Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Crumpets wrote: »
    It's my birthday too :eek: but I'm not working. I am, however, currently feeling sick

Happy Birthday to you too, and I hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

People treating death and tragedy as some sort of tacky competition. "yeah I know that girl was raped and murdered, but what about the X bombings?" and complaining about uneven news coverage.

"cheeky" people. People who take the piss, take liberties and take advantage of other's kindness, to push the boundaries and see how much they get away with. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I thought I had a rogue computer connected to my wi fi network, so I changed the password and then had to change all the devices I have, one of which is kind of awkward to do.

Just there now as it's getting dark, I noticed a light glowing on my new(ish) work laptop, it wasn't shut down properly and was connected to my wifi....I didn't recognise it on the network aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Today is my birthday and I have to work.

Have a good one anyway.

It's my birthday too :eek: but I'm not working. I am, however, currently feeling sick

Birthday and get well wishes your way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Happy Birthday! Hope u feel better v soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Watching a previously innocent TV series with my dad in the room, then a 'naughty' scene comes on. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People repeating themselves.
    "Was I telling you I saw (insert name) in Dunnes the other day?"
    Me: "Yeah you were saying."
    "Yeah I saw her and..(proceeds to repeat story)".

You told me. I told you you told me. Don't tell me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

When I forget about the yeasty sediment at the bottom of my homemade beer, and just toss it right in there on top of the nice tasting beer.

Drink ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

NOS3 wrote: »
    Watching a previously innocent TV series with my dad in the room, then a 'naughty' scene comes on. :o
    This happens to me every week when my parents call:mad:
    I even started putting on those Prime Time kinda programs but even they were about sex trades or something every time.
    I put on Mrs.Brown and sitting there with my mam while Mrs. B.put condoms on her arms was awkward.My Dad and my ex used to break their arses laughing and commenting at what ever came on but my mother was poker faced and I couldnt relax(at my age:rolleyes:).
    I try to keep them in the kitchen now when they call:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

A teabag leaking tea leaves and the tea is made before you realise. I do realise what this sounds like but it is a genuine post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

skirtgirl wrote: »
    A teabag leaking tea leaves and the tea is made before you realise. I do realise what this sounds like but it is a genuine post!

What does it sound like? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

DareGod wrote: »
    What does it sound like? :confused:

The most first worldian of the problems?

Papercut. How can they be so fuppin sore. Wah!:eek:

I was reading about this recently, and here's your answer:

"First, because we use them so often for tactile testing, our fingers are coated with an extremely high concentration of nocireceptors, or nerve fibers that send touch and pain signals to the brain. This makes fingers especially sensitive our "Achilles' heels" when it comes to rifling through papers.

As for paper itself, it's the perfect battleax. Sharp-edged enough to break skin, but too blunt to make a clean cut, paper carves through fingers like a dull, jagged saw. It doesn't cut deep, but this only makes matters worse: it keeps the blade riding high, at surface level, where nocireceptors that send the sharpest type of pain signals are typically concentrated.

Even worse, shallow cuts don't bleed much, so they don't readily clot and seal. Instead they remain open, exposing nerves to the air for a protracted length of time.

They just keep on stinging."

Source: http://www.livescience.com/33371-paper-cuts-worst-kind-pain.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Annoyed at myself for letting stupid small things get to me so much.
    Annoyed at myself for having a sleep on the sofa from 7 - 9, and now I'm wide awake in the bed.
    The stupidity of some people, a lad I know would go hungry to have the latest phone, 35 megapixeljpeggigaroms, I don't care, it's only a phone.
    Dogs barking at nothing.
    People who fidget, and can't sit down or sit still.

Gimps on social media leaving messages/statements directed at, eh, a country or location. E.g. "London let's be having you" ??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

TA annoyed that I can't sleep and I now have an even less chance of sleep since I logged in.:(

TA at how I always wait until about 2-3 weeks before I go on holidays to decide to eat healthily and get in shape, instead of doing so a lot earlier in advance. How do I always think that I will have a Bond girl bikini body in a matter of 2 weeks?!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

News reporters who pronounce issues as iss-use instead of ish-oos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Seagulls roaring at 5am.....FFS!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Seagulls roaring at 5am.....FFS!!!!! :mad:
    As youre there kfallon I have a bone to pick with you, a major TA if Im honest..;)
    Remember weeks ago when this thread was in the toilet and you mentioned King Kongs finger,well I cant get it out of my head.I hate public loos,even in work I have to be badly stuck to use them but now Im paranoid in case I see a huge finger and even if I think about it I feel like gagging.
    Sorry to mention this so early in the morning but Im actually slightly traumatised since and felt I needed to get it off my chest.:D(I genuinely have a very weak stomach)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that you brought that up and reminded me of that image....eugh!

Colser wrote: »
    As youre there kfallon I have a bone to pick with you, a major TA if Im honest..;)
    Remember weeks ago when this thread was in the toilet and you mentioned King Kongs finger,well I cant get it out of my head.I hate public loos,even in work I have to be badly stuck to use them but now Im paranoid in case I see a huge finger and even if I think about it I feel like gagging.
    Sorry to mention this so early in the morning but Im actually slightly traumatised since and felt I needed to get it off my chest.:D(I genuinely have a very weak stomach)

I apologise! :D

Nothing worse tho, when it happens once, you'll never forget it. We've all done the walk, you're going into the traps for a 'sit down' but the last 3 or 4 steps into the cubicle you do it on your tippy-toes to try get a look into the bowl to make sure it's not like a minature 'Hiroshima' before you go thru the cubicle door. If it is like down town Beirut you quickly divert into the cubicle next door and then ponder, when sat on the throne, what kind of diet the person who made the mess was on to create that abomination :pac:

Menas wrote: »
    TA that you brought that up and reminded me of that image....eugh!
    I do apologise Menas but it true and had to be said..people need to be aware of the long term affects of their posts:D
    BTW I ran into a garage after work recently and when I went to use my laser card I realised that I had the wrong card(similar in colour but its a work card).Anyway I ran out to the car to get the other one and held up the queue at the counter,that didnt bother much tbh but my big fear was that someone on here might be in the queue and I was TAing them.Then I was TAed that I actually even thought about that:confused:

I apologise! :D

Nothing worse tho, when it happens once, you'll never forget it. We've all done the walk, you're going into the traps for a 'sit down' but the last 3 or 4 steps into the cubicle you do it on your tippy-toes to try get a look into the bowl to make sure it's not like a minature 'Hiroshima' before you go thru the cubicle door. If it is like down town Beirut you quickly divert into the cubicle next door and then ponder, when sat on the throne, what kind of diet the person who made the mess was on to create that abomination :pac:
    Oh Jesus..Im actually laughing and gagging here..Why cant they invent something that takes away the smell immediately,I mean we can send people to outer space and yet we have to endure that kind of torture:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Colser, now you have me wondering what happens to a "King Kongs Finger" when an astronaut drops one?

And also, did King Kong bite his nails?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Colser, now you have me wondering what happens to a "King Kongs Finger" when an astronaut drops one?

Just like when a person on earth drops one, I can tell you what doesn't happen to King Kong's Finger....it doesn't effin' flush!!! :mad: :pac:

Just like when a person on earth drops one, I can tell you what doesn't happen to King Kong's Finger....it doesn't effin' flush!!! :mad: :pac:

Yes, but the astronaut does it in his suit:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

British Olympian and Quorn spokesman Mo Farah's voice. It's so gurgly and throaty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Trivially annoyed at my ex-GF's trivial annoyance. We went through a sudden break up about a month ago (she done the dumping) and a couple of weeks ago I was taking to her friend on FB and in confidence just asked her how the ex was getting on etc, was there any under-lining issue that caused her to break us up and whatever. She promised to keep what we discussed between us (no major reveals, more so me just looking for advice)

In the meantime, a random girl sent me a message on POF last night, who had as her profile pic a picture of herself and the ex. Was good friends with her and I automatically jumped to the conclusion that she was spying on me (paranoid or what haha)

Got a viber from the ex in the wee hours when I was asleep telling me to go on FB immediately. Basically she told me not to talk about us to her friends again. I thought she was referring to her POF friend but it turns out her other one squealed like a pig. So much for confidentiality anyway.

Anyway, after me wholeheartedly apologising and promising it won't happen again, she subsequently informed me she doesn't want to talk to me anymore and wants to end all ties.

You'd swear I rode either of her friends like. Talk about an over-reaction. I was genuinely just looking out for her. Taking a break from this courting lark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

u ok hun

u ok hun

Don wanna tlk bou it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

o much for confidentiality anyway.

Anyway, after me wholeheartedly apologising and promising it won't happen again, she subsequently informed me she doesn't want to talk to me anymore and wants to end all ties.

Thats the worst bit IMO, not been 'allowed' to talk to her and explain yourself. Totally rules out been friends with her which is sad.
    But anyway, give it time, dust yourself off and get back in the saddle.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yes, but the astronaut does it in his suit:eek:

Sure we've all done it in our suit at some stage or another......

:pac:

Toilet roll that is of quite good quality but is so thick, with so many fibres that a kind of dust comes off it. Toilet roll that is as soft as a young feline comes to mind!

• Advertisement

Got a viber from the ex in the wee hours when I was asleep telling me to go on FB immediately. Basically she told me not to talk about us to her friends again. I thought she was referring to her POF friend but it turns out her other one squealed like a pig. So much for confidentiality anyway.

Does she realise that you're allowed to talk to whomever you want about whatever you want, and that she doesn't actually get a say in it?

Also her friend sounds like a c**t.

Does she realise that you're allowed to talk to whomever you want about whatever you want, and that she doesn't actually get a say in it?

She doesn't realise it. Which is annoying in itself.

Agree with the second part as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

She doesn't realise it. Which is annoying in itself.

Agree with the second part as well

You sound better off without her anyway
    POF will sort you out.

arayess wrote: »
    You sound better off without her anyway
    POF will sort you out.

Here fishy fishy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

DareGod wrote:

DareGod wrote:

You're better off out of it all and cutting ties with everyone involved.

A mass decunting.

• Advertisement

Here fishy fishy :D
    Well that was a quick recovery:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else ;)

You know what men are like..

"Recovery from what..."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I was reading about this recently, and here's your answer:

"First, because we use them so often for tactile testing, our fingers are coated with an extremely high concentration of nocireceptors, or nerve fibers that send touch and pain signals to the brain. This makes fingers especially sensitive our "Achilles' heels" when it comes to rifling through papers.

As for paper itself, it's the perfect battleax. Sharp-edged enough to break skin, but too blunt to make a clean cut, paper carves through fingers like a dull, jagged saw. It doesn't cut deep, but this only makes matters worse: it keeps the blade riding high, at surface level, where nocireceptors that send the sharpest type of pain signals are typically concentrated.

Even worse, shallow cuts don't bleed much, so they don't readily clot and seal. Instead they remain open, exposing nerves to the air for a protracted length of time.

They just keep on stinging."

Source: http://www.livescience.com/33371-paper-cuts-worst-kind-pain.html

I'll show this to the OH and maybe she won't call me a wimp when i complain about them in future ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

Is there a really bitchy strain of the cold virus going around at the moment, had this for nearly 3 weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

The way my wife and her sister talk about (and to) their younger brother.

"I must remind him to print out the boarding pass"
    "How will he get back home from the airport?"
    "Did you hear if the flight got in on time?"

He's 33 FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

LiamHam82 wrote: »
    Is there a really bitchy strain of the cold virus going around at the moment, had this for nearly 3 weeks now.

Yes - well at least I have one for the last 10 days, and a couple of times I thought it was almost gone but it revved up again.

I rarely get colds so it's almost beyond TA at this stage.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

When you forget to top up your electricity meter. Cue turning on the reserves and rushing to get the code and then messing up entering it in. All while being half asleep :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rebellion

they way they play that song from the culture club on the radio 15 times a week and i know nobody who likes it, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HURT ME...agggghhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Rushing around all morning and trying to get home because you're expecting guests. Only for them not to show up or even call to say they're not coming.

After a quick gym work-out this morning, even quicker shower and leaving said gym with wet hair because I'd no time to dry it, I practically sprinted around the supermarket to pick up things for lunch.

Got home, threw everything in the cupboard, prepared some sandwiches, gave the house a quick clean and had been on edge for hours, looking out the window to see if they were coming.
    But they never showed.

I texted them and they replied "Ah no we'll leave it today."
    And I've got a plate of curly sandwiches and a headache :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement