Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Colser wrote: »
    I like Mrs. Brown:o

get out! :P

wp_rathead wrote: »
    The term "Break the internet"

And the Indo et al overusing it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

efb wrote: »
    And the Indo et al overusing it....

I'm sorry efb but anyone using "et al" outside of academic literature irks me! :o

I'm sorry efb but anyone using "et al" outside of academic literature irks me! :o

i just use it to be lazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

buskers.
    I just don't like them
    I've never walked by one thinking hearing that song enriched my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Someone sitting in 'my seat' on the bus to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Putting coins into money bags and being short by one or two coins. Followed by a hunt through the house/trousers/handbags to find the coins to finish the bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Irregardless. I die a little inside everytime I hear someone say it

irregardless
    irregardles
    irregardles
    irregardl
    irrigard
    irrigation
    colonic irrigation

now you're dying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I just got a flash back..I bet Im the only one who remembers Peggys Legs (sweet bars)..I hope eisy or Srameen are around or Im going to feel really old:(

What are you trying to incinerate?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    What are you trying to incinerate?:D
    :D:D Im surprised you want to bring up the word incinerate around here eisy..glutton for punishment.
    My TA was that I felt old and then I thought of you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Self-consciously "wacky" "characters", people who invariably have absolutely no sense of humour about themselves.

:D:D Im surprised you want to bring up the word incinerate around here eisy..glutton for punishment.
    My TA was that I felt old and then I thought of you:p

"I remember when this was all fields" (in aul Mr Brennan voice)

Kev W wrote: »
    Self-consciously "wacky" "characters", people who invariably have absolutely no sense of humour about themselves.

"Oh you know me, I'm mad, up for anything and I'm great craic"

No, you are not, you are just a gob****e..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I had to google that. But I'm still not sure!

Care to give some context or translation??

From my understanding it's become slang for your boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

fussyonion wrote: »
    Bitchiness in grown women.
    Approached some girls I've gotten to know from joining the gym and the way they looked at me today...it was as if they'd been talking about me.
    Then one woman proceeded to turn her back on me and talk to her friends.
    I felt like I was back in school and as a result, I feel quite down about it now.

Never feel down about the behaviour of kunts or let it get to you. It's much better to just pity immature cows like that, than to turn a negative experience inwards onto yourself. The ignoramuses probably aren't worthy of your friendship, so don't waste time worrying about it. They are merely projecting their own pathetic inadequacies onto you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

People who go straight from the sauna and jump into the swimming pool without showering off first.

Dirt-Monkeys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

People who go straight from the sauna and jump into the swimming pool without showering off first.

Dirt-Monkeys!

No way I am getting in that pool when I see that!

Dirt-Monkeys!

Pools/saunas/steam rooms must some of the most unhygienic places on the planet......the things I've seen.

Big signs all over the place. PLEASE SHOWER BEFORE USE, but no, you still see the dry people sneaking in. I have seen men washing swimming togs in the sink, which people use for shaving. I have seen a man use a hair dryer to dry his...well you know:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Every f*cking time I have to do "ladies things" in a public bathroom (and I try to avoid it as much as possible) the "hygienic" bin in the cubicle is over flowing and there is a horrible smell coming out of it - a smell so bad I can actually taste it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Every f*cking time I have to do "ladies things" in a public bathroom (and I try to avoid it as much as possible) the "hygienic" bin in the cubicle is over flowing and there is a horrible smell coming out of it - a smell so bad I can actually taste it!

And if you're extremely unlucky, the previous "person" will have left their ... offering... stuck to the opening of the bin for you to enjoy... blearg:mad:

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    And if you're extremely unlucky, the previous "person" will have left their ... offering... stuck to the opening of the bin for you to enjoy... blearg:mad:

You could take it out and bring to the Antiques Roadshow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

TA I was eating an orange until I read about tasting the overflowing bin

You could take it out and bring to the Antiques Roadshow....

Fan-tiques roadshow, surely? ;)

TA I was eating an orange until I read about tasting the overflowing bin

Was it a blood orange?

No, the Antiques Roadshow. They can tell you what period its from.

Boom boom:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Depends on what period in history it's from though whether it would qualify as a fantique or a fakebab...

EDIT: eisenberg beat me to it! :pac:

Was it a blood orange?

:D
    No, the Antiques Roadshow. They can tell you what period its from.

Boom boom:D

I should have seen that one coming. :o

Pools/saunas/steam rooms must some of the most unhygienic places on the planet......the things I've seen.

Big signs all over the place. PLEASE SHOWER BEFORE USE, but no, you still see the dry people sneaking in. I have seen men washing swimming togs in the sink, which people use for shaving. I have seen a man use a hair dryer to dry his...well you know:eek:

The fact that they have to put signs up with some of the most basic standards of common decency on them is truly depressing.

'Please do not shave in the Steam Room'

'Swimming attire must be worn at all times in the Sauna'

'Please wipe down exercise machines after use'

'Try to refrain from being a complete and utter cock while at the gym'

ok, I made up the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

razorblunt wrote: »
    The word "bae", I've only ever seen it used online, had one of the girls in work mention it during small talk in a meeting today.
    She's 38.

She should be sacked. Alternatively, tarred and feathered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Never feel down about the behaviour of kunts or let it get to you. It's much better to just pity immature cows like that, than to turn a negative experience inwards onto yourself. The ignoramuses probably aren't worthy of your friendship, so don't waste time worrying about it. They are merely projecting their own pathetic inadequacies onto you.

Aw thanks so much.

It's weird how much it affected me all day yesterday.
    I felt really isolated and I hadn't done anything wrong to these women.
    But today I feel better.

I thought we could all get fit together in the gym but some of these girls have been there longer and I think they feel they're way above me because I'm a beginner and am still trying to find my way around.
    Looks like I'll just do it alone, but that's alright.

I can do it on my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

TA that I'm sure I got an e-mail early this morning confirming an appointment for this week...but I can't find it anywhere!

I've checked my personal and work e-mails, even checked my text messages...nothing. All that's left is to phone them and ask if they did in fact send an e-mail, or if I am losing my mind and dreamt it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It didn't really annoy me, but it annoyed my local chipper owner (who I like), so guess it's near the same...

I went into the chipper over the weekend as a treat, and a woman ahead of me in the queue kept changing her order over the type of burger she was getting.
    She settled with a spice burger, but then started to ask about what percentage meat was in it!
    FFS woman!! It's a god damn chipper! Eat the delicious muck and don't think about it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Celtic Tiger apartments on the ground floor with a balcony.

Hotels that have panic buttons where there should be a light switch. I pressed it. Not good.

Menas wrote: »
    Hotels that have panic buttons where there should be a light switch. I pressed it. Not good.

I did that with a pull cord in the shower in the Royal Marine hotel a couple of years ago... Cue a duty manager knocking on my door to make sure I was OK and profuse apologies from me....

I did that with a pull cord in the shower in the Royal Marine hotel a couple of years ago... Cue a duty manager knocking on my door to make sure I was OK and profuse apologies from me....

At Dublin airport once my four year old son needed the toilet 'now'. So I snuck him in to the disabled loo. But he pulled the red chord. Caught rotten by the staff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When people lower the tone of conversations when you're trying to eat, talking about toilet humour and just gross Sh1t you don't want to hear about when having lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The wans on the news giving out about the cost of sending a child to school.
    Don't have kids if you can't afford them, and don't expect the taxpayer to foot the bill.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The wans on the news giving out about the cost of sending a child to school.
    Don't have kids if you can't afford them, and don't expect the taxpayer to foot the bill.

FFS grow up
    the cost of kids going to school is extortionate.
    A crested jumper can be many multiples of a standard tesco one
    If uniforms and books were cheaper it would be fine

People like you who think only the well off should have kids really piss me off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

arayess wrote: »
    FFS grow up
    the cost of kids going to school is extortionate.
    A created jumper can be many multiples of a standard tesco one
    If uniforms and books were cheaper it would be fine

People like you who think only the well off should have kids really piss me off

Don't have kids if you can't afford to rare them. Simples. Don't expect the rest of society to pay for your kids

I did that once as well at a hotel.

Immediately the phone rang.

"Is everything ok sir?"

"Yes, sorry I pulled the cord thinking it was a light switch"

"Are you quite sure sir?"

"Errr no, actually I just lied to you there and am currently lying on the floor having a stroke. Good job you double-checked that"

Quazzie wrote: »
    Don't have kids if you can't afford to rare them. Simples. Don't expect the rest of society to pay for your kids

don't expect those kids to pay your pension then.

Anyway if the schools had normal uniforms back to school wouldn't be expensive - that is the point which you missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I did that once as well at a hotel.

Immediately the phone rang.

"Is everything ok sir?"

"Yes, sorry I pulled the cord thinking it was a light switch"

"Are you quite sure sir?"

"Errr no, actually I just lied to you there and am currently lying on the floor having a stroke. Good job you double-checked that"

They ask are you sure in case you are being held at knife point or gun point and then you can say "NO" without raising alarm with the captor

Don't expect people to respect your opinion if you follow it up with "simples".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My fear of flying. I've flown 54 times in the last 4 years but the thoughts of flying tomorrow is making me so sick.

(On the good side, I get to see my little sister for the first time in 2 and a half months. I am super excited to see her :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod

Let's not get personal and please keep it civil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Speaking of pulling the wrong chord. This is unbelievably trivial, but I hate when I pull the wrong chord to either open or shut the wooden blinds and nothing happens. I've had the blinds for over five years now, you'd think I would know which was the right one to pull.

A smoker standing at the upwind end of the bus shelter when it's raining. As if it were a deliberate attempt to make sure everyone has to choose between staying dry and breathing his stinking smoke.

They ask are you sure in case you are being held at knife point or gun point and then you can say "NO" without raising alarm with the captor

Nope, it was more a mini-power trip by the receptionist to try and make sure you felt like a complete spa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Don't expect people to respect your opinion if you follow it up with "simples".

Unless you are a Russian meercat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement