Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    It's the five O, or the fuzz:D

The Po Po or the Po-lice!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭techteacher

nosey neighbours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

Now I don't know what part of "I don't like it scalding hot" is difficult to understand, but for most people it appears I must be talking in Cantonese.:(

Reminds me of my Sister-in-Law. I'll tell her I want lots of milk, but I usually end up having to leave it for 20 minutes, before it's cool enough to drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

When you try to stand up after sitting or lying down and your legs aren't ready to stand. Happened to me twice today. I had a nap on a hammock which was on a tiny slope and I was quite disorientated. I stumbled forward and I think I stubbed my toes but I was too disorientated to feel anything. The second time I just rocked back into my chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Being told I'm too young to like certain singers/types of songs. I'm fairly certain I can decide what music I like myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

KatW4 wrote: »
    Being told I'm too young to like certain singers/types of songs. I'm fairly certain I can decide what music I like myself.

Daniel o donnell :eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

F 'em, Kat! You like what you like. There's no shame in that.

Daniel o donnell

Hey now... my music taste may be questionable but I wouldn't stoop that low ;) hahaha

F 'em, Kat! You like what you like. There's no shame in that.

Thank you, I will :D I'm pretty used to it. I've had it all my life because Busted happen to be my favourite band ever and apparently that's embarrassing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

These feckin ads for foot products that show people removing hard skin
    from their feet. I mean FFS. How disgusting is that?

I just can't eat grated cheese anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

gammygils wrote: »

the ol' Ped egg grates cheese nice and finely. all extra flavor. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

scdublin wrote: »
    People who constantly slag off other people when they're trying to make themselves feel/look better.

There's one guy on my facebook who constantly posts things like "I hate when girls put up before and after pictures...yis haven't lost any weight!" or "Those ‪#‎dontjudgeme‬ selfie videos.......P!SS OFF will ya!? yis are bet down before AND after!".

He's nearly 30....

This guy wouldn't happen to be single by any chance? Perhaps chronically so?

gammygils wrote:
    These feckin ads for foot products that show people removing hard skin from their feet. I mean FFS. How disgusting is that?

gammygils wrote:

Omg the most disgusting thing ever! Gross!!! I hate seeing these ads. I have to turn them off every single time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

My trivial annoyance: the head on me this morning lads. A great night was had but holy Christ the state of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Crumpets wrote: »
    My trivial annoyance: the head on me this morning lads. A great night was had but holy Christ the state of me!

I am in the same boat. But am going to get myself out of the Scrather and to the local cafe for a full irish.
    That will sort me!
    Wont it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

nosey neighbours

Really? What did you see them doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Thank you, I will :D I'm pretty used to it. I've had it all my life because Busted happen to be my favourite band ever and apparently that's embarrassing!

I took my eldest to see Busted in 2004, they were brilliant !! You like who you like and feck everybody after that! Reminds me of the time I told someone I'd recently been to a Maroon 5 gig, and they looked at me full of pity, and asked me why. Eh, because I wanted to, for God's sake !! I'd be pleased to hear someone had gotten to see a gig, not questioning their taste in music. Some people :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

trying to get a taxi home from town last night, no taxis to be seen, waiting over an hour, hopped on a bus out of town and got a taxi from there.

the amount of taxis in Dublin and they must have all been at Croke Park grrrrrr

TA that my favorite thread, the interview one, is dying a sad death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

When you walk out to your shed avoiding dog sh1t like land mines
    .........only to find yourself wondering where the smell of dog sh1t in your house is coming from few minutes later!!!!

It's easier to just clean it up outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    TA that my favorite thread, the interview one, is dying a sad death.
    Really? :p

Colser wrote: »
    Really? :p

Oh....er....second favourite thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

people who use every type of situation to big themselves up at the expense of others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I just clicked on 'restart now' instead of 'in 4 hours' by accident. Currently installing update 14 of 38, that's going to be a long wait. Meh, I just quickly wanted to check something on my laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

The trivago tv ads are a real pain in the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The trivago tv ads are a real pain in the hole.

It's that fcuking dog, isn't it?

Reminds me of when I was in primary school and the health nurse used call to check our hearing. She'd pull my ears and scream "BA! BA!" into each ear, and if I wasn't deaf before...

Same as that dog with the "BOOK! BOOK!" :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

People on social media referring to a place or a country as a "beaut", ie "London, you beaut". Does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

One of my neighbours had a top hanging on the line today with one sleeve all scrunched up! Have been itching to fix it all day. It will never dry like that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Packets of sauces ect. that say "Serves Two" and theres not even enough for one person inside in them:mad:
    Also things that say "Pull Here" to open eg rashers..if I was trying all night I couldnt open them:mad:
    Trying to pull the plastic ring off the top of the milk and nearly losing a nail:mad:
    Theres a lot to be said for a takeaway....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Blu ray boxes, midgit feckin boxes that are too small to go in the DvD stand.

It's an outrage I tells ya!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭Cody montana

People who "Whoop" on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when you get a smoothie and it's more ice than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Whenever I play tennis with my friends, I get so irritated whenever they throw the ball over the net and it barely goes over. I end up having to run halfway across the court, pick it up and run back. It is just a waste of time, and it's not that hard to aim and hit it hard enough. I know I have done it before, but at least I apologise and I try not to do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Packaging. Full stop.

Sometimes you would need a hedge cutter to open it.

So ALWAYS have a scissors in the kitchen, or your nails are toast.

yep packaging can wreck your head and your nails.....

And the green bin is full of it too. WTF.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

VHI add saying I was getting 3/4 hours of broken sleep. fUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUc=k off Rozz, that's good night here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

A line of buddies sitting at the bar in a busy pub on a Saturday night.

73Cat wrote:
    I took my eldest to see Busted in 2004, they were brilliant !! You like who you like and feck everybody after that! Reminds me of the time I told someone I'd recently been to a Maroon 5 gig, and they looked at me full of pity, and asked me why. Eh, because I wanted to, for God's sake !! I'd be pleased to hear someone had gotten to see a gig, not questioning their taste in music. Some people

Yay Busted love. I get unbelievably slagged over it but they are amazing! I agree with you, once a person enjoys the music, who cares who it is!

Home from Ed Sheeran and I have many many trivial annoyances!

People who smoke in large crowds where everyone is close together. Disgusting.

People who yell rude comments at the support acts just because they've never heard of them before. Have some manners you ignorant git.

The annoying girl in front of me who wore a hat and kept taking it off and smacking me in the face with it. She couldn't even keep the thing on her head for 5 minutes.

There was an idiot behind me who kept kicking my ankles and pinching my boyfriend's ass. I don't understand why people don't keep their hands to themselves at public events.

Walking away from Croke Park nearly had me carted off to prison for murder. People practically walking on top of me to get to where they wanted. Drunken idiots everywhere.

And the one thing that annoys me more than anything on this planet and sends me into fits of rage.... people who stop in the middle of the street in big groups to have a chat/decide where they are going/look for their friends. GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still had a great time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Restless legs. All I do is complain about it. I'm so so fed up, I've tried everything.

I just cannot sleep. I don't know if it's a pregnancy thing but I've rarely had it before. Now it's every night, and in the car sometimes.

I'm really struggling now. It's absolutely infuriating. I feel like I'm going to go completely psychotic and stab myself in the calves repeatedly :o

• Advertisement

Rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

My TA is the inexplicable popularity of Ed fekken Sheeran.

I could just about understand him getting a decent crowd in the Olympia but selling out multiple nights in Croker and Wembley?!?!!??!? Wtf am I missing???

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Dunford

people eating food really loud. it really pushes me towards the edge violence. its digusting.

and people not picking up their adorable, little, dirty filthy dogs crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Christmas films on TV in July.

Why?! I don't have any presents or pringles to open.

Fking tease!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Christmas films on TV in July.

Why?! I don't have any presents or pringles to open.

Fking tease![/quote

Couldn't believe it when I saw Scrooged was on channel 4 Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

gammygils wrote: »

Totally disgusting alright and I thought it was just me, glad to see I'm not alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A line of buddies sitting at the bar in a busy pub on a Saturday night.

I think it's called - desperation advertising...:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think it's called - desperation advertising...:pac:

Are their arses hanging out of their Wranglers?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

The signs at every Luas stop:

Be a nice human...

Give a pregnant woman your seat.

Now it's not the sign per se that bugs me so much as the need for it.
    I'm not ancient, so it can't have been all that long ago that nobody would have put up signs to 'inform' or shame people into doing the right thing, it was just assumed that enough people on public transport had been instilled with sufficient manners for such signage to be unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

conorhal wrote: »
    The signs at every Luas stop:

Be a nice human...

Give a pregnant woman your seat.

Now it's not the sign per se that bugs me so much as the need for it.
    I'm not ancient, so it can't have been all that long ago that nobody would have put up signs to 'inform' or shame people into doing the right thing, it was just assumed that enough people on public transport had been instilled with sufficient manners for such signage to be unnecessary.

You should go into a maternity hospital waiting area and see the amount of very heavily pregnant women standing while non pregnant people occupy the seats. Watched a midwife read the riot act to these seat hoggers one time. It was joyful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I live on an old estate and the road is very narrow. So basically there is only one side of the road to drive on, and parked cars, as very few houses have a driveway. There are two bends as well and you can't see past the parked cars to know if someone is heading towards you. I'm sick to death of meeting someone head on, and having to reverse back out of their way, or having to pull into one of the cul de sacs so someone can pass when I'm coming up from the bottom end of the estate :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement