Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

Joe dot.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Counter staff who say "when you're ready", especially in McDonald's. Very rude and annoying to hear this when you've been waiting in the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I'll show this to the OH and maybe she won't call me a wimp when i complain about them in future ;)

Maybe print it out and "accidentally" give her a paper cut when handing it to her :P

The way my wife and her sister talk about (and to) their younger brother.

"I must remind him to print out the boarding pass"
    "How will he get back home from the airport?"
    "Did you hear if the flight got in on time?"

He's 33 FFS!

Maybe he's an idiot.
    Maybe they're controlling.
    Maybe he's an idiot coz they've always done everything for him.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Rushing around all morning and trying to get home because you're expecting guests. Only for them not to show up or even call to say they're not coming.

After a quick gym work-out this morning, even quicker shower and leaving said gym with wet hair because I'd no time to dry it, I practically sprinted around the supermarket to pick up things for lunch.

Got home, threw everything in the cupboard, prepared some sandwiches, gave the house a quick clean and had been on edge for hours, looking out the window to see if they were coming.
    But they never showed.

I texted them and they replied "Ah no we'll leave it today."
    And I've got a plate of curly sandwiches and a headache :(

Well now, they can leave it till hell freezes over! I wouldn't be having them around again after that carry on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

ratmouse wrote: »
    TA at how I always wait until about 2-3 weeks before I go on holidays to decide to eat healthily and get in shape, instead of doing so a lot earlier in advance. How do I always think that I will have a Bond girl bikini body in a matter of 2 weeks?!

Nobody cares or is looking at you love, they are too busy looking at themselves!

Enjoy life, a bikini is an atoll in the South Pacific.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Looking for somewhere to live, rings up apartment owner, conversation as follows:

'Loads of people are ringing, I can't have everyone turn up you know.'
    Me: 'So it's ok if I come at that time then?'
    'Well there's one guy who told me he wants the place already, he's really interested.'
    Me: 'Sure I'm interested too, and so are all the other people I presume.'
    'Look I'll be straight with you, I got on very well with one woman on the phone who's coming with her son and I'm giving it to her.
    Me:'Why then are you having viewings when you've no intention of giving the place to any of us and how can two people live in a one bed flat?'
    'It's just for her but you can come to look if you want, it's your own choice.'
    Me: 'WTF.' (To myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Counter staff who say "when you're ready", especially in McDonald's. Very rude and annoying to hear this when you've been waiting in the queue.

How about when you've waited patiently in a McD queue for almost 40min (in France) and when it's your turn the manager walks over to the till and says, "TILL CLOSED, join another", (just had a goo for a big Mac),
    my O.H questioned him, he told her to just go to back of Q, I had never heard her curse before. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

eternal wrote: »
    Looking for somewhere to live, rings up apartment owner, conversation as follows:

'Loads of people are ringing, I can't have everyone turn up you know.'
    Me: 'So it's ok if I come at that time then?'
    'Well there's one guy who told me he wants the place already, he's really interested.'
    Me: 'Sure I'm interested too, and so are all the other people I presume.'
    'Look I'll be straight with you, I got on very well with one woman on the phone who's coming with her son and I'm giving it to her.
    Me:'Why then are you having viewings when you've no intention of giving the place to any of us and how can two people live in a one bed flat?'
    'It's just for her but you can come to look if you want, it's your own choice.'
    Me: 'WTF.' (To myself)

The reality is there's probably one other person interested and they're trying to hurry you. say you heard from a friend the place is badly insulated and the noise from the street can be quite bad at times, it applies to pretty much every apartment and it'll change the conversation from when are you putting your deposit down to when can you come and have a look to see if it isn't that bad. they'll even hold the door open for you and call you sir

• Advertisement

I'll take your word for it, but it's impossible to find places right now and her attitude was brutal. It'll be gone within the hour in the morning probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The way my wife and her sister talk about (and to) their younger brother.

"I must remind him to print out the boarding pass"
    "How will he get back home from the airport?"
    "Did you hear if the flight got in on time?"

He's 33 FFS!

is he the youngest, the 'baby brother''? if so then it could be that he's probably fine, the ladies just feel he needs to be ''looked after''. It's one of the curses of being the youngest sometimes. The elder siblings think you're a naïve child in need of guidance just because you're the 'baby'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Those businessy ads you usually see on Sky News, Euro News etc, for airlines...where they have these soft/soothing images of flight travel and 6* hotel-like service, and the narrator with some oddly globalised accent says something like "While the sun is setting over Abu Dhabi, you are preparing for settling in for the night." Or some other ****e.

Hate those ads!

KungPao wrote: »
    Those businessy ads you usually see on Sky News, Euro News etc, for airlines...where they have these soft/soothing images of flight travel and 6* hotel-like service, and the narrator with some oddly globalised accent says something like "While the sun is setting over Abu Dhabi, you are preparing for settling in for the night." Or some other ****e.

Hate those ads!

All they do is remind me how poor I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Nobody cares or is looking at you love, they are too busy looking at themselves!

Enjoy life, a bikini is an atoll in the South Pacific.

I know that but I never mentioned about being worried what others think or who else might care. I care. TAd at being addressed as "love" :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭crybaby

I texted them and they replied "Ah no we'll leave it today."And I've got a plate of curly sandwiches and a headache(

Only people I would allow get away with that behaviour are my parents, you really should have given them a bit of stick.

• Advertisement

''dont ever call a girl fat.''

''never hit a woman.''

dont be calling ANYONE FAT or hitting ANYONE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Robsweezie wrote: »
    is he the youngest, the 'baby brother''? if so then it could be that he's probably fine, the ladies just feel he needs to be ''looked after''. It's one of the curses of being the youngest sometimes. The elder siblings think you're a naïve child in need of guidance just because you're the 'baby'.

Yeah - he's the youngest.

They have this weird kind of habit of feeling sorry for him all the time.
    They're always saying 'Poor Joey this' or Poor Joey that'

He's got a wife, a kid, a house, a job and is healthy and happy from what I can make out.

Not getting the weird constant sympathy vibe they have for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I bought Tesco's version of Fruit 'n' Fibre yesterday (there was a difference of over €4 between Tesco's and Kellogg's).

I thought it would be exactly the same, as I've often bought Tesco products that were exactly the same as the brand name.

But wow, do not buy Tesco's Fruit 'n' Fibre!
    I poured a bowl this morning and got NO FRUIT. NO NUTS, NOTHING.
    Just those brown flakes.

Here's a pic of my bowl: http://tinypic.com/r/mm8whh/8

I had a look through the bag and saw two pieces of banana.

Poured a few bowls to check and I was so amazed that there was virtually no fruit in the whole box!
    No wonder it only cost €1.79 for a 750g box.

Back to Kellogg's with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

BYOB (bring your own berries)

Yeah - he's the youngest.

They have this weird kind of habit of feeling sorry for him all the time.
    They're always saying 'Poor Joey this' or Poor Joey that'

He's got a wife, a kid, a house, a job and is healthy and happy from what I can make out.

Not getting the weird constant sympathy vibe they have for him.

it could well be a patronising superiority thing. if you ever watch the kardashians ( i dip in and out to see what all the fuss is about) the sisters all rally around rob and treat him like he's some sort of burden or train wreck, him being the youngest. he does appear a bit troubled to be fair.

that sort of dynamic is frustrating for the youngest and I've heard it can extend to adulthood. They still see the baby brother/sister.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Insomnia. I only get it when away from home. Have had a total of 12 hours sleep in the last three nights. I normally get eight a night!
    Time to see the doctor and get some sleeping tablets before the next trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

the precocious child in the AIB mortgage commericals....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I bought Tesco's version of Fruit 'n' Fibre yesterday (there was a difference of over €4 between Tesco's and Kellogg's).

I thought it would be exactly the same, as I've often bought Tesco products that were exactly the same as the brand name.

But wow, do not buy Tesco's Fruit 'n' Fibre!
    I poured a bowl this morning and got NO FRUIT. NO NUTS, NOTHING.
    Just those brown flakes.

Here's a pic of my bowl: http://tinypic.com/r/mm8whh/8

I had a look through the bag and saw two pieces of banana.

Poured a few bowls to check and I was so amazed that there was virtually no fruit in the whole box!
    No wonder it only cost €1.79 for a 750g box.

Back to Kellogg's with me.

Tesco can be a bit hit and miss sometimes. The Supervalu fruit and fibre is really good, though. Lots of dried apple, raisins, dried banana and coconut in every bowl. I think it's around the same price as the Tesco one as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

People who say to me in a slightly patronising voice "God you can't be as busy/stressed/pressurised as I am, you have no family".

Yes I do. No, not children whom you seem to think are the only things that qualify as family. I've a family, some of whom are older than me and whom I look after. Yes sometimes I'm busy/stressed/pressurised because of that but I don't choose to play the martyr card like you seem to , at every opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Radio5 wrote: »
    People who say to me in a slightly patronising voice "God you can't be as busy/stressed/pressurised as I am, you have no family".

Yes I do. No, not children whom you seem to think are the only things that qualify as family. I've a family, some of whom are older than me and whom I look after. Yes sometimes I'm busy/stressed/pressurised because of that but I don't choose to play the martyr card like you seem to , at every opportunity.

and people who are constantly taking time off work because their kids had *an emergency* . If employers condone this, they should at least allow people who look after elderly parents the same leeway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

and people who are constantly taking time off work because their kids had *an emergency* . If employers condone this, they should at least allow people who look after elderly parents the same leeway.

totally agree with you on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Robsweezie wrote: »
    People treating death and tragedy as some sort of tacky competition. "yeah I know that girl was raped and murdered, but what about the X bombings?" and complaining about uneven news coverage.

I hate that and I think it's exclusively an Irish thing.

Mourner A: "Tis terrible what happened to Paddy, he only found out a week before he died."

Mourner B: "Ah shure look at poor oul Mickey Joe, didn't he go and die of cancer before he was even born."

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

When you're walking down the street and a cyclist swerves around pedestrians. He almost cycled into my friend and I and a good few people in front of me. Watch out like. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

DareGod wrote: »
    Maybe print it out and "accidentally" give her a paper cut when handing it to her :P

Janey mac! I'd have to get my health insurance all paid up before I try a trick like that :pac:

Disgusting people leaving toilets in an awful state.

I was in the gym today and went into a cubicle.
    Saw a sanitary towel on the floor and the wrappers on the toilet seat.
    The thing is, I've seen the cleaners in this gym and they work tirelessly to keep the changing room/toilets clean; they're always cleaning and I saw one flushing the toilets yesterday because obviously people didn't bother.

What the hell possesses people to treat public toilets like this?
    It's disgusting and there's no need for it.
    I wouldn't dream of leaving a toilet like that.

Also, the amount of girls who leave the cubicle and don't wash their hands...I mean, it takes two minutes ffs!

I was doing my make-up the other day and a girl exited the cubicle, spotted I was across at the sink, and turned and THEN washed her hands.
    She had no intention of washing her hands until she spotted me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

More than trivially annoyed by the fact that I finally set up my printer today and my mother proceeded to badger me to print out about 50+ pages of crochetting patterns. Woman, do you have ANY idea how expensive printer ink is?! DO YOU?!
    I hate sharing my gadgets as they inadvertedly end up getting borked by inexperienced hands. Yet if I say this aloud, I get called a "selfish bitch".
    Urrrrrrrrrrgh.

Tesco NOT Tescos or Tesco's.
    Lidl NOT lidls or Lidl's
    Aldi NOT Aldis or Aldi's

aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhh.
    and breath...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

selous wrote: »
    Lidl NOT lidls or Lidl's
    Aldi NOT Aldis or Aldi's

aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhh.
    and breath...

breathe NOT breath

I suffocated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

My uncles wife trivally annoyes me and beyond. She treats everyone like they are remedial or something. And questions my mother intensively and pries way too much. "Is mud mask working yet?", " What did mudmask's sister pay for her house?". How can people be so blatenly rude and noisy? I've been in college and am planning on continuing straight into a masters so I've it done with, but this is deemed ridiculous in her opinion as I should be working full time :(

im gonna add to the hate for public toilets here, nowadays I just open door handles with my sleeve or a piece of tissue, no contact with anything in there. its all literally gone to sh!t. I don't know how anyone can actually sit on those seats when they're no.2ing, surely its squatting all the way. I don't trust other people's hygiene standards enough to be wholly comfortable inside a public toilet. find me one with a bowl that isn't decorated with skid marks, and i'll give you my right arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

selous wrote: »
    Lidl NOT lidls or Lidl's
    Aldi NOT Aldis or Aldi's

aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhh.
    and breath...

Dunnes?:eek:

I'm sorry to break it you thread.
    I'm the one rustling and shuffling in my handbag at the cashier's desk, I'm the one who packs bags
    at the check out at Lidl holding everyone up making sure every bag is properly fixed right.
    You see the driver who can't boot it up the steep hill? Yes, that's me.
    I am your living nightmare, the ghost who haunts your dreams.

'And they tell their friends and they tell their friends and they tell their friends...' Arrrgggghhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

TAed that my six year old is asking so many questions. What's the difference between a moon and a planet? Why is Pluto not a planet? How was the universe created? Also secretly proud but if he could just lay off for a day, I would really appreciate it. Goddamned educational programmes, what's wrong with cartoons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

TA that I had to get up early today. I want my bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Sites that have advertisements with audio on them....always takes me a while to figure out what the noise is..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

All last evening there was a blue bottle so big that it must need to get flight clearance to take off and land, recreating his favourite scenes from top gun just above my head. And me too lazy to get up and sort the big blue hellion out :mad:

All last evening there was a blue bottle so big that it must need to get flight clearance to take off and land, recreating his favourite scenes from top gun just above my head. And me too lazy to get up and sort the big blue hellion out :mad:

I mowed the lawns yesterday. Every time I got near a hedge, I was absolutely swarmed with flies. It was like the fourth fcuking plague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Since it was such a nice day yesterday we went for a spin to the JFK Arbotetum. We got sandwiches and drinks from the cafe, and sat outside. Oh my God , the f*cking wasps were dive bombing us, landing on our plates etc. My mother is terrified of them, and was jumping up and shrieking every two seconds. The teenager sat there with a face like a slapped arse. Three year old was choking laughing at the whole scenario:). I'm more of an ignore them and hope they f*ck off type. The wasps that is. It was too much effort to pile everything back on trays and carry it back into the cafe, so lunch was inhaled :(

I will never get back the 5 minutes I have just lost watching the start of Police Academy 3. What rubbish! To think that there were 8 movies in the series.

• Advertisement

galljga1 wrote: »
    I mowed the lawns yesterday. Every time I got near a hedge, I was absolutely swarmed with flies. It was like the fourth fcuking plague.

Flies in my part of the country are more psychotic. Once I get near a tree line I get swarmed also, but then 3 or 4 of them will follow me everywhere no matter where I go. The little b@stards will just dive bomb my head and seem desperate to fly into my ears. I've often had to leave the garden for a couple of hours because they just drive me nuts. Thankfully I have no neighbours living near me, otherwise they'd probably think I was crazy as I frenziedly swipe at thin air shouting out every expletive under the sun.:(

Flies in my part of the country are more psychotic. Once I get near a tree line I get swarmed also, but then 3 or 4 of them will follow me everywhere no matter where I go. The little b@stards will just dive bomb my head and seem desperate to fly into my ears. I've often had to leave the garden for a couple of hours because they just drive me nuts. Thankfully I have no neighbours living near me, otherwise they'd probably think I was crazy as I frenziedly swipe at thin air shouting out every expletive under the sun.:(

Thankfully, I am not alone. That was me yesterday. Sister in law thought I was cracking up. And what is it with the ears. I went in at one stage and emptied half a can of fly spray on my head. Did no good at all. Maybe I am cracking up. Can you get those Aussie type hanging cork hats in Ireland?

Fruit flies hovering around me 'cos I'm eating strawberries.
    FECK OFF.
    Where are you when I want to kill you? Nowhere, that's where.
    But as soon as I take my berries from the fridge, you're all around me!
    Seriously, get the fk.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Thankfully, I am not alone. That was me yesterday. Sister in law thought I was cracking up. And what is it with the ears. I went in at one stage and emptied half a can of fly spray on my head. Did no good at all. Maybe I am cracking up. Can you get those Aussie type hanging cork hats in Ireland?

Like yourself, I was checking out those mesh hats but I never got one. I can't remember where I've saw those hats, but check out some hunting & fishing websites. They usually sell anti-bug protection for hunters ect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you watch part of a little-known movie called Twilight Zone and realise that the famous later movie Cocoon ripped it off and copied it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement