Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Restless legs. All I do is complain about it. I'm so so fed up, I've tried everything.

I just cannot sleep. I don't know if it's a pregnancy thing but I've rarely had it before. Now it's every night, and in the car sometimes.

I'm really struggling now. It's absolutely infuriating. I feel like I'm going to go completely psychotic and stab myself in the calves repeatedly :o
    Bananas and tonic water

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

House hunting again :(

Anything that's nice and liveable are outside my budget :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

What is the point of captcha??
    When will it stop??
    Who decided they could do this??
    I really hate to play the dyslexic card, but... I HAVE DYSLEXIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about old people? They're dying and they don't need this shit either.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if captcha has killed somebody by now. I'm serious. Do the sums.

I curse the fcuker who ever thought it would be a good idea to throw a bunch of ineligible letters and numbers about a small box and then ask us to tell it what it is that we see.. and all to supposedly see if we're human or not?? Jesus, it's my humanness which is making it difficult ffs!! If I was a bot it'd be easy, that's the problem!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The start of American TV shows.

Previously on XXX, & then proceed to do a 5 minute montage of flashback clips.

Are they catering for the memory of a goldfish audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

And once the montage is completed, we then go straight to the ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Blu ray boxes, midgit feckin boxes that are too small to go in the DvD stand.

It's an outrage I tells ya!!!
    The blue looks a bit tacky too, but the Criterion blu-rays are feckin' gorgeous.

http://images.static-bluray.com/htgallery/78888_full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote: »
    I live on an old estate and the road is very narrow. So basically there is only one side of the road to drive on, and parked cars, as very few houses have a driveway. There are two bends as well and you can't see past the parked cars to know if someone is heading towards you. I'm sick to death of meeting someone head on, and having to reverse back out of their way, or having to pull into one of the cul de sacs so someone can pass when I'm coming up from the bottom end of the estate :(
    Fuk them..sit in the car and wait for them to back up!! I do this all the time..no way am I going to scratch my new wheels(plus Im a disaster at reversing but they dont need to know that;))

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    The start of American TV shows.

Are they catering for the memory of a goldfish audience.

Shameless USA: 'Where da fck were you last week? If you hadn't been so fcking busy, you'd have seen this.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

Premature ejaculation.

Awkward silences...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I ate so much, I actually can't move :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

KatW4 wrote: »
    I ate so much, I actually can't move :(

Me too. I'll have to lug all that around with me tomorrow. :o

When you know you should stop drinking but you dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

That Denny sausages ad that bloody song does my head in and another thing while im at it their sausages are fcukn horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The wall to wall sport on RTE on Saturday and Sunday afternoons wrecks my head.

Not everyone likes sport. WTF. Alternatives are hard to come by, Newstalk is the same. Can't stand the jock stations where the presenter is more important than the Choones. And they TALK TOO MUCH.

You can tell I am TA'd.

So it's podcast time, but I like live radio, just GIMME A CHOICE!

Oh and while I'm on a rant, the amount of ads on RTE Player is so annoying. You could go and make a cup of tea, two slices of toast, butter the toast, sit down, and the ads will still be going.

Same for C4 catchup.

Someone must know a way of blocking them out. I haven't found it yet.

What is the point of captcha??
    When will it stop??
    Who decided they could do this??
    I really hate to play the dyslexic card, but... I HAVE DYSLEXIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about old people? They're dying and they don't need this shit either.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if captcha has killed somebody by now. I'm serious. Do the sums.

I curse the fcuker who ever thought it would be a good idea to throw a bunch of ineligible letters and numbers about a small box and then ask us to tell it what it is that we see.. and all to supposedly see if we're human or not?? Jesus, it's my humanness which is making it difficult ffs!! If I was a bot it'd be easy, that's the problem!!

I feel your pain, and it is a pain.

They should just ask a you to add 1 + 1 and enter the answer.

So much easier than looking at drunken letters that don't make any sense. I've had to refresh that so many times, I felt like a Captcha meself.

OOOOOPS three posts in a row. I'm going to the leaba now, so ye're all safe for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When people don't make wide turns when walking around corners, especially in corridors, meaning they're walking into people who also didn't take the initiative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Trivially annoyed that the DVD-RW drive on my desktop has decided that it doesn't want to read game discs anymore, necessitating the purchase of an external DVD drive. I knew it had to happen eventually but FFS, the damn thing still lets me play audio CDs and even rips the music if I so choose. But to actually read a game disc, let alone let me install the damn game? COMPUTER SAYS NOOOO.
    Urgh. I normally wouldn't mind but this has come at a time when I really don't have the cash to splash. Typical. :mad:
    Also, my right foot hasn't stopped aching in a month. I'm sure I have some kind of arch damage but I've no idea if I'm covered to see a chiropodist about it. So, yar- bodily aches and computer troubles.
    What else is new? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Buy a dvd rom lens cleaning disk kit ,
    2 euro in dealz or 2euro shop .
    IT may be the dvd rw lens is slightly dirty .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

riclad wrote: »
    Buy a dvd rom lens cleaning disk kit ,
    2 euro in dealz or 2euro shop .
    IT may be the dvd rw lens is slightly dirty .
    I will try that, riclad, but this has been an ongoing problem for a while.
    Still, anything's worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I'm an idiot,
    I decided to buy a bike cos we don't have a second car and everyone here in Munich cycles. I haven't ridden a bike in 20 yrs. there is a reason for this!
    We decided to just go to the park, and our sons new trailer thing would only attach to my bike. So the incredibly unfit me thought that cycling for 2 hrs hauling 30kg was a good idea.

My ass is killing me but crap my knees! I couldn't sleep last night coz of the pain. Can barely walk today.
    Stupid me promised hubby I'd cycle everywhere....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    When you know you should stop drinking but you dont.

I am going to hazard a guess that your TA today is 'Hangover'?:)

Menas wrote: »
    I am going to hazard a guess that your TA today is 'Hangover'?:)
    It should be but Im fine(so far)..Never happy of course because now Im wondering why Im feeling alright:pac:
    My TA is that Im on 2 weeks hols from work and Im not heading off anywhere,I know I should cancel a few days because they will be kinda wasted but I know if I do that I will be like the antichrist when my alarm goes off on the morns that I could have stayed in bed(if that makes sence)..I just cant make that call:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Fuk them..sit in the car and wait for them to back up!! I do this all the time..no way am I going to scratch my new wheels(plus Im a disaster at reversing but they dont need to know that;))

Haha! I will only reverse if they have right of way, which is most of the time unfortunately, when I come in from the top end. I hate reversing, my brains go to mush at times. It's not natural to be driving backwards, for feck sake :)

• Advertisement

Haha! I will only reverse if they have right of way, which is most of the time unfortunately, when I come in from the top end. I hate reversing, my brains go to mush at times. It's not natural to be driving backwards, for feck sake :)
    I agree..I remember dreading the driving test mainly because of the bit where you have to reverse back around a corner. On top of the fact that its a brain musher I have it drilled into me not to scratch the wheels off the kerbs,its like a double pressure and it hugely TAs me:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My annoyance this morning is that I have a splinter in my finger.
    A teeny tiny one that I cant get out.
    And I am at work...have no tweezers or savlon. I wonder would one of the Ladies that work here have a tweezers that they may lend me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ah skittles I posted the opposite (the pavement jumpers not the drivers, I'd be delighted with a beep!), where they see you and refuse to move, meaning you have to go onto the round. Worst of all it happens when they are walking towards the traffic so they see whats coming behind you.

Ahh ya this annoys me too and is much more dangerous than my TA. Lack of footpath etiquette in general.

Oh and ...*beep beep* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Ads for toothpaste. Why don't they use toothpaste in ads for toothpaste? Also, why isn't it teethpaste instead of toothpaste?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Buses. It's like a sauna, I'm sweating, my legs are too long and my knees are in bits from the seat in front.

So I moved to the back but the angle is weird so I feel like I'm being pushed forward. This is really sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

It should be but Im fine(so far)..Never happy of course because now Im wondering why Im feeling alright:pac:
    My TA is that Im on 2 weeks hols from work and Im not heading off anywhere,I know I should cancel a few days because they will be kinda wasted but I know if I do that I will be like the antichrist when my alarm goes off on the morns that I could have stayed in bed(if that makes sence)..I just cant make that call:(

Oh no, don't cancel. I did that once, and never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was at a funeral earlier and couldn't help but notice, some people near the back of the church/doorway couldn't stop yapping. What kind of idiots go to a funeral and then can't shut their stupid traps. Are they there to pay respect or cause offense? Because to me it looks like the latter. The funny thing was, there was a Muslim couple sitting beside me, the woman was wearing her Hijab and I was struck by the respect and reverence they had for the ceremony. They had more sincerity than the hypocrites behind us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The bloody noise from my pc speakers when a mobile phone signal comes through, driving me spare.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I painted the outside furniture exactly a month ago today, and I haven't actually sat outside on them once because it has been raining/cold here every single day since! Seriously what the actual fudge is going on with the weather?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

On catching sight of myself in the mirror, I realise that the older I get the more I am starting to look like my elderly aunt :(. It would sting less if I liked her, ha :)

Omg I think I'm going to scream. Why can't a person close their bloody mouths when they eat. I actually think I might throw up with the noise he's making. Absolutely disgusting and a complete lack of manners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

KatW4 wrote:
    Omg I think I'm going to scream. Why can't a person close their bloody mouths when they eat. I actually think I might throw up with the noise he's making. Absolutely disgusting and a complete lack of manners.

Ugh, I watched a film at the weekend and the main character (a young woman) kept eating with her mouth open and talking while chewing! It was so distracting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

On catching sight of myself in the mirror, I realise that the older I get the more I am starting to look like my elderly aunt :(. It would sting less if I liked her, ha :)

Auntie Maggie? She's a bit of a cow alright, but good lookin ......

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

When your phone falls through a hole in your pocket. :mad:

Threw on a size 14 this morning and looked like a whale. I've become rotund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

My industrial piercing is angry and really red because I walked into a door at work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Pins and ****ing needles in my foot. Couldn't move for a good 5-10 minutes and basically had to lie still in an awkward position until it stopped. It's a horrible numbness.

I read just there that sitting awkwardly is a cause of it,....I've a bit of a habit of sitting on my foot, **** you circulation....

Heating on again:(

eternal wrote: »
    :D:D
    I was in Dunnes earlier wearing a Tshirt (and jeans eisenberg before you start:pac:) and there was a woman wearing a black dress and black opaque tights..guess who looked out of place and its July..WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

People playing the victim :mad:

Had a raspberry flake mcflurry earlier (which was yummy) but they didn't put enough raspberry syrup on it! I'm one of those people who drown their food in syrup/sauce. I might ask for extra the next time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Menas wrote: »
    My annoyance this morning is that I have a splinter in my finger.
    A teeny tiny one that I cant get out.
    And I am at work...have no tweezers or savlon. I wonder would one of the Ladies that work here have a tweezers that they may lend me.....

That reminds me....I have a small splinter on the top of my littlee finger. Noticed it yesterday but totally forgot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

micar wrote: »
    That reminds me....I have a small splinter on the top of my littlee finger. Noticed it yesterday but totally forgot.

Soak in fairly hot water and then use a sterilised sewing needle to pick it out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Feel like a killjoy for this, but when people say "Summers were so much better when I was a kid" - no they weren't, the occasional nice days just stand out in memory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement