Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Mourner A: "Tis terrible what happened to Paddy, he only found out a week before he died."

Mourner B: "Ah shure look at poor oul Mickey Joe, didn't he go and die of cancer before he was even born."

I am TA that my laughter, made me splutter coffee over my monitor after reading your post Corvus.:mad::(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Got a job interview and I'm terrified.. any tips? TA That I get nervous this easily :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Got a job interview and I'm terrified.. any tips? TA That I get nervous this easily :(

Just relax as much as possible. Try to see it as a learning experience rather than a make or break interview. Have confidence in yourself....and try to picture the interviewer naked!

Menas wrote: »
    Just relax as much as possible. Try to see it as a learning experience rather than a make or break interview. Have confidence in yourself....and try to picture the interviewer naked!

Lets hope he has abs if he's naked :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Menas wrote: »

That would just totally distract me tbh :D

Medusa22 wrote: »
    That would just totally distract me tbh :D

I remember when I used to interview people. It totally freaked me out to think that some Hotie lady was imagining me naked.

The poor girls were probably ill at the sight of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

xLisaBx wrote: »

can you practice your answers / career history speil with a friend or family member?

Try and be confident and think 'I'm right for this job'.

Best of luck!

TA - where's the sun? Thought it was supposed to be a lovely sunny day here :confused:

whiskeyman wrote: »
    can you practice your answers / career history speil with a friend or family member?

Try and be confident and think 'I'm right for this job'.

Best of luck!

TA - where's the sun? Thought it was supposed to be a lovely sunny day here :confused:

I'm trying to learn answers off by heart so I don't mess up.. I already have a job so I don't even know if I want this one :confused:
    I'm useless at thinking on the spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Bought a really pretty dress today.

Friend: how much?
    Me: 45
    Friend: seriously?! That's so expensive.
    Me: didn't you spend 23 on one lipstick??
    Friend: eh yeah

Whist then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I went into the supermarket in sunshine, and came out to black sky and wind. My copy of Lidl News blew out of the trolley and wrapped around my face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Mudmask wrote: »
    My uncles wife trivally annoyes me and beyond. She treats everyone like they are remedial or something. And questions my mother intensively and pries way too much. "Is mud mask working yet?", " What did mudmask's sister pay for her house?". How can people be so blatenly rude and noisy? I've been in college and am planning on continuing straight into a masters so I've it done with, but this is deemed ridiculous in her opinion as I should be working full time :(

Tell her to **** off. People like that tend to be deeply unhappy with their life choices and pick other people's lives apart to give them a sense of superiority and accomplishment that they can't get anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

RTE sport reporting on the Ashes cricket snore fest between England and Australia. "Blah blah innings, boring, not a real sport if you don't have to be fit, runs, blah blah, fall asleep, wooly jumpers, no one cares"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA'd that Dublin Comic Con only lasts 2 days. Most fun I've had in ages!
    Also, very annoyed that not only is there nowhere to sit to wait for the buses/Swords Express outside North Wall Quay but also that I was left standing for 40 minutes as the shagging Swords Express never showed up. Cost me €21 taxi fare to get home! I could've used my bus pass for free and gotten another film cell out of that money! :( :mad:
    Lastly, TA'd that I might be slightly addicted to buying Funko Pop figurines. I have two already. Why are they so cute?! WHHHHY?!

73Cat wrote: »
    My copy of Lidl News blew out of the trolley and wrapped around my face.
    That is a beautiful image.

If it's any consolation to your TA, I'm sitting here stressed out at my desk and it cheered me right up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Ugh my Facebook news feed is now only showing around ten posts and then it shows this message at the bottom :

" You'll have more stories in News Feed if you add more friends. "

Rub it in, Facebook, why don't you :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mr Sam is away for a few days with work. Kids bearly looked up from Peppa Pig to say goodbye. I however, can't go to the bathroom and they mount a search party for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Mr Sam is away for a few days with work. Kids bearly looked up from Peppa Pig to say goodbye. I however, can't go to the bathroom and they mount a search party for me!!!

+1 samsgirl ! getting beyond a joke now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

TA that my ears get blocked twice yearly and I need them cleaned :(
    Who needs their ears cleaned that much seriously! Haven't been able to hear for the past few days so cant even watch a film with the oh .
    So I resort to boards where my addiction is rapidly growing.
    Also ta that the oh calls nachos and salsa chips and dip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Go to the loo or on the phone and theyre like magnets:(My baby is a teenager and still the fecking same..mam,maam,maaaaam...give me strength:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Colser wrote: »
    Go to the loo or on the phone and theyre like magnets:(My baby is a teenager and still the fecking same..mam,maam,maaaaam...give me strength:D

My Mother used to say we were like a flock of feckin sheep...."Ma, ma, maa, maa"

I remember telling one of my kids that " I was going out of my mind" and she asked could she come with me....serious:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

That so many people think doctors in Ireland take the hippocratic oath, presumably from watching American TV.

-> :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Am v curious as to what will happen if I try boil the kettle without any water in it. TA that Im afraid to try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I got shampoo in my eye when I was having a shower :(

Am v curious as to what will happen if I try boil the kettle without any water in it. TA that Im afraid to try it!

Best case scenario is that you blow a fuse in the kettle. Possibly a fuse in your fusebox. You could set the kettle on fire depending on how fast the safety kicks in.
    The kettle will be a right off due to burn damage at the element. You may damage the counter that the kettle is on due to heat damage.

Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gongoozler wrote: »
    That so many people think doctors in Ireland take the hippocratic oath, presumably from watching American TV.

-> :rolleyes:

I thought they did.....sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Inlaw's kids.
    Running around the house.
    Wrecking the place
    Every fcuking weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

I knocked over a jug of hot water at work, all over some cutlery. :o

I am trivially pleased that I reacted fast and picked up the jug before half the water was gone. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Thinly veiled 'I am good looking' posts. Nobody gives a fck!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 summonerm

Selfies. Selfie sticks even more, what a waste of common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Saucepan lids - storing them, specifically. Every time I rummage in the saucepan press there's an avalance of saucepan lids. I wish there was a neat and easy way to store the blasted things. Mostly, I wish I had more storage space!

Also, I keep forgetting to buy rubber gloves and my current ones are stinky inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I recently discovered there's this burrito place near where I live that does delivery, and the burritos are damn good. So naturally, any time I've ordered I've tried out a different salsa for the filling.

Smoked chipotle - that was good.
    Jalapeno - I liked that one too.
    Spicy mango - I can dig it.

Thing is, I like hot salsa, and I found they all lacked a bit of kick. So last night I ordered the habanero salsa.

Holy fucking Jesus tap-dancing Christ. The first bite put me out of action for about 10 minutes. Then it took me the guts of an hour to eat half of it, before I threw the rest in the bin.

I eat hot food, I order hot food, I regularly have staff warn me "This is very very hot" and I'm all "whatevs bro". But this was some other level shit. Total waste of a burrito. :(

I recently discovered there's this burrito place near where I live that does delivery, and the burritos are damn good. So naturally, any time I've ordered I've tried out a different salsa for the filling.

Funny that - I was in the Little Ass Burrito bar in Dublin yesterday. It was more Kick ass than Little ass.
    I love Burritos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Other half is having a bag of chips.

I can smell the salt and vinegary goodness as the aroma wafts out of the slightly soaked brown paper bag.

I, on the other hand, am giving him filthy looks while I consume my chicken breast, peas, carrots and broccoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Another children related TA: last night went to dinner with 3 other couples and their children. My two honestly behave very well in restaurants (usually because I bring a load of coulouring books, sticker books, activities etc to keep them entertained if dinner goes on too long). I really can't stand children running wild in a restaurant etc.

Anyway, we went to the restaurant and the other children went wild: shouting, banging cutlery/glasses etc. They must all have piles because they didn't sit for more than 2 minutes. They are all between 4 and 7 years old except my youngest.

The problem was the parents, getting stuck into wine rather than making sure the little ones behaved. I could see other guests getting really fed up, I couldn't blame them one bit. I have it drilled into my two that a restaurant, bar etc is not a playground. We took our two onto our laps, because it was getting out of hand - one of the other children (after having already broken one glass) was banging two glasses together. His mammy and dadddy were seemingly oblivious to it so I got up and took them out of his hand. 'Oh you're so lucky JM, yours are so well behaved'! Eh, maybe because I actually mind them when we go out. I gave crayons and paper to all of the smallies to keep them a bit quiet, but it didn't work for long.

I was mortified, the owner even came over and told the other parents to calm the children down a bit.

Tl;dr: We were one of the tables who TA you all in restaurants. I'm sorry but I did my best. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

The amount of women doing nude shots with their hands strategically placed. Everyday I see more and more. Do they have anything else to offer than their bodies. Their intelligence, their career, their achievements??? Today it is Vogue Williams and she is advertising a tan. So she goes butt naked as you do. I honestly believe they are doing a disservice to all women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Missing an odometer roll over by 1 mile

Fcuk it anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Missing an odometer roll over by 1 mile

Fcuk it anyway :(
    Mazda 6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Mazda 6?

Nope.........ya creep! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

When you tear the part of a resealable pack and there is nothing to grip to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

People why buy those little cartoon stickers for their wheelie bin, but instead of cutting out the shapes they just slap the whole fecking page on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

iamstop wrote: »
    When you tear the part of a resealable pack and there is nothing to grip to open it.

Ha, yes ! And as for resealable?? Resealable, my arse !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

JanaMay wrote: »

Anyway, we went to the restaurant and the other children went wild: shouting, banging cutlery/glasses etc. They must all have piles because they didn't sit for more than 2 minutes. They are all between 4 and 7 years old except my youngest.

Jaysus that was like my Sunday lunch in a local place with the in-laws.

Jug of water arrives at table and Little Tommy shouts "ice cubes!" and stick his hands into the jug.
    "Just one ice cube now Tommy" smiles his Mum indulgently as the little sh:tbag continues to swirl his germ-infested hands around the water jug - our fcuking water jug!

I ordered a beer instead.
    I ordered several.

Only way I can get through a meal with the little feral brat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Gobsh1te drivin an Opel Astra up the M7 today being passed a phone by front seat passenger to take a selfie of the all the occupants, first one mustn't have been good enough, so done it again, while swaying, gobsh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Ridiculous. Also TA by people taking a photo of people taking a selfie. I have seen 2 photos of this happening at weddings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Ridiculous. Also TA by people taking a photo of people taking a selfie. I have seen 2 photos of this happening at weddings.

Don't get me started on weddings.

That is not TA territory at all. Think the opposite to trivial but hugely annoying. I'm trying to think of a word that describes my annoyance about weddings. Help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Don't get me started on weddings.

That is not TA territory at all. Think the opposite to trivial but hugely annoying. I'm trying to think of a word that describes my annoyance about weddings. Help.

MA. Majoraly annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

greenfrogs wrote: »
    The amount of women doing nude shots with their hands strategically placed.Today it is Vogue Williams and she is advertising a tan. So she goes butt naked as you do. I honestly believe they are doing a disservice to all women.

And a bit of a disservice to plenty of chaps too I suspect, I for one won't be renewing my Vogue subscription come December.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Searching high and low for something that was in front of you the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Current peeve is some little s**t knocking over the rubbish bins I left out for collection (and all the others on the street too) at 3.30 in the morning. I hope the little creep breaks his leg or something :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

TA when people don't thank my Boards posts :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement