Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

In the fecking tea is worse. You have about seconds to grab it out before it gets too soggy and breaks apart.

At least if they are chocolate biscuits they flavour the tea. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Having to renew my car and home insurance at the same time. :( so much hassle! They seem to get so much more expensive each year too, even though I have a higher no claims bonus.

And what's the story with the lists of occupations on insurance websites? Have they been updated at all since the eighties? IT jobs seem to be missing most of the time, instead there's stuff like 'computer operator' lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

miezekatze wrote: »
    Having to renew my car and home insurance at the same time. :( so much hassle! They seem to get so much more expensive each year too, even though I have a higher no claims bonus.

Amazing how you may have never claimed on anything in your life and yet the premium keeps rising every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Eating in bed, spilling ketchup on the duvet and it stinks the whole room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Buying **** I don't need or stocking up on crap because it was cheap.

I'm looking at you super drug and tiger :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Amazing how you may have never claimed on anything in your life and yet the premium keeps rising every year.

And the value of your car decreases yet the premium increases.. legalised extortion!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I probably shouldn't say this, but however I will.

I was plagued with beggars and chancers tonight whilst having a drink tonight with my sister. We don't get to see each other as often as we would like, but our convo was destroyed by the constant begging. Every few minutes.

I felt like giving out to them. But I bit my tongue.

Didn't give them anything either. Feck that.

Sorry there is no need to beg in this country at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA about wanting to listen to some Velvet Underground and discovering three of their albums, files I got about five years ago are WMA protected, digital rights media protected. Tried to play a track and a box popped up saying I needed a licence. :( Ah well theres always Youtube.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I really wish people would stop mixing up xenophobic, racism, and just normal discrimination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Saturday mornings are for lazing in bed...but I am starving and need to haul ass downstairs to get fed. The effort of it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

My housemate keeps putting on the dishwasher when it's half- 3/4 full.

I can't remember the last time I lived in rented accommodation that had a dishwasher ... Not actually sure that I ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Watching the news the other night and seeing one of the refugees giving out because it was taking too long to be processed, emm, have ya somewhere to be boss?

Weak ass mouth wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Menas wrote: »
    Weak ass mouth wash.

You should really use separate products for those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I can't remember the last time I lived in rented accommodation that had a dishwasher ... Not actually sure that I ever have.

I refuse to live in a place without a dishwasher, diva :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sorry there is no need to beg in this country at all.

I'm sure there are quite a few people out there who would beg to differ.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I'm sure there are quite a few people out there who would beg to differ.:pac:

Puntastic! :D

Was just thinking about it there and remembered my last apartment had one, but it was never once used in the time I lived there. They just seem like a luxury that costs far too much to use.

Paying for about 3 items at the till, asked for a bag and the cashier wouldn't even bag them for me, dumped the bag beside the items for my full handed self to fumble with, holding up the people behind me. And yes, it's technically not in their job description but it's something that all her colleagues manage to do and made her look a bit miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Paying for about 3 items at the till, asked for a bag and the cashier wouldn't even bag them for me, dumped the bag beside the items for my full handed self to fumble with, holding up the people behind me. And yes, it's not technically not in their job description but it's something that all her colleagues manage to do and made her look a bit miserable.

No matter where you go, you'll always get one kunt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who aren't suited to their public jobs. There's a guy in the local library who looks like he should be digging turnips in a field in Monaghan. He wears a rolled up jumper, dirty jeans, has hairy arms, and rushes about the library doing his best to distract anyone reading a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

There is a guy digging turnips in our local field, and he looks like he should be working in a library, he wears a top hat, tails and a pince nez. He goes about his digging very quietly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    There is a guy digging turnips in our local field, and he looks like he should be working in a library, he wears a top hat, tails and a pince nez. He goes about his digging very quietly.

I think I know the man. I had to tow his Bentley out of a ditch one day, after it tipped over spilling turnips everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Do librarians usually shave their arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Usually when I buy alcohol in any shop I get asked for ID. I'm 25 so it drives me mad. Today I wasn't asked for ID and I'm annoyed that I look old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

People who let their barking dogs out to the garden late at night or very early in the morning. Some of our neighbours do both, and I get that the dogs need a toilet break, but that being said, they don't need to be left to bark continuously for upwards of an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

In Harvey Norman O.H bluetoothing photos taking ages, it timed out, i asked her if it had a memory card it would probably be quicker, she said it probably did but she preferred the Bluetooth, so she done it again, timed out,
    There's only so many times you can walk around that shop, so I said use the memory card then you can flick thru them quicker, so she gave me the phone to take out the card, it didn't have one,
    what did she say.....

I told you there wasn't one,

An hour Ar*sing around H.N and NO photos, FFS.

Now i'm getting "what's wrong with you??":mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Do librarians usually shave their arms?

Oh yea, it's a job requirement in our one. Makes one more aerodynamic and silent around the building!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

The Vodafone ad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

I just heard riffle shots going of in the distance. If tomorrow someone is dead around the Bray/Kilmac area remember this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

selous wrote: »
    In Harvey Norman O.H bluetoothing photos taking ages, it timed out, i asked her if it had a memory card it would probably be quicker, she said it probably did but she preferred the Bluetooth, so she done it again, timed out,
    There's only so many times you can walk around that shop, so I said use the memory card then you can flick thru them quicker, so she gave me the phone to take out the card, it didn't have one,
    what did she say.....

I told you there wasn't one,

An hour Ar*sing around H.N and NO photos, FFS.

Now i'm getting "what's wrong with you??":mad::mad:

Jayzus, I never thought of photos with blue teeth at all. I never thought they had any memory either, like my auntie with dementia.

Just point and press the button me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

People who pack all their groceries neatly into the shopping basket before they pay while everyone else in the queue and the cashier twiddle their thumbs and daydream while waiting for said slow-coach to actually PAY !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Stuck in T2 Dublin Airport for a few hours. Im curled up in Arrivals like many others around me. There's a girl near me who's taken her shoes off, and JESUS her feet reek!! No stranger to stinky feet myself, having walked the Camino, but this girl's feet smell like a skunk ate Tallegio cheese, then crawled up someone's arse and died!! I could move but I'm tethered by my phone charger... Not many seats here with handy plugs nearby.... :(

Celebrities who try to hard to be relatable.

• Advertisement

Scooby doo at seven in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Stuck in T2 Dublin Airport for a few hours. Im curled up in Arrivals like many others around me. There's a girl near me who's taken her shoes off, and JESUS her feet reek!! No stranger to stinky feet myself, having walked the Camino, but this girl's feet smell like a skunk ate Tallegio cheese, then crawled up someone's arse and died!! I could move but I'm tethered by my phone charger... Not many seats here with handy plugs nearby.... :(

Ugh, smelly yoke, I hope you aren't still stuck with her. Some people!
    Your description of the pong is brilliant though :D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Trivago adverts, all of them annoy the bejesus out of me, if anything they'd actually put me off using the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The Tramore Races are on. I live in an estate behind it. Music plays all morning, then in the afternoon the races start. You can hear the commentator shouting and roaring, the crowd cheers come crashing out the speakers when it's the home straight part (I don't know a single thing about horses) then more music plays until 11 at night. I can hear all of this from my own bedroom. So, it was kids screaming and shouting all week, and now it's the races all weekend. No kids in the estate. Just dogs barking.

This has been happening since Friday, it's now Sunday and I'm losing the will to live :P (not really lol)

Now I know how residents would've felt if Garth Brooks did play those 5 concerts (or however many it was). This is only a race track with one stand for spectators and I can hear almost everything clear as day. Croke Park, though? fcuk... that...

Happy Sunday everyone. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

People who let their barking dogs out to the garden late at night or very early in the morning. Some of our neighbours do both, and I get that the dogs need a toilet break, but that being said, they don't need to be left to bark continuously for upwards of an hour.

Sounds familiar, though I think this might push you over the edge now and ruin your wonderful weekend. I suspect that our nutcase neighbours from upstairs are simply brushing the dog **** off their balcony into the communal garden (because naturally they don't walk their dogs but keep them on the balcony, why would you bother to walk a dog...). Unfortunately I don't have more than a suspicion, otherwise I might put on gloves and throw it back onto their balcony. It annoys me because I am a bit reluctant to put the laundry out on a sunny day in case it might rain sh1t.

• Advertisement

I wish people would stop putting knives into dishwashers or into cutlery drying racks holder first, with the blade sticking up. My housemate does this, with some of our sharpest knives, and there's often times that there would be something, like a plate, blocking the view of the blade. There's been many times that I've almost been stabbed reaching for a spoon.

Same thing with dishwashers - if I ever see a sharp knife sticking up, I always put it blade first.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Men who drunk text / call and then completely blank you when sober.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Ugh, smelly yoke, I hope you aren't still stuck with her. Some people!
    Your description of the pong is brilliant though :D!

I was only stuck with her for an hour thank feck. I buried my nose in my T-shirt and managed to get some sleep. When I woke up, she was gone, and in her place was a country lad with half a sliced pan and a jar of jam!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Men who drunk text / call and then completely blank you when sober.

Look at the bright side - Of all the things they could be doing or thinking about when they're drunk, they're thinking about you. Eh? Eh??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was out two nights in a row wearing high heels. My feet are so sore today, it's so hard to walk.

Stupid heels, so pretty but so painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

KatW4 wrote: »
    I was out two nights in a row wearing high heels. My feet are so sore today, it's so hard to walk.

Stupid heels, so pretty but so painful.
    I was out Friday night and Im still recovering and its not just my feet:(

I wish people would stop putting knives into dishwashers or into cutlery drying racks holder first, with the blade sticking up. My housemate does this, with some of our sharpest knives, and there's often times that there would be something, like a plate, blocking the view of the blade. There's been many times that I've almost been stabbed reaching for a spoon.

Same thing with dishwashers - if I ever see a sharp knife sticking up, I always put it blade first.
    A relative insists they don't get cleaned properly if it's handle up

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Trivago adverts, all of them annoy the bejesus out of me, if anything they'd actually put me off using the site.

And that stupid humming in their TV ads drives me demented.

Overly friendly shop assistants on top of you at every turn.

"are you alright there?"

House hunting at the moment.

It really sucks when I see a lovely place, reasonable rent ... and then ...

Females only.

Goddamnit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement