Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Waking up to the smell of food. I have zero appetite when I wake up. I don't know what it is I just never feel hungry until an hour later or after a cup of tea, I always feel really icky in the stomach. But I hate waking up from the smell of a fry-up going on downstairs, it circulates the house from there and it distracts me from trying to go back over.

Then I get whoever's doing the cooking shouting up to the bedroom door as if they know I'm awake "David!!! Do you want a tattie scone?!".

Granted, potato scones are gorgeous with a cup of tea but that 5 minutes of waking up and feeling nauseous - a smell of crisp & dry and bacon creeping through the keyhole of my door when I've just woken up does not make me feel any better.

....I should probably contact my GP about that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

It's starting to annoy me that Ive been following this thread for over a week now and still haven't figured out what "TA" means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Irish Rail's booking system is my Trivial Annoyance today (and most days)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Rappers likes T.I. who release ten albums and they're mostly all sh-t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It's starting to annoy me that Ive been following this thread for over a week now and still haven't figured out what "TA" means.

I'm now TA'ed that you failed to notice it in the title of the thread :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

selous wrote: »
    That's what Marshall Tito, Saddam Hussein and Colonel Gadaffi said too, and they were right, so carry on with what you're doing...:cool:

Ah, but I don't harass my cats the way they did with their people. Instead of abuse, violence and bullying I use calming food, natural non habit forming happy pills and lots of play.:D

TA'd that RTE are showing an Irish language programme at prime time, it's about as much use and about as relevant to the majority of licence fee payers as the Angeles is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ah, but I don't harass my cats the way they did with their people. Instead of abuse, violence and bullying I use calming food, natural non habit forming happy pills and lots of play.:D

Same idea, different twist, free will being denied,
    BUT did you mention happy pills????;):D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its always bugged me that Walkers Cheese & Onion are in a blue bag and their Salt & Vinegar are in a green bag.

Everyone knows blue is for S & V and green (usually) for C & O.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Moving house in a week and a half and haven't started to pack. TA, that the next month is just going to be major headache. Sigh....

• Advertisement

Its always bugged me that Walkers Cheese & Onion are in a blue bag and their Salt & Vinegar are in a green bag.

who puts C&O in a green bag??? Tayto is Red, White & Blue, and King is Red & Gold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm TA'ed that someone would even consider buying inferior foreign crisps no matter what colour the bag is.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Which C&O are in a green bag though???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

efb wrote: »
    Hunky dorys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

efb wrote: »

McCoys are green for C&O, blue for S&V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

TA'd at people's seeming inability to wash themselves. Few things worse than the stench of BO from some people.
    Did I sit next to you on the LUAS last night? It was a long day, my deodorant had given up the ghost ... annoying! :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Heard an ad on the radio this morning for a 'silent disco'. In Whelans.

http://www.whelanslive.com/index.php/silent-disco/

Really TA'ed that my onetime favourite pub would be having a silent disco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

What does TA stand for?. is it short for 'Things that annoy'?

califano wrote: »
    What does TA stand for?. is it short for 'Things that annoy'?

TA= Trivially annoyed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

back to school photos on facebook, or baby photos on facebook. why can't you just post pictures of bacon or like nice cakes or something.

bnt wrote: »
    Did I sit next to you on the LUAS last night? It was a long day, my deodorant had given up the ghost ... annoying! :o

Nope, it wasn't me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I wouldn't consider this trivial, but it's the first time I've experienced it first hand.
    I live in Edinburgh (love Aul Reekie), just popped out of the office there and noticed Princes St is taped off by a police, last few times this has happened there's been a jumper from the Scotts Monument and some poor old fella got hit by a bus.
    Queuing in the shop I said I'd check twitter to see what happened as I'll need to head home that way later, turns out there's a potential jumper on the Scotts Monument and police are talking to him. The amount of folk standing around looking and waiting is quite frankly disgusting. Cameraphones at the ready too.

I've got the Sky News jingle for the Murnaghan show stuck in my head, but instead of hearing Murnaghan, Murnaghan I've got Spider Pig, Spider Pig, and it's driving me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hotcontents

people driving up my ass!! if you want to get that close to me you should have asked me for a lift ffs!

It is lashing rain out and in my own stupidity I brought a jumper to the office instead of a rain jacket.
    Get ready for soggy bottom time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When your on your way into your local Tesco/SuperValu, and you see 2/3 staff members outside behind the trolly shed/bay smoking cigarettes, and then when your inside the shop, getting your few bits, you see the same staff behind a counter handing out fresh meat/fish/anything!!

disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

people driving up my ass!! if you want to get that close to me you should have asked me for a lift ffs!

Put your left foot on the brake, that'll f*ck em,

(Disclaimer..,But if you want to try it first, don't do it on a motorway, it's bloody rapid scary braking, if not used to it.) but they do back off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

That my housemate cannot use the washing up gloves without getting dirt on the inside or getting them wet on the inside. I wear the gloves so that I don't get these things on my hands because I hate the feeling!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

selous wrote: »
    Put your left foot on the brake, that'll f*ck em,

(Disclaimer..,But if you want to try it first, don't do it on a motorway, it's bloody rapid scary braking, if not used to it.) but they do back off.

putting your left foot on the break will eff you up a bit too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People saying something hurtful but being completely oblivious to what they've said.

I had no trivial annoyances for ages until that :(

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »
    People saying something hurtful but being completely oblivious to what they've said.

Good to have you back! Now go forth and get more annoyed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

It really bugs me how often the cards in magic the gather write the word "the battlefield"

the cards did not always use the term
    and I don't want the world I imagine through the cards to always be "the battlefield"

also the damn words are just taking up space on the cards and aren't even necessary

Menas wrote:
    Good to have you back! Now go forth and get more annoyed!

I plan on being more annoyed! I missed it here :O

TA - feeding the cats and getting their pouch food on my hands. Disgusting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

At work yesterday, preparing a coffee for myself and noticed some spilled water on the counter.

Grabbed some paper towels and was tidying it up when a woman from Finance arrives and quips "Aha....she has you well trained" :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Fupp off....it's not the 1950's and even if it was it's still a stupid thing to say

My sinuses are so blocked that it feels like I'm underwater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Just had a guy call the office to ask for our bank details so that he could make a payment.

I proceed to read out the requested information, and he stops me and tells me to hold on while he gets a pen.

Knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

KatW4 wrote:

This just happened to me yesterday. Some people have no filter and are just clueless. :mad:

Its Best to not dwell on it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

KatW4 wrote: »

Or people who's 'apologies' are "I'm sorry if you were hurt by what I said"

That is not an apology!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Menas wrote: »
    It is lashing rain out and in my own stupidity I brought a jumper to the office instead of a rain jacket.
    Get ready for soggy bottom time.

I feel your pain: I've been bringing (read mostly wearing) my raincoat with me every I go all summer, and the Mayo Donegal AIQF was a lovely sunny evening so I decided for once I could do without it and...you can guess the rest...

My beefs:

- The squeezy thing on my shower gel is too slack and the stuff is coming out in great big globs

- The way Americans pronounce 'niche'

- All this Ashley Madison stuff clogging up the tech news. Who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I thought our internet contract was up, as it was about time, and seemed to not be working at all. I just turned off the modem, and refused to buy add on data for my phone. Haven't been online at all in 2 or 3 days. I rang to renew the contract and it is a rolling one and hadn't been cut off at all FFS !! It was a strange few days offline, but I read a book. Felt like olden days :)

• Advertisement

NOS3 wrote:
    This just happened to me yesterday. Some people have no filter and are just clueless.

NOS3 wrote:
    Its Best to not dwell on it.

Taboola wrote:

People are just ridiculous! They annoy me more than anything in the world.

I'm a passenger in a lorry today. It's all dusty. I need to wash my hands!!! I realise that dirty hands are a major TA for me today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

73Cat wrote: »
    I thought our internet contract was up, as it was about time, and seemed to not be working at all. I just turned off the modem, and refused to buy add on data for my phone. Haven't been online at all in 2 or 3 days. I rang to renew the contract and it is a rolling one and hadn't been cut off at all FFS !! It was a strange few days offline, but I read a book. Felt like olden days :)

What's a book?

Blister packs of painkillers that are so difficult to open that I have to use a knife to break into them after wrestling with the plastic side for five minutes, piercing the liquid capsule within and losing some of that precious pain relief as the medicine squirts out of the gelatine casing.

Child proof should not mean adult proof too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Taboola wrote: »

That is not an apology!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Jeremy Kyle and the fact that he absolutely loves himself.

He throws in random words during sentences, i.e "So you went out with..bless her heart...with Lisa for 10 years...bear with me, I'm nearly 50, have 4 kids, old man here...and you've cheated on her...quiet now, I'm speaking, put that camera on me.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

fussyonion wrote: »
    Jeremy Kyle and the fact that he absolutely loves himself.

He throws in random words during sentences, i.e "So you went out with..bless her heart...with Lisa for 10 years...bear with me, I'm nearly 50, have 4 kids, old man here...and you've cheated on her...quiet now, I'm speaking, put that camera on me.."

Well, well, well....... *sits on step*
    Prick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

The word 'epic' has lost all meaning to me. Every film these days is an 'epic adventure'. Every meal is 'epic'. Epic me arse! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Ruu wrote:
    The word 'epic' has lost all meaning to me. Every film these days is an 'epic adventure'. Every meal is 'epic'. Epic me arse!

There's actually a Disney game called epic mickey. Make of that what you will :-o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Robsweezie wrote: »
    There's actually a Disney game called epic mickey. Make of that what you will :-o

On holidays, in the hotel, I saw a plaque on the wall with an arrow and the words Mickey Club. I was severely disappointed to discover it was the kids club.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement