Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

TA when people don't thank my Boards posts :(

Don't be so Goddamn anonymous and we'll all thank you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I slept like a log on Saturday night on a sofa bed in a mobile home by the sea with the wind howling outside.
    Lastnight, on my super deluxe memory foam mattress which cost over two grand, I tossed and turned all bloody night.
    Maybe I need to drink a crate of miller every night: a plan I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

eternal wrote: »
    Psychologically speaking, you were on 'holidays' safe from the storm with no impending routine to worry about per say. The mind then secured in the trivial of the every day refuses to shut down no matter the conditions.
    (Experience of years of mobile home holidays)

I am still on holidays, heading to Lanzarote on Thursday.
    I'd say it was the Miller.

galljga1 wrote: »
    I am still on holidays, heading to Lanzarote on Thursday.
    I'd say it was the Miller.
    Ok, you caught me after I deleted it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Came home after spending 5 days in Paris. I'm absolutely wrecked but I am wide awake and can't get back to sleep. I'm gonna be tired for the week.

Also, I hate saying goodbye :( had to pretend I wasn't crying when we left my sister at the train station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Flying ants.
    I don't care that they're only flapping around for a day or two I hate the buggers.
    The wall outside my house was heaving with them the other day and we've never had a problem with ants before.
    Even had a nightmare about them infesting my house.
    I'm not usually a squeamish person with bugs no problem with spider or any other creepy crawlies but I would happily take a flame thrower to these winged demons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ryan Gosling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

What's the collective term for a cola drink? "Coke", right? (well it is where I'm from)
    Except go into KFC in Waterford and they ask what drink, you say "large coke" and they say: "We don't have Coke, is Pepsi okay?"
    Oh come on! You know what I meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

What's the collective term for a cola drink? "Coke", right? (well it is where I'm from)
    Except go into KFC in Waterford and they ask what drink, you say "large coke" and they say: "We don't have Coke, is Pepsi okay?"

i went into a place before and asked for rashers in my sandwich. ''we dont have rashers, only bacon''.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    i went into a place before and asked for rashers in my sandwich. ''we dont have rashers, only bacon''.

Oh good lord ><

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

No it's a very important distinction, pepsi is not coke. It's trivially annoying when you ask for coke and you get pepsi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA at my been so easily distracted....just cant get it together today do some work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

What's the collective term for a cola drink?

A sugar-rush?

A sugar-rush?

A diabetes attack?

Flying ants.
    I don't care that they're only flapping around for a day or two I hate the buggers.
    The wall outside my house was heaving with them the other day and we've never had a problem with ants before.
    I'm not usually a squeamish person with bugs no problem with spider or any other creepy crawlies but I would happily take a flame thrower to these winged demons.

http://www.thejournal.ie/flying-ants-2262701-Aug2015/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

not everyone likes Pepsi. I bet the staff in KFC are pestered constantly about people getting Pepsi when they were expecting Coca Cola.

Jaysus that was like my Sunday lunch in a local place with the in-laws.

Jug of water arrives at table and Little Tommy shouts "ice cubes!" and stick his hands into the jug.
    "Just one ice cube now Tommy" smiles his Mum indulgently as the little sh:tbag continues to swirl his germ-infested hands around the water jug - our fcuking water jug!

I ordered a beer instead.
    I ordered several.

Only way I can get through a meal with the little feral brat.

Jesus christ

Clip around the ear

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Ridiculous. Also TA by people taking a photo of people taking a selfie. I have seen 2 photos of this happening at weddings.

Don't look at the front page of today's Irish Examiner ;)

bluewolf wrote: »
    Jesus christ

Clip around the ear

Oh, I've a book-full of anecdotes about 'Little Tommy'.

Everytime he comes to the house he stomps out to the back garden.
    We've a load of solar lights around the perimeter of the grass on stakes and he walks along and pulls them all out of the ground.
    They're only plastic B&Q ones but still.

Yesterday we're all lokking at Tommy doing the usual and his mother - the OH's sister - pipes up "Look at Tommy, he's always doing that".

I'm standing beside her thinking 'Yeah, and you've never fcuking once told him not to'.
    It's not like she puts all the lights back into position afterwards either.

What is it with some parents and the blind-spot they have with their children? We don't all find Little Tommy as adorable as she does - in fact he's a bit of a spoilt pr:ick.

But, I have to bite my tongue for the sake of harmonious in-law relations.

It feels good to write this down - can't say it in real life.

Little Tommy's favourite pastime is;
    1) Hitting stuff with sticks

He's rarely to be seen without a stick or other form of stick-like implement in his hand, and he'll wander around banging it off things or waving it around his head like a fcuking baton-twirling majorette.

Earlier in the year we have a party for one of our kids in the house and get a piñata - because sticks and kids, what could possibly go wrong?

Tommy's all over at the stick almost immediately and hardly relinquishes possession for the rest of the party. During the meal, in the course of waving it around, he whacks one of the other kids on the head by accident (I think).
    His mother jumps up, embarrassed for once by his behaviour and takes the stick off him. "No stick until later Tommy".
    Tommy throws back his head and literally roars at the celling.
    His mother does a quick mental calculation as to what's going to be more embarrassing, hands him back the stick and says "OK Tommy, but no more waving it around".

Tommy was without the stick for perhaps 4 seconds.

• Advertisement

noisy, repetitive children's toys shouting catchphrases. ''let's play!!'....'lets play!'....ABCDEFG...ABCDEFG...HIJK...HI...HIJ...HIJK .....HIJKILLSOMEONE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Little Tommy's favourite pastime is;
    1) Hitting stuff with sticks

He's rarely to be seen without a stick or other form of stick-like implement in his hand, and he'll wander around banging it off things or waving it around his head like a fcuking baton-twirling majorette.

Earlier in the year we have a party for one of our kids in the house and get a piñata - because sticks and kids, what could possibly go wrong?

Tommy's all over at the stick almost immediately and hardly relinquishes possession for the rest of the party. During the meal, in the course of waving it around, he whacks one of the other kids on the head by accident (I think).
    His mother jumps up, embarrassed for once by his behaviour and takes the stick off him. "No stick until later Tommy".
    Tommy throws back his head and literally roars at the celling.
    His mother does a quick mental calculation as to what's going to be more embarrassing, hands him back the stick and says "OK Tommy, but no more waving it around".

Tommy was without the stick for perhaps 4 seconds.

What an absolute brat. I remember when acting like that meant your stick would be introduced to your posterior in very short order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

What an absolute brat. I remember when acting like that meant your stick would be introduced to your posterior in very short order.
    The stick should be used on the parents;)
    We had a family party recently,when I arrived my niece was standing beside the cake poking her finger into it..I immediately said "Hey,stop that!" in a genuinely annoyed voice..she then glanced at her mother and smiled..Her mother says"Oh look youve been caught now". This was before most of the guests had even arrived:( Now mine are/were no angels but there is no way they would have done this and if they did I would have stopped them immediately. I swear to god its the damn parents that need to be pulled up about this kind of carry on,Im still fuming about my bloody cake:mad:

spilt milk criers. whinging and moaning about situations they cant change whilst wasting time they could spend trying to move forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

jesus lads this is some heavy **** lately.

trivially annoying when you're trying to feed the cat and she moves her head right under where you're dropping the cat food and keeps getting her head covered in food. stop it I'm trying to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Colser wrote: »
    The stick should be used on the parents;)
    We had a family party recently,when I arrived my niece was standing beside the cake poking her finger into it..I immediately said "Hey,stop that!" in a genuinely annoyed voice..she then glanced at her mother and smiled..Her mother says"Oh look youve been caught now". This was before most of the guests had even arrived:( Now mine are/were no angels but there is no way they would have done this and if they did I would have stopped them immediately. I swear to god its the damn parents that need to be pulled up about this kind of carry on,Im still fuming about my bloody cake:mad:

Lazy parents that let their kids away with murder in order to avoid tantrums and scenes get their just desserts when they realise they've created a monster after a few years. The process is very hard to reverse.

Your cake story reminds me of one time when I was in the supermarket and saw a little brat poking holes in the fresh baked bread with her finger. Her mother and her friend were chatting away and idly watching her do it. Since then I only buy bread that is out of reach of little snot and germ infested hands ;)

Quazzie wrote: »
    not everyone likes Pepsi. I bet the staff in KFC are pestered constantly about people getting Pepsi when they were expecting Coca Cola.

I think that's why this is "Trivial Things that Annoy You", might not annoy everyone else but it annoys me ><.

Not one single person behind a counter has felt the need to correct me when I say "coke" and not "pepsi" until that one KFC. I'm aware it's Pepsi but as I said, I collectively call any cola drink "coke" and so does half the country I come from :P Go into Burger King, be aware of the fact that it's Pepsi they have. Ask for Coke, and I bet not one word will be uttered, they'll pour the Pepsi.

Now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Lazy parents that let their kids away with murder in order to avoid tantrums and scenes get their just desserts when they realise they've created a monster after a few years. The process is very hard to reverse.

Your cake story reminds me of one time when I was in the supermarket and saw a little brat poking holes in the fresh baked bread with her finger. Her mother and her friend were chatting away and idly watching her do it. Since then I only buy bread that is out of reach of little snot and germ infested hands ;)
    I wont buy anything thats uncovered for that reason and its not just kids that are guilty,Ive seen adults squeezing breads,rolls,fruit,tomatoes the list is endless.Ive seen people sneezing over food,coughing near it,picking it up and putting back down again..It turns my stomach.I hate when Im eating out and someone is coughing or sneezing near me,then I read that the spoons used at salad counters are filthy from people holding them and then lying them back up on the food.
    I KNOW Im ott about it:D but I cant help it,I often wonder about how clean peoples hands are when making sandwiches:eek: I try not to read about what goes on in kitchens when food is being prepared,I worked in a kitchen years ago that was an eye opener. There must be a name for my condition:D:D its a great diet aid all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Neighbours congregating out the front all day...dunno why but annoys the sh!t out of me...if I go to put rubbish in wheelie bin or go out to car or even collect the post and they re always guaranteed to be there!! Feckin porch monkeys :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The tapes* of 'Reeling in the Years' must be nearly worn out at this stage - it was good at first but....becoming a bit of a TA now.

(* I realise they may not be actually stored on tape any more)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I thought they did.....sorry

Ah it's ok, it's only a subset of people who think it that annoy me. I'm not making sense, so I'll shut up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

this smiley on boards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

major bill wrote: »
    this smiley on boards :rolleyes:

It's a TA of mine that some of the shorthand codes [noparse] :o:) :rolleyes:[/noparse] is slghtly different to the IM system at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Flying ants.

I did, the weed burner that I got in Lidl or Aldi last year, sizzled hundreds of them yesterday and today, so dense were they, they crackled when it went on them, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

selous wrote: »
    I did, the weed burner that I got in Lidl or Aldi last year, sizzled hundreds of them yesterday and today, so dense were they, they crackled when it went on them, :(

The satisfaction of that would be amazing.
    Die you fcukers die!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

using pacific instead of specific ............dont get me started

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The weather set to improve just as I have to go back work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My husband can't find something in the kitchen so I've to get up and get it for him.

Sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

The tapes* of 'Reeling in the Years' must be nearly worn out at this stage - it was good at first but....becoming a bit of a TA now.

(* I realise they may not be actually stored on tape any more)

I'd extend that to any excuse RTÉ use to raid the bins and put shït on TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Workers being allowed to have 5min smoke breaks throughout the day. Can I have a few kindle mins since I don't smoke? Should be allowed to. Or better yet, add them all up and get an early finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My husband can't find something in the kitchen so I've to get up and get it for him.

Sake.

At least he found the kitchen 😅

Lucyfur wrote: »

Sake.

A fan of Japanese wine? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Taking off a new pair of socks and there are loads of tiny threads all over my lower legs and feet. :confused: I guess that's what you get when you get the cheapest pack in Penneys . :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I decided to put the clotheshorse out in the sun yesterday, then I discovered that two birds shat all over my cardigan :(

When renting a car I need to get a child booster seat for the young fella.
    One of these would do the job.
    Costs just a few euro.
    But car rental companies want to charge me €30 for something like this for 1 week! Rip off...but the only option I have is to pay or bring my own booster seat from Ireland...on a ryan air flight.
    Aarrrgggghhh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

js35 wrote: »
    Neighbours congregating out the front all day...dunno why but annoys the sh!t out of me...if I go to put rubbish in wheelie bin or go out to car or even collect the post and they re always guaranteed to be there!! Feckin porch monkeys :(

Yeah, that's very annoying. I live in a terraced townhouse type thing and the front gardens are literally just a 2 foot by 4 foot patch of grass in front of the house.

My two nearest neighbours seem to spend most of their evening out front smoking and "working" on their ****box cars and they are about 5 feet from my front door at all times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Tired legs. Press button for lift. No response. Press button again. No response.
    Sigh...lift is broken.
    Shuffle up three flights of stairs.
    See two women gasbagging to each with their foot in the lift door to stop it closing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOy6hqzfsAs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Menas wrote: »
    When renting a car I need to get a child booster seat for the young fella.
    One of these would do the job.
    Costs just a few euro.
    But car rental companies want to charge me €30 for something like this for 1 week! Rip off...but the only option I have is to pay or bring my own booster seat from Ireland...on a ryan air flight.
    Aarrrgggghhh.

if it's an investment, I saw some parents with these on my hols:http://www.halfords.ie/kids-zone/car-seats-bases/booster-seats/trunki-boostapak-booster-seat
    It's a cool backpack for kids that doubles up as a booster seat.
    you may be able to get them cheaper elsewhere?

TA - Tuesdays.
    I hate Tuesdays!!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    if it's an investment, I saw some parents with these on my hols:http://www.halfords.ie/kids-zone/car-seats-bases/booster-seats/trunki-boostapak-booster-seat
    It's a cool backpack for kids that doubles up as a booster seat.
    you may be able to get them cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks for that. Its only 15€ more than renting a booster...so not too much of an investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Child next door cries all day. And night.
    From about 5am til around 10pm. All day. Child's about 1 and is crying as I type. He sounded like he was getting sick from crying.
    I don't know if he's being ignored or whatever but my Jesus I cannot take much more of this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement