Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

So trivial, but here goes.

My Mam loves corned beef from the tin. So I buy some. She comes round, the key that wraps around the tin breaks after a few turns. WTF do I do now?

So, have to get the tin opener at it. Break my nail, and curse for Ireland.

Why not have an opener like a ring pull thing. Oh no, that would be far too fekkin easy.

But I have to say, corned beef from the tin is ridiculously addictive. So nice, and I'm glad for my Mam that I got her sambos sorted that she loves. Mammies.

I'm hungry now for a tinned corned beef sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I'm hungry now for a tinned corned beef sandwich.

In white bread with butter and mustard. Washed down with a fine ale...yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

People being interviewed on radio etc when answering their question beginning with the word "So". Very prominent especially when business people being interviewed. Unbelievable..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

fussyonion wrote: »
    Er, I've no idea. I've never had a cramp in my vagina.
    But period pains are usually very bad belly cramps.
    They can be debilitating and ibuprofen does well in reducing the inflammation causing the pain.

Having said that, Mefenamic acid-"Ponstan"-are even better for period pains and it's what a lot of women get. Only available from the doctor.
    I wouldn't use Ponstan for migraines.

Well I buy generic brand ibuprofen. Nice to know period paid involves stomach cramps, not vaginal cramps though

some left handed people take the absolute piss though with their bad handwriting

We do it to píss off righties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Dieting drives me insane :( I really dont care about being chubby but I don't want to be the fat bridesmaid at my aunts wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Little piece of skin pulled up from next to my nail. Ouch :(

Little piece of skin pulled up from next to my nail. Ouch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Dieting drives me insane :( I really dont care about being chubby but I don't want to be the fat bridesmaid at my aunts wedding

I feel your pain, ate a doughnut today and was then tempted to eat a massive chocolate bar but managed to find some sort of willpower not to. My partner found me in the kitchen sniffing another doughnut so she took it away from me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

When you ask someone to do something in a specific way because there is a very specific and important reason that they do it that way.
    You explain it very simply and clearly and they acknowledge that they have understood the instructions and the reasoning behind it.

Then they fukc off and do it the way they want to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm away for a few days and I just realised I accidentally packed my OH's toothbrush instead of my own. :(

Seriously, wtf? 'The feels'- just stop!

Was woken up at 6am to drop my boyfriend to work. He got out of the car without even saying goodbye or thanks. Rude git. I'm not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When you're doing one of those brain teaser puzzle questions and you kick yourself afterwards for not seeing the answer. It always feels so obvious but you still didn't think of it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who describe foods as "dirty".
    E.G: "Going to get a big dirty curry" or "Just had a big dirty fish and chips."
    It annoys me beyond belief.

Describing FOOD as dirty...I just don't get it.
    I also hate people who call Coke "full-fat Coke".
    There is no fat in Coke.

Another annoyance (and I'm sorry to keep bringing it up) is that I still have this migraine.

I've had it since Monday morning and the doctor gave me Frovex yesterday which worked til it wore off about 9 hours later.
    Am I just destined to have this migraine for the next few weeks or what?
    I've never suffered with them before.

Another annoyance (and I'm sorry to keep bringing it up) is that I still have this migraine.

And it is very annoying when you look up your minor ailment on the internet and then end up thinking you have a brain tumour or something.

I found a lump on my shoulder a few months ago and mentioned it to my doc. He put on that very worried face of his...
    That set off whole round of tests, scans etc...and it took ages to get the results.
    In the mean time I was checking things out on the internet....fck me...I was writing wills and giving the family extra love for ages!
    Turns out I just have an odd bone growth there...such a relief to get the all clear. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I know!
    I Googled migraines and I'm convinced I'm having a brain hemorrhage.
    I really should know better than Google my symptoms, but what else are you meant to do when you're suffering and you always think the Internet will provide some magic cure.
    Menas wrote: »
    And it is very annoying when you look up your minor ailment on the internet and then end up thinking you have a brain tumour or something.

I found a lump on my shoulder a few months ago and mentioned it to my doc. He put on that very worried face of his...
    That set off whole round of tests, scans etc...and it took ages to get the results.
    In the mean time I was checking things out on the internet....fck me...I was writing wills and giving the family extra love for ages!
    Turns out I just have an odd bone growth there...such a relief to get the all clear. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

efb wrote: »
    We do it to píss off righties
    I'm left handed too but I have adapted to not smudging:cool:

Traitor!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Assimilating just to please the right-handed overlords!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

KatW4 wrote: »
    Was woken up at 6am to drop my boyfriend to work. He got out of the car without even saying goodbye or thanks. Rude git. I'm not happy.

Should have driven over him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Probably been mentioned previously but when you reach into a box of After Eight Mints and find only empty sleeves left and no mints. FFS how hard is it to take both the mint and the sleeve out as you consume them and then put the empty sleeve in the bin rather than put it back into the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Probably been mentioned previously but when you reach into a box of After Eight Mints and find only empty sleeves left and no mints. FFS how hard is it to take both the mint and the sleeve out as you consume them and then put the empty sleeve in the bin rather than put it back into the box?

happens in my job when someone brings in sweets and the are left on an empty desk so everyone just helps themselves, generally whoever takes the last sweet juts leaves the empty bag there so when the next person goes the bag is empty, how hard is it to put an empty bag in the bin!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Every time I open the fridge, I jump back in fright. There is some sort of cheese that looks like chalky brain or the inside of a cancerous lung just sitting there in the fridge at my eye level.
    Scares the sh*t out of me every damn time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Idiot in front of me at petrol station yesterday evening.

Cashier asks him what number pump. Cue confused look and him having to bring cashier over to window to show him his car so they can work out the pump number.
    Seriously, is this your first time filling up you car at a petrol station?
    Did you honestly have no idea that the cashier won't magically know what pump you used?
    Do you realise that I won't ever get those 20 seconds back again?

Also, when it was (eventually) my turn, Indian guy in the queue behind me comes up and actually stands beside me at the till when I'm paying for my petrol - not behind me, ****ing beside me!

Decide to give him quizzical 'can I help you look' which doesn't seem to have any effect. Eventually ask him to move back as I'm going to be typing my pin into the card reader and I don't want Billy Randomer beside me while I do. He reluctantly moves back 2 yards.

Why are people such morons?
    Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

elfy4eva wrote: »
    From working on a Deli the corned beef always comes in one of those key tins so u can just plop the whole block out, If it was a ring pull the meat would get caught in the lip of the tin and ya'd have to scoop it out like dog food. Yum Yum!

Yum yum is right!

How about a ring pull on BOTH ends of the can? then you can push the block out of either end.

I am a genius! Must patent that!

Er, I've no idea. I've never had a cramp in my vagina.
    But period pains are usually very bad belly cramps.
    That's interesting. As a guy, if we ever get a stab in the balls like the belt of a hurley or something, the pain seems to run to the stomach. It can be literally sickening. Sorry about the random observation, just curious as to why that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That's interesting. As a guy, if we ever get a stab in the balls like the belt of a hurley or something, the pain seems to run to the stomach. It can be literally sickening. Sorry about the random observation, just curious as to why that is.

Nerve endings are long.

I assume you don't want or need a medical lecture on the subject so just go with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Idiot in front of me at petrol station yesterday evening.

Cashier asks him what number pump. Cue confused look and him having to bring cashier over to window to show him his car so they can work out the pump number.
    Seriously, is this your first time filling up you car at a petrol station?
    Did you honestly have no idea that the cashier won't magically know what pump you used?
    Do you realise that I won't ever get those 20 seconds back again?

Also, when it was (eventually) my turn, Indian guy in the queue behind me comes up and actually stands beside me at the till when I'm paying for my petrol - not behind me, ****ing beside me!

Decide to give him quizzical 'can I help you look' which doesn't seem to have any effect. Eventually ask him to move back as I'm going to be typing my pin into the card reader and I don't want Billy Randomer beside me while I do. He reluctantly moves back 2 yards.

Why are people such morons?
    Why?

I feel like we're not getting the full story here. What race was the first guy? These details matter.

Usually after a good belt in the balls, you think "ah, that wasn't so bad". Wait a few seconds, and the pain starts to radiate out from the scrotal area, you clutch your nuts and start to cry and vomit, then cry some more. A piece of advise I got once was "don't bother rubbing them, count them":)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

Smidge wrote: »
    When you ask someone to do something in a specific way because there is a very specific and important reason that they do it that way.
    You explain it very simply and clearly and they acknowledge that they have understood the instructions and the reasoning behind it.

Then they fukc off and do it the way they want to do it.

I think that's called being Irish..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

When you fall for a joe.ie clickbait headline - you know when you're clicking on it that the 'zinger of reply that David McWilliams got to his post' is going to be, at best, mildly amusing and not worth the effort. But at least twice a week I'll fall for it and have a look, despite my better judgement - never worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Menas wrote: »

Looking up aliments on the internet is never a wise thing to to do. Because online self diagnosis attempts usually range from Leukaemia to having 6 hours to live.

Looking up aliments on the internet is never a wise thing to to do. Because online self diagnosis attempts usually range from Leukaemia to having 6 hours to live.

Ah yeah, sure the sensible side of us knows that. No doubt about it.

But when you are waiting weeks for results of tests and scared fckless the sensible side of you goes out the window and you try to get information from wherever you can...including the internet...which makes you more scared.

Least that is what happened to me. Dumb I know, but understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Usually after a good belt in the balls, you think "ah, that wasn't so bad". Wait a few seconds, and the pain starts to radiate out from the scrotal area, you clutch your nuts and start to cry and vomit, then cry some more. A piece of advise I got once was "don't bother rubbing them, count them":)
    Try labour pains for a few hours and come back to me then;) They take you to the brink of unconciousness and then to tease you they let you pain free only to start all over again:mad: A kick in the balls is a walk in the park compared to that imo..:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Colser wrote: »
    Try labour pains for a few hours and come back to me then;) They take you to the brink of unconciousness and then to tease you they let you pain free only to start all over again:mad: A kick in the balls is a walk in the park compared to that imo..:P

Yeah, the age old argument for which we will never have proof.

Anyone ever have an acute pyloric spasm? Now, that is pain: when you want to die and the fcukers just won't let you.

TA that I have a rake of work to do but just cant get in to it. Browsing boards will get me sacked someday.

My little fellow asking me for the fourth time "when are we going?". I'm going to strangle him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

galljga1 wrote: »
    My little fellow asking me for the fourth time "when are we going?". I'm going to strangle him.
    Are we there yet???:D

Yeah, the age old argument for which we will never have proof.

Anyone ever have an acute pyloric spasm? Now, that is pain: when you want to die and the fcukers just won't let you.

Colser, I will go along with that.

I had a front row seat three times, and that is as close as I wanna get;)

• Advertisement

Nearly as bad asking in July.... 'how many sleeps to christmas?'....

Thanks, we'll have a bit of that but it is only an hour and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I feel your pain. I just drove home from town with my 3 yr old squawking that she wants "a wabbit from the pet shop" all the way home.

Fcuking Facebook !

"Brothers week", "sisters week" "rusty fcuken spanner week"

Assholes that would not even nod in your direction in real life, asking to be your friend....piss off!

The annoying lick a*** messages I'm getting from my bf after this morning's lift to work incident. Pfft go away, I want to be mad for a bit longer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I recently lost 50lbs, and now I get one of two responses from people:

1) You're too thin now, go eat a burger!

2) You're so lucky! I wish I had the genetics and good fortune to just be able to effortlessly lose weight like you.

Ok so the first one is rude and I don't get why people seem to be under the impression they can comment on my body willy-nilly, but if I ever had the audacity to call someone overweight or something I'd be vilified.

The second one is insulting. I run roughly 20-25 kilometres a week, and I count calories. I've been doing both of these things religiously since the start of February. It's not genetics, it's not luck, it's hard ****ing work that I had to make time for while trying to finish off a degree at the same time. I'm damn proud of the hard work I put in, and for god sake it was anything but effortless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Spin off threads.

For me, it's stupidly titled and deliberately obscure threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I challenge this whole thread to disagree with today's annoyance. Fit bin with thick, heavy black sack and carry on your merry way throwing various food stuffs and garbage into bin. Then comes horrifying sinking realisation that one side of the sack has slipped down the inside of the bin meaning you have to handle the gunk and refill the bag feeling all the scum on your hands. Bins are actually disgusting things at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I work beside someone who sounds like they have a cold, constantly. She sniffles and sneezes and snorts and I should feel bad for her because she must have sinus issues but I just don't. Go to a doctor and try sort it out (I'm pretty sure she'd have mentioned if she was getting it sorted because she's the type to tell me when she's having her period)! It's definitely not just a cold because it's been months. She eats with her mouth open SO loudly because of it as well....I've never heard anything like it.

A related one - when someone blows their nose in front of me while I'm eating...it makes me want to gag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

With the Edinburgh Fringe Festival starting next week, alot of comedians on twitter are shilling their mates' gigs "go see him/her, they're fab/hilarious/handsome" or some other version of, I'm trying to be cool but they could do with the gig sales.

Anyway that's not the TA, the TA is more often than not, a comedian saying another lesser heard comedian is funny is liker your girlfriend saying her friend is very pretty, she's not, don't fall for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement