Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Look at the bright side - Of all the things they could be doing or thinking about when they're drunk, they're thinking about you. Eh? Eh??

True I guess Pizzaman , silver linings !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Colser wrote:
    I was out Friday night and Im still recovering and its not just my feet

Oh no :( feel better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Donal Skehan.

Every time I see his side parted, bouffanted, smug looking head I have to resist the urge to throw something at the TV.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Going hypo for no reason, I just ate like an hour ago! Ah well, time for something sweet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I was walking in the Pheeno yesterday. Trying to get up and down Chesterfield Avenue in less than 1.5 hours. I am really trying.

Anyway, the amount of people who were heading towards me, picture it... kids, babies, bottles, buggies, bags, dogs, scooters, flickers.

WHO WOULD NOT MOVE LEFT OR RIGHT TO LET ME KEEP MY PACE.

I was pretty annoyed at their ignorance of my plight. Totally. How dare they ignore me!! Honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I was pretty annoyed at their ignorance of my plight. Totally. How dare they ignore me!! Honestly.

Sing or shout while walking. They will move out of your way then. No one wants to get in the way of a fruitcake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

"Mary" from the Budapest Dental Radio ad....the voice is as annoying as I imagine a demon's fart from hell. I think the same voice is featured in River Medical or some other ad that plays again and again.

I swear it's a voice whose "owner" you'd have to hit in the face repeatedly to get justice.

Menas wrote: »
    Sing or shout while walking. They will move out of your way then. No one wants to get in the way of a fruitcake!

Sing or Shout? I can hardly breathe on those walks FGS.

But I might just record something and play it out loud when I see the family from Hell approaching.

BTW you post made me LOL big time. Thanks. I feel so much better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

"Mary" from the Budapest Dental Radio ad....the voice is as annoying as I imagine a demon's fart from hell. I think the same voice is featured in River Medical or some other ad that plays again and again.

I swear it's a voice whose "owner" you'd have to hit in the face repeatedly to get justice.
    She sounds like someone on 40 fags a day....

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    She sounds like someone on 40 fags a day....

No wonder she needs new choppers so.

No wonder she needs new choppers so.
    Thats exactly what I think every time I hear the ad..

Thats exactly what I think every time I hear the ad..

I was almost tempted to go look up that ad...but nah - cant be having ads at this time on a sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Look at the bright side - Of all the things they could be doing or thinking about when they're drunk, they're thinking about you. Eh? Eh??

TA that you still haven't turned up with my 16 inch pepperoni!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

Donal Skehan.

Every time I see his side parted, bouffanted, smug looking head I have to resist the urge to throw something at the TV.

:mad:

If it's any consolation, I just had to Google him and find out who that nobody is.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Adults on social media saying 'Bored, someone message me', or 'Someone snap me'

I understand younger teens doing it because kids are kids but if you want to talk to someone then why YOU send a message instead of expecting someone else to, your highness.

• Advertisement

People who write "dh" "ds" "dd" on the pregnancy/childcare-related websites and fora. Please fuck off.

Also, Irish people who say "mate". It just sounds wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Every time I congratulate myself on getting the level of washing in the basket down below the lid so that I can actually close it, someone comes along and fires another pile on top of it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Having one of those days where everything that can go wrong does go wrong :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Queues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Every time I open the brown bin to throw in scraps, a cloud of flies rise up and swarm around my face. Uggghhhh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

People who are never on time.

It's not that hard to get to somewhere for a specific time, particularly when they're the ones who've arranged the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Non-Bank Holiday Mondays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Waking up with a pounding headache, I didn't even drink yesterday and I'm all grumpy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Daith

My housemate closing the door to the living area/kitchen when he has friends over. No problem with having friends over but the act of closing the door is annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Daith wrote: »
    My housemate closing the door to the living area/kitchen when he has friends over. No problem with having friends over but the act of closing the door is annoying.
    They're talking about you!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Daith wrote: »

Maybe he does it so he won't annoy you with having to listen to them! I can understand why he does it, he might be considerate!

73Cat wrote: »
    Every time I open the brown bin to throw in scraps, a cloud of flies rise up and swarm around my face. Uggghhhh :(
    I stopped using mine after a week or two for that very reason..used to turn my stomach and I think I saw maggots in it too:(

I have started arming myself with a tin of flyspray every time I go to the Compost bin...stop that little army of fruit flies attacking me. It works in that there are very few flies in my bin now....
    But I am worried now that I am making a load of toxic compost that will be useless. I wish Charlie Dimmock would call round and give me some ...advice.

People's stupidity. I was behind a woman who was walking her 2 dogs earlier on and one of the dogs was off lead. As we approached the road the dog almost ran under the wheels of a car, TWICE. I've seen the same thing happen before with this wan' and her dogs. Her response was to say 'don't do that Chance'. Dafuq good does she think that'll do? The dogs name is Chance, why do people tempt the fates with names like that and Lucky?

People's stupidity. I was behind a woman who was walking her 2 dogs earlier on and one of the dogs was off lead. As we approached the road the dog almost ran under the wheels of a car, TWICE. I've seen the same thing happen before with this wan' and her dogs. Her response was to say 'don't do that Chance'. Dafuq good does she think that'll do? The dogs name is Chance, why do people tempt the fates with names like that and Lucky?
    Speaking of doggie names...New neighbours moved in a few weeks ago and I was telling my daughter that their dogs name was Ass*ole :eek:because that seemed to be what their little is girl was calling it(shes about 4yrs so not very clear speech) anyway this seemed apt as the Dad is definitely one himself but thats another story:mad: Anyway I think I maybe wrong and the dogs name is Axel but Im sticking with my original guess(for the poor dog and his ass*ole of an owner).

• Advertisement

Menas wrote: »
    I have started arming myself with a tin of flyspray every time I go to the Compost bin...stop that little army of fruit flies attacking me. It works in that there are very few flies in my bin now....
    But I am worried now that I am making a load of toxic compost that will be useless. I wish Charlie Dimmock would call round and give me some ...advice.
    Any particular reason/s Charlie sprung to mind Menas and not Diarmuid Gavin?:P

A couple spring to mind now that you mention it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I can think of two

Andy Burnhams eyebrows. Mother of Jesus, whoever shaped them should be fired. They're shaped exactly as a womans brows would be shaped and they creep me out for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

TA'd that in the 8 or so days I've been away, and not reading too much boards, there are 21 new pages of TA's that I know I won't bother my arse to go back and read through!!

TA'd at myself for being lazy!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Tralee - a town that has an annual contest for the plainest looking women yet once protested against movie goddess Jayne Mansfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Checking your bank balance and realising it's poverty week until Thursday ugh

My post goes to two addresses in Dublin: one in a "poor" area (with an above average number of immigrants of non-European descent); one in a "rich" area. I'm just back from collecting the post in the former.

It bothers me that a group called Universal Church of the Kingdom of God (UCKG), established and run by the billionaire Brazilian "bishop"
    Edir Macedo, bombard poorer areas of society only with their "Join our cult" flyers promising to "Help" lost and confused poor people if they have "a sense of evil around you", "a fear of death", "fits of rage", etc. The flyers include the most maudlin, mawkish "real life" stories of misery turning to happiness with the help of the UCKG church.

It really is predatory stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Finding something on amazon and then it says SORRY THIS CAN NOT BE DELIVERED TO IRELAND. Why?!?!?!?

• Advertisement

Having to pay €50 for the doctor :( I lived in England for 3 years so I didn't have to pay. It drives me mad paying now especially when it's for something that I've been to the doctor about already!

KatW4 wrote: »
    Having to pay €50 for the doctor :( I lived in England for 3 years so I didn't have to pay. It drives me mad paying now especially when it's for something that I've been to the doctor about already!

Things are worse in the Uk now though. My father in law is a patient at a large GP practice in Essex and the last time he phoned to make an appointment he was told it would be a 5 week wait for an appointment. Then they wonder why so many people are going to A&E. A system where nobody pays for anything really doesn't work any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

I'm sure this has been put up before but no harm in pointing this out again.

People who drive to the front of a lane that is turn right or go straight, with go straight only the left lane, and wait until AFTER the lights go green to indicate right.
    So anyone behind them who, like a responsible and courteous road user, looks at others signal lights to base their driving decision makings on, gets stuck behind them until someone non-sociopathic sees them using their signal light to get out from behind F**K H**D and finally go straight.

Rant...over.

Things are worse in the Uk now though. My father in law is a patient at a large GP practice in Essex and the last time he phoned to make an appointment he was told it would be a 5 week wait for an appointment. Then they wonder why so many people are going to A&E. A system where nobody pays for anything really doesn't work any more.

Yeah to be fair that used to happen to me too. I suppose everywhere has their bad points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That dog seems like a real chancer to me.

* Gets coat *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Daithi O Se

• Advertisement

That dog seems like a real chancer to me.

* Gets coat *

There was that split second moment where I thought that I was going to see the dog get flattened under the wheels of the car and I was thinking, right I'm gonna get dragged into this circus then. Not that I'd have hesitated to help. I just hate it when people know their dog has no road sense and they leave them off lead anyway.

Finding something on amazon and then it says SORRY THIS CAN NOT BE DELIVERED TO IRELAND. Why?!?!?!?

Parcel Motel is the way to go. It saves me a small fortune in delivery charges and gets around the no delivery to Ireland policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Leaving certers on Facebook acting like they won an Oscar

People who do things for you out of sympathy rather than seeing you as an equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Daithi O Se

A right pain in the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Passive aggressiveness, a terrible trait.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement