Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Menas wrote: »
    When renting a car I need to get a child booster seat for the young fella.
    One of these would do the job.
    Costs just a few euro.
    But car rental companies want to charge me €30 for something like this for 1 week! Rip off...but the only option I have is to pay or bring my own booster seat from Ireland...on a ryan air flight.
    Aarrrgggghhh.

There's a site called bubblebum it does inflatable ones, but just had a look it's E35.
    Here's the site anyway if you're curious. http://bubblebum.ie/bubblebum/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Yeah, that's very annoying. I live in a terraced townhouse type thing and the front gardens are literally just a 2 foot by 4 foot patch of grass in front of the house.

My two nearest neighbours seem to spend most of their evening out front smoking and "working" on their ****box cars and they are about 5 feet from my front door at all times.
    fussyonion wrote: »
    Child next door cries all day. And night.
    From about 5am til around 10pm. All day. Child's about 1 and is crying as I type. He sounded like he was getting sick from crying.
    I don't know if he's being ignored or whatever but my Jesus I cannot take much more of this.
    js35 wrote: »
    Neighbours congregating out the front all day...dunno why but annoys the sh!t out of me...if I go to put rubbish in wheelie bin or go out to car or even collect the post and they re always guaranteed to be there!! Feckin porch monkeys :(

that's pretty much why I'm glad I live in the arse end of nowhere with about one elderly neighbour who we never see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

When renting a car I need to get a child booster seat for the young fella.
    One of these would do the job.
    Costs just a few euro.
    But car rental companies want to charge me €30 for something like this for 1 week! Rip off...but the only option I have is to pay or bring my own booster seat from Ireland...on a ryan air flight.
    Aarrrgggghhh.

You know RyanAir let you bring a buggy plus a car seat / booster for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Was just about to post the very same info! We are flying in December with Ryanair and renting a car on the other side. We can bring two carseats and a stroller free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Those of you who remember me posting about bitchiness in grown women? (I posted in this thread recently about some girls I've gotten to know in the gym I joined recently and they're isolating me)..

Well one of the women apparently put on 2lbs this week.
    I was weighed this morning and lost 4 and a half.
    Now the aforementioned woman is ignoring me completely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Those of you who remember me posting about bitchiness in grown women? (I posted in this thread recently about some girls I've gotten to know in the gym I joined recently and they're isolating me)..

Just ignore them. You're not in school anymore and you don't have to even leave Boards for bitchy comments. Also sounds like jealousy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Life is forever too short for that messing....how old are they FFS (without giving away your age!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Trivially annoyed that I'm still not used to the feeling of food brushing against the newly exposed gum line left over from my tooth extraction two week ago. When will I ever be able to chew food on the right side of my mouth? :/ It doesn't hurt- just feels mildly uncomfortable.
    Also annoyed that I really want to join LootCrate but I can barely afford to pay €26 a month for a subscription "clutter" service.
    I've got enough junk clogging up my room.
    Lastly, the lock on my bedroom door broke last night so now it sways noisily in the breeze. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

TA that I can't stop watching fair city. :( It's absolutely horrible but it's more of a habit now. It is good bonding time with my dad though. All we do is complain about everything in the show. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Obvious but TV ad breaks. They always seem to be right at the crunch moment.

Have been watching a lot more on BBC and Netflix recently and it's so refreshing not being interrupted every 10-15 minutes.

Insomnia. Not the coffee.
    Knackered but can't sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

using pacific instead of specific ............dont get me started

Your been a bit pedantic, their.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Workers being allowed to have 5min smoke breaks throughout the day. Can I have a few kindle mins since I don't smoke? Should be allowed to. Or better yet, add them all up and get an early finish.

I have never ever heard of this. Is this actually common practice? If so, it's horrific.

There are particular people in this thread who just never ever seem to stop moaning.

That's my TA.

(and yes I know what the point of the thread is. But it's still annoying.)

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Mr Sam is away for a few days with work. Kids bearly looked up from Peppa Pig to say goodbye. I however, can't go to the bathroom and they mount a search party for me!!!

He'd just be called "Sam," wouldn't he?

• Advertisement

DareGod wrote: »
    He'd just be called "Sam," wouldn't he?

I see where you are going with that but nope, Sam is my dog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I did not know that. But the above mentioned carseat/back pack is a go-er for me...showed a pic to the four year old last night and he loves it.
    Over to the 'trivial things that make you happy' thread with me!

good on you, just dont lower yourself to petty tit for tat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That made me smile:).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Anybody notice a distant reduction in the ranks of late?

Czechlin, Pumpkin, ONW, even Jimgoose don't come round no more....

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »

I blame the summer. We need a good 30 days of solid rain to get people in a right bad mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Think Pumpkins account is closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I blame the summer. We need a good 30 days of solid rain to get people in a right bad mood.

Well we have had about 15 straight days of it.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Jimgoose don't come round no more....

<Sound of a caricature "Big Scary Computer" powering up à la the Master Control Program in "Tron" - sort of a "Whoommmmmmmm...">

jimgoose on-line. I haven't gone anywhere, it's just that so many things are trivially annoying me lately I can scarcely condense a coherent rant out of the lot of it. Watch this space! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

When you're in town and know there's something you forgot, but you can't remember what it is. And then when you're at home several hours later, you suddenly remember what it was that you really needed to get.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

When you're in town and know there's something you forgot, but you can't remember what it is. And then when you're at home several hours later, you suddenly remember what it was that you really needed to get.:mad:

Was it a pair of balls for Enda by any chance? :P

This is particularly annoying when it so transpires that the "Town" in question is Dublin and you live in Cork. :pac:

Medusa22 wrote: »

Oh he has plenty of balls. The trouble is Fionnuala keeps them in her purse. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

73Cat wrote: »
    Think Pumpkins account is closed :(

Is Pumpkins not called Pumpkins No 9 now or something like that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

constant streams of nutrition articles with stupid, constantly changing, contradicting statements.

''chewing gum increases cancer risk by 85%''

''porridge actually full of fat and will give you heart disease''

'' No actually, porridge is good for you again, says research''

''Nope, bad for you again, eat porridge and you die a slow death''

porridge being a wild example.

look at this. they'll be saying it's heart attack material next week
    http://www.msn.com/en-ie/health/nutrition/saturated-fats-in-meat-and-dairy-produce-not-as-bad-for-health-as-previously-thought-study-finds/ar-BBlF47y?ocid=iehp

• Advertisement

Is Pumpkins not called Pumpkins No 9 now or something like that.

I am pretty sure they are different. Well, they have very different posting styles !

Medusa22 wrote: »

Unfortunately no, but on that topic, a few ball retailers suggested I buy a mangina for Enda first. They believe that buying him even the smallest pair of balls would probably be too much for him.

jimgoose wrote: »
    This is particularly annoying when it so transpires that the "Town" in question is Dublin and you live in Cork. :pac:

Jim the only boardsie that lives further from Dublin than me, is probably The Backwards Man. It's something that is both a curse and a blessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Unfortunately no, but on that topic, a few ball retailers suggested I buy a mangina for Enda first. They believe that buying him even the smallest pair of balls would probably be too much for him.

That's very wise advice, I'd say you are better off testing the waters with a mangina alright, as I think that's the best Enda can hope for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

The rake of ould biddies in Dunnes this morning gossiping about young Mary down the road and her LC results. Taking up the whole bread section with their trolleys.

Jim the only boardsie that lives further from Dublin than me, is probably The Backwards Man. It's something that is both a curse and a blessing.

You're either way out Wesht somewhere like Clifden, or off down Castletown Bearhaven direction, surely?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

The thread on this site titled "they don't even pay road tax joe" which seems to be constantly there. I've never clicked on it but I just have this impression its full to the brim of comments from up their own hole cyclists

I heard there on the wireless about some alien freak from Mayo or somewhere getting nine A1s in the Leaving Cert. More luck to him - he's going to need it when looking for a good therapist when he's about 25.

I'm told a first-class honours degree is the new Leaving Cert these days and a Ph.D. the new first-class honours. What lofty academic heights next? Will we see the day where you'll need not only a Professorship but actual tenure somewhere like Oxford before you'll be considered for entry-level graduate Piss-Boy positions?? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When you keep sending messages to your landlord telling him about problems with your house over a period of months and he ignores you, but when you delay rent for a single day he phones you straight away.

Then when you have him on the phone and you ask him to explain why he gave the neighbours permission to enter your yard and cut down a tree you liked and he says they are old friends and that's why. But then you ask when he will come to remove the tree as it was left in the middle of the yard, but he says he has no vehicle and cant you just cut it up or burn it something.

Then you point out that you notice his PRTB registration has lapsed and Revenue have stopped my rent allowance credit and he hangs up.

• Advertisement

Motorcar adverts. What's with the newer crop of car adverts featuring stupid-looking Kias and things that look like a Cylon on meth, full of young twits singing, dancing, making the car fly around the place, gazing dreamily into each others eyes (to the point where the machine hits the brakes itself to avoid slamming into the back of a truck, in the case of IIRC a recent Toyota Avensis ad) and generally everything and anything bar concentrating some bit on not killing everyone in the vehicle? And we wonder why the chunglads are being power-hosed off the Queen's Thoroughfare every half-hour. When I seize power in a (breathtakingly) bloody coup, I shall ban this carry-on. :mad:

grundie wrote: »
    When you keep sending messages to your landlord....

I know what he's at. Call him again. Explain to him calmly and rationally that if that tree is not disposed of tidily and quare lively, and your rent allowance not restored immediately, you will be phoning the Revenue Commissioners and telling them who you are, who he is, and exactly what the setup is, and they will shortly thereafter be auditing his pimply arse with an electron microscope.

jimgoose wrote: »
    You're either way out Wesht somewhere like Clifden, or off down Castletown Bearhaven direction, surely?

A bit further north. I'm out in the sticks where Yeats called "The Land of heart’s desire."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

False advertising in shop windows. I have a couple of interviews lined up and I need something new to wear. I haven't bought anything in ages. Naturally when I saw these signs in a shop window - Dresses €10! Jackets €10! - I went right in. But I couldn't find a single reduced item. Maybe the stuff in the window was all that was reduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

The flowers in my neighbours hanging basket smell awful, it's like a mix of pee and Jeyes Fluid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

This+100. I'm dying with a lung infection, went to the local shop since I felt too ill to go to the supermarket, got home and as soon as I opened the fridge I realised I'd forgotten milk. Incidently, where did all these underlines and personal quotes come from? You go away for a while and it all goes to hell in a handbasket, sigh.

• Advertisement

Earlier I spoke to some lout at Hutchison Telecom, under the guise of the ridiculous "Three" hereabouts, to enquire whether I was "allowed" to tether under their current "Data "Plan"!!" or whether I should have to get funky-evil on their Antipodean arses. It turns out I can, without being charged a tenner-a-megabyte or somesuch nonsense. Shockin' daycint of them. However, a second query reveals that I am under contract to them for 24 months, as opposed to the 18 months I had hitherto thought for some reason. That would have been out next month, at which time I was looking forward to bullying them into giving me the electrical radiotelephony for cheap. This makes me bellow with rage like the mighty Genghis Khan's accountant. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

its a lovely day out, my neighbours have 16 acres, but they're talking and chopping wood looking in at me sitting out in the sun at the one part where there's a gap in the hedge at the closest possible part to where I am sitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

its a lovely day out, my neighbours have 16 acres, but they're talking and chopping wood looking in at me sitting out in the sun at the one part where there's a gap in the hedge at the closest possible part to where I am sitting.
    Move your seat/chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

na just got a pint of ice cold water and put up my feet on the table, they're starting to look thirsty

Robsweezie wrote: »
    constant streams of nutrition articles with stupid, constantly changing, contradicting statements.

''chewing gum increases cancer risk by 85%''

''porridge actually full of fat and will give you heart disease''

'' No actually, porridge is good for you again, says research''

''Nope, bad for you again, eat porridge and you die a slow death''

porridge being a wild example.

look at this. they'll be saying it's heart attack material next week
    http://www.msn.com/en-ie/health/nutrition/saturated-fats-in-meat-and-dairy-produce-not-as-bad-for-health-as-previously-thought-study-finds/ar-BBlF47y?ocid=iehp

The Daily Express newspaper is terrible for this. Every single day, they have one of these ridiculous stories as one of their front-page headlines. I think today or yesterday it was "Sleeping on your side prevents Alzheimers!" You can see all the front pages on the Sky News website.

It's all a load of BS and I'm kind of surprised media outlets are still running these BS stories at all, never mind on the front page - daily!

Here are just a few, as an example:

https://62e528761d0685343e1c-f3d1b99a743ffa4142d9d7f1978d9686.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/51949/width668/2mhpncpm-1403531386.jpg

http://www.nutrition-communications.co.uk/uploadedfiles/image/Daily%20Express%20front%20page%2007_11_09.jpg

http://tvnewsroom.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Mick-Deane-Daily-Express.jpg

https://teachingrationalthinking.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/express.jpg

http://a2010.kiosko.net/01/20/uk/daily_express.750.jpg

http://themediablog.typepad.com/.a/6a011570c131b2970c017c356a9c03970b-pi

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Columnists/Columnists/2009/12/10/1260452634613/Daily-Express-001.jpg

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/11/590x/secondary/The-Daily-Express-revealed-some-secrets-to-living-longer-last-week-220070.jpg

http://a2011.kiosko.net/05/10/uk/daily_express.750.jpg

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/20/618x788/media-david-beckham-newspaper-front-covers-5.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement