Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A fur ball would be better, I could dislodge it with a bit of malt paste:D, but this is a lung infection and I'm on to my second course of antibiotics to try to shift the damn thing.

I know your pain. I'm rarely sick but I caught a bad dose back in 2010 and went through 3 different courses of antibiotics. It took me more than three weeks to shift it. There's nothing worse than coughing to the point of almost vomiting.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

People who use the term 'drama llama'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

I know your pain. I'm rarely sick but I caught a bad dose back in 2010 and went through 3 different courses of antibiotics. It took me more than three weeks to shift it. There's nothing worse than coughing to the point of almost vomiting.:(

It took me 3 seperate courses and about 3 weeks to get over the last one a few months back. I never used to get this crap. I think it's starting to go now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

When you fill out all the details to book a flight or a hotel online and when you get to the final button to click Confirm and............the webpage freezes and you have to fill out all the details again..........:mad:

Fecking Ryanair "security timeout" is too damn short! I always give it one last read through to make sure I've got everything and not accidently clicked something expensive and when I'm finally confident it's in order... "We're sorry but your session has timed out."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Watching any track & field athletics events on BBC while there are British athletes competing!

I know they are biased, we are too, but damn they are just so cocky & smug sometimes, and it really annoys me.

And while we're on the subject, the term 'Team GB' oh how I despise it!! Not the athletes themselves, just the whole love in the U.K. nation had for 'Team GB' over that last few years!!

Just get a room already!!

Wreaked my head when they showed the medal table at the end of day one. 3 counties with 1 gold medal each. Great Britaint in first place....mo farrah 10km.

Looking further down, other countries with silver and bronze were listed in alphabetical order.

For the top three, great Britain should have been placed in third place. Eritrea should have been first place
    place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Having to confirm everything someone says.
    Had lunch with elderly relative today, here are a few snippets.
    Relative : That's a grand day out there now, isn't it?
    Me : Yeah grand day out.
    Relative : The beef is lovely today, isn't it?
    Me : yes the beef is nice today.
    Relative : Kerry are playing well today, aren't they?
    Me : Yeah they're good alright.
    Etc etc etc etc etc.

I'm absolutely exhausted after it. Does this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I can't taste a damn thing today, beyond annoying :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

My parents just told me they're coming to visit tomorrow so I've been going mental trying to make sure the place is spotless :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Having to confirm everything someone says.
    Had lunch with elderly relative today, here are a few snippets.
    Relative : That's a grand day out there now, isn't it?
    Me : Yeah grand day out.
    Relative : The beef is lovely today, isn't it?
    Me : yes the beef is nice today.
    Relative : Kerry are playing well today, aren't they?
    Me : Yeah they're good alright.
    Etc etc etc etc etc.

I'm absolutely exhausted after it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Yes, I had a weekend of that. Add in the stories about the person you dont know's niece who married a fella who bought a pair of shoes for €200....

I am making notes of all these things old people do to dement us so I can do them when I get old....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

jamesbere wrote: »
    Boards
    I keep getting the error message..:mad: I might have to do some housework or something if this keeps up:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

people who don't grasp the concept of a purely hypothetical situation.

look, imagine your in Australia

(Normal test subject) - OK, what next.

(PS sufferer)- but why would I be in Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

people who don't grasp the concept of a purely hypothetical situation.

look, imagine your in Australia

(Normal test subject) - OK, what next.

(PS sufferer)- but why would I be in Australia.

Karl Pilkington?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Come into work of a Monday morning and every Tom, Dick & Fúckface is discussing (at length I must add) how their Fantasy Football Team did over the weekend, does my head in! I love football but the obsession some people have with FF is, frankly, very sad!

The Bank of Ireland ad with Rachel and Steve. What a pair of fcuking morons, I'm not a violent woman but Rachel really makes me want to slap her around the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

selous wrote: »
    Tesco NOT Tescos or Tesco's.
    Lidl NOT lidls or Lidl's
    Aldi NOT Aldis or Aldi's

aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhh.
    and breath...

A woman in my job pronounces it like Alldees - its drives me mad!!!

TA with the no access to Boards.ie problem yesterday. Yes my gut told me it was probably a pile of shyte server issue on the Boards.ie. side of things. But just to be sure, I had to waste my time ruling things out on my end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I was so TA'd that it wasn't working and even more TA'd that I couldn't post about it! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I couldn't log in all morning, no search engine would let me. So annoying, yet what annoyed me more was how annoyed I was !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Movies/TV Shows were folk who get stabbed in the belly die instantly.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Movies/TV Shows were folk who get stabbed in the belly die instantly.
    And also movies where people get shot 100 times,stabbed,burnt,drowned ,thrown off buildings and still live to fight another day:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

DareGod wrote: »
    Karl Pilkington?

Yip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Yip.
    Yip.
    Yip.
    Yip.

TA

TA

Pesky 503 errors causing multiple posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I hate that I get all narky and snappy in the week leading up to that time of the month.

I hate how it makes me feel and how cranky I get towards my other half.
    But I can't help it; even though I wish I didn't carry on like that, it's just something I can't control.
    I've never gotten nasty or anything, just irritated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

Browsing through the channels on the Sky Box and seeing "A League of their Own", having a microsecond of excitement that it will be the Tom Hanks/Geena Davis movie, only to simply see forced "bantah" between James Corden and Jamie Wedknapp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When I'm in a takeaway waiting on my food and one of the workers with a foreign accent says something like "1 chicken burger, 1 chips and 2 sausages." Everybody looks at each other for a moment not quite sure what they said. Either that or several people have the same order and half the people in the chippers move towards the counter at the same time.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I hate that I get all narky and snappy in the week leading up to that time of the month.

But I can't help it; even though I wish I didn't carry on like that, it's just something I can't control.

I have no sympathy for a fellow man who doesn't know how to defuse the Antichrist his lady as her time approaches :pac:. A wise man should know that providing copious supplies of chocolate, chocolate and then some more chocolate for their lady, has saved many a life.

I have no sympathy for a fellow man who doesn't know how to defuse the Antichrist his lady as her time approaches :pac:. A wise man should know that providing copious supplies of chocolate, chocolate and then some more chocolate for their lady, has saved many a life.

No truer words have ever been spoken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Only problem is it leads to that inevitable question, "Does my arse look fat in this?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

fussyonion wrote: »

From the other side of the fence my TA would be the way in which this ****ty behaviour is reserved for me...no tantrums in work, no teary-eyed jibberjabber to her folks, no rage outbursts to her friends...she saves it up just for me

From the other side of the fence my TA would be the way in which this ****ty behaviour is reserved for me...no tantrums in work, no teary-eyed jibberjabber to her folks, no rage outbursts to her friends...she saves it up just for me

And if you dare ask her if she has PMT? Run for the hills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Menas wrote: »
    And if you dare ask her if she has PMT? Run for the hills.

I just assume PMT at all times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

That annual web conference might be moving to Belfast next year due to the f-ups from the RDS broadband and overcharging by local hotels.

Only problem is it leads to that inevitable question, "Does my arse look fat in this?"

There are a number of ways to answer that, but all must stick to the same general theme.....

"No"

"No way."

"Dear God no."

"Feck no."

"Are you well in the head?"

"How is that possible?"

"Are you crazy?"

Remember, any deviation from the above will probably make your life not worth living.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

TA that the remote control for my hi-fi doesn't work anymore. And too much of a hoo-haa and expense to try and get it fixed.

There are a number of ways to answer that, but all must stick to the same general theme.....

"No"

"No way."

"Dear God no."

"Feck no."

"Are you well in the head?"

"How is that possible?"

"Are you crazy?"

Remember, any deviation from the above will probably make your life not worth living.

I've actually lost a lot of weight recently and my OH turned around and said to me ''my god, your arse has gotten so much smaller'', and I looked worried and said ''it isn't too small now, is it?'' ,I like girls with nice big bums so I didn't want to have a small one myself. There's no pleasing us :pac:

Medusa22 wrote: »
    There's no pleasing us :pac:

And to parrot what you said earlier - never a truer word was spoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Places leaving outdated posters and leaflets up way past their time. Used to annoy me in school when a cake sale sign for march would still be there in June. Nobody bothering to take it down.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Places leaving outdated posters and leaflets up way past their time. Used to annoy me in school when a cake sale sign for march would still be there in June. Nobody bothering to take it down.

I feel compelled to respond to this in an effort to move the conversation away from 'womens stuff'....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

TA when people don't take the posters down for womens stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭VG31

People who give their kids surnames as first names.

People knocking on my door to canvas. I don't know whether it was the fcukwitted water protestors or politicians but 3 car loads of them pulled up this evening with leaflets and were going en masse around the neighbourhood. I never answer the door to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I've a sign on the wall... No canvassers, salespeople etc. Works a treat. :)

I've a sign on the wall... No canvassers, salespeople etc. Works a treat. :)
    I could be wrong but I think FelineOverLords sign might be a bit more strongly worded:D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Rude customers. And rude people in general. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

VG31 wrote: »
    People who give their kids surnames as first names.

Its worse when the name and surname are similar, eg Connor O'Connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

NOS3 wrote:
    Rude customers. And rude people in general.

You look at people like that and you just think "are you seeing yourself right now?" intentionally rude ones are the worst.

TA'd by teeth gore. Teeth pulled out, infected teeth, teeth surgery. All of it. I hate gore in general, Fake gore is grand, and grossish stuff like popping cysts is just fine, but teeth? Don't want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 fuzzypickle

People who stand in entrances talking.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement