Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

TA#1: last night my flat mate gave me a disgusting haircut, I look like one of those fellows up in court on the 9 o'clock news (now I know why they really cover their heads). I've cut my hair too short many times, somehow I always think it will turn out better next time.

TA#2: There's a really hot Lithuanian cleaner in my office who is a Mischa Barton lookalike, and she is always kind enough not to vomit when I flirt with her in the office kitchen.

Anyway, she didn't recognize me at first at then sternly she said, in your best, Russian bondgirl voice, "Why did you do this to your hair?" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why would you let your flat mate cut your hair???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Colser wrote: »
    Pull the teeth out of your head though:pac:

I actually recently chipped a tooth on a gobstopper. Now I need to get a filling and I hate needles...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA#1: last night my flat mate gave me a disgusting haircut, I look like one of those fellows up in court on the 9 o'clock news (now I know why they really cover their heads). I've cut my hair too short many times, somehow I always think it will turn out better next time.

TA#2: There's a really hot Lithuanian cleaner in my office who is a Mischa Barton lookalike, and she is always kind enough not to vomit when I flirt with her in the office kitchen.

Anyway, she didn't recognize me at first at then sternly she said, in your best, Russian bondgirl voice, "Why did you do this to your hair?" :mad:

For charity, always for charity.
    Then throw a charity a few notes to ease up on the guilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Pumpkin PJs Fan No.9

Threads created solely to piss and moan about the ****ing weather!

****ing ****!!

"**** ****ery ****ing Pumpkin!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Got charged double for a jar of coffee in Aldi near work yesterday. Only noticed when I got home when I was looking at the receipt for the market research I do. Today I forgot to bring the receipt in so I can ask for a refund, and I won't be in work again till Friday. :mad:. It's only 2.99 but I'm already overdrawn this week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

The amount of clothes the OH packs when we go on holiday for both herself and the kids.

I checked the suitcase she's packed for our 6 year old last night and she's put in 10 t-shirts for a 14 night stay!

We've got a washing machine in the apartment anyway so this seems beyond excessive.

Obviously I value my sexytime arrangements too much to dare question the amount of shoes she needs to bring with her - but I'm drawing the line at 10 t-shirts!

Thinking of taking half of them out without mentioning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

When there's a window open in the house and it makes a door rattle like crazy every few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The right hand side of my Chrome screen has disappeared and I cant scroll.Ive been trying to drag it to the left all morning but it wont move.I know f all about that kind of thing and its driving me around the twist:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The right hand side of my Chrome screen has disappeared and I cant scroll.Ive been trying to drag it to the left all morning but it wont move.I know f all about that kind of thing and its driving me around the twist:mad:

Turn it off and on again.

:)

Alternatively...Double-click the blank area on the tab strip.

• Advertisement

The amount of clothes the OH packs when we go on holiday for both herself and the kids.

I checked the suitcase she's packed for our 6 year old last night and she's put in 10 t-shirts for a 14 night stay!

We've got a washing machine in the apartment anyway so this seems beyond excessive.

Obviously I value my sexytime arrangements too much to dare question the amount of shoes she needs to bring with her - but I'm drawing the line at 10 t-shirts!

How can any man put that sentence and the word sexytime in the same post?:confused:
    I would have packed 14 (at least) btw:P

Menas wrote: »
    Turn it off and on again.

:)
    Ive tried all that:( I can drag the page up and down but it wont drag to the left to pull the page across..I can feel my blood pressure rising but Im trying to remain calm..its so bloody TAing.

Ive tried all that:( I can drag the page up and down but it wont drag to the left to pull the page across..I can feel my blood pressure rising but Im trying to remain calm..its so bloody TAing.

Are you sure it is not just your eye sight?:pac:

Are you sure it is not just your eye sight?:pac:
    Im sure..thanks anyway Menace:p
    TA people who kick you when youre down.

Im sure..thanks anyway Menace:p
    TA people who kick you when youre down.

You are welcome. How about Un-install and resintalling chrome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

People (e.g. work colleagues or friends you don't see that often) who assume you know their entire family or other friends' names after they mention them to you once at some point in the past. Then every time forever you meet them they start talking about "Mary" and "Joe" etc like you're meant to remember who these people are (as opposed to "my sister Mary" or "Joe who I work with").

I have enough trouble remembering my own friends/family names without having to remember all of theirs too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Your OH has in fact, under-packed! There should be 14 shirts for 14 days!!

ratmouse wrote: »
    Your OH has in fact, under-packed! There should be 14 shirts for 14 days!!

And a few spares. Got to plan for the worst case scenario which is that the washing machine does not work and the kids make a holy mess of themselves - top to toe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Daith

Are you going to be washing and drying the clothes?

• Advertisement

When wearing your glasses and looking at a screen and you can see a smear or piece of dirt on the glasses. You try ignore it's there but in the end have to get something to clean the glasses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I said I'd meet my wife and the young lad for a swim this afternoon, just out now and I'm sore as... so much for swimming supposed to be good for you, I'm in bits! Definitely pushed myself too hard.

Also TA that I lost the side bar out of my sunglasses in the changing rooms and now I have to go get another pair.

I'm supposed to be giving blood this evening but I'm not sure will I be able to do it now unless my body has some sort of a miraculous recovery in the meantime and heals itself.

I'm really not taking too well to all these "lifestyle changes", and then my wife is talking about me going swimming twice or three times a week... :eek:

Whatever dear... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

^^^
    It always annoyed me that I can't give blood due to having lived in England as a small child. Seemingly I may have mad cow disease or something. I always liked the idea of the snacks afterwards. Seriously though, it's such an important thing to do, I wish I could :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Being still hungover/not right since Sunday night :(:(

It's just not worth it :/

73Cat wrote: »
    ^^^
    It always annoyed me that I can't give blood due to having lived in England as a small child. Seemingly I may have mad cow disease or something. I always liked the idea of the snacks afterwards. Seriously though, it's such an important thing to do, I wish I could :(
    Its a great thing to do. But the last couple of times I donated, I got weaknesses afterwards (and had to lie down on a cot with screens around me) and have now been excluded from giving blood for a bit. I must check with them soon to see if I can start again. Probably all that was needed was a good lunch beforehand.
    The weaknesses were a horrible sensation, facial sweating, nausea, everything. I also miss the bottles of old school Guinness they used to give people in the 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Being still hungover/not right since Sunday night :(:(

It's just not worth it :/

Too much blood in your alcohol system

• Advertisement

73Cat wrote: »
    ^^^

Same here.:mad:
    Lived in the UK during the mad cow years. Check!
    Traveled to the asia and the far east in the last few years. Check!

They dont even get to the 'risky lifestyle' questions before showing me the door.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Its a great thing to do. But the last couple of times I donated, I got weaknesses afterwards (and had to lie down on a cot with screens around me) and have now been excluded from giving blood for a bit. I must check with them soon to see if I can start again. Probably all that was needed was a good lunch beforehand.
    The weaknesses were a horrible sensation, facial sweating, nausea, everything. I also miss the bottles of old school Guinness they used to give people in the 90s.

That weakness/fainting feeling is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Same here.:mad:
    Lived in the UK during the mad cow years. Check!
    Traveled to the asia and the far east in the last few years. Check!

They dont even get to the 'risky lifestyle' questions before showing me the door.

"And have you handled a monkey or their bodily fluid?"

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Rhesus Christ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

When you attempt to break off about a foot of dental floss, miss the little metal hook and end up pulling off an extra metre. :(

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Rhesus Christ! :D

As I tick off the boxes on the donation form, I alway think thatbI lead a very dull and unexciting life.

No drugs, no sex where money exchanges hands, haven't lived overseas, no new tattoos or piercings....

And when asked did I ever have sex with in a prison, I have been tempted to reply "what, do you mean thru the bars?":eek:

No sex where money exchanges hands,

EVERYBODY has paid for it at some stage...just not necessarily cash.

Joey, have you ever been in a... in a Turkish prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Papercut. How can they be so fuppin sore. Wah!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Today is my birthday and I have to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Kev W wrote: »
    Don't expect people to respect your opinion if you follow it up with "simples".

Amen. I just switch off when idiots come out with that idiotic phrase.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Samsgirl wrote: »

Few years ago, heading to work one day, Beastie Boys Fight for your Right came on the radio and I realised it was my birthday.

That was depressing.

There's a 71.4% chance that most people have to work on their birthdays.

On the upside, you won't get any homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

People who park in family parking spots in shopping centres and are driving a van or have no kids in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Una Mulally seems to be on the cusp of launching a gender equality tirade on twitter soon.
    She's been complaining about the lack of female acts at festivals in ireland recently.
    I'm not exactly sure if she's in favour of gender quotas or acts being invited for the sake of it.

TA'd to the extent I've unfollowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Daith

razorblunt wrote: »
    Una Mulally seems to be on the cusp of launching a gender equality tirade on twitter soon.
    She's been complaining about the lack of female acts at festivals in ireland recently.
    I'm not exactly sure if she's in favour of gender quotas or acts being invited for the sake of it.

TA'd to the extent I've unfollowed.

Snap!

Complaining that there aren't bands at a festival youd like to see is fine. Complaining because there's no gender balance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Happy Birthday! I hope you can enjoy the evening once you finish work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

dizzy rascals , girls but also lads these days that are so wrapped up in their appearance that they forget they have a brain and possibly a personality they can work on instead of looking in the mirror all day. Not easy to have a decent conversation with these types like omg etc :)

Ah I have to add my very very trivial annoyance today. I was nearly finished a puzzle and then I realised that pieces were missing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Well shur Happy Birthday anyway!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TA that I revisited the Muff thread earlier. Now all I can see, hear and think about is muff.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People who park in family parking spots in shopping centres and are driving a van or have no kids in the car.

I have kids..... at home, does that not count??
    Seen one a few weeks ago left her dog in the car and said that's my baby, when an old guy was giving her "the look" he gave her a different look after she said that,
    Lidl in Portarlington is totally ignored so is the disabled, a guy who drives his big Merc parks in either disabled or family so no one parks too close.

TA that I revisited the Muff thread earlier. Now all I can see, hear and think about is muff.:(

Is that a thread about Muff? Or maybe ye know..."muff" ?

It's a daily struggle of mine too, life is hard, all you need is muff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

It's my birthday too :eek: but I'm not working. I am, however, currently feeling sick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement