Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

You can buy them online too. I got a big box of retro sweets for my brother once and the following week Lidl had all the retro stuff in.

Ah I actually never thought of buying food online, I think my wife would kill me if I dared to buy sweets that she deems "disgusting". I usually stock up when I go back, knowing that nobody here will scavenge through the drawers and devour my bounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Bought garlic cheese dough balls, from tesco and only a tiny drop of cheese :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

People still insist on pebble dashing the jacks and leaving it for some other sap to discover. And the smell....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

nicki11 wrote: »
    Bought garlic cheese dough balls, from tesco and only a tiny drop of cheese :(

I feel your pain, I've never tried garlic cheese dough balls (tbh they sound rank :() but their scotch eggs are nothing to write home about - a bare skim of sausage on what must be a sparrows egg, and a dry egg at that. The crust is ok though, but they're nothing like the scotch eggs in a chipper up the country - massive, massive things they are, a huge egg surrounded by a half inch of sausage meat, then a crispy golden breadcrumb crust. I can never have just one, because when I do, I'm wishing I'd bought a second one :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Went to get something to eat this evening. Saw no kids in the cafe so thought great it will be reasonable quiet i spoke to soon. A mother & her 3 brats arrived in the first one started screaming she wanted something the other one decides to go have a run, after all that the mother decides she needs to take a picture of the kids & moves the high chair round to the side of the table i was at walloping it off my leg. To top it all off not only could she not control her kids but she didn't even have the basic manners to apologise. Some people just don't realise manners cost nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

I feel your pain, I've never tried garlic cheese dough balls (tbh they sound rank :() but their scotch eggs are nothing to write home about - a bare skim of sausage on what must be a sparrows egg, and a dry egg at that. The crust is ok though, but they're nothing like the scotch eggs in a chipper up the country - massive, massive things they are, a huge egg surrounded by a half inch of sausage meat, then a crispy golden breadcrumb crust. I can never have just one, because when I do, I'm wishing I'd bought a second one :o

I like the dominoes pepperoni ones and thought Tesco would be a cheaper alternative but alas no, (dough balls are similar to mozzarella sticks but with a less crunchy coating) it was basicly a lump of dough with a sprinkle of cheese (chicago dough balls if your wondering), highly disappointing:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

JillyQ wrote: »
    Went to get something to eat this evening. Saw no kids in the cafe so thought great it will be reasonable quiet i spoke to soon. A mother & her 3 brats arrived in the first one started screaming she wanted something the other one decides to go have a run, after all that the mother decides she needs to take a picture of the kids & moves the high chair round to the side of the table i was at walloping it off my leg. To top it all off not only could she not control her kids but she didn't even have the basic manners to apologise. Some people just don't realise manners cost nothing.

What an inconsiderate bitch, god forgive me but I hate cnuts like her! And her kids... Discipline isn't exactly costly either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

It has been said before...but Lidl.
    I went in this morning to get a baguette and left with a big tin of outdoor woodstain.
    Which means that I intend to paint the garden fences? When did I convince myself to do that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

When people refer to Gaelic football as Gaa. Gaa includes other sports. In fact, it includes hurling which is infinitely better and more historic than Gaelic football so there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Menas wrote: »
    I went in this morning to get a baguette and left with a big tin of outdoor woodstain.
    Which means that I intend to paint the garden fences? When did I convince myself to do that?!

I actually went looking for that a couple of weeks ago, we need to revarnish the gate we paid almost 300 quid for only 6 months ago, but they didn't have the colour we need. I may be looking at the reflective gear today though.

I actually went looking for that a couple of weeks ago, we need to revarnish the gate we paid almost 300 quid for only 6 months ago, but they didn't have the colour we need. I may be looking at the reflective gear today though.

The LED headlight was jumping out at me today too. Only a fiver. And sure you never know when you may need to strap a light to your head....:(

The LED headlight was jumping out at me today too. Only a fiver. And sure you never know when you may need to strap a light to your head....:(
    I was thinking of the belt with the little pouch in it. Be handy for keeping a key in when I'm out for a walk. Other trivial annoyance is I have to get my butt in gear and head off to the doc. I put off going back and my lung infections got a stronger hold. Should take at least an hour of sitting around waiting to be seen, yey me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I went in for wine and bananas, and came out with an outboard motor and a saw.....you never know:D

I know it's been said...but impatient pricks!!

This morning (twice) driving in town traffic, I am coming up to my left turn and indicating for same, when Speedy Gonzalez behind me decides he needs to overtake me....I mean what's the fcuken point! We are only moving at about 20kph, and there is a load of cars in front of me. He would not even have had to stop behind me...I was actually getting out of his way.

Knob jockey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Moar supermarket guerrilla warfare:

Brain-dead checkout operators who fling your items at you quicker than you can pack them properly.

Again, 'the look' is required here. A muttering of 'FFS' under breath an additional extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

That calls for the ballad of lidl & aldi. I know it's been posted before, but it is oh, so true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

seagull wrote: »

C'mere you.....YA BOLLIX!!!! :mad:
    Will you and your mates ever shut the fúck up roarin' and squakin' at all hours of the morn, some people are trying to sleep ffs :mad: :mad:

:pac:

People cycling on foot paths, especially when the foot path has a fcuking cycle lane along side it.

My neighbour has her undies on the line. I am working from home...but cant stop looking out at her brassiers and oversized knickers blowing in the wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

People cycling on foot paths, especially when the foot path has a fcuking cycle lane along side it.

Similarly, people jogging on the road when there is an empty footpath a mile wide. They are just begging to be hit by a car! I'd love to hear their reason for this, as it mystifys me as to a) is there some magical difference in jogging on the road compared to the footpath or b) why they would risk their lives as traffic speeds by, as I saw while driving on a busy link road the other day.

• Advertisement

I know a lot of people liked Cilla Black, but I don't think her funeral is worthy of a broadcast on Sky news or any news channel for that matter, slow news day.

73Cat wrote: »
    Similarly, people jogging on the road when there is an empty footpath a mile wide. They are just begging to be hit by a car! I'd love to hear their reason for this, as it mystifys me as to a) is there some magical difference in jogging on the road compared to the footpath or b) why they would risk their lives as traffic speeds by, as I saw while driving on a busy link road the other day.

In fairness to joggers on roads the bloody foot paths are often so uneven it's easy to twist an ankle, especially at night so I guess they prefer the risk. My bitch about joggers is the local running club go out running a few times a week and block up the foot path en masse which means you have to cross the road to avoid them because they won't let you pass them.

I know a lot of people liked Cilla Black, but I don't think her funeral is worthy of a broadcast on Sky news or any news channel for that matter, slow news day.

Well she did have a lorra, lorra fans.

That's it, I am going home:P

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Well she did have a lorra, lorra fans.

That's it, I am going home:P

That has TA'ed me more than anything! Begone with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

My neighbour has her undies on the line. I am working from home...but cant stop looking out at her brassiers and oversized knickers blowing in the wind.
    Close the blinds/curtains,sit with your back to the window,concentrate on your work,practice self dicipline...come on menas knuckle down and stop blaming a few bits of material for your lack of work ethic:(:p

Colser wrote: »
    Close the blinds/curtains,sit with your back to the window,concentrate on your work,practice self dicipline...come on menas knuckle down and stop blaming a few bits of material for your lack of work ethic:(:p

Self discipline? It is like you don't know me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Aglomerado wrote: »
    A mosquito found me in France the other night and had a right ould feed..

Found you in France? Feck me, if it followed you all the way from Ireland. Then that's one very determined and pretty psychotic mosquito.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Found you in France? Feck me, if it followed you all the way from Ireland. Then that's one very determined and pretty psychotic mosquito.:pac:

I shouldn't have left details of my travel itinerary printed out on the kitchen table...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

My neighboour.

Our black bin was overflowing so we held back one bag of rubbish for the next collection.

Neighbour stops me this morning and says "When are you going to get rid of that bag of rubbish?"

The bag was placed somewhere he could only see it if he climbed to the top of the separating fence and looked straight down in to our yard. So I asked him when he was going to stop being so nosey. He replied with a comment about avoiding "long tailed beasties", he didn't want to listen to me about the bag being filled with broken toys, old clothes and nothing food based.

This is the same guy who cut down our tree, which I mentioned earlier in this thread.

This reminds me of you Menas, go to 4 min & 55 secs here....

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I shouldn't have left details of my travel itinerary printed out on the kitchen table...

Happens to the best of us.

"Dale".

Dale is five, spends most of his playing outdoors up till 11:00pm some nights. My son is "sort of" his friend.

Unfortunately Dale doesn't have boundaries. He has walked in to our house on several occasions and helped himself to food or toys. Even when he wasn't playing with my son. If a door is open he'll just walk in. This usually happen when my son is playing with someone else and the front door is unlocked.

Me and the wife have both spoken to his mother about this, but she told us to stop worrying about as he's only five.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

grundie wrote: »
    "Dale".

Dale is five, spends most of his playing outdoors up till 11:00pm some nights. My son is "sort of" his friend.

Unfortunately Dale doesn't have boundaries. He has walked in to our house on several occasions and helped himself to food or toys. Even when he wasn't playing with my son. If a door is open he'll just walk in. This usually happen when my son is playing with someone else and the front door is unlocked.

Me and the wife have both spoken to his mother about this, but she told us to stop worrying about as he's only five.

There used to be a kid like that in my neighbourhood when I was growing up. He was older than "Dale", though, and for about five years (I suppose from when he was 7 till about 12 or so) he spent so much time in our house it was like having a little brother...

Every day after school, even though his own house was closer to the school than ours was! He was 3 years younger than me. One day I was home alone and went to my room for something. I went back to the living room and there he was sitting there making himself at home!

He even shouted at me one evening for passing in front of OUR TV while he was watching it! He got told to fúck off that day (by me!) and stormed out the door!
    His parents spent most of the time in the pub and just because my mum was nice to him one day it was like having a stray dog around the place. His mum is still living locally and is the sort of person who doesn't have the word "thanks" in her vocabulary...
    Last I heard of him he's in England. Not a bad kid but extremely annoying. And this was in a tiny rural village, not some sink estate!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

In fairness to joggers on roads the bloody foot paths are often so uneven it's easy to twist an ankle, especially at night so I guess they prefer the risk. My bitch about joggers is the local running club go out running a few times a week and block up the foot path en masse which means you have to cross the road to avoid them because they won't let you pass them.

This. Irish footpaths are a nightmare, uneven for the most part with cracks, hidden manhole covers, dramatic ups and downs from one kerb to another. Concrete is also very tough on the joints so a lot of times runners go for tarmacadam as it has more shock absorption.

This reminds me of you Menas, go to 4 min & 55 secs here....

Ah now! Dont be calling me a peeping tom....TA at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Ah now! Dont be calling me a peeping tom....TA at that!
    We wouldnt do that..why dont you just call over and ask your neighbour to take them off? See what she calls ya:D

Colser wrote: »
    We wouldnt do that..why dont you just call over and ask your neighbour to take them off? See what she calls ya:D

I happen to live in a respectable neighborhood where we do not call round to each other requesting removal of underwear.
    Besides, her husband is bigger than me.

About 15 years ago I heard my mother calling for me to come upstairs really quickly. When I got there she was looking in to the neighbours yard where he was lying on his lawn.

My mother was convinced his lad was hanging out of his jeans and she was wondering why he was trying to tan his love truncheon. Typical Irish mum hysteria about the whole affair, wondering if she should call the police etc.

Turns out it was just his belt hanging loose and it looked like his seduction snake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I happen to live in a respectable neighborhood where we do not call round to each other requesting removal of underwear.
    Besides, her husband is bigger than me.

You could remove them yourself, but as her husband is bigger than you, this might not be recommended,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Minions.

And more specifically "minion quotes" on Facebook.

The amount of seemingly fully functioning adults that are obsessed with them or post those brain dead meme's all the time.

"If you think Im bad you should see my sister"

FCUK OFF!!

So.

Much.

Rage.

:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

My weekly visit to the local library never ceases to amaze. Never have I seen a collection of people who should not be working in a library. Today, I gave the lady there my card, she asked my name and I replied it was on the card. She then reads it and broadcasts my name as loudly as possible to everyone in the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

fiachr_a wrote: »
    My weekly visit to the local library never ceases to amaze. Never have I seen a collection of people who should not be working in a library. Today, I gave the lady there my card, she asked my name and I replied it was on the card. She then reads it and broadcasts my name as loudly as possible to everyone in the library.

Ha ha, try working in one.

My lung infection is driving me mad, every time I cough I feel like I'm going to throw up.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm not much of a drinker. I would have one once in a blue moon. I don't go out at weekends unless I'm invited by others, I don't have/go to sessions. Yeah I'm boring, shoot me. I never think of organizing nights out I just don't really like spending 30-40 quid on nights out.

TA: Girlfriend text me today to spontaneously inform me that her sister and now new fiancé are making a night of it at the weekend. She proceeds to tell me that I need to keep extra money (out of my budget) for drink. I said no I won't drink I'll be fine with coke or water.

She got thick about it, and then gave out that I should stop wasting my money on stupid things (I'm a gamer, I like to buy gaming stuff as well as obviously feed myself). As if the alcohol was a complete and utter necessity. I wasn't being "social" if I wasn't having an alcoholic drink.

She isn't even a drinker herself, I don't know where she gets these out-of-the-blue cranky attitudes.

I love the girl to death but good lord she gets annoyed over the wrong things. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm not much of a drinker. I would have one once in a blue moon. I don't go out at weekends unless I'm invited by others, I don't have/go to sessions. Yeah I'm boring, shoot me. I never think of organizing nights out I just don't really like spending 30-40 quid on nights out.

TA: Girlfriend text me today to spontaneously inform me that her sister and now new fiancé are making a night of it at the weekend. She proceeds to tell me that I need to keep extra money (out of my budget) for drink. I said no I won't drink I'll be fine with coke or water.

She got thick about it, and then gave out that I should stop wasting my money on stupid things (I'm a gamer, I like to buy gaming stuff as well as obviously feed myself). As if the alcohol was a complete and utter necessity. I wasn't being "social" if I wasn't having an alcoholic drink.

She isn't even a drinker herself, I don't know where she gets these out-of-the-blue cranky attitudes.

I love the girl to death but good lord she gets annoyed over the wrong things. :o

Jesus. A TA like that would nearly drive you to the drink :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Reality TV

Seen an ad for Katie price in therapy....it annoys me that there's a market for this type programme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My usual hairdresser not open the other day when I called by shortly after its official opening time. Came back half an hour later and still no sign of life.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Radio interviews when the first word of their answer to the opening question is 'so.......'

califano wrote: »
    Radio interviews when the first word of their answer to the opening question is 'so.......'

Nearly as bad as when they start of with "First let me explain to you...."

Chris O'Donohue is great at stopping interviewees spouting that crap.

That upc advert with the lost dog. It's just stupid.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement