Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Colser wrote: »
    Are you going to take the car? Id have war with them if that happened to me tbh..TAd that Im dying to know what car it is but dont want to appear nosey:pac:

No there's toys missing, it's a BMW 430d Gran Coupe

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

You do know you have now made everyone in here extra TA fo the day :mad::D

Just kidding. Wishing you safe driving in it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My four year old son has a sickly tummy. One of the symptoms is really bad farts. Hard to love him when he sinks the room up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

TA....I'm not going out tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

TA that it's not a bank holiday here in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Had to go for an emergency dental appointment today.
    I'd been having twinges for the last two weeks on and off but the pain came to a head this morning and I was in bits.
    So, off to the dentist I go.
    I was expecting so much as a rotten tooth needing a refill but it turns out that not only was there a hairline fracture in the tooth right down to the root (I grind in my sleep so that's not good), the roots were actually GROWING INTO MY NASAL BONES. D:
    WTF, body?!
    Anyways, after the dentist- a lovely, kind woman who made me feel at ease- poked about, she told me I had two options:
    A root canal which was not covered by my medical card and would've costed upwards of €600 or an extraction which WAS covered.
    Not only did I not have the money for a RC, even my dentist said it would be a waste of money as RC only prolong the envitable and I would've had to have it removed anyways.
    So, yup- went in for a check up, ended up enduring 2 hours of an awkward, complicated extraction that required TWO dentists to yank the ****er out and 4 anaestesia injections as for some reason my body decided to troll me by not taking to it as well as it should.
    Well, by the time they got the tooth out, the anaesthetic was begining to wear off and when I eventually got home, I was in so much agony I just crawled into bed and ugly-cried myself to sleep.
    Thankfully, I got antibiotics and painkillers into me and right now, I'm grand for the most part.
    Trivial annoyance?
    That this had to happen over a Bank Holiday weekend and now I can't eat anything on the right side of my mouth for at least 24 hours. I want Chinese food but I can't risk upsetting the clotting socket. Boo-urns.
    On the bright side, the tooth was from the back of my upper jaw so the gap is not visable when I smile.
    Small mercies and all that.
    I'm wrecked but at least I won't be in agony over the rest of the weekend or worse, be pained during Comic Con.
    And how was YOUR day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Sounds awful McChubbin :( hope you feel better and it doesn't ruin your weekend.

TA at my teeth actually. They're weak and awful. If I win the lotto, I'll have them all removed and replaced with nice perfect teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Menas wrote: »
    TA at my own handwriting. Have not got a clue what the 'Reminders' I wrote yesterday are....

You can't translate what you wrote yesterday? Feck, I can't translate what I wrote an hour ago. If I write really fast, my handwriting becomes a cross between Chinese and Arabic writing. I'd have an easier job translating Egyptian hieroglyphics.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

White? What I wouldnt give to be waiting on one of those..Now I want a new car or a man with a new car..where the hell did I go wrong:mad::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Ugh McChubbin, sounds awful.

Feel better soon and enjoy your Chinese when you have it.

PS: Love the phrase "ugly-cried."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

White? What I wouldnt give to be waiting on one of those..Now I want a new car or a man with a new car..where the hell did I go wrong:mad::pac:

I own a white, half horse powered High Nelly, with manual steering that can go from 0 to 10 Mph in 2 minutes. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I own a white, half horse powered High Nelly, with manual steering that can go from 0 to 10 Mph in 2 minutes. Send me a PM if you're interested.
    I would but I have to wash my hair:D

I would but I have to wash my hair:D

And un smudge your nails. But I have heard that he is not too fussy!

And un smudge your nails. But I have heard that he is not too fussy!
    :eek: Which one of us are you insulting there???:pac: Cheek of ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Someone texts 'can you call I have some news.'
    I call 10 minutes later......
    "I cant tell you right now....can I ring you in a bit?"
    "Noooooo it's nearly 12 and I'm going to bed!"
    "I'll call you in the morning so!"
    Aaaaaaarrrrgghhhh........

• Advertisement

I have a spot on my back. It hurts to lie on so now I'll have an awkward nights sleep :( just fantastic!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

TA by the Best Before dates that are put onto bottles and jars with little inky dots, usually around the top. That's all well and good when new, but tend to get rubbed off so that when you look at a bottle that's been open a while (or even unopened like a jar of salsa in my fridge) the BBE has been rubbed off.

God only knows now what the BBE is :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I started Game of Thrones for the first time three days ago. Can't wait for the intro to end so I can actually watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

byte wrote: »
    TA by the Best Before dates that are put onto bottles and jars with little inky dots, usually around the top. That's all well and good when new, but tend to get rubbed off so that when you look at a bottle that's been open a while (or even unopened like a jar of salsa in my fridge) the BBE has been rubbed off.

God only knows now what the BBE is :mad:

most of them have a greatly diminished shelf life once opened, usually 4 weeks.

byte

I started Game of Thrones for the first time three days ago. Can't wait for the intro to end so I can actually watch it.

Hahaha, true :D HBO seem to like stupidly long intros.

• Advertisement
    byte

efb wrote: »
    most of them have a greatly diminished shelf life once opened, usually 4 weeks.
    That's true, but even my unopened jar of salsa dip has it wiped off. It's like the condensation in the fridge or something made it disappear. I can see a few dots left, but not enough info to tell me if it's still within BBE.

It's down the sink now in any case with the jar in the recycling. :(

Not being able to put glass jars in my recycling bin. Thats annoying. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

DareGod wrote: »

The one positive though is, you have lots of time to get a nice cuppa ready before the music finishes.

The one positive though is, you have lots of time to get a nice cuppa ready before the music finishes.

That's what I have been doing every time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Someone texts 'can you call I have some news.'
    I call 10 minutes later......
    "I cant tell you right now....can I ring you in a bit?"
    "Noooooo it's nearly 12 and I'm going to bed!"
    "I'll call you in the morning so!"
    Aaaaaaarrrrgghhhh........

Tell us the news!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

There is a door banging intermittently in the corridor and I just do not want to get out of bed to SHUT THE FCUKING THING UP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My four year old son has a sickly tummy. One of the symptoms is really bad farts. Hard to love him when he sinks the room up...

I went up to bed last night and my boy had snuck into my bed. My option was to wake him and carry him to his bed, sleep on the couch or sleep in his bed....a top bunk. I went for the top bunk which I'm about 2 inches too big for.
    Not a pleasant nights sleep at all for me.
    To make it worse, the girl was in the bottom bunk, she is very windy. She kept me awake for ages farting away while she slept.
    Tis long, but, it's different nearly every time! It maps out where that episode will be taking place. So it's handy if you're not familiar with the geography of Westeros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Enjoy, it is an excellent series.
    I am heading on hols in two weeks and have bought the first two books.
    Looking forward to refreshing my memory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Small towns in Ireland with too many zebra crossings. Bandon even has one on a bridge.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Tis long, but, it's different nearly every time! It maps out where that episode will be taking place. So it's handy if you're not familiar with the geography of Westeros.

:eek:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_memp8ohnA91r5czhfo1_400.gif

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    galljga1 wrote: »
    Enjoy, it is an excellent series.
    I am heading on hols in two weeks and have bought the first two books.
    Looking forward to refreshing my memory.

Now that I have you all here, I need to ask a question. (and any other Game of Thrones watchers out there.) I find GoT quite hard to follow. I understand what's going on only about 50% of the time. So, after every few episodes, I read episode recaps online to try to help me figure out wtf just happened - but to be quite honest, the recaps are even more confusing to me than the episodes themselves. Has difficulty in following GoT storylines been a common thing? Or is it just me? :pac:

I've never been great with being able to mentally process storylines in tv shows or films that involve a lot of politics or which have a high concentration of dialogue, and there's a ****load of dialogue and politics in GoT. I'm more of an emotional watcher.

Had to drive my boyfriends jeep. It's used on the farm. My hands are filthy. Disgusting.

Throwing away unused food. I've just chucked about 40 quid's worth of fish, vegetables, milk, yoghurt and cheese in the bins. We don't even have a dog or a cat to give it to. We try to minimise waste by eating foods that are just slightly out of date, using whiffy milk for cooking, scraping bits of mould from bread, but still we waste a ridiculous amount.

It's a shared apartment and we all contribute to the groceries tronc, but with boyfriends and girlfriends and mates coming and going, it's hard to predict our needs. This happens almost every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Now that I have you all here, I need to ask a question. (and any other Game of Thrones watchers out there.) I find GoT quite hard to follow. I understand what's going on only about 50% of the time. So, after every few episodes, I read episode recaps online to try to help me figure out wtf just happened - but to be quite honest, the recaps are even more confusing to me than the episodes themselves. Has difficulty in following GoT storylines been a common thing? Or is it just me? :pac:

I've never been great with being able to mentally process storylines in tv shows or films that involve a lot of politics or which have a high concentration of dialogue, and there's a ****load of dialogue and politics in GoT. I'm more of an emotional watcher.

HBO have short videos on YouTube that gives more details about the various houses and the lore etc. I found them great for gaining more of a back story to the show. Just be careful though if you do watch them but aren't up to date with the show as there will be spoilers aplenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Eating corn on the cob 3 days ago. Bit into it and for some bizarre reason one of the niblets was boiling.
    Have a tiny blister on my lip since but the pain of it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Nothing in Dublin opens till 11 at the earliest on a Sunday. Planning trips to Easons, Boots and M&S tomorrow and was hoping to get at least one of them out of the way early so I could have early lunch and be back at desk by 1.30...

#firstworldproblems

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Power cuts. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sliced chillies for dinner. Washed hands - very well I thought until I went to remove contact lenses. The burning will subside Im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

White girls who like Eminem and share his quotes because it makes them look "edgy".

When you're hungry but you don't know what for, rooting through the presses.A missing piece of the hunger puzzle you can't find.

• Advertisement

minion memes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Glasgow

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nettie1

My mother in law's dinners. Just had a baby so herself and the hubby think it's great to give me dinner at her house to save me the bother. The bother of eating something I might like. The bother of being able to make myself a cup of tea when I want. The bother of keeping the house from looking like a squatters' refuge. If I am offered one more carrot I'm gonna turn into Bugs Bunny. The woman thinks you can be a vegetarian with one vegetable, carrots. I'm not vegetarian but she makes meat so inedible it's becoming a reality. It'd be a lot less bother to just turn on the bleeping oven than pack half the house into the car just to get stinky dinners. On the upside, my figure is returning really quickly because I'm freaking starving!! Freaking carrots!!

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Sliced chillis for dinner. Washed hands - very well I thought until I went to remove contact lenses. The burning will subside Im sure.

I know that pain, has happened a few times.

Another time I was opening chillies, no contacts or glasses, and a seed popped up in the air and in to my eye.
    Honest to God, the left side of my face went numb. The pain was something else. Had to take the next day off work too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The first season, I was confused as to who was who sometimes. But as it progressed I was able to figure it out. They do mention alot of things that seem insignificant, but kind of are. I read the book after S1 or S2 which sorted everything out in my mind. Then I carried on reading the books ahead of the show so I knew what to expect.
    So my advice is to read the books as well as besides being awesome, answer some questions for you. Even if you are not a big reader, they are easy enough to get through.

My TA for today. Why in the name of bejaysus is there always, always a little black floater in a bowl of Frosties.

I have noticed that when you watch 'Despicable me 2' for anything more than the 12th time you start getting these little shakes. I wish the 4 year old would obsess about a different movie.

• Advertisement

I hate the morning. I'm not a morning person in any way. Unfortunately my boyfriend is and he drives me mad trying to talk and snuggle. I just want to curl up in a ball and be silent for an hour or two. He gets all upset when I get cross with him. Ugh stupid mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

When you try to put a point on a pencil nowadays with a penknife, the lead breaks off just when you're nearly there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Hitchens wrote: »
    When you try to put a point on a pencil nowadays with a penknife, the lead breaks off just when you're nearly there :(

That sounds more like the blade on your penknife isn't sharp enough. The few times I'd sharpen a pencil at home and I didn't have a sharpener, I'd use a kitchen knife, and angle it so you're not cutting into the lead, but tapering off just to skim it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The Wire, went on for about 3 minutes. Good job I could fast forward.
    I've said this before and I'll say it again. Texting someone, and they ring back. I'm having a lazy Sunday morning, in the bed, just texted brother to say I'd meet him later today around 4pm, as we had discussed this during the week. He rings back, and is on the phone for nearly 15 minutes. A blow by blow account of every detail of a wedding he was at yesterday.
    Anyway, lesson learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Robsweezie wrote: »
    White girls who like Eminem and share his quotes because it makes them look "edgy".

When you're hungry but you don't know what for, rooting through the presses.A missing piece of the hunger puzzle you can't find.

What annoys you about white girls liking Eminem?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement