Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People playing games on their phones on public transport. For Christ's sake your adults not 6 year olds. It really grates on my nerves listening to the noisy beeps and sounds of the games. Oh, and invititations to play Candy Crush, would people please fcuk right off and stop sending me those. I have zero interest in computer games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    But surely the TA is someone saying "random" when it is clearly not random, just strange. In which case, just say "That's strange", and save "random" for random stuff. No?

Yep I get that that's the TA :) Just I said something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

everlast75 wrote: »
    or "totally",

"OMG" or even worse
    "oh.. (big pause)..
    My.. (big pause)
    GOD!",

"totes" ..one I heard today "adorbs"! WTF!?

My all time hate is the word "like" being inserted 25 times in one sentence. FFS, take a breath, form a coherent sentence in your head and then execute it with normal intonation.

Christ!

(I feel better now thanks :) )

I actually heard someone once say, "O to the M to the G" - if I'd had a gun.... I wouldn't have wasted a good bullet on them....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Zippie84 wrote: »
    but... random in that context doesn't necessarily mean 'strange'? :p

Radioactive decay is random. Things on a street are not random.

People playing games on their phones on public transport. For Christ's sake your adults not 6 year olds. It really grates on my nerves listening to the noisy beeps and sounds of the games. Oh, and invititations to play Candy Crush, would people please fcuk right off and stop sending me those. I have zero interest in computer games.

yep. games on public transport etc can help pass the time, but for feck sake turn off the sounds etc.

Radioactive decay is random. Things on a street are not random.

yes... I agree... and I never said that they were :)

But surely the TA is someone saying "random" when it is clearly not random, just strange. In which case, just say "That's strange", and save "random" for random stuff. No?

It really is that easy...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,195 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I actually heard someone once say, "O to the M to the G" - if I'd had a gun.... I wouldn't have wasted a good bullet on them....

"O to the M to the G" to the A&E!

No, don't be silly :rolleyes: not remotely what was said :)

I can't keep up with your verbal gymnastics. I suspect...neither can you.

The slowing down of time between 17:00 and 17:30

• Advertisement

I can't keep up with your verbal gymnastics. I suspect...neither can you.

I can't keep up with you picking arguments with me on twisting things that I said into things that I didn't say... but there we go :rolleyes:

I can't keep up with you picking arguments with me on twisting things that I said into things that I didn't say... but there we go :rolleyes:

I believe it is you who is insisting on challenging me on every post I make, no? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

or "totally",

"OMG" or even worse
    "oh.. (big pause)..
    My.. (big pause)
    GOD!",

"totes" ..one I heard today "adorbs"! WTF!?

My all time hate is the word "like" being inserted 25 times in one sentence. FFS, take a breath, form a coherent sentence in your head and then execute it with normal intonation.

Christ!

(I feel better now thanks :) )

One of my three (adult) children was at this caper for a while. I think it is one the very rare occasions when one should be permitted to "physically enlighten" your children:D

Coffee/tea stains on the insides of mugs...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

I believe it is you who is insisting on challenging me on every post I make, no? :confused:

So much sexual tension. Guys, kiss already.

One of my three (adult) children was at this caper for a while. I think it is one the very rare occasions when one should be permitted to "physically enlighten" your children:D

It's just amazeballs that you would even consider corporal punishment in 2015 Eisenberg :P

So much sexual tension. Guys, kiss already.

I missed that memo :)

Zippie, let's start again?

as with everything in the world, I blame American "reality" TV :mad:

With us, it was Friends :) All of a sudden we all had "issues" - nobody ever had a f*cking "problem" anymore... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

With us, it was Friends :) All of a sudden we all had "issues" - nobody ever had a f*cking "problem" anymore... :p

I blame a lot of it on that fcuking "home and Away"

"Would you like to talk?"
    "Do you need to talk?"

"No, piss off and mind yer own business!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

I missed that memo :)

Zippie, let's start again?

Too late now. Zippie's fallen down the well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The slowing down of time between 17:00 and 17:30

On a Friday, this tends to lengthen from the period after lunch to around 17:30.
    :p

Too late now. Zippie's fallen down the well.

http://rutube.ru/video/77ab6e6cd573730dc220306e54d4a53f/

"Do you need to talk?"

Let's explore our feelings on this a little...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Tomorrow morning will find me entertaining 20 of my son's 6 year old friends at a soft play centre. That's 2 hours of my life I will never get back. I'll be scoping out potential hiding places as soon as I arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I blame a lot of it on that fcuking "home and Away"...

That program enraged me years ago. Alf Stewart used to go around in his massive Ute swigging from a Fosters can and handing out roots up the hole to any flamin' gallahs who were looking for it. Now it appears that some one of these little shíts with an Interesting Beard has Alf's knackers in a backpack and he's going around all fcukan Talky and Emotional, like a flamin' sheila! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Neither had they. It was a bunch of over-educated, pampered middle-class dorks playing at being grown up and spending their days figuring out if they wanted to ride each other or not. What a stupid program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

"O to the M to the G" to the A&E!

Or how about "O to the M to the G" to the mor-tu-ary!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Catfish. Some weirdos on that show. Some of the most annoying accents I've heard.
    Sometimes it's funny when they find the person. The best one being the big fat black gay fella, pretending to be a skinny white blonde girl. Or the one where yer wan could take out her eye. Some very strange people.
    The accents though, good lord, some of them are painful.
    "I phoned my mom on my cell, and I was like, whatever mom, like, you don't love me and, whatever, and like, so I called my boyfriend Chad, and we like, hung out and stuff and whatver, and then we ate some Jello, and like, then we made out"

Vel wrote: »
    Tomorrow morning will find me entertaining 20 of my son's 6 year old friends at a soft play centre. That's 2 hours of my life I will never get back. I'll be scoping out potential hiding places as soon as I arrive

Never mind the 2 hours...that shít will age you 2 years!:D

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Neither had they. It was a bunch of over-educated, pampered middle-class dorks playing at being grown up and spending their days figuring out if they wanted to ride each other or not. What a stupid program.

Lol, I think that was actually the blurb on the back of the box set :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What a way to go out!

I'd say you finally wore them out an won in the end ONW :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD We all know what happened with the last thread, if you where not a reader, here is a reminder on how that was closed off.
    Please remember this is not your personal Facebook newsfeed. Post your trivial annoyances and of course you may discuss them, but no chit chat and no flirting. Keep the cliqueyness (not a real word) out of it please and thank you. Personal digs will result in bans.

Let's not have this one closed and keep rolling with the annoyances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

"Do you need to talk?"

I used to love Home and Away as a teenager, but Jesus I firmly believe it's when this started is when the young uns started to get so lippy! Rack off, Mr. Fishaa! I used to be agog at the sheer cheek of them, and a bit envious too. I was a quiet young un :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Two meals for £8.99 when I'm dining on my own and it's about £7.50 for one meal. I get tempted to pull a stranger in from the street to ask them to share dinner and go halfers :P

Oh and 'two for the price of one desserts' but not quite as annoying, as hey I may just need to have two desserts instead of one. Wouldn't be so terrible would it?

I was running at lunch time, which made me hungry. TA that the hunger is caused by the running so that if I do eat - I'll just negate the run :confused: Also, lost some weight so far. not a huge amount, but enough that my running shorts are now too big so I've to get a smaller pair :(

Also TA that I now feel strangely obliged to validate every post by saying "this is a trivial annoyance". The thing should speak for itself. Like a f*ckin disclaimer in every post :(

Two meals for £8.99 when I'm dining on my own and it's about £7.50 for one meal. I get tempted to pull a stranger in from the street to ask them to share dinner and go halfers :P

Oh and 'two for the price of one desserts' but not quite as annoying, as hey I may just need to have two desserts instead of one. Wouldn't be so terrible would it?

Reminds me of the trivially annoying way that staff in "all you can eat" restaurants watch you all the time, with the obvious intention of making you feel incomfortable so that you don't go mad and start stuffing your face...

that irn bru and irn bru cans look so similar, and I so often get the wrong one by mistake.

at least coca-cola and diet coke have the decency to look very different so I don't make that mistake.

although on that note, have TWICE accidentally picked up a vanilla coca-cola instead of an ordinary coke as they were so similar, gulped it down and spewed it out... twice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

It's 4pm on a Friday. I'm bored and fed up, and don't want to do any more work. But I've training at 6/6.30, which is the opposite side of the college to where I live.
    Can't go home. Don't want to do any more study. Dunno what to do. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

that irn bru and irn bru cans look so similar, and I so often get the wrong one by mistake.

at least coca-cola and diet coke have the decency to look very different so I don't make that mistake.

although on that note, have TWICE accidentally picked up a vanilla coca-cola instead of an ordinary coke as they were so similar, gulped it down and spewed it out... twice!

Positively fiendish of them to have the same thing look the same

• Advertisement

dub_skav wrote: »
    Positively fiendish of them to have the same thing look the same

hehe oops yes, will motify it should've said 'irn bru' and 'sugar free irn bru'

My expectations are very high indeed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Watching the Leinster match on TG4 and not being able to understand the commentary. It's very excluding for those that don't speak Irish fluently. It makes me feel guilty for not being fluent. And the commentator's annoying voice goes right through my head! On the Welsh channel they apparently have the option to watch the match with English commentary. Wish we had it!

Annother annoyance : I can't seem to find a recipe online that is JUST a recipe anymore. It wrecks my head having to scroll through a bunch of bloggy bullsh*t (Mummy Dearest always used to bake these with love when I was little using Nanna Precious' special recipe - oh the memories! ) and a series of pictures of the food, displayed prettily. One picture will do. As for the writing I just want the ingredients and the method, please, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Thatllteachya

People of older age thinking they are a protected species that can skip any ****ing queue they like. I don't give a **** what age you are, have a bit of manners!

Errr, wet roads increase braking distances, esp heavy rain and after a long dry spell?
    Silver coloured cars.

Yup, you read that right. Silver coloured cars.

Plain, boring and currently ubiquitous.

No individuality. No imagination. Boring boring boring..

Silver coloured cars in the rain with no lights on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

This ad on boards is annoying me.
    343309.jpg
    In what universe will a tuned Toyota Yaris (Possibly Auris) keep up with a tuned Mustang?

bluewolf wrote: »
    Silver coloured cars in the rain with no lights on!

Even worse in fog. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This ad on boards is annoying me.
    343309.jpg
    In what universe will a tuned Toyota Yaris (Possibly Auris) keep up with a tuned Mustang?

When I'm on the work PC I get the Single Russian Girls ad and there is a Child Abuse Hotline ad too, they stay static too while you scroll so theres no way to get rid of them.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

When I'm on the work PC I get the Single Russian Girls ad and there is a Child Abuse Hotline ad too, they stay static too while you scroll so theres no way to get rid of them.

I usually get ads in Japanese (er.. I think..), warnings that my capital is at risk (I don't do stocks..) And invitations to Islam chat rooms! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Driving home earlier and the neighbour with his new 151 stopping so I have to pass him, im getting fairly sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

whiskeyman wrote: »
    TA: People who don't slow down when it's raining and who obviously haven't a clue about braking distances.

indeed :rolleyes:
    Fair enough. But it doesn't mean crawling at 40 mph or less either which was the point I was trying to make.
    And you can't overtake because of the fear of some bellend coming in the opposite direction with no lights on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement