Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

TA clowns who go to the exact change lane at the toll roads & then discover they don't have it, forcing you to reverse back onto the motorway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Three complete gob****es sitting together in McDaonlds shouting in their culchie accents and laughing at everything they said. None of them bought any food/drink either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Silent discos. Someone was telling me that there's one on locally for LC students to celebrate results. I had to Google it, never heard of one before. Apparently they all listen to the music on headphones instead of a usual disco. Tbh, the thought of a club full of teens moving around silently with headphones on sounds a bit bloody creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

When you find a nice dress or top in a shop and then notice that the only one in your size has make-up stains all over the collar. :( disgusting! Ffs if you can't change your clothes without getting makeup all over them then don't wear any when you go shopping!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The media complaining about the weather being bad this summer when it's a decent enough summer (for Ireland).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Children have my heart well and truly broken today, Jesus , is it just girls ?? Every one of them driving me mad. How I'm not a raging alcoholic I will never know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

73Cat wrote: »
    Children have my heart well and truly broken today, Jesus , is it just girls ?? Every one of them driving me mad. How I'm not a raging alcoholic I will never know :(

I hear ya! I just can't afford to be an alcoholic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I hear ya! I just can't afford to be an alcolohic!!

:):). I don't have the stomach for it either !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Silent discos. Someone was telling me that there's one on locally for LC students to celebrate results. I had to Google it, never heard of one before. Apparently they all listen to the music on headphones instead of a usual disco. Tbh, the thought of a club full of teens moving around silently with headphones on sounds a bit bloody creepy.

I've never partaken in silents discos but I've witnessed them at festivals. They're terrible things! The other thing about them is that they're far from silent.

Even though the participants have headphones on, and observers can't hear any music, they can hear all the gobdaws with the headphones talking loudly (or shouting) in order to communicate with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My knee hurts. I feel old :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

fiachr_a wrote: »
    The media complaining about the weather being bad this summer when it's a decent enough summer (for Ireland).

AFAIK it was one of the coldest/wettest July on record :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Adults on bikes cycling with no hands just 'cause. Why?

People who cross busy junctions without looking because whatever is on their phone is more important than living.

People who f**king litter with no justification whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

??? Record breaking cold and wet July. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

True. This summer may not be one of the compared to the last 2 but taken as a whole, it is decent enough. True, July was one of the poorest Julys ever but April-June was lovely and August so far is good too. 2009, 2008, 2007, 2002, 1997, 1988, 1986 and 1985 are what were really bad summers MUCH WORSE than this year or 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Orchard Thieves ad
    Donald Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was on the road a bit over the weekend and truckers who decide to have a head to head race along both lanes of a motorway annoy the sh!t out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Sugar puffs have been renamed honey monster puffs....some sort of health uproar by pissy parents I guess, :-o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The US presidential election. It is 15 months away and I am already sick of it!
    Now, I will definitely stay up all night to watch the results come in....but am already sick of the early rounds in this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People playing sports on the beach, what's that all about!
    I can understand if you have small kids which need to be amused with a ball or somesortnof tennis. But adults, usually grown men, milling a sliotar from one end to the other, or playing rugby. Can you not just go for a swim/surf/paddle or just sit and enjoy the sea? I.e. Do all the things that you cannot do on in a field which is probably much closer to your house...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

The phrase "Bucket List".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Barbershops that keep a fridge full of cheap beer and constantly shout about it on social media.

What? They give out beers with haircuts now.
    That sucks for those of us who have not darkened the doorway of a barbershop since the mid 90s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Guests that visit for a week, but spend the whole time sitting on their arse smoking and playing candy crush on any device possible all day. While you run around making food and cleaning and being a good host and bringing drinks etc. then when you finally sit down at 10 at night they tell you you missed picking up something!

F off! I've enough to be doing running after a toddler with out having a 60 year old teenager too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Those bog roll dispensers that dispense one sheet at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Aidric wrote: »
    Those bog roll dispensers that dispense one sheet at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

^ ^ ^

I was going to put a contract out on Mesrine65 for posting that annoying ad.

But then I realised all wasn't as it appeared to be.:)

• Advertisement

People taking ages in a queue. A classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Robsweezie wrote: »
    People taking ages in a queue. A classic.

Or people who patiently stand in a queue and only when they reach the top do they start sorting out stuff like money or documents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,298 ✭✭✭✭Penn

*tries on waistcoat*
    "You're not supposed to button the last button on the waistcoat"

*tries on suit jacket*
    "You're not supposed to button the last button on the jacket"

What the f*ck are these buttons here for then? Who decided this? Why not just put one less button on them? Is this some conspiracy with Buttons'R'Us to put unnecessary buttons on clothes? It's not just the button though, because the hole for the button is there too. This is clearly meant to be buttoned. Why can't I button this button which is clearly meant to be buttoned?

Who decides these things and why does everyone but me know them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Penn wrote: »
    *tries on waistcoat*

*tries on suit jacket*

What the f*ck are these buttons here for then? Who decided this? Why not just put one less button on them? Is this some conspiracy with Buttons'R'Us to put unnecessary buttons on clothes? It's not just the button though, because the hole for the button is there too. This is clearly meant to be buttoned. Why can't I button this button which is clearly meant to be buttoned?

I thought you were only supposed to unbutton the last button when you sit down?

Sod it though, button up to your heart's content. They're your clothes after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Penn wrote: »
    *tries on waistcoat*

*tries on suit jacket*

I would button it all the way, I mean if you have a button fly you ain't gonna leave one button open.

The downside of the waistcoat is, when drunk and you go for a whizz, one tends to undo the waistcoat and piss in your trousers:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Radio5 wrote: »
    The phrase "Bucket List".

I hate that word. It must have been some very special sappy twit, that came up with that 'bucket' list crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

jimgoose wrote: »
    I know what he's at. Call him again. Explain to him calmly and rationally that if that tree is not disposed of tidily and quare lively, and your rent allowance not restored immediately, you will be phoning the Revenue Commissioners and telling them who you are, who he is, and exactly what the setup is, and they will shortly thereafter be auditing his pimply arse with an electron microscope.

Then phone the council (I think) and tell them a full tree was cut down, hedges and trees not to be cut before September,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Was in a coffee shop/café in Sandyford today it sold "handcrafted coffee" I asked for one, she put the paper cup under a machine which dispensed the coffee I put in the milk and popped a lid on it, where's the "hand crafting" in that?

The bar man does more hand crafting in my local small town boozer, boils a kettle puts in two spoons of coffee pours the water in then milk and stirs, now THAT'S hand crafted.....or am I missing something???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I'm emigrating to England soon but one thing struck me in my last few months here. Nepotism is rife and people don't seem to be ashamed of it. Two people I know got a job in the civil service temporary staff because their aunty "got them in" in their words, another guy I know got a job in a hospital who was severely under-qualified IMHO and at a recent party some f-ing loser bragged that his mother is a big played in the TUI and he won't be stuck for a primary school job.

Seriously I worked bloody hard as did my English boss when he got to this country. Are people not ashamed to say they got handouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Christine LaDuchesse

I am very little, my husband is very tall. In the en-suite he never ever, ever, even asking him very kindly, very angry, very sweet, turns the showerhead to the wall after taking a shower. So if I want to take a shower, I have to step inside the cubicle to be able to reach the showerhead, stand on my toes and swing the showerhead towards the wall, or else when I turn the tap on, all the water will spill outside. Since I am very small, the swing I give the showerhead goes rather wildly as I can barely reach it when it is at my husbands hight on the rod. and ALWAYS a bloody ice cold drop of water falls on me.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

BBQ smoke stinking my washing up. I can't wait for winter, I'm so fecking sick of my South African neighbours and their sodding BBQ's. It's not even nice smelling stuff, I don't know what they use as fuel but it's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

The last couple of days my kids are driving me mad:mad: They keep arguing all the time. I feel like locking them in a soundproof padded room:p

turning lights on before its even properly dark. pointless use of electricity especially in the long summer evenings like these. I wait until its near pitch black.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

When you dip your biscuit in your tea and it breaks and falls onto the floor. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

NOS3 wrote: »
    When you dip your biscuit in your tea and it breaks and falls onto the floor. :(

In the fecking tea is worse. You have about seconds to grab it out before it gets too soggy and breaks apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

When my ankles rub off each other. There's something about that bone to bone touching that irks me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Drivers who beep to say goodbye when driving away from someone's house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

selous wrote: »
    Was in a coffee shop/café in Sandyford today it sold "handcrafted coffee" I asked for one, she put the paper cup under a machine which dispensed the coffee I put in the milk and popped a lid on it, where's the "hand crafting" in that?

The bar man does more hand crafting in my local small town boozer, boils a kettle puts in two spoons of coffee pours the water in then milk and stirs, now THAT'S hand crafted.....or am I missing something???

Gets on my goat as well. "Artisan", "craft" "handmade" oh and the best.. "local".. A "craft" beer made in Kildare is not "made locally" if you are selling it in South Dublin.

If Ireland ever gets a Trade Descriptions Act like the UK has most of these places would be shut down or fined for making false claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

NOS3 wrote: »

In the fecking tea is worse. You have about seconds to grab it out before it gets too soggy and breaks apart.

Or when you try to grab it, you then end up with third degree burns to your fingers.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Okay. This particularly pissed me off tonight. It's 12:30am, and it has been quiet in my estate for a grand total of 60 minutes. My estate is covered, and I mean covered, in kids. I am not exaggerating when I say my estate has about 25 children in it at the one time.

The street I'm in is a small, cul-de-sac-type street. I can't stress how small it is but the road is a one-way road and there are a lot of houses squeezed in. There are a total of 75 houses in this small part of the estate, and a majority of the tenants are single mothers with a minimum of 2 kids. One family across the road from me have 3 cars and 5 kids between them, all younger than 13 by the looks of it.

Here's what I'm getting at. My estate was full of kids screaming and shouting up until 11:30pm tonight and it drove every dog in the estate bonkers because of it.

Can you even call this trivial? It's driving me absolutely mental!

The sooner I get an apartment the better.

But I can't exactly blame it on the kids alone. Why are the parents letting their kids run around screaming, kicking footballs and flying up and down on bicycles until that time of night? Oh, yeah. It's the summer holidays I get that. But for the love of god, HALF ELEVEN?! UNDER THE AGE OF 10??

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

I'm having a tough time my roommate took my pyrex measuring jug and I havn't seen it since and since it was so useful I don't have another one and can't find a decent one anywhere and my OH keeps wanting me to make stuff for him that require one, so foods been a bit hit and miss which I used to take pride in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Watery eyes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Went out for dinner and drinks with my team from work last night and the boss kept ploughing me with drink; topping up my glass every time it got low, ordering cocktails, etc.

In work this morning and I'm still basically locked, had about 4 hours sleep and the rest of the team have the day off! :eek:

I have work to do and I can barely see straight.

Broken sleep. I've been coughing for over a week now and my sleeping pattern has gone to hell. Back to the doctor for me today to get a second course of antibiotics since my chest is still wheezing away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That robotic guy who does all the voice overs for CNN.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement