Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

lolo62 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been put up before but no harm in pointing this out again.

People who drive to the front of a lane that is turn right or go straight, with go straight only the left lane, and wait until AFTER the lights go green to indicate right.

Protip - always leave a good space of the car in front when stopping.
    This allows you to avoid this scenario or others, say if they happen to break down as you've now room to safety manoeuvre around them.

TA - that nothing will satisfy the hunger after exercise... and I don't want to eat too much that I'll undo the good workout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My cat is too playful tonight. She's scratched me, bit my finger, stole our pringles, pulled my hair and then licked my hair. Now she's sprawled out on her own chair giving me dirty looks any time I make a noise. I just wanna cuddle her :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Babies / toddlers with their ears pierced.

It looks so knackery.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

getting a cut under your finger nail. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Driving along yesterday and got stuck behind a tractor on a narrow winding road.
    Saw a straight streach up ahead so indicated to pull out and overtake. Before I could, the driver behind me shot out and overtook me and the tractor. Completley oblivious to my indicating that I was about to overtake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Overpowering people.
    THEY are more important than you.
    THEIR children are more important than yours.
    They HAVE to be suited or else.

I would tell them to hump off but I can't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

GAA fans. Well, not GAA fans, but the ones who look down their noses on football. They annoy me. It's like they want to be as Irish as possible. They're better than football fans because they follow a sport that doesn't involve mega salaries.

KatW4 wrote: »
    My cat is too playful tonight. She's scratched me, bit my finger, stole our pringles, pulled my hair and then licked my hair. Now she's sprawled out on her own chair giving me dirty looks any time I make a noise. I just wanna cuddle her :(

Isn't it funny that when a cat is being an evil c*nt, it's considered playful?

Waking up at stupid o'clock when I'm off work >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

Kind of related - not getting to sleep at all. :mad: Have to travel (won't be driving thankfully) to Dublin today and by the time I get there I'll have been awake about 30 hours. Usually skip at least one night of sleep per week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Parents that make namby pambys out of their kids wreck my head. My little one was playing with a child whose Mam I know through a friend of mine. I'd given them both a wet wipe to wipe their faces with. My girl started chasing the other little girl with her wet wipe, laughing and trying to wipe her face. The look on her Mam's face, you would swear she was wielding an axe at the child. "Oh Jesus no, no!", she says "M is a gentle soul". This mother is very fond of commenting how there is "no rearing" on other peoples children. Give me strength, the child will have no hope when she starts school. Another kid will look at her sideways and she'll be in a heap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

i cut under my fingernail off the avocado stone while trying to pull it apart.
    its' sore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I've said it before and I'll say it again....these seagulls are doing my head in :mad:

kfallon wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again....these seagulls are doing my head in :mad:

They were squawking outside first thing this morning. Also their sh*ts are massive :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Wasps! :mad:

I'm after having one chase me for a good hundred yards there, and every time I stopped running to check was I still being followed, I could hear the little prick round the back of my head but couldn't see him. He eventually fcuked off anyway, have to be on alert for them now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I'm after having one chase me for a good hundred yards there, and every time I stopped running to check was I still being followed, I could hear the little prick round the back of my head but couldn't see him. He eventually fcuked off anyway, have to be on alert for them now :(

TA that I did not see that!

73Cat wrote: »
    They were squawking outside first thing this morning. Also their sh*ts are massive :(

5am every morning.....the cúnts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Was it Steven?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Was it Steven?

Worst. Joke. Ever.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Was it humming the Jaws tune as it approached? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Driving along yesterday and got stuck behind a tractor on a narrow winding road.
    Saw a straight streach up ahead so indicated to pull out and overtake. Before I could, the driver behind me shot out and overtook me and the tractor. Completley oblivious to my indicating that I was about to overtake.

Happens all the time. Drivers of 2nd or 3rd place vehicles in these cases always assume they have superior rights to overtake and ignore all others.

They're as annoying and dangerous as those who think continuous white line + oncoming traffic = perfect time to overtake. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Things are worse in the Uk now though. My father in law is a patient at a large GP practice in Essex and the last time he phoned to make an appointment he was told it would be a 5 week wait for an appointment. Then they wonder why so many people are going to A&E. A system where nobody pays for anything really doesn't work any more.

It depends on which practice you're registered with as well.

Any time I've needed a GP appt I seldom have to wait more than two days, and I live in London.

Under the circumstances the NHS does a terrific job, IME. Sorry, but I prefer taking my chances here over paying € 50-60 for even a basic GP visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Estate agents advertising a house in one area when its actually in another.

One Apple- that is all I planned to have for breakfast. But the one I bit in to was rotten inside.
    That taste will be with me all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone that says or types 'a feed of pints'.

Anyone that says or types 'yummy'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Omackeral wrote: »
    Anyone that says or types 'a feed of pints'.

Anyone that says or types 'yummy'.

Anyone who sees a post like this and thinks it's funny to respond by posting the exact thing being complained about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

As an animal lover and dog owner I tend to stay clear of animal cruelty threads. Because the rage I feel and nasty things I'd like to do, to anyone who would intentionally torture an innocent animal is not good for my health. So thanks to the idiot newly registered boards member, who squeezed all the savagery that was inflicted upon a poor dog into the thread title. And well done for not having the cop on to realise, that a lot of people find such threads upsetting and would prefer not to have such disturbing thread titles thrust into their face.

As an animal lover and dog owner I tend to stay clear of animal cruelty threads. Because the rage I feel and nasty things I'd like to do, to anyone who would intentionally torture an innocent animal is not good for my health. So thanks to the idiot newly registered boards member, who squeezed all the savagery that was inflicted upon a poor dog into the thread title. And well done for not having the cop on to realise, that a lot of people find such threads upsetting and would prefer not to have such disturbing thread titles thrust into their face.

I hear you. Perhaps ask a mod to change the thread title - make it less disturbing?

I have to use eye drops!!! This will be painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

We've been having this with about a gazillion swallows landing on a wire at the back of our house, outside our bedroom window every morning from stupid o'clock. I love swallows but the sooner these ones fcuk off back to Africa the better. *Waits for accusations of racism.

• Advertisement

If you're a loud snorer, I should be given the permission to punch you while you sleep.

It depends on which practice you're registered with as well.

Any time I've needed a GP appt I seldom have to wait more than two days, and I live in London.

Under the circumstances the NHS does a terrific job, IME. Sorry, but I prefer taking my chances here over paying € 50-60 for even a basic GP visit.

I used to be with the same GP practice myself, years ago, and I was surprised at the waiting time as the longest I ever had to wait was a week. I don't know what's changed to make things that bad. I had a lot of treatment on the NHS and I found most of my experiences positive, although some of it was awful, same as any country I suppose. One of the strangest experiences I had was at just how different wards in the same hospital can be.

I regularly had to have surgery and once when I was taken up to the ward to be admitted I refused to stay there as it was fricking horrendous. Dirty, overcrowded etc. I was then taken to another surgical ward that was like a hotel. There was even a patient dining room. When I was taken to my bed there was a hotel like guest pack that listed menu options etc. You could even request a snack box whenever you wanted. I had to check with the nurses that it wasn't a private ward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I understand how you feel, I had to turn the radio off when they were talking about what happened, it is just so upsetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

Things are worse in the Uk now though. My father in law is a patient at a large GP practice in Essex and the last time he phoned to make an appointment he was told it would be a 5 week wait for an appointment. Then they wonder why so many people are going to A&E. A system where nobody pays for anything really doesn't work any more.

And I thought it was bad for me having to wait 4 weeks to see a GP and that's outside of London.

People who chew gum loudly... with mouth open.

And this is in a meeting in work!!!!

Supermarkets, specifically other shoppers in supermarkets. Yesterday as I was queuing at the checkout, an aul wan' kept tipping my back with her trolley. I gave her 'the look' and continued queuing only to find her up against my fcuking elbow when I was packing. Now I only had a couple of items but she was so fecking close to me I was bumping her arm with my elbow and I just stopped packing and looked at her. She of course looked outraged at this. If she'd been 10 years younger she'd have gotten a mouthful from me, but I think what annoyed me most was that I couldn't actually say anything to her about it as it would make me look like a bitch being mean to an elderly woman.

I also managed to make a tit of myself when I overstretched in Lidl to put the basket back and hit myself on the head with the handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

^
    And specifically, morons with no spatial awareness, who decide to hover beside you when you're about to tap in the digits to pay.

This, too, requires 'the look'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just in from work and in foul form..I came on here so I could indulge my bad humour but Im cracking up every time I picture OEJ been attacked by the wasp:D:D:D Sorry Jack :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A mosquito found me in France the other night and had a right ould feed; I could hear the fecker buzzing around the room...

I counted 12 bites on my arms and ankles!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Right, so we should restructure the entire internet, as well as news reporting so that you can feel good about yourself. Do you want trigger warnings too? :rolleyes:

And if you are serious about wanting to do nasty things to people just by reading a news report, then I advise you to get counselling immediately. Get your emotions under control for your own sake dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

when your clearly standing in a que and some twat asks "are you in the que"?

also big car park lots of spaces and soneone parks in the spot right beside you when your sitting in the car

neris wrote: »
    when your clearly standing in a que and some twat asks "are you in the que"?

Que?

:D

TA - sun blazing through the window while still in work.
    What's the odds it pisses rain at 5:30? :P

Email signatures that have 'BR' or 'KR'... for Best Regards / Kind regards.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Que?

:D

TA - sun blazing through the window while still in work.
    What's the odds it pisses rain at 5:30? :P
    About 20/1 Id say:D

Supermarkets, specifically other shoppers in supermarkets. Yesterday as I was queuing at the checkout, an aul wan' kept tipping my back with her trolley. I gave her 'the look' and continued queuing only to find her up against my fcuking elbow when I was packing. Now I only had a couple of items but she was so fecking close to me I was bumping her arm with my elbow and I just stopped packing and looked at her. She of course looked outraged at this. If she'd been 10 years younger she'd have gotten a mouthful from me, but I think what annoyed me most was that I couldn't actually say anything to her about it as it would make me look like a bitch being mean to an elderly woman.

I also managed to make a tit of myself when I overstretched in Lidl to put the basket back and hit myself on the head with the handle.

Pumpkinseeds is that you :) ??

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Email signatures that have 'BR' or 'KR'... for Best Regards / Kind regards.

BR or KR is about as lazy as Tkx.

"I want to give you a salutation but cannot be arsed to type more than 3 letters. You mean that much to me and I am that busy."

Tell you what- GFY.

Odds are 1/5 on.:D

Its has to be..If Carlsberg did supermarket posts..:D

Some idiot of a woman almost crashed into me today. She pulled out on to the wrong side of the road and wouldn't go back to her own side until she sorted out her stupid cigarette. My heart >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

posters on threads who make good points and are pretty decent debaters, but have to be a cVnt about it. their attitude is their downfall. they feel that by smugly tearing other posters and their opinions down it makes them and their own views shine.

im on a training course at the moment and one of the ice breakers is describing our weekend in front of the group every Monday morning, what we did, where we went etc. it feels really intrusive and reminds me of being back at school writing ''our news'' in your copy. I don't care to listen to others waffling about going for a starbucks with their best friend or having a **** ton of pints, and I don't think they would care all that much about what i did either.

on linkedin, how people can see you've viewed their profile. Feel like a stalker so im not going near anyone's page.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement