Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

This ad on boards is annoying me.
    343309.jpg
    In what universe will a tuned Toyota Yaris (Possibly Auris) keep up with a tuned Mustang?

And notice how the Toyota is silver coloured!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Being awake when I want to be asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭bobbyss

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Being awake when I want to be asleep.

Listening to repeat programmes in the middle of the night that you have already heard during the middle of the day.
    People who take off their shoes on coach journeys.
    The clanging of coat hangers in a wardrobe and they all getting entangled.
    People who comb their hair at work in full view of other staff.
    People who stir their tea with a spoon making a horrendous noise.
    Arab (particularly) politicians/spokesmen with bad English using the word 'gonna': 'We have meeting in White House and we gonna talk about problems Middle East.'
    Lillian Smith on RTE radio endlessly calling out requests from people.
    People who say 'de' instead of 'the'. 'Da problem is ...'
    Gay people on marches/demonstrations dressed up in frivolous costumes making themselves vulnerable to mockery. Talk about own goals.
    Most Radio DJs.
    Nicky Byrne. Can't stand the sight of him. (Strange he hasn't started on a solo career...?)
    Mature people (ie people who should know better) using rising intonation ie a sentence ending in a questioning tone eg: 'I went to see my bank manager about a mortgage?'
    Ryan Turbidy
    Gerry Ryan
    Man wearing ponytails.
    People with tatoos.
    BBC Four (TV) not starting until 7 pm.
    Eileen Dunne's lack of wit, originality:'Next to come on the 9 O Clock news'.
    Des Cahill's laziness
    My dog when she ignores me.
    Men going around in Feb/March wearing cheap garish coloured shorts.
    Female students wearing those hot pants with tights when they do not have the shape for it.

I think I feel a bit better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,360 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ratmouse wrote: »
    And notice how the Toyota is silver coloured!

I can only see the mustang

Yet another silver car with no lights on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I got really annoyed watching Sky news this morning, well more annoyed with it than usual. Unsubstantiated claims from some anonymous ex girlfriend of the pilot who crashed the flight during the week, implying that he had intended to crash a plane, are ridiculous. He's dead so he can't dispute those accusations and Sky are being just vague enough to avoid saying that he intended to crash the flight, but the implication is there all the same.

I mean ffs, enough already. I hate when the media starts that kind of bull sh*t. She can say whatever she likes without fear of being identified and challenged and I doubt she gave them a story for free. So she's cashing in on other people's grief.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Bleaghaackk!!!
    FFS, wait til you get OFF the bus before you spray skanky deodorant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Women that put lipstick on about an extra half inch around their lips to make them look bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that I agreed to go to something tonight that I have no interest in.

Double TA that I couldn't think of an excuse not to go and sit at home guilt free for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Tension headache from the tension in my neck and shoulders. No matter what I try to kill the headache with, it just won't go away.

Tension headache from the tension in my neck and shoulders. No matter what I try to kill the headache with, it just won't go away.

I feel your pain Pumpkinseeds, literally. Difene is my only friend in that situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

ratmouse wrote: »
    I feel your pain Pumpkinseeds, literally. Difene is my only friend in that situation.

My wife finds that shouting at me helps with her headaches. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA by my very sore throat :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

kfallon wrote: »
    TA by my very sore throat :mad:

Honey and lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when you order something off a menu with high hopes considering the price, and it turns out nothing like you expected, and come away disappointed, or you enjoy the food but there's not enough of it to justify the price. desserts are a nightmare for this.

when companies change the recipe of your favourite foods resulting in them not tasting nearly as good as they used to.

also when tv/game companies relaunch their once popular shows/games and water them down for the younger generation, making them less edgy and more PG friendly.

the post takeaway guilt of ordering too much and therefore eating too much, looking at the spare leftovers you could've done without, but were starving and thought you could manage, eyes bigger than your belly. the sense of greed really sets in when you're four or five slices into a pizza, and cant stomach the garlic bread and chicken wings you got with it, or when you start with the garlic bread/chicken, and are full before you can even start on the pizza. the thrill of the binge is good at first though.

when people see quietness as weakness, and refer to it negatively. so many people just love to fill the silence with pointless sh1t that just sounds like they're trying too hard.

eternal wrote: »
    Honey and lemon.

Thanks for the tip and for calling me honey :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

When I've just come across a hilarious link that I want to share on boards - but I can't for another 8 days, as I've made a new account.

*holds you all in suspense*

When I've just come across a hilarious link that I want to share on boards - but I can't for another 8 days, as I've made a new account.

*holds you all in suspense*

More in suspense about what your old account was ;)

More in suspense about what your old account was ;)

Well, let's just say my new username wasn't designed to get people wondering that... I jsut have too little imagination :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Our neighbour died this week and as people were coming out to the house we opened our yard up as a carpark. The family asked us to only let older people drive down to the house because they have quite a small yard.

The amount of rude people who complained and moaned at us, making up excuses to try and drive down instead of making the short walk. Ugh respect the family's wishes, they're having a horrible time as it is without ignorant people doing as they please.

Well, let's just say my new username wasn't designed to get people wondering that... I jsut have too little imagination :P

Give us a clue!!!

TA that I got an email saying that my Parcel Motel depot is closing, it was so handy to call in on my way home from football and collect my deliveries. New depot I have to use is across the river and may be slightly further away from me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Give us a clue!!!

TA that I got an email saying that my Parcel Motel depot is closing, it was so handy to call in on my way home from football and collect my deliveries. New depot I have to use is across the river and may be slightly further away from me :rolleyes:
    Pretty nailed on I know/suspect who it was.....which is an indictment of my life :/

Pretty nailed on I know/suspect who it was.....which is an indictment of my life :/

C'mon then Poirot, spill the beans :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

C'mon then Poirot, spill the beans :P

No....as it would not be fair and afaik againest the rules to speculate on posters previous identities

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Mod

Don't speculate on a users identity/previous account please. There's likely a good reason they closed it for a new one.

TA - losing an hour's sleep in the morning :P didn't even realise it was happening and plan ahead.

might need an early night tonight, not losing no sleep for no one ;)

Robsweezie wrote: »
    when you order something off a menu with high hopes considering the price, and it turns out nothing like you expected, and come away disappointed, or you enjoy the food but there's not enough of it to justify the price. desserts are a nightmare for this.

when companies change the recipe of your favourite foods resulting in them not tasting nearly as good as they used to.

also when tv/game companies relaunch their once popular shows/games and water them down for the younger generation, making them less edgy and more PG friendly.

the post takeaway guilt of ordering too much and therefore eating too much, looking at the spare leftovers you could've done without, but were starving and thought you could manage, eyes bigger than your belly. the sense of greed really sets in when you're four or five slices into a pizza, and cant stomach the garlic bread and chicken wings you got with it, or when you start with the garlic bread/chicken, and are full before you can even start on the pizza. the thrill of the binge is good at first though.

when people see quietness as weakness, and refer to it negatively. so many people just love to fill the silence with pointless sh1t that just sounds like they're trying too hard.

TA i'm dying for garlic bread now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

That coca cola ad where it's shot from the perspective of the person giving the bottle of coke.

the part that really annoys me is the girl getting proposed to. You know, you see her reaching for a bottle of coke and then a hand with a ring appears.

There's a shot then later of both him and her drinking the coke. both her hands are visible....but where's the ring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

When you hit the sack, very tired. Go to bathroom, have a pee, brush the gnashers and climb in between the nice clean sheets, and drowsily listen to the podcast you love.

FOR FIVE MINUTES....

because you need to pee again. How did that happen? And how TA is that!

Destroys all the lovely sleep mode big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I suppose you could demand not to need a pee and stay in your bed. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Piss the bed....show your bladder who's boss :P

I suppose you could demand not to need a pee and stay in your bed. :pac:

If you could share your success with that demand I'd be delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

That friend that only gets in contact when they're looking for sympathy / having a tough time / wants to moan etc, it's at least twice a week now! and there's rarely a 'How are you Angry_Mammarys?' It's just non stop me me me me me !!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

When you see the canteen have burgers/chicken burgers on the menu.
    You're thinking 'oh lovely.'

You go up at dinner time to get them and there they are.

There big huge extra large jumbo buns,
    with a **** little button of a burger inside :(

deise08 wrote: »

yep, and then you have to cut round the edge of the burger and cut the bread away so you feel like you've a massive burger after all... so annoying :D

deise08 wrote: »

At least ye have a canteen :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,360 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Them: Ah, you're a leftie!!!
    Me: Your powers of observation are impeccable

The amazement baffles me.

When someone parks outside my driveway and I cannot get out of there.

Even with grease on either side of my jalopy. Stuck.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. And I don't know who owns the car either.

That is probably MORE than TA if I am being honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

It is more than a TA..

Give the Garda a call..

S.I No 182/1997 Road Traffic (traffic and parking) Regulations 1997

36. (2) A vehicle shall not be parked—

( g ) in any place, position or manner that will result in the vehicle obstructing an entrance or an exit for vehicles to or from a premises, save with the consent of the occupier of such premises;

If you are in Dublin City give the clampers a call.. Got a car shifted for me..

Happened me before. Others were constantly blocking my drive and one night I needed to go collect my younger sister from work and couldn't get out. That was the night I had had enough. Called the guards and they gave the owner, who had a right attitude on him, a good going over. Never happened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

That friend that only gets in contact when they're looking for sympathy / having a tough time / wants to moan etc, it's at least twice a week now! and there's rarely a 'How are you Angry_Mammarys?' It's just non stop me me me me me !!

Ugh I have a few friends like this. I just don't bother meeting them now. It drives me mad when people don't think to ask you a question. It's made me ridiculously aware of it when speaking to someone so now I ask too many questions.

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »
    Ugh I have a few friends like this. I just don't bother meeting them now. It drives me mad when people don't think to ask you a question. It's made me ridiculously aware of it when speaking to someone so now I ask too many questions.

I have a friend and an aunt like that. My aunt in particular is exceptionally bad. She will talk non stop about every aspect of her life, even down to the exciting nitty gritty of how her husband, her son and her daughter all like their spuds cooked and will not ask any one else how they are or what news they have. Seriously, what way they like their spuds cooked!!

dubscottie wrote: »
    It is more than a TA..

Give the Garda a call..

S.I No 182/1997 Road Traffic (traffic and parking) Regulations 1997

36. (2) A vehicle shall not be parked—

( g ) in any place, position or manner that will result in the vehicle obstructing an entrance or an exit for vehicles to or from a premises, save with the consent of the occupier of such premises;

If you are in Dublin City give the clampers a call.. Got a car shifted for me..

Thank you, it is great to have a reference to legislation when calling the Guards.

I just did not know what to do except be very annoyed!

And it happened again, before your post. But I didn't need to go out so I just let it go at the time,

But... I took down the reg all the same! thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that the wind has battered and near killed the first flowering tulip in our garden.

Thank you, it is great to have a reference to legislation when calling the Guards.

I just did not know what to do except be very annoyed!

And it happened again, before your post. But I didn't need to go out so I just let it go at the time,

But... I took down the reg all the same! thank you.

My experience is the Garda won't come out if they are "busy" but take pictures and the reg number.. I got on to the councillor who gave me the direct number for the clampers. Called them, car was moved but back to square one now..

Its a TA that will get out of control and will just get worse if you don't nip it in the bud now.. I know! I let it go on too long!

Note the obstruction bit also.. If you have to do a 40 point turn manoeuvre to get into or out your drive, its obstruction.. Or so I was told..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Thursday weddings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Swiping left instead of right by mistake :(

Deco99 wrote: »
    Thursday weddings.

Could be worse.. Someone here has a wedding to go to on Good Friday.. No drink..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that despite myself and my thoughts I really enjoyed the event that I had zero interest in going to tonight.

dubscottie wrote: »
    Could be worse.. Someone here has a wedding to go to on Good Friday.. No drink..

I thought hotels can serve drink to residents on Good Friday?

I thought hotels can serve drink to residents on Good Friday?

So did I .. Think it was in the wedding forum..

My TA.. who sang "I am not going to live in silence, I m not going to live in fear"??

Cant find it on tube!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement