Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

miezekatze wrote: »
    Before flu season starts, I like to stock up on supplies. Have you ever tried to buy lemsip, sudafed and some other stuff like that at the same time? Endless questions and reminders to not take them at the same time. Will probably buy things like that online next time.

And the thing is, the only ingredient in Lemsip that's helping you is paracetemol.
    If I have the flu, I'd rather take two paracetemol and have a drink of hot water, honey and lemon.
    Cheaper too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

fussyonion wrote:
    And the thing is, the only ingredient in Lemsip that's helping you is paracetemol. If I have the flu, I'd rather take two paracetemol and have a drink of hot water, honey and lemon. Cheaper too!

Yeah I know, my OH thinks it cures colds though, even though it's just painkillers and vitamin c..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

fussyonion wrote: »
    Then she'd have probably given me Feminax or something.

I felt that, no matter what was wrong with me, she was always going to get me to try something else.

I mean, I do understand why they question you because codeine is addictive, but I gave a legit reason (of course someone addicted to codeine *can* lie, too), but I don't know how I can prove what I'm saying is the truth, so in that respect, she should have just given me the bloody things, without looking at me suspiciously.

I had already told her I had tried other medication before the Nurofen Plus.

I don't see what they achieve by the question and answer thing.

For example you could have gone to two hundred chemist that same day and had the exact same conversation and bought enough neurofen plus to fill a warehouse or kill a brontosaurus.

So their little game of twenty questions wouldn't stop an addict from getting the stuff. Not to mention you can buy on line now any drug prescription or otherwise whenever you want.

Are these people sampling their own product?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The motherf*cking motherf*ck*r that tried to deliver a leaflet in my door again today.
    This time it was a 'handwritten' letter from an estate agent telling me of the millions and bazillions of people that want to buy my house.
    I opened the door and handed it back to him, wihout even looking for an explanation he said 'My Mistake'.
    The motherf*cker knew exactly what he had done. Motherf*cker.

Time to print this rant off, seal it, and post it on your front door

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Lads who act like they're in a calvin harris music video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I am sick of being such a Nervous Nelly! I get heart-poundingly, breathlessly, dizzyingly nervous over the tiniest things. I had to make an important phone call and hand in a form today - I nearly puked! Strangely enough I cope really well if there is a major crisis or high stress situation, it's just tiny things that make me a Panicking Pamela. TA'd by my weirdness!

Never mind, last time I went to the cinema I managed to order a "chocolate brown ice" and "bottle of diet coke" which confused the poor cinema person (I don't know what job title this would be) until my wife kindly clarified the order. I looked like an idiot, but well...we can't be perfect non stop.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

The expression "Full" irish breakfast. Hate it but not sure why. What's full about it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

N365 wrote: »
    The expression "Full" irish breakfast. Hate it but not sure why. What's full about it?

You are ordering the full selection of ingredients on offer. Some only have eggs and bacon and so on.

Spin off threads. Not too bad but recently there's been more and more to the point where it feels excessive. Someone will start a thread titled say " what is religion good for?" someone else will then start another thread a while later " what is religion NOT good for?" slightly altering an already existing thread title. It all seems a bit redundant. I prefer wholly original threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Right, now the Nurofen have worn off and my migraine is back.
    This is unreal.
    Looks like a trip to the doc is on the cards, but knowing my luck, if I see him tomorrow, my headache will magically disappear as soon as I get to the surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

This is unreal.
    Looks like a trip to the doc is on the cards, but knowing my luck, if I see him tomorrow, my headache will magically disappear as soon as I get to the surgery.
    The only time I suffer from headaches is when there is thundery weather...theres thunder in Dublin this evening according to the weather forum..could that be your prob?

People stirring tea or coffee endlessly.Wrecks my head. Three or four stirs should be enough. In fact there should be legislation drafted on this.

eternal wrote: »
    You are ordering the full selection of ingredients on offer. Some only have eggs and bacon and so on.

Why not just call it the irish breakfast then and assume it has all the ingredients? If you want less then ask for an irish breakfast without eggs etc etc. ( I know ,it's a strange thing to bother someone)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

N365 wrote: »
    Why not just call it the irish breakfast then and assume it has all the ingredients? If you want less then ask for an irish breakfast without eggs etc etc. ( I know ,it's a strange thing to bother someone)

It's marketing. They are trying to sell it to the tourists that it will fill them up before they leave the hotel/B&B at like 8 am talking very very loudly, off to walk a hundred miles through Ireland's pastures.

eternal wrote: »
    It's marketing. they are trying to sell it the tourists that it will fill them up before they leave the hotel/B&B at like 8 am talking very very loudly, off to walk a hundred miles through Ireland's pastures.
    It reminds me of Thin Lizzy.When Phil says "Any Irish out there? Any of the girls wanna bit more Irish in them?" His voice just does something for me..:oAnd no I dont know how that popped into my head ,must be the rashers and sausages:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Colser wrote: »
    It reminds me of Thin Lizzy.When Phil says "Any Irish out there? Any of the girls wanna bit more Irish in them?" His voice just does something for me..:oAnd no I dont know how that popped into my head ,must be the rashers and sausages:D

I think you mean the sausages ;)

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I think you mean the sausages ;)
    I think youre right:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

The gross lack of bins on public beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Lads who act like they're in a calvin harris music video.

TA that I had to Google who that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Over-eager lapdogs Mods :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Er, I've no idea. I've never had a cramp in my vagina.
    But period pains are usually very bad belly cramps.
    They can be debilitating and ibuprofen does well in reducing the inflammation causing the pain.

Having said that, Mefenamic acid-"Ponstan"-are even better for period pains and it's what a lot of women get. Only available from the doctor.
    I wouldn't use Ponstan for migraines.

I wish I had some Ponstan right now...worst period pain in ages!!!

:(

i had a dream/nightmare last night that someone i know won an award. this girl is quite big, weight wise, i dont think she's the type to acknowledge her weight and be proud of her size. i had to introduce her. so there i was on the stage, waffling away, and i conclude with '' she's a big girl with a big heart, give it up for X!'' TA that i thought it was real for a moment :0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Brain says : " Oh, this receipt is important. I'd better hold onto it. "

Hand says : " Ooh paper! Scrunch, crumple scrunch, toss. :D "

Bin says : " Allow me to perform a magic trick. I shall make this piece of paper disappear. ALAKAZAM! "

Argh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

people pressing the button at the pedestrian crossing and then crossing the road anyway without waiting for the green man, causing a red light for no reason!!

Always break that red light, not waiting for imaginary pedestrians to cross!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Colser wrote: »

Dalymount park 1977, my first grown up gig:D. He nearly had me wishing I was a girl:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

people pressing the button at the pedestrian crossing and then crossing the road anyway without waiting for the green man, causing a red light for no reason!!

Always break that red light, not waiting for imaginary pedestrians to cross!!

I always thought the button didn't actually do anything, just makes a noise. Now I'm wondering again if that's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Kev W wrote:
    I always thought the button didn't actually do anything, just makes a noise. Now I'm wondering again if that's true.

May be true at some crossings, but at a lot of them the pedestrian lights do not change unless the button is pressed. This is an almost daily annoyance of mine - idiots standing at the crossing without pressing it. So the waiting time only starts when I get there and press it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA at my own handwriting. Have not got a clue what the 'Reminders' I wrote yesterday are....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Menas wrote: »
    TA at my own handwriting. Have not got a clue what the 'Reminders' I wrote yesterday are....

They're remainders. All the leftovers from your day out and about :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mine is brutal, it looks like an ant missing legs onnone side, was dipped in ink and ran across the page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Restless legs. All I do is complain about it. I'm so so fed up, I've tried everything.

I just cannot sleep. I don't know if it's a pregnancy thing but I've rarely had it before. Now it's every night, and in the car sometimes.

I'm really struggling now. It's absolutely infuriating. I feel like I'm going to go completely psychotic and stab myself in the calves repeatedly :o

firstly this isn't a trivial annoyance:)

I had it on my first pregnancy and it was hell. every night without fail id just be walking around the apartment. and at work- half the time I wasn't at my desk. just walking around. I started taking iron and it did help. haven't had it much on this pregnancy though.

my trivial annoyance- when explaining something to someone in work and they keep saying "yeah I know". no, but ye don't know.... that's why i'm explaining it to you.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Mine is brutal, it looks like an ant missing legs onnone side, was dipped in ink and ran across the page.

I am left handed too. So add in a bit of smudging to the mix!

May be true at some crossings, but at a lot of them the pedestrian lights do not change unless the button is pressed. This is an almost daily annoyance of mine - idiots standing at the crossing without pressing it. So the waiting time only starts when I get there and press it.

there is a magic one at Mater hospital across from the Eccles Street entrance. It turns the traffic light RED immediately and you get the green to cross within about 2 seconds. Hours of fun!!!!!!........ if you have nothing else to do with your day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

firstly this isn't a trivial annoyance:)

I had it on my first pregnancy and it was hell. every night without fail id just be walking around the apartment. and at work- half the time I wasn't at my desk. just walking around. I started taking iron and it did help. haven't had it much on this pregnancy though.

my trivial annoyance- when explaining something to someone in work and they keep saying "yeah I know". no, but ye don't know.... that's why i'm explaining it to you.

Good solution - weigh yourself down more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'm reminded of the time when I used write testing software for a desktop computer manufacturer, and one of the tests was to check the "reset" button on the computer - an on-screen prompt would come up during testing to tell the person to press the reset button. I re-wrote the on-screen prompt to say "There is a bomb in the computer, do not press the reset button".

The amount of people who read the message, and still pressed the reset button, was more frightening than the funny reactions on people's faces who looked like they were struggling to know what to do! :eek:

That wasn't the worst practical joke that went wrong though - farting gas in the air con system was worse. I had no idea they actually circulated the air around the factory, so when I sprayed it in a small area, once it got into the air con system they had to evacuate the factory :o

I should have been fired at the time, I would have fired me for half the stuff I did back then! :pac:

I'm reminded of the time when I used write testing software for a desktop computer manufacturer, and one of the tests was to check the "reset" button on the computer - an on-screen prompt would come up during testing to tell the person to press the reset button. I re-wrote the on-screen prompt to say "There is a bomb in the computer, do not press the reset button".

The amount of people who read the message, and still pressed the reset button, was more frightening than the funny reactions on people's faces who looked like they were struggling to know what to do! :eek:

That wasn't the worst practical joke that went wrong though - farting gas in the air con system was worse. I had no idea they actually circulated the air around the factory, so when I sprayed it in a small area, once it got into the air con system they had to evacuate the factory :o

I should have been fired at the time, I would have fired me for half the stuff I did back then! :pac:

Reminds me a the time I sprayed a fire extinguisher(the powder one) around the canteen, and everything got covered in this white dust.
    The funny part was when the manager gathered everyone around and started asking who sprinkled salt all over the kitchen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Restless legs. All I do is complain about it. I'm so so fed up, I've tried everything.

I just cannot sleep. I don't know if it's a pregnancy thing but I've rarely had it before. Now it's every night, and in the car sometimes.

I'm really struggling now. It's absolutely infuriating. I feel like I'm going to go completely psychotic and stab myself in the calves repeatedly :o

Magnesium, Potassium, Tonic Water all help with that.
    And epsom salt in a bath before bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

A gel pen is my nemesis! Ah the woes of being left-handed :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

I hate the blinkered view on writers in this country. They need to win a Noble prize or come from a nationalist background or write for conservative middle Ireland to get recognition here. Anyone heard of successful writers like Leonard Wibberley? Exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

People never think that left handed people have to push across the page with the pen, as opposed to pulling it. That's why most left handed people I know(including me) have worse writing than righties. :o

NOS3 wrote: »
    People never think that left handed people have to push across the page with the pen, as opposed to pulling it. That's why most left handed people I know(including me) have worse writing than righties. :o

The Arabs got it right. Write from the right of the page to the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

some left handed people take the absolute piss though with their bad handwriting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Ringside at the circus, and the dancing horse stops in front of me and drops a steaming pile of sh1te. Oh good Jesus, the smell:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 c0nor

People licking food of their fingers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

This is unreal.

Sorry about your headaches, sounds terrible.

But how would the doctor KNOW that your headache is gone. Just pretend it's still there and get a HUMUNGOUS script for headache blasting drugs. No questions at the chemist!

The questions for codeine containing tabs are asked in case the Pharmaceutical Society or whatever their current moniker is, aren't "mystery shopping" at the chemist shop. One of the rules on restricting codeine is that the pharmacist should ask all these questions, designed and overseen by the Pharma Soc. QED.

A former colleague used to boast of going uuupp North and going to every chemist in Belfast for a pack in each one. No questions asked there according to her, but one pack per person only. She was mad as a brush, and was surely addicted. But a nice girl all the same.

• Advertisement

c0nor wrote: »
    People licking food of their fingers

Grrrrr..that grinds my gears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

Adults saying 'Day day' to kids and then repeating ad infinitum. What sort of a repsonse are you expecting to get from day day seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

Adults saying 'Day day' to kids and then repeating ad infinitum. What sort of a response are you expecting to get from day day seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So trivial, but here goes.

My Mam loves corned beef from the tin. So I buy some. She comes round, the key that wraps around the tin breaks after a few turns. WTF do I do now?

So, have to get the tin opener at it. Break my nail, and curse for Ireland.

Why not have an opener like a ring pull thing. Oh no, that would be far too fekkin easy.

But I have to say, corned beef from the tin is ridiculously addictive. So nice, and I'm glad for my Mam that I got her sambos sorted that she loves. Mammies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

So trivial, but here goes.

My Mam loves corned beef from the tin. So I buy some. She comes round, the key that wraps around the tin breaks after a few turns. WTF do I do now?

So, have to get the tin opener at it. Break my nail, and curse for Ireland.

Why not have an opener like a ring pull thing. Oh no, that would be far too fekkin easy.

But I have to say, corned beef from the tin is ridiculously addictive. So nice, and I'm glad for my Mam that I got her sambos sorted that she loves. Mammies.

From working on a Deli the corned beef always comes in one of those key tins so u can just plop the whole block out, If it was a ring pull the meat would get caught in the lip of the tin and ya'd have to scoop it out like dog food. Yum Yum!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement