Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Irregardless. I die a little inside everytime I hear someone say it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I've just seen a post where someone said "I didn't LOOSE it.......etc.

God of Almighty, but that drives me absolutely crackers.

And I hate Bank Holiday Monday nights that are like Sunday nights too. So there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

TA'd that I decided to go and play crazy golf and try archery for the first time. So, nobody thought to check if the place was open on a bank holiday and when we arrived the place was closed. On the upside, we went off to Fota instead and most of the animals were out and about, and it didn't rain!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Was walking home earlier and for some reason now my leg is completely seized up. It's like it's wooden only with pain? I tried deep heat and massage but it's staying put. I'll have to drag it after me for weeks! Peg leg features.

eternal wrote: »
    Was walking home earlier and for some reason now my leg is completely seized up. It's like it's wooden only with pain? I tried deep heat and massage but it's staying put. I'll have to drag it after me for weeks! Peg leg features.

Get roller blades.

• Advertisement

I'm a liddle old for that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I just got a flash back..I bet Im the only one who remembers Peggys Legs (sweet bars)..I hope eisy or Srameen are around or Im going to feel really old:(

Colser wrote: »
    I just got a flash back..I bet Im the only one who remembers Peggys Legs (sweet bars)..I hope eisy or Srameen are around or Im going to feel really old:(
    I remember my dad on about them and he's in his 70s? Does that make you feel better :p

I remember my dad on about them and he's in his 70s? Does that make you feel better :p
    It does eternal..thank you:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Wanting a kick scooter. Have found one online from the US that is built like a tank, can support up to 300 lbs etc. My TA is that riding one here would get you labelled a "quare" and your head kicked in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ha I remember them too , and I think I'm older than you so you can relax now :)

Late for work after being sucked into Boards posting crap about myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'm old enough to remember it's rude to ask a woman just how old are you... so I won't :p

But yeah, I remember peggys legs, like sticks of brown rock, and a quarter of fizz bombs or rhubarb and custard hard boils. My mother used have us tanked up on barley sugars while she kept the foxes glaciers and silvermints to herself.

I only found out why she kept them to herself a month ago, when she let slip about her being a smoker back then! Crafty oul so and so, all the years she'd been giving out to me about it and she never let on :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The word "bae", I've only ever seen it used online, had one of the girls in work mention it during small talk in a meeting today.
    She's 38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I remember getting them at the little shop near my Granny's as a small child. Kind of a darkish red/ brown small stick of rock. They were lovely:)

73Cat wrote: »
    I remember getting them at the little shop near my Granny's as a small child. Kind of a darkish red/ brown small stick of rock. They were lovely:)
    Pull the teeth out of your head though:pac:

Eh no you're not. Cleeves Toffee is another one. And Licquorice sticks, and gobstoppers, and fizzbags, and......

You can get most of them in the Retro sweet shops now. Nostalgia. Aaaah.

I've never been in any of those sweet shops and I don't eat any sweets at all. Is that weird? Where do you find the retro shops?

Eh no you're not. Cleeves Toffee is another one. And Licquorice sticks, and gobstoppers, and fizzbags, and......

You can get most of them in the Retro sweet shops now. Nostalgia. Aaaah.

Liquorice Pipes !! So un PC now but they were delicious :D

razorblunt wrote: »
    The word "bae", I've only ever seen it used online, had one of the girls in work mention it during small talk in a meeting today.
    She' 38.

I had to google that. But I'm still not sure!

Care to give some context or translation??

• Advertisement

It means 'before anything else', I think or 'anyone else'.

I've never been in any of those sweet shops and I don't eat any sweets at all. Is that weird? Where do you find the retro shops?

They are all over the place now. Just google Retro Irish Sweets. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Pull the teeth out of your head though:pac:

I'd say they were responsible for manys the filling :)

Out walking and I just nearly tripped over a manhole cover posting the last one. That awkward kind of nearly hitting the deck , and righting yourself at the last minute. I was praying that no one saw as it's something I'd be buckled at myself!

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Ha ha. Remember any of the "sweet cigarettes"? They had a red tip. Gas isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

When someone makes a cup of tea and a cup of coffee and they give you the tea but when you taste it it has the taint of coffee because they used a spoon to put the coffee into their cup and then stirred your cup of tea or took the tea bag out with the same spoon without cleaning it.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Golf Ball chewing gums,they were sold loose in a box..halfpenny each..I loved them but the taste was gone very quick..Getting very nostalgic now:pac:

Right, we need to get back to being annoyed at trivial things.

Eating sweets and breaking your teeth doesn't count.

My TA is that I now would like some Golfballs, Peggys Legs and Liqourice Pipes ,
    retro sweet shop here sells them though I think :D

I hate it when a person takes up two seats on the bus. Did they pay for two seats?

Was on a bus today, and this bloke had himself spread all over two seats. I got on and his was the only seat left. So I smiled at him and went to sit down. He DID NOT MOVE AN INCH!

God I got a bit angry, and stood there. No movement. In the end I figured the guy had issues with people being close up or something. But I was feeling a bit well,, you know yourself, and I sat on the edge of the seat, just to be a divil. And he still did not move.

Cue Spanish Eyes inching in. It was great fun. I am old enough now to get away with that!

But it annoys me so much, so whenever I see it happening, I go in for the kill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Bought new all singing all dancing gel insoles with money back warranty insoles, for E21.00 put them into my very comfy walking shoes and off I popped on my holls,
    Within 5 days they had fallen apart, FALLEN APART I say, in 5 days, (Bought a pair of lidl ones for E3.99 while away) looked at website on how to avail of warranty,
    return it to (address) along with PACKAGING and receipt and insoles,
    The flipping packaging was thrown away before I went on holls, But i'm gonna send them anyway. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that I'm back to work tomorrow after nearly two weeks off. Feel like I did back in the days of yore waiting for Glenroe to finish and go to bed. Sigh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

just had someone reach across in the car and flash my high beams at someone. if there's one thing worse than back seat driving it's operating any of the controls in the car on my behalf.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    TA that I'm back to work tomorrow after nearly two weeks off. Feel like I did back in the days of yore waiting for Glenroe to finish and go to bed. Sigh...

And then when you go to bed early to be nice and refreshed for the morning after the Bank Holiday, you cannot sleep a fekkin wink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That child in the AIB ad, aargh

just had someone reach across in the car and flash my high beams at someone. if there's one thing worse than back seat driving it's operating any of the controls in the car on my behalf.

Nearly as bad as someone looking at the speedometer, and telling you what you are doing. And asking what's the speed limit, and are there speed vans around.

God...... get back in your backseat you moron. I'm in control behind the wheel. And I know what the speed limit signs mean too. Yaargh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

This is how my life goes:

Me (to myself): "Ow, my stomach hurts from drinking all that tea!"

30 minutes later....

Me (to myself): "I'm gonna have a cup of tea."

...and so on and so forth.

At least it's not alcohol, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Bank Holiday Monday prime time slot on tV3 - Brendan Grace: Funny Man.

Could there be a less appealing programme?

Nearly as bad as someone looking at the speedometer, and telling you what you are doing. And asking what's the speed limit, and are there speed vans around.

God...... get back in your backseat you moron. I'm in control behind the wheel. And I know what the speed limit signs mean too. Yaargh.
    This drives me insane:mad: If I could press an eject button he would be in orbit by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Kids across the road are flashing a laser at our house, from their bedroom.
    Other half told me to reflect it back at them with a mirror but I'm trivially annoyed I don't have the guts to.

efb wrote: »
    That child in the AIB ad, aargh

Just reminded me of that ad where the Mam asks the kid "what sound does the train make" and so on until the clapped out car is sounded.

Kids..what do they know about cars except it's Mam and Dad's taxi. Give me strength.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Other half told me to reflect it back at them with a mirror but I'm trivially annoyed I don't have the guts to.

Blackout blinds. They are the business. I swear to god they are brilliant. Get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

osarusan wrote: »

Switch on to TG4 Inside im dancing is on,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

fussyonion wrote: »

It wouldn't work because of the refractive index in glass.

You don't want to know how I know this :o

It wouldn't work because of the refractive index in glass.

You don't want to know how I know this :o

Ah here, we do, and it's TA that you are teasing too. :eek:

But you must be very brainy all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

osarusan wrote: »

Brendan O'Carroll Funny "as fcuk" man :rolleyes:

efb wrote: »
    Brendan O'Carroll Funny "as fcuk" man :rolleyes:
    I like Mrs. Brown:o

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

Minions. If you like them or buy anything related to the brand you are an idiot in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

The term "Break the internet"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

wp_rathead wrote: »
    The term "Break the internet"

I agree with the above post but KK attempt at actually doing it was worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Forgive my french here, but I would stop the car and fúck the idiot out. I wouldn't put up with anyone interfering with the controls of my car when I'm driving.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement