Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mayo fans

That smug fugly cow in dictionary corner on countdown, sits there like her shîte doesn't stink and pretends to know all these words that have popped out of a electronic dictionary on the pc she has in front of her

You leave Suzy Dent alone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

efb wrote: »
    Simon Cowell "crying" on his stupid program and Twitter goes mental- I've seen things less staged on Crimewatch!!!!

TA'd that these shows still get airtime

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA'd that these shows still get airtime

I don't even watch the damn show- its for idiots at this stage!!!

How can people not get how staged it is???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Fookwit and friends are still going strong. Jesus H, I'm sick of listening to them at this point. Whatever pills or potions they're on to keep them going from last night til now must be bloody good. I think it's going to be a long night.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Fookwit and friends are still going strong. Jesus H, I'm sick of listening to them at this point. Whatever pills or potions they're on to keep them going from last night til now must be bloody good. I think it's going to be a long night.:(

TA that I can't party longer than one episode of Corrie. Pesky age.

Menas wrote: »
    TA that I can't party longer than one episode of Corrie. Pesky age.

I know how you feel. Usually it's the early hours of a Saturday/Sunday morning if he does this crap. I always wear ear plugs on Friday and Saturday nights, but my husband has to get up for work at 5amish:(:mad: Anyway, I'm off to bed for a read, hopefully we'll just nod off eventually:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Gw8F9wq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

"Friends" who have a habit of leaning on you or resting their elbow on your shoulder and then get pissed off when you walk away and let them fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

One of my best friends is leaving me for London. The fact that I will now have no friends left at home is my TA :O I'm such a loner haha

• Advertisement

Water charges protestors - the majority look like they haven't paid for much in their lives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

"(statement)"

"What?"

"(repeated statement)"

"what?"

"Ah never mind"

"no say what you said"

" Ah it doesn't matter"

" what "?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Robsweezie wrote: »
    "(statement)"

"What?"

"(repeated statement)"

"what?"

"Ah never mind"

"no say what you said"

" Ah it doesn't matter"

" what "?

I hate this and in my experience it's usually followed by:

*Mutes the TV*

"[Says the thing]"

"Oh right yeah" *Unmutes TV*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm all prepared with a few days lunches ready in the fridge.
    Nice and healthy and even had hummus ready for my tea break so I wouldn't be into the biscuits.

Realised once I'd gotten into work that I'd left my stuff in the fridge at home.

Though did get a nice wrap from the garage so not too annoyed :o

Building IKEA flatpack furniture on your own.
    See, I enjoy building those flatpacks with someone else...but on my own its just not any fun.

I hate this and in my experience it's usually followed by:

*Mutes the TV*

"[Says the thing]"

"Oh right yeah" *Unmutes TV*

and they can get thick with you for refusing to repeat yourself the 1291219219th time, which causes pointless arguments over trivial ****e.

• Advertisement

People ho insist on getting fresh cutlery or crockery from the cupboard/drawer instead of washing something in the sink. Especially if it is something simple like a teaspoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

grundie wrote: »
    People ho insist on getting fresh cutlery or crockery from the cupboard/drawer instead of washing something in the sink. Especially if it is something simple like a teaspoon.

People who won't wash up when they are finished using a plate, cup, cutlery etc! Why leave it there hours when it's easier to clean as soon as you are finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I am more and more annoyed by this smug 'Come dine with me', 'Jamie Oliver' cooking culture / Healthfood culture that seems to be rearing its head. Afraid to say I had beans on toast yesterday for fear of having to listen to how I'm polluting my body.

Would ya ever feck off.

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I am more and more annoyed by this smug 'Come dine with me', 'Jamie Oliver' cooking culture / Healthfood culture that seems to be rearing its head. Afraid to say I had beans on toast yesterday for fear of having to listen to how I'm polluting my body.

Would ya ever feck off.

I used to work with a guy who would rotate the packet of whatever you were eating (as you were holding it), bring the ingredients list in to you your field of view and say "Oh, look at that, terrible stuff for your body" whilst shaking his head and tutting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

The family insisted that we get hens - so we got hens. It's the kids job to look after them - let them out into the run in the morning, feed and water, lock em up at night. But they need a bit of help, turning on the garden tap and things like that. So I've ended up out with them most mornings.

Now it's back to school and the mornings are a bit rushed - and somehow it's my fault that things aren't going as smoothly as they should.

"It's your poxy chickens that are causing the delay, not me being unorganised. I fuppen told you this would happen." :mad:

And still a few weeks before there'll be even a hint of an omelette!

• Advertisement

"(statement)"

"What?"

"(repeated statement)"

"what?"

"Ah never mind"

"no say what you said"

" Ah it doesn't matter"

" what "?

This is my life with my parents. It's especially worse when it's not even anything that requires repeating and wasn't important enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

There I was putting the shopping into the car yesterday, when a car drives by with a very fine lady being the wheel. The car park was packed with no spots available, so I gave her a wave to let her know she could have my spot.

She flashed me a gorgeous smile, lowered the window of her car and began to sing my praises. But that also happened to be the very moment, that kunt wasp decided to appear out of nowhere to try and kill me.

Of course the sneaky fúck had to attack me on the opposite side that the fine lady was on. So she probably hadn't a clue what was wrong with me. I ended up looking like someone who was suffering from a sudden attack of tourette's, while also being simultaneously electrocuted at the same time :o. I couldn't get out of there quick enough after that.:(

Eircom. For applying way to much tar to the telegraph poles in our area. It's been on about a month and still squidgy. Lots of people in the area getting clothes ruined by brushing in to them. A neighbours jack russell is stained down one side and smells like an oil refinery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

When you watch the next episode of a great series. Then you suddenly realise it's a season finale!

Then you check online and realise it's the final episode ever! :(

A few weeks back I got a phone call from a US financial software firm who recently set up in Dublin. They were interested in recruiting me. I wasn't interested and they kept calling back offering me a better deal. Eventually they mentioned free child care which piqued my interest.

I went through a complex series of interviews, long phone calls and tests. I even had a background check done on me. I booked two days annual leave from my current job to attend the interviews and tests.

Got a phone call last week saying they were offering me the position, but I could start in six months. Apparently they are struggling with office space and training issues so management has postponed all recruitment activities for six months.

I'm going to just bill them for the two days annual leave I lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

grundie wrote: »

My O.H is a wagon for that, makes a cup of tea, drinks it, washes it and the spoon, puts it on the rack, an hour or so later feels like another cup of tea goes to the cupboard gets another cup and spoon and makes the tea, and when you ask what was wrong with the one in the tray.....
    You wish you didn't, so you don't say anything anymore,
    Breakfast two more out of the cupboard while the two are still in the tray, oh just bite lip...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Miley Cyrus released her new album online for free last night, and there's a song on it called "Bang Me Box."

I didn't know where to post this, but knew it had to be posted somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

"(statement)"

"What?"

"(repeated statement)"

"what?"

"Ah never mind"

"no say what you said"

" Ah it doesn't matter"

" what "?

I do hate when people say that part, though. Sounds so demanding and aggressive.

DareGod wrote: »
    Miley Cyrus released her new album online for free last night, and there's a song on it called "Bang Me Box."

The video should be....em...interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

People thinking that a full moon has any impact on other peoples behaviour! The amount of light reflecting from the moons surface and hitting earths surface could not and does not alter the behaviour of man nor beast.

• Advertisement

Its the magnetic effect of the full moon, seems to pull cars from one lane to the other without indicators too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

DareGod wrote: »

I found myself listening to her album, that's a massive TA.

On the other hand, I had never heard her talking before until recently and she sounds like Mac's mom from It's Alway Sunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Three advertising their Penthouse Tent at Electric Picnic this weekend..
    Better to spend the money improving the bloody network !! It's brutal here in Clare...aghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

I got a second hand school book today, and the corner of the pages were curling. TA that this drives me insane. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    People thinking that a full moon has any impact on other peoples behaviour! The amount of light reflecting from the moons surface and hitting earths surface could not and does not alter the behaviour of man nor beast.

I can't stand all that tree hugging hippy sh1t! No patience at all with anyone that believes in it. I remember once as part of the work I was involved with at the time, I went with a group to the house of a woman that claims to connect with angels. We all stood in her garden holding up antlers to call on some "archangel", while she shook out and swayed. It was a credit to me that I didn't wet myself laughing.

I'm so sick and tired of all the 'first day at school stuff', be it ads or crap that finds it's way onto my facebook feed. Sh*te like 'I just want to wish my beautiful daughter on her first day of school' blah blah fricking blah. Firstly, nobody other than you and her mother gives a monkeys about her school days, secondly, she's what 4 years old?, she doesn't have a facebook account, it's just parents attention whoring for likes/compliments. Thirdly, and this is really bitchy:P, but most of the kids are fugly and or fat and look like the poor sods are gonna get bullied. At this point I'd almost welcome the onslaught of Christmas ads, it'd at least make a change from kids in school uniforms.

I'm so sick and tired of all the 'first day at school stuff', be it ads or crap that finds it's way onto my facebook feed. Sh*te like 'I just want to wish my beautiful daughter on her first day of school' blah blah fricking blah. Firstly, nobody other than you and her mother gives a monkeys about her school days, secondly, she's what 4 years old?, she doesn't have a facebook account, it's just parents attention whoring for likes/compliments. Thirdly, and this is really bitchy:P, but most of the kids are fugly and or fat and look like the poor sods are gonna get bullied. At this point I'd almost welcome the onslaught of Christmas ads, it'd at least make a change from kids in school uniforms.

Oh dear. You have it bad.
    But I am going to defend those parents.
    Now- first a disclaimer. On wednesday my wee fella starts school. We are mad excited. Its a big deal, a big step for him.
    A lot of the extended family have been calling him to wish him luck. And because he is going to wear a uniform they all want pictures. I wont be posting those pictures on facebook but will email them to the family instead. I can PM you one if you want.
    Hang on- I have not really defended those parents have I?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My girl started school today. Jaysus, the behaviour of some parents on the first day is madness.
    Spend time posing for pictures, tears, refusal to leave the child in school....the the flip side, some parents bringing the kids into the classroom, the kids have instructions to pick a seat and play with what is on the table whereas the parents are encouraging them to explore and take things off shelves and move seats and be mad.

And there were plenty of reminders of parking at the school as well.

I'm so sick and tired of all the 'first day at school stuff'

For personal reasons, it's killing me this week, seeing lots of posts about children starting secondary school as my little girl would be starting this week is she was still here. On the flip side of that, I understand how important it is to cherish those milestones, as we just don't know what's around the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The video should be....em...interesting.

Will it be a box set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Speaking of school starting - I have no problem with people walking their little ones into the school building/grounds at all... but, older kids?! And parents that think it is ok to park and/or abandon their massive vehicles in very random places with total disregard for other road/path users. I have been stopped outside a primary school more than once because someone has blocked one side of the road and nobody can get past.

There is a secondary school up along the road we live and the madness of collecting teenagers directly outside the school gates when there no real room for cars baffles me, blocking the whole road - have then walk 150m up the street, where is is safer and more appropriate to park, ffs! (btw - kudos to the parents who do this!)

Every year when the schools start back I remember why I detest any "school run" traffic - so many self obsessed lunatics! :mad:

Oh dear. You have it bad.
    But I am going to defend those parents.
    Now- first a disclaimer. On wednesday my wee fella starts school. We are mad excited. Its a big deal, a big step for him.
    A lot of the extended family have been calling him to wish him luck. And because he is going to wear a uniform they all want pictures. I wont be posting those pictures on facebook but will email them to the family instead. I can PM you one if you want.
    Hang on- I have not really defended those parents have I?

I get the excitement and the milestones and all that, but it's been months of adverts for everything from ham to school uniforms all using the first day at school theme and I'm just sick of it at this point. I remember my little brothers first day at school, 35 years ago. I got called out of class to come and get him because he was going ballistic and had left the class insisting he was walking home by himself:eek: He never did like school.:D

Speaking of school starting - I have no problem with people walking their little ones into the school building/grounds at all... but, older kids?! And parents that think it is ok to park and/or abandon their massive vehicles in very random places with total disregard for other road/path users. I have been stopped outside a primary school more than once because someone has blocked one side of the road and nobody can get past.

There is a secondary school up along the road we live and the madness of collecting teenagers directly outside the school gates when there no real room for cars baffles me, blocking the whole road - have then walk 150m up the street, where is is safer and more appropriate to park, ffs! (btw - kudos to the parents who do this!)

Every year when the schools start back I remember why I detest any "school run" traffic - so many self obsessed lunatics! :mad:

Don't even get me started on the school run. We've got 2 secondary schools and 5 primary schools in this town and the school runs cause absolute insanity, not a single one of the schools are more than a 20 minute walk from home for students. We've got plenty of cycle lanes too but you'll rarely see a kid walk or cycle to or from school.

I get the excitement and the milestones and all that, but it's been months of adverts for everything from ham to school uniforms all using the first day at school theme and I'm just sick of it at this point. I remember my little brothers first day at school, 35 years ago. I got called out of class to come and get him because he was going ballistic and had left the class insisting he was walking home by himself:eek: He never did like school.:D

Oh stop. I am still disgraced after my little sister started school and had her own sit-in-dirty protest in the sandpit.
    The horror of getting pulled out of class to sort that one out.
    She still embarrasses me to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Speaking as the teacher who had to welcome the kids back to school today, parents are the worst!!! I was in first class today, so the children have been coming to school for a while now. One parent had to follow us in to the classroom, take off her son's coat and bag and hang it up, walk him to his seat and then make a big deal of hugging and kissing him! Go away!!!!! It's the parents who upset the kids on the first day.

I'll say it for the rest of my teaching life, parents are the worst part of the job. I vow never to annoy my children's teachers with the nonsense that I am forced to listen to.

On the plus side, it was a lovely day full of colouring and reading stories. It's not all bad. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Increase in car insurance premiums without any claims or penalty points. I understand that the premiums have gone up this years but a 66% increase is madness.

I missed a phone call at 10am, my mobile chose to let me know about the missed call at 7pm:confused:

I don't know if this is trivially annoying or funny, I got a text advising me my NCT is due.......on 2nd of July 2016... looking for work now are they??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I missed a phone call at 10am, my mobile chose to let me know about the missed call at 7pm:confused:

This happens me so much, even though I'll have been in service for hours since I missed the call

Cruising around a shopping centre and being assaulted by prams, trolleys, and dopey kids running into you left right and centre. This is particularly torture in smaller, more crammed shops.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement