Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I moved the kettle to a socket with a switch, and keep forgetting to flick the switch. I'm constantly assuming the kettle has boiled and throwing cold water into the cup.
    I picked up what I thought was a blueberry muffin in the shop, as I didn't fancy chocolate. When I got home it was some kind of toffee affair with chocolate on the bottom. I really wanted a blueberry muffin :(. I would have made coffee, not tea, if I'd known it was a chocolatey toffeeish one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

califano wrote: »
    Radio interviews when the first word of their answer to the opening question is 'so.......'

Any interview that begins with,

"Well basically..." "To be fair..." or "At the end of the day..." WHAT F**KING DAY???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

califano wrote: »
    Radio interviews when the first word of their answer to the opening question is 'so.......'

Girl in work starts every sentence with 'so'.

It is so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Fúck-wits that stop a whole car's length before the lights...

I don't know why it irks me so but it does :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Fúck-wits that stop a whole car's length before the lights...

I don't know why it irks me so but it does :mad:

Two main reasons... If some 'Fúck-wit' isn't paying attention and happens to crash into the back of them, their car won't jump forward too far to put crossing pedestrians at risk.
    Also, if they were right at the junction, a shunt from behind could leave them in the path of traffic coming from the side, putting them in further danger.
    It's an advanced driving move that's highly recommended. Only time it may be a problem is if the traffic light is sensor activated and the driver doesn't drive up to them.
    I can think of far worse driving on our roads that could irk!

TA - food coma after Friday lunch... z z z z Z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm listening to music on YouTube in work, no ad-blocker on our pc's and I'd say for about 75% of the time the same McDonalds ad is coming on inbetween songs!

The one where yer wan, the stupid geebag, sings the menu to the guy cos it's for £2.50 and then the other cúnt behind the counter joins in with her!

I fúcking hate it!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

She got thick about it, and then gave out that I should stop wasting my money on stupid things (I'm a gamer, I like to buy gaming stuff as well as obviously feed myself). As if the alcohol was a complete and utter necessity. I wasn't being "social" if I wasn't having an alcoholic drink.

Just reading that makes me realise, that I've reached a point in my life where if someone can't accept me and respect me for who am I am. Then they can fúck right off imo. Relationships should be based on mutual respect and acceptance, not ridicule or trying to force someone into being what they are not. Stand your ground, stay true to yourself and don't ever be something that your are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA at discovering that the 'Rabbits' that have been visiting our garden for the last 20 years are in fact Hares.
    Just not as cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Menas wrote: »
    TA at discovering that the 'Rabbits' that have been visiting our garden for the last 20 years are in fact Hares.
    Just not as cute.

Eh, while were on the subject.... about those big 'mice' you love... :D

TA - would love to hit a beer garden later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm always trying to grow my nails. I grew out of the nail-biting habit years ago so the only thing that shortens 'em is if they snap, and that happens quite a bit.

Anyway, they've been getting to a nice length lately and I'm happy.
    Or I was til today..

I opened a cupboard to get something and saw a feckin fruit-fly go into the cupboard.

I tried swooshing him out (I say "him", but I didn't check for male appendages) and he remained in his place, hovering above the rice.
    I took everything off the top shelf and EVENTUALLY he came out.
    I closed the cupboard quickly and promptly broke three fingernails.

The arrogant swine then swiftly flew into the fruit bowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Just not as cute.

A rampant hare just doesn't sound right:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

My husband got clamped at the luas Park and ride because we got a new car and he didn't update the registration in the app to pay for parking.

I was having a really nice day too. Now we're going to be late for something :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

So many things and so many people have me TA'd today, not even gonna bother going any further!

This latest trend of getting steak on a hot slate or whatever, and cooking it yourself really annoys me. I'm not going to pay good money for a steak, and then cook it myself, fcuk that !! If I'm eating out I want food cooked for me, that's the whole point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I am going demented. I cannot get that Bruno Mars song out of my head... the one that's in the 123 ad.

I even went to utube to play the whole fekkin thing, thinking that would erase it from my head. No.

Help.

I am going demented. I cannot get that Bruno Mars song out of my head... the one that's in the 123 ad.

I even went to utube to play the whole fekkin thing, thinking that would erase it from my head. No.

Help.

Uggghhhh I feel your pain. I've had that Eurovision entry by Niamh Kavanagh, In Your Eyes, in my head a couple of days now. Out of nowhere! It happened me before with Spandau Ballet's Gold. It was in my head for days. I found singing it aloud repeatedly, preferably on my own, kind of got it out of there a bit. I can listen to it fondly now without the horror.

73Cat wrote: »
    Uggghhhh I feel your pain. I've had that Eurovision entry by Niamh Kavanagh, In Your Eyes, in my head a couple of days now. Out of nowhere! It happened me before with Spandau Ballet's Gold. It was in my head for days. I found singing it aloud repeatedly, preferably on my own, kind of got it out of there a bit. I can listen to it fondly now without the horror.

I have the same song stuck in my ceann. I am blaming that thread on here ... Gold......LONG LOST NAZI GOLD!!!

I have the same song stuck in my ceann. I am blaming that thread on here ... Gold......LONG LOST NAZI GOLD!!!

Sing it loud and proud, it's your only hope !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

I'm worn out from coughing. I've progressed from feeling like I'll throw up when I cough to having a little bit of pee come out when I'm coughing really badly.:o:( TA, people who overshare:D

• Advertisement

Sing it loud and proud, it's your only hope !!

Always believe in your soul
    You've got the power to know
    You're indestructible
    Always believe in, that you are .....Gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

The "shared bedroom" option when seeking a room to rent should be 100% BANNED.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Cuisine de France bread rolls all nice and crispy when you buy them, then end up soft and bland the day after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Cuisine de France bread rolls all nice and crispy when you buy them, then end up soft and bland the day after.

Soft? You could use them as a weapon after a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Soft? You could use them as a weapon after a few hours.

Cut the mouth off you as well :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

When I message someone interesting on POF, I open with something nice and friendly.

Then she messages back and we get a good conversation going and 3-5 messages in, the conversation just dies and I being the one who sent the last message and I'm left hanging then.

Annoys me when there isn't a reply, like I didn't say anything to frighten the girl off!

• Advertisement

When you fill out all the details to book a flight or a hotel online and when you get to the final button to click Confirm and............the webpage freezes and you have to fill out all the details again..........:mad:

Also a bit more trivial but I hate being in a toilet cubicle having some quiet reflection time and someone walks into the next cubicle, SLAMS the door closed and SLAMS the toilet seat down. Instantly makes me feel anxious and on edge. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    When I message someone interesting on POF, I open with something nice and friendly.

Then she messages back and we get a good conversation going and 3-5 messages in, the conversation just dies and I being the one who sent the last message and I'm left hanging then.

Annoys me when there isn't a reply, like I didn't say anything to frighten the girl off!

At least you get a few replies.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

At least you get a few replies.

Oh that's happened a plenty, I don't know which is worse getting no reply, or getting replies and the conversation drops out of nowhere, messaging some Jersey Shore wannabe perhaps.

DareGod wrote: »
    The "shared bedroom" option when seeking a room to rent should be 100% BANNED.

The shared bed is worse! Seriously, if you ever get a few spare hours have a gander thru this thread....scarey stuff!

TA at people cursing infront of my kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I do the lotto online and I got an email from them this morning.

"Hi SFP

We have some exciting news!

Your ticket number xxxxxxxxx has won a prize! Please sign in to your account at www.lottery.ie, go to your account and take a look in your Gaming History to see what you've won."

I had everything planned out. Bags were packed, goodbye note on the kitchen counter, passport in my hand. Then I logged in.

..... €4! Trolling bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Staying in someone else's house and waking up not knowing whether to get up or stay in bed.

Also, Wales is very wet. It's like Ireland. Doesn't feel like I'm on holiday :(

zcorpian88 wrote: »

TA'd that I don't know what POF is:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

When people bring the word hyperbole into a conversation.I fcukn hate that word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When people bring the word hyperbole into a conversation.I fcukn hate that word.

It's good if they're trying to be smart but expose themselves by pronouncing it hyper-bowl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who say airplane instead of aeroplane. Bloody Americanisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

I'm sure you're exaggerating. :)

About 29 seconds in......

Kent Brockman: I've been to Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq, and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than all of them put together.

The shared bed is worse! Seriously, if you ever get a few spare hours have a gander thru this thread....scarey stuff!

There's a shared bed option currently on Daft! (And it's €350/month!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm worn out from coughing. I've progressed from feeling like I'll throw up when I cough to having a little bit of pee come out when I'm coughing really badly.:o:( TA, people who overshare:D

You have a furball and yes it is the price you pay for being Overlord of all things feline.

• Advertisement

TA'd that I don't know what POF is:confused:

I'm going to guess that it's Plenty of Fish, a dating website of sorts, I think.

My TA today, I have a stinking cold and it's such a nice day. Was meant to be going out, but haven't the energy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm going to guess that it's Plenty of Fish, a dating website of sorts, I think.

My TA today, I have a stinking cold and it's such a nice day. Was meant to be going out, but haven't the energy :(

If you're not going anywhere, I strongly suggest having alcohol.
    Seriously, it really helps a cold/flu.

Last Christmas Day I was in the height of it with a really bad chest infection/cold and felt so awful.
    Obviously I couldn't get medication as it was Christmas Day, so I had a few glasses of wine, and I felt a lot better afterwards.

When I told my doc a few days later, he wasn't surprised to hear alcohol had helped.

I also had a few beers a few months ago when I had a stinking cold and I felt 80% better afterwards.
    And no, I wasn't drunk on either occasion!

Try it and see...oh, and feel better soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A rampant hare just doesn't sound rightbiggrin.png

No, but it might feel right for the end user..:pac:

fussyonion wrote: »
    If you're not going anywhere, I strongly suggest having alcohol.
    Seriously, it really helps a cold/flu.

Last Christmas Day I was in the height of it with a really bad chest infection/cold and felt so awful.
    Obviously I couldn't get medication as it was Christmas Day, so I had a few glasses of wine, and I felt a lot better afterwards.

When I told my doc a few days later, he wasn't surprised to hear alcohol had helped.

I also had a few beers a few months ago when I had a stinking cold and I felt 80% better afterwards.
    And no, I wasn't drunk on either occasion!

Try it and see...oh, and feel better soon :)

Thanks :). Going to lash some whiskey into a Lemsip, nothing like it !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

DareGod wrote: »
    There's a shared bed option currently on Daft! (And it's €350/month!!)
    :eek: Id rather sleep in a bus shelter...

Colser wrote: »
    :eek: Id rather sleep in a bus shelter...

A few years ago there was a brazilian lad on daft advertising a bed share. In the ad he said he was not fussy if it was a woman or a man.

So we faked a profile of a gamely young lady and contacted him. Was great fun leading him on for a bit.
    But he was very creepy!

The rental situation is absolutely appalling at the moment. I am incredibly shocked at the state of it. It has to be seen to be believed.

You have a furball and yes it is the price you pay for being Overlord of all things feline.

A fur ball would be better, I could dislodge it with a bit of malt paste:D, but this is a lung infection and I'm on to my second course of antibiotics to try to shift the damn thing.

Hayfever and/or sinus problems.

My head is absolutely blocked full today and if it were possible to lose weight through snot, I'd be anorexic by now. Or a skeleton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Watching any track & field athletics events on BBC while there are British athletes competing!

I know they are biased, we are too, but damn they are just so cocky & smug sometimes, and it really annoys me.

And while we're on the subject, the term 'Team GB' oh how I despise it!! Not the athletes themselves, just the whole love in the U.K. nation had for 'Team GB' over that last few years!!

Just get a room already!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement