Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

At petrol stations when the person in front of you is paying for their fuel but doesn't know the pump number despite the fact it's right above your head when filling. Always when I'm in a rush too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

My debit card is refusing to work. Declined twice today, and I've checked and there is money on it. It's so embarrassing because it happened in front of one of my friends who just assumed I had no money in my account. Have to wait until tomorrow evening to get into the bank :( GRRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

When you bite in to a sweet to discover that it has licorice in it.
    I mean WTF?

Menas wrote: »
    I mean WTF?

That's just cruel, liquorice is the devils confectionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

EazyD wrote: »
    That's just cruel, liquorice is the devils confectionary.
    Agreed..one of the few things I detest the taste of..:(

• Advertisement

Need to crack open a bottle of wine to wash my mouth out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Need to crack open a bottle of wine to wash my mouth out.
    Sure what else could you do..I might do the same after reading about your experience:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I swear to god, people will be the death of me.
    Stupid, self absorbed arrogant people.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

All the beeping noises in the bank. The double security door. The self-service ATM. At least I had money to deposit for a change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Lost the dog on the run. All of our dogs have died young over the years, I always fear the worst when she doesn't return straight away. She's good to come and if she doesn't come straight away there's probably a good reason! I had a feeling she's gone home and she was there. :) She's panting pretty heavily, she probably legged it home thinking I'd gone ahead or shall I say 'pawed' it home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Herpes Cineplex

Right, so we should restructure the entire internet, as well as news reporting so that you can feel good about yourself. Do you want trigger warnings too? :rolleyes:

And if you are serious about wanting to do nasty things to people just by reading a news report, then I advise you to get counselling immediately. Get your emotions under control for your own sake dude.

Ah here you're spewing nonsesnse, so I think you need to calm down, take some deep breaths and step away from the keybord Rocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Americans writing the date arseways. Can they not just do it the same as the rest of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

TA that my trivial annoyances are repeating themselves. Power cuts, phone falling through a hole in my pocket, it's never going to end. :o

As an animal lover and dog owner I tend to stay clear of animal cruelty threads. Because the rage I feel and nasty things I'd like to do, to anyone who would intentionally torture an innocent animal is not good for my health. So thanks to the idiot newly registered boards member, who squeezed all the savagery that was inflicted upon a poor dog into the thread title. And well done for not having the cop on to realise, that a lot of people find such threads upsetting and would prefer not to have such disturbing thread titles thrust into their face.

I was just complaining about the cruelty threads in ah as well, it makes me sad

not that I think it should be censored* it's just so sad
    *unless the title was more graphic than it is now in which case yes

I mean WTF?

licorice is horrible!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

People who let their barking dogs out to the garden late at night or very early in the morning. Some of our neighbours do both, and I get that the dogs need a toilet break, but that being said, they don't need to be left to bark continuously for upwards of an hour.

My next door neighbour leaves her dog out all the time, not just at night or in the morning. All you can hear is continuous yapping all night long. Sets all the other dogs in the neighbourhood off too, so trying to sleep is almost impossible. I'm worn out with it. Do the owners of these dogs not hear it themselves like??!

My TA today was the bird who decided to relieve itself on not one, not two, but three items of clothing on my washing line, which all now have to be rewashed. My laundry detergent must have inbuilt bird pheromones in it or something :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Email signatures that have 'BR' or 'KR'... for Best Regards / Kind regards.

Is this now 'a thing'? Oh good Lord!

Recently got into Twitter. Have some followers, much of who seem to be YouTubers that are just starting out. My feed is now jam packed with "follow this person", "thanks for the follow", etc. and I'm regularly getting messages that say, "check out my video".

Is this really what Twitter is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

"YouTube culture" where YouTube personalities are now molded into mainstream celebrities and being plastered all over teen magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

On the train to do a Religious Certificate course so I am finally a fully qualified teacher, 3 years after I graduated. Not impressed. I did religion as part of my PGCE but just because it's not Catholic I have to pay a stupid amount of money and spend a year doing this course. All to read from the Alive-O book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Those fcuking Uber car ads on here that - no matter how you try to avoid it - take you on to another window for their sales pish when scrolling via phone. Fcuk off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

The over use of the word "literally".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Radio5 wrote: »
    The over use of the word "literally".

and 'Clearly'

Seven Worlds will Collide

and 'Clearly'

Honorable mention for 'Obviously' too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

obviously you've clearly never needed to literally explain something basically

A windy day when you're out for a run.

Smelly people. And people who clearly don't brush their teeth and have that rank halitosis smell from their breath when speaking. Ughhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

How stuff is described as a 'hack' - a new way to use kitchen roll being described as a 'lifehack', for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

My next door neighbour leaves her dog out all the time, not just at night or in the morning. All you can hear is continuous yapping all night long. Sets all the other dogs in the neighbourhood off too, so trying to sleep is almost impossible. I'm worn out with it. Do the owners of these dogs not hear it themselves like??!

My TA today was the bird who decided to relieve itself on not one, not two, but three items of clothing on my washing line, which all now have to be rewashed. My laundry detergent must have inbuilt bird pheromones in it or something :mad:

The thing with my neighbours dogs is that all of them who let their dogs out to the back yard sleep at the rear of their houses so they aren't really affected by the barking, but we sleep at the back of our house, so we're getting the brunt of the noise. Like your situation, once 1 dog starts they all start barking. Last year my next door neighbour made a bitchy comment about the smell of what she called cat s&it at the back of the terrace, until I pointed out to her that our cats don't s&it on concrete and what she was smelling was the putrefying dog s&it in the neighbours gardens and bins.

I badly sprained my thumb last night and it bloody hurts, at first I thought I'd broken it. One of our cats has decided that he once again despises another of our cats and that he's either going to kill him or drive him off. I thought he'd grown out of that crap, it's been 2 years now since the other cat arrived. We hired a carpet cleaning machine a couple of weeks ago and did all our carpets, I think that's what set him off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ah here you're spewing nonsesnse, so I think you need to calm down, take some deep breaths and step away from the keybord Rocky.

HC, you're better off not wasting time heeding it, feeding it or quoting it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The OH's mother giving our 7 month old a plastic bag to play with (on 2 occasions no less)

Are you füçkîñg serious???????

Flight home tomorrow couldn't come quick enough!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Horseflys :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭NotYourYear20

I badly sprained my thumb last night and it bloody hurts, at first I thought I'd broken it. One of our cats has decided that he once again despises another of our cats and that he's either going to kill him or drive him off. I thought he'd grown out of that crap, it's been 2 years now since the other cat arrived. We hired a carpet cleaning machine a couple of weeks ago and did all our carpets, I think that's what set him off again.

Something tells me this is a job for some kind of Ovelord of felines, hang on, wait a sec.................

Something tells me this is a job for some kind of Ovelord of felines, hang on, wait a sec.................

Yep, this particular Feline Overlord has been wrangling cats til 6am this morning. Lots of expletives were used, no cats were harmed, try as one might to get at the object of his hatred who had the prime spot on our bed. Fcuks sake, it's like having 4 toddlers sometimes. But we love the little buggers anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

No licence needed for cats when they kill a lot more than dogs do, and they can cause blindness in old people.

• Advertisement

fiachr_a wrote: »
    No licence needed for cats when they kill a lot more than dogs do, and they can cause blindness in old people.

If I don't feed you will you go away and talk sh*t somewhere else? Cause blindness in old people my arse, Jaysus wept.

I'll have you know i've got a fully licensed pussy and the forms to prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

That moment when it starts lashing with rain... and you realise your clothes are still hanging outside on the line. Now infused with dewdrop conditioner overnight.

Summer my hairy arse!

I'll have you know i've got a fully licensed pussy and the forms to prove it

or should I say, the certificats to prove it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When cashiers give you the loose change stacked on top of the notes, so that the coins they slide off and you have to pick them all up while being glared at by the queue behind you! Even when I stretch out my hand for the coins separately they insist on doing it Worse still is in the Mickey D's drive in and they fall on the ground.
    Hand me the coins, I slip them in to the purse then take the notes and go on my way - systems people!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Fiachra

If you read the article you will repeatedly come across the words COULD and APPEAR. Those are used when no actual evidence for the theory exists. A theory is only valid until someone disproves it. The theory put forward in that article doesn't appear in any medical journals. They have no credible scientific evidence to back up their theory. If, in the highly unlikely event that the Lancet medical journal publishes an article stating that cats cause blindness in the elderly I will continue to view the telegraph article as the utter horse sh*t that they routinely put forward as science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It's annoying the way Ed Sheeran says "Sickth St" in the song Photograph. It's Sixth St. dammit !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

I can't believe how many people don't like liquorice here. You are all fukced up.....but it should probably make me happy so I can eat it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

I can't believe how many people don't like liquorice here. You are all fukced up.....but it should probably make me happy so I can eat it all!

Get out!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

On the bus beside some bastard with no idea of personal space. Legs pushed out as far as will go and elbows following suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Liquorice is unreal! I remember you could, maybe still can, get these solid liquorice bars in a black wrapper with picture of a Panda on them.

73Cat wrote: »
    Liquorice is unreal! I remember you could, maybe still can, get these solid liquorice bars in a black wrapper with picture of a Panda on them.

You still can get em, I get them in Holland and Barrett, they're one of the few veggie friendly sweets you can get. Henry Goodes range is yummy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

You can get them indeed, but I prefer the extra salty liquorice which you can actually find in those retro sweet shops! Strangely, they usually never seem to be out of stock...

You can get them indeed, but I prefer the extra salty liquorice which you can actually find in those retro sweet shops! Strangely, they usually never seem to be out of stock...

You can buy them online too. I got a big box of retro sweets for my brother once and the following week Lidl had all the retro stuff in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement