Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I am TA that someone has started an outrage thread. How dare they.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

Referring to a person as a "Legend"( especially followed by "fact") "Alex Ferguson is a LEGEND..fact!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Nail varnish chipping.
    And it doesn't matter if I'm using a cheap or pricey one, they ALL chip and I'm sick of it.
    As of today, I'm finished wearing nail varnish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Je suis Cecil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Weird Grunter.

At Cinema.

2 rows back.

Grunting weirdly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

those bop it toys that used to be out.

''twist it....flick it....pull it....spin it.....AH **** IT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Weird Grunter.

At Cinema.

2 rows back.

Grunting weirdly.

Barely there, I'd say he is nearly there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Tesco sent me some cat food in the post!! Which would be great but I must look like a crazy cat lady now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

KatW4 wrote: »
    Tesco sent me some cat food in the post!! Which would be great but I must look like a crazy cat lady now!!!
    how did it taste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Barely there, I'd say he is nearly there:)

It really wasn't that kind of movie.

• Advertisement

how did it taste?

Ha ha ha.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Weird Grunter.

At Cinema.

2 rows back.

Grunting weirdly.

Ah give him a break it's national orgasam day after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Ah give him a break it's national orgasam day after all

Give him a hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

N365 wrote: »
    Referring to a person as a "Legend"( especially followed by "fact") "Alex Ferguson is a LEGEND..fact!!

But his greatness can be easily measure by statistical facts - his unequaled success is there for all to see. It's not even a question, he is the greatest British football manager of all time. Christ, I'm not even a soccer fan and I know that.

TA how people can overlook someone at the top of their profession and who has dominated their chosen field for decades.

Wearing boots and my toe decides to itch. I cant very well take my boots off in public so I have to bear the agonising itch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I was looking forward (apart from handing over the cheque) to collecting a new car tomorrow but a month later than it was promised it arrives missing several options ggrrrrrr!

So no new car + I've been smothering with a feckin' cold all week

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My migraine, which I've had since Sunday, finally fecked off yesterday, but I'm on edge nearly waiting for it to reappear.
    Every slight niggle I get, I'm thinking "It's back!" and I wait a few minutes, but no, it doesn't come.

Being too hot, then too cold.
    I was freezing earlier, so put the heating on. Then I got far too warm; the air was stifling and I could hardly breathe.
    Switched it off and now I'm chilly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't get it, I never invited this sneeze here, so what makes it think it can just waltz up to my nose just like that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that the last few hours of work before a holiday weekend seem like torture...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I was looking forward (apart from handing over the cheque) to collecting a new car tomorrow but a month later than it was promised it arrives missing several options ggrrrrrr!

So no new car + I've been smothering with a feckin' cold all week
    Are you going to take the car? Id have war with them if that happened to me tbh..TAd that Im dying to know what car it is but dont want to appear nosey:pac:

• Advertisement

Menas wrote: »
    TA that the last few hours of work before a holiday weekend seem like torture...
    Work? If you werent on boards all day yesterday youd be out the gap by now..no pity for ya:D

Colser wrote: »
    Work? If you werent on boards all day yesterday youd be out the gap by now..no pity for ya:D

:mad:

:mad:
    You should be :o not:mad:

You should be :o not:mad:

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Earache. Just pain all over my right side of my face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

I am TA that my wrist is now sore from thanking posts.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I am TA that my wrist is now sore from thwanking posts.:(
    ;DG<

I have an obsession with weddings. I have my whole wedding planned and I'm not even engaged. I just tease myself watching Say Yes to the Dress and Something Borrowed, Something New. :(

The Partyline advert. Has to be the worst acting I've ever seen and as for her outfit... yuck!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

KatW4 wrote: »
    I have an obsession with weddings. I have my whole wedding planned and I'm not even engaged. I just tease myself watching Say Yes to the Dress and Something Borrowed, Something New. :(
    Do you at least have a partner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Going out wearing my prescription sunglasses and forgetting my ordinary ones. I'm blind as a bat then in the shop, and have to keep surreptitiously putting on the sunnys to read labels etc, trying not to look like a poser :(

Tilly wrote:
    Do you at least have a partner?

Haha yeah! I will be with my boyfriend for 5 years in December!

August weekend....BBQ me bollix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I really hope there's a vegetarian option :p

Ill just have a burger..thanks anyway..:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Ill just have a burger..thanks anyway..:D

Someone's on fire today!

eternal wrote: »
    Someone's on fire today!
    Its eisenbergs bits:D

Ba dum tisssshhhhh :):)

It's like a drunken ladies lounge in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Ta by a very low level anxious feeling all day.
    It's like the sense you get when you feel you have forgotten something important but not quite that.

It's like I'm expecting bad news any minute.

• Advertisement

It's like a drunken ladies lounge in here.

I'd be afraid to venture over there;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I'd be afraid to venture over there;)

Can't be worse than getting your balls roasted, can it? :pac:

eternal wrote: »
    Someone's on fire today!

I do have my moments;)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭N365

But his greatness can be easily measure by statistical facts - his unequaled success is there for all to see. It's not even a question, he is the greatest British football manager of all time. Christ, I'm not even a soccer fan and I know that.

TA how people can overlook someone at the top of their profession and who has dominated their chosen field for decades.

I was using him as an example

Karma is a complete B*tch:mad:..I just got my nails done and was lying here on the bed mocking eisys bits..when I got up the polish on 2 of my toes is smudged beyond repair and Ive no idea how it happened..I better apologise before my tan starts to wash off or some other disaster happens..No more messing from me this evening Im really peed off now.

I'm hoping karma of some sort will be good to me later because I'm still kicking myself after I handed over a tenner in a shop and they handed me back change of a twenty. I walked out thinking "Good deed? You're such a goody two-shoes sometimes, makes me sick!" :pac:

TA too that I talk to myself the whole time :(

I'm hoping karma of some sort will be good to me later because I'm still kicking myself after I handed over a tenner in a shop and they handed me back change of a twenty. I walked out thinking "Good deed? You're such a goody two-shoes sometimes, makes me sick!" :pac:

TA too that I talk to myself the whole time :(
    The older I get the more I believe in Karma..Or some kind of payback ,hard to explain but Ive seen a few times where people do get whats coming to them(both bad and good) or maybe its coincidence ,hard to say.

Making fish pie, put all the fish etc into the dish ready to go into the oven, when it dawns on me I need mashed potato to go on top. That's going to add another 20 odd minutes and I'm bloody hungry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

73Cat wrote:
    Making fish pie, put all the fish etc into the dish ready to go into the oven, when it dawns on me I need mashed potato to go on top. That's going to add another 20 odd minutes and I'm bloody hungry

Just make chowder instead :)

The older I get the more I believe in Karma..Or some kind of payback ,hard to explain but Ive seen a few times where people do get whats coming to them(both bad and good) or maybe its coincidence ,hard to say.

Yep, always believed in "paying it forward" myself - always try and help people out and they'll do a good deed for someone else.

(I will admit it doesn't always work, but I try to focus on the positive :o)

73Cat wrote: »
    Making fish pie, put all the fish etc into the dish ready to go into the oven, when it dawns on me I need mashed potato to go on top. That's going to add another 20 odd minutes and I'm bloody hungry :(

At least you're not at eisy's place for a BBQ, small mercies and all that :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement