by growing stacks of McDonald's clutter and xport lager mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The Spanish students on the bus are driving me crazy. They are like a flock of starlings all SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF THEIR VOICES.

Are they deaf or what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

The Spanish students on the bus are driving me crazy. They are like a flock of starlings all SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF THEIR VOICES.

Are they deaf or what.

No, stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA that there's a channel 4 show on tonight called dogs on the dole, who thinks of crap like this?

All I can think of now is my little terrier trotting up to get his jobseekers :-D

It's a dogumentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Ironing... two hours I will never get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

When driving and you either pull in on a narrow road to let a car coming against you pass or when you let someone pull out of a junction when driving through a town and in both cases they don't acknowledge your gesture.

Might be trivial to some of ye but bloody hell it really annoys me :mad:

it is usually followed by a split second image in my mind of me enacting my revenge Mad Max style!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

People sharing gore on Facebook without a second thought as to whether other people would actually want to see it. I certainly don't.

People eating sloppy foods like mayo in sandwiches and it goes all over their mouth. I generally don't like eating in other people's company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I just really want to be a good barista. I can do all the coffees, it's my favourite part of the job, but I just cannot do latte art and it's driving me insane. I want to bring customers rosettas and love hearts and bears and leaves on top of lattes. But all I can manage is a circle :( Grrrrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I just really want to be a good barista. I can do all the coffees, it's my favourite part of the job, but I just cannot do latte art and it's driving me insane. I want to bring customers rosettas and love hearts and bears and leaves on top of lattes. But all I can manage is a circle :( Grrrrrrr!

Why not buy some stencils? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Ironing... two hours I will never get back.

Will you marry me?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Why not buy some stencils? :)

excellent idea actually :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Close your mouth while you are eating please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

When people have the name of a fictional character as their Facebook /online name but they spell it incorrectly. Maddening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Microsoft Windows and it's constant need to shut down and install updates!! seems like its every 2-3 days now!!

(I'm home based, so usually just leave the work computer on all the time, which makes it a pain in the a$$ to do shut downs as I'd usually have loads of various spread sheets/documents open, and have to save everything!)

How about just building a secure OS to begin with!
    (and as I type this (on my mac), I just see the shutting down page with a spinning circle on my windows monitor, and it's not shutting down!! been like that for 10 minutes now!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Cnuts drinking coffee in the Luas. There, I've said it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Microsoft Windows and it's constant need to shut down and install updates!! seems like its every 2-3 days now!!

(I'm home based, so usually just leave the work computer on all the time, which makes it a pain in the a$$ to do shut downs as I'd usually have loads of various spread sheets/documents open, and have to save everything!)

How about just building a secure OS to begin with!
    (and as I type this (on my mac), I just see the shutting down page with a spinning circle on my windows monitor, and it's not shutting down!! been like that for 10 minutes now!!)

Turn off auto updates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Turn off auto updates!

I can't, I don't have access to allow it, as I work for a company that have over 100,000+ users, our IT get a hold of them first and lock out certain control panel functions.
    The same way when they have new software to install, we don't get a say, it just installs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I couldn't decide between crackers and cheese or a sandwich so I had both.

Now I feel really sick. I also had around 5 bowls of crunchy nut cornflakes :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I made the perfect cup of tea but it's slightly too cool :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Hate when that happens :(

My husband microwaves tea that's a bit too cool, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

^ Hate when that happens :(

My husband microwaves tea that's a bit too cool, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Disgusting.

Still no car. Brought in for service on Tuesday, and it's still not ready. Hopefully it'll be ready today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When salad goes brown and slimy.

I'm sick buying bags of mixed leaves, say on a Thursday, and opening the bag the next day to make a sandwich or salad.

Then I might not want salad on Saturday or Sunday, but when I go to the fridge on Monday, it's looking moist and unappetising.

And most supermarkets have a habit of offering two bags of salad for the price of one or heavily discounted.
    Who the hell eats all the salad before it goes out of date?
    You don't want salad every fcuking day!!

Why can't they invent some kind of salad that doesn't go off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

On the subject of tea, I've pretty much given up taking a cup of tea from anyone. Because whenever they ask how I like it, I'll always say "Two sugars and some milk, I don't like it scalding hot."

But what usually arrives is a cup of tea that no human hand can hold, without you requiring skin grafts to surgically repair the third degree burns.

Now I don't know what part of "I don't like it scalding hot" is difficult to understand, but for most people it appears I must be talking in Cantonese.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Deodorant not drying quick enough.

I applied some deodorant (I've always used roll-ons; don't like sprays) and I'm in a rush to go out.
    I'm sitting here wearing an old T-shirt, with my arms at 90 degrees, trying to air-dry them, but they're still wet.
    I hate putting on my top when my armpits are wet; feels icky.

Also, fruit flies.
    I know it's summer and they're to be expected, but I have uncontrollable rage when I see them.

My fruit bowl, which is teeming with apples, oranges, bananas, pears and lemons, is on the counter and I've covered it with a mesh lid cover...you know the types you can place over plates to protect salads and stuff from flies...and the fruit flies are still hovering around the area.

I have my berries in the fridge and each time I open the fridge, I'm doing it really quickly so one won't fly in.
    They don't seem to bother anyone else as much as they bother me.

It's bloody annoying me something terrible.
    I hate them.

And you can never catch them. You see them flying about all day and at night, when you've the lamps on, the blinds down and you're watching telly, they'll HOVER AROUND YOU and generally annoy you.
    Don't get me started on them landing in my wine either.

KILL THEM ALL.

Got a massive box for new coffee mug and when opened its a mini one!! The box is a foot tall.

False promise with box:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

Are they deaf or what.

Spanish Eyes is complaining about Spanish students and my irony detector has gone into overdrive.:pac:

fussyonion wrote: »

Me :o

I use it for smoothies and lunch though!

I'm trivially annoyed that my coach is not following through on a goal they set themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I sometime finish the salad before I get home from the shipping. Then I get trivially annoyed that I have no salad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

eternal wrote: »
    Got a massive box for new coffee mug and when opened its a mini one!! The box is a foot tall.

Nice mug though , enjoy the first cup of coffee from it :)

TA , now I want a new coffee mug also .

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

People who constantly slag off other people when they're trying to make themselves feel/look better.

There's one guy on my facebook who constantly posts things like "I hate when girls put up before and after pictures...yis haven't lost any weight!" or "Those ‪#‎dontjudgeme‬ selfie videos.......P!SS OFF will ya!? yis are bet down before AND after!".

He's nearly 30....

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Nice mug though , enjoy the first cup of coffee from it :)

TA , now I want a new coffee mug also .

Rossa stuff is my favourite. It's half the size of my last one though and cost 24 euros!!! Waaaaaa. I will enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

On the subject of tea, I've pretty much given up taking a cup of tea from anyone. Because whenever they ask how I like it, I'll always say "Two sugars and some milk, I don't like it scalding hot."

But what usually arrives is a cup of tea that no human hand can hold, without you requiring skin grafts to surgically repair the third degree burns.

Now I don't know what part of "I don't like it scalding hot" is difficult to understand, but for most people it appears I must be talking in Cantonese.:(

You wouldn't mind the tea that I make then, since apparently it just tastes like milky sugar, no danger of scalding yourself there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Just over on the "Best joke you ever heard" thread.

There is a joke with the line "and begob says Paddy"

Seriously, does anybody know anyone who actually says begob?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

eisenberg1 wrote: »

You?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I sometime finish the salad before I get home from the shipping. Then I get trivially annoyed that I have no salad.

Buy two lots the next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

We take our refuse and recyling to the local bring centre every few weeks. Far cheaper than having a bin service.

Doesn't matter what time I go - morning, lunchtime, afternoon - there's always some old fella with a trailer full of stuff you can't bring arguing about it, thus delaying me.

I am going later this afternoon so I have no doubt I'll be seeing him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Begob , I don't know anyone anyway, musha :)

I'm annoyed that I'm not going to Ed Sheeran. I'm not a major fan so I'm not gutted, but still. When the tickets went on sale I knew I'd have no one to mind the little one, so I didn't even bother trying to get one. The OH's van broke down yesterday so now he is not gone away for the weekend after all. I could have gone, always the way :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I drink very light tea, literally just dip the teabag in and back out again, most people don't like it like that, but its how I drink mine. then when in someones house and im offered tea, I say yes please, I like it very light, I always get very strong tea, along with I couldn't hand you a cup of tea like that, its looks awful ( granted it prob does, but that's how I like to drink it) now easier to say no thanks to tea when in someone else house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

fussyonion wrote: »
    When salad goes brown and slimy.

I'm sick buying bags of mixed leaves, say on a Thursday, and opening the bag the next day to make a sandwich or salad.

Then I might not want salad on Saturday or Sunday, but when I go to the fridge on Monday, it's looking moist and unappetising.

And most supermarkets have a habit of offering two bags of salad for the price of one or heavily discounted.
    You don't want salad every fcuking day!!

Why can't they invent some kind of salad that doesn't go off.

Sounds like a positive for genetically modified crops to me, eh??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Clickbaity headlines on Facebook etc. Can you not just tell me what the article is about?! So many times the headline sounds interesting and it links to a 2 page article about nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

When you walk out to your shed avoiding dog sh1t like land mines
    .........only to find yourself wondering where the smell of dog sh1t in your house is coming from few minutes later!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Ugh! Every time I am picking out something nice to wear I come across this dark grey top, it always shows up when I'm looking for something else. I usually hum and haw over it for a minute or two and think "na, I might wear it next time." Today I actually wanted to wear it and I couldn't find the f*cking thing! I searched everywhere and it's as if it has disappeared off the face of the earth! Annoying as f*ck! No doubt it will turn up the next time I'm not looking for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

messrs wrote: »
    I drink very light tea, literally just dip the teabag in and back out again, most people don't like it like that, but its how I drink mine. then when in someones house and im offered tea, I say yes please, I like it very light, I always get very strong tea, along with I couldn't hand you a cup of tea like that, its looks awful ( granted it prob does, but that's how I like to drink it) now easier to say no thanks to tea when in someone else house

Yes !!! That's how I drink tea if I have to have tea ! So weak you can see the bottom of the mug :)

I've done my hair and make up, I feel good, and I get to do this. Grim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I've done my hair and make up, I feel good, and I get to do this. Grim.
    That's the best part! chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop. if you don't enjoy it sharpen your knife and chop some more! I should've been a professional chopper I love chopping so much

That's the best part! chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop. if you don't enjoy it sharpen your knife and chop some more! I should've been a professional chopper I love chopping so much

Jaysus come here and do it for me!

I'm playing Mario kart now so I can't complain :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

People who use "cops" instead of gardai/ guards/ police....ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who use "cops" instead of gardai/ guards/ police....ridiculous

It's the five O, or the fuzz:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement