Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Pulled the skin around my thumb nail a bit too far.... ouch!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

selous wrote:
    I don't know if this is trivially annoying or funny, I got a text advising me my NCT is due.......on 2nd of July 2016... looking for work now are they??

I got one too! So weird, what's the point of reminding people almost a year in advance?!

TA that I feel really run down, hope I'm not getting a cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Watching Recruits on Rte1. Reckon I would last 5 min in the army. Just long enough to punch the 'big man' shouting and swearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When cúnts let you down by not showing up and then they lie to you with complete bullshít so not only have they disrespected you but now they're treating you like you're fúcking stupid! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

kfallon wrote: »
    When cúnts let you down by not showing up and then they lie to you with complete bullshít so not only have they disrespected you but now they're treating you like you're fúcking stupid! :mad:

Tell me about it kfallon:mad: I left my car with the mechanic weeks ago for a day when I went to collect it he spun me a big story about why he couldnt do it and I just knew it was bull .Anyway I found out today that it was total ****e and he didnt even have the part on the day.Im saying nothing until its done next week and then I will be letting rip at him. Why people cant tell the truth is beyond me ,at least make up a simple lie instead of a big dramatic load of crap :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Watching Recruits on Rte1. Reckon I would last 5 min in the army. Just long enough to punch the 'big man' shouting and swearing.

The roaring bogger lass would melt your noggin.

Colser wrote: »
    Tell me about it kfallon:mad: I left my car with the mechanic weeks ago for a day when I went to collect it he spun me a big story about why he couldnt do it and I just knew it was bull .Anyway I found out today that it was total ****e and he didnt even have the part on the day.Im saying nothing until its done next week and then I will be letting rip at him. Why people cant tell the truth is beyond me ,at least make up a simple lie instead of a big dramatic load of crap :mad:

It's the fact they think you'll believe what they tell you is what gets me. I'm not fúcking thick and you obviously are if you think I'd believe that cock n' bull story!

Going to bed early after a few months of sleeping whenever I felt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

KatW4 wrote: »
    Going to bed early after a few months of sleeping whenever I felt like it.

Teachers who moan about going back to work after months off. God help us mere mortals with our 20days annual leave per year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

people who do **** involving you, without consulting you first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

94% Humidity!

Feels every bit of it too, I'm melting here! :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My ear 'sounds' like it still has bubbles in it from since getting out of le shower this morning. No amount of wiggling, wobbling, poking and prodding my ear has sorted it out yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

Beer sh*ts. They also aggravate hemerroids.

Seem to be getting worse since I started trying craft beers.

Is this usual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My ear 'sounds' like it still has bubbles in it from since getting out of le shower this morning. No amount of wiggling, wobbling, poking and prodding my ear has sorted it out yet.

Just pinch your nose shut and blow;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I don't know if I've said this before, but Netflix don't need to show you the "previously" on or the title intro when you're binge watching. By all means show it on the first one and if I jump to watch something else that's my fault but thank you confirming that Kyle Chandler is in Friday Night Lights and Tim Riggins is in trouble with a girl, I scene I watched 15 minutes ago.

Yes, I know I can jump forward!

razorblunt wrote: »
    I don't know if I've said this before, but Netflix don't need to show you the "previously" on or the title intro when you're binge watching. By all means show it on the first one and if I jump to watch something else that's my fault but thank you confirming that Kyle Chandler is in Friday Night Lights and Tim Riggins is in trouble with a girl, I scene I watched 15 minutes ago.

A lot of the American channels have a habit of showing the last minute of the programme shown before the commercial break after the commercial break all the way through the programme and it's really annoying, not so bad if you've recorded something and can fast forward but tedious otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Donal Skehan.

Every time I see his side parted, bouffanted, smug looking head I have to resist the urge to throw something at the TV.

:mad:

My Bf hates him aswell, we were out in Dunlaoghire on night driving and we saw him - he had to resist the urge to get out of the car and punch him!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just pinch your nose shut and blow;):D

The only thing that resulted in is watery eyes.

Some shows don't do that, I binged on Breaking Bad recently and it didn't. I haven't done Friday Night Lights on Netflix yet so that may be different.
    I think that Daredevil skipped the previous and credits as well.

Oh....watching German TV. The ad breaks are about 10 minutes long. No joke. 10 minutes.
    You can got for poo, out for a smoke, make a cuppa, raid the fridge for snacks and still come back and it wont have come back after the ads.
    It's mad.

On the other side of that, they have a show called Adam Und Eve - Gestrandet in Paradies. Get googling, don't google it in work. It's a revealing show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

People looking ever your shoulder on the luas and reading your phone.
    Say hello After hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Drivers that dont indicate at roundabouts.

:mad:

You're at a T-junction waiting to drive onto the main road. See a car on your right so wait for him to pass. Then he turns into the minor road you're emerging from - without indicating. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Narcissistic bastards on Facebook.

I get it, you used to fat and flabby and hated then way you looked. But now you are fit and healthy and slim, and as a consequence you plaster pics of yourself all over facebook every second day, usually some borderline "candid" photo of yourself in your knickers. In a bedroom that you really should tidy up a little before the photo is taken!

we'll done for losing some weight and getting in shape, but ffs get a grip.

My SKY boxs seeming inability to cope with weather. 'Your Sky+HD box isn't getting a satellite signal' I look out window and it's cloudy, yep that'll be the reason for that then. Come on Sky, ffs this is Ireland it's always fricking cloudy, windy or raining, it's time to come up with a system that can cope with our weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The only thing that resulted in is watery eyes.

Some shows don't do that, I binged on Breaking Bad recently and it didn't. I haven't done Friday Night Lights on Netflix yet so that may be different.
    I think that Daredevil skipped the previous and credits as well.

FNL and Sons of Anarchy are the two I've noticed so far, finished FNL and it's so brilliant I pretty much put up with it, the Mrs. is into SoA so it's only on in the background.

Also, I'm trivially annoyed you haven't seen FNL yet, it's fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

My SKY boxs seeming inability to cope with weather. 'Your Sky+HD box isn't getting a satellite signal' I look out window and it's cloudy, yep that'll be the reason for that then. Come on Sky, ffs this is Ireland it's always fricking cloudy, windy or raining, it's time to come up with a system that can cope with our weather.

We had that issue but it turned out that one of the connections from the dish to the box had corroded and thats what was causing the signal issue.

FNL and Sons of Anarchy are the two I've noticed so far, finished FNL and it's so brilliant I pretty much put up with it, the Mrs. is into SoA so it's only on in the background.

Also, I'm trivially annoyed you haven't seen FNL yet, it's fantastic.

I have, i've watched it through 3 or 4 times now. Just not on Netflix :cool:
    Clear Eyes.

People who stretch 4:3 programmes to fit a widescreen television. Two black bars on either side won't kill you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why do some shops insist on having shoes /runners tied together? You'd need scissors to cut them apart. How are you meant to try them on properly? If you manage to get both on your feet, you end up doing a penguin shuffle to see are they comfortable, otherwise you get one on and drag the other behind you. Especially annoying when it's a wriggly child you are trying to buy runners for:(

We had that issue but it turned out that one of the connections from the dish to the box had corroded and thats what was causing the signal issue.

Check the F-connectors to the back of the box too that they're properly screwed onto the cable and onto the connections at the back of the box. That caused a bit of trouble for a while with our multi-room setup where we couldn't figure out why one box was getting a perfect signal, and the other box was cutting out the whole time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Oh....watching German TV. The ad breaks are about 10 minutes long. No joke. 10 minutes.
    You can got for poo, out for a smoke, make a cuppa, raid the fridge for snacks and still come back and it wont have come back after the ads.
    It's mad.

On the other side of that, they have a show called Adam Und Eve - Gestrandet in Paradies. Get googling, don't google it in work. It's a revealing show.

My OH tells me that it is called 'Naked and Afraid' in English on the Discovery channel. Of course Germans don't think to add 'naked' to the title, those dirty nudists see nothing interesting about it :pac:

When you hang clothes out on the line and within minutes the sun shine is replaced by menacing black clouds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It's mad.
    Anybody watching Spanish telly will be familiar with the "back in six minutes" signs they have when they go to an ad. Go back to the show for maybe a minute and then another break.

What they do that's worse is completely messing up the timing for breaks in non-Spanish films or shows. Characters will be in the middle of saying something important, the channel goes to a break and comes back for the second part of what was going on. Drives me nuts.

That annoying woman on the Post Mobile ad, won't someone please shoot her:eek: That ad and others of it's ilk ensure that I will NEVER EVER buy anything from them, purely as a result of their annoying ad.

RTE and the Irish language. '93% of people have a positive attitude to the Irish language'. Bollox, most of us don't give a sh*te about the Irish language and instead of wasting more licence payer money on more Irish language programming they should be improving the programming. Other than the News I don't watch RTE and I begrudge paying for crap like Imelda May and the Late Late show, but to add salt to the wound they're now going to force more Irish language programming on the public. RTE, the Irish language is dead, stop flogging a dead horse.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yes that's most likely it, the rust on the dish hinge corrodes and when you get a gale/storm, it shoves the dish off axis......it also means the dish is getting ready to fall on hit someone on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

This is so trivial, but what the heck..

The other half wants us to go out Saturday for the match. (He was meant to go out Sunday but something else came up). He's dead eager to go and I wouldn't mind a beer myself.

But what time should we head to the pub?
    If we get there too early, we'll drink too much and that'll get messy.
    If we go just before the match starts, we won't get a seat.

And I'm also TA'd that, even though there'll be a great atmosphere, there'll be too many people in the pub and someone's bound to piss me off.

Then, when we get home, it'll be too early for bed but if I nap I'll be wide awake that night.

Gah...such problems!

The things they don't tell you about e-cigarettes:

Symptoms you may experience when you start using electronic cigarettes
    Gas

This may last a few weeks. Recommended: Stay away from gassy foods like beans, cabbage and broccoli.

:o

fussyonion wrote: »
    This is so trivial, but what the heck..

The other half wants us to go out Saturday for the match. (He was meant to go out Sunday but something else came up). He's dead eager to go and I wouldn't mind a beer myself.

But what time should we head to the pub?
    If we get there too early, we'll drink too much and that'll get messy.
    If we go just before the match starts, we won't get a seat.

And I'm also TA'd that, even though there'll be a great atmosphere, there'll be too many people in the pub and someone's bound to piss me off.

Then, when we get home, it'll be too early for bed but if I nap I'll be wide awake that night.

Gah...such problems!

Christ alive!

Go out early, get a seat for the match. Drink a hape of gargle and it doesn't matter what time you get home you'll be in a drunken coma til the next morn!

Jaysus, these amateurs..... :P

Teachers who moan about going back to work after months off. God help us mere mortals with our 20days annual leave per year.

Hey :p I'm happy being back at work! I just don't like going to bed early, I feel like I'm missing out on something!

• Advertisement

Hey :p I'm happy being back at work! I just don't like going to bed early, I feel like I'm missing out on something!

If you are a 'night' person then going to bed early is something you never get used to. At least I have never gotten used to it. :(

Menas wrote:
    If you are a 'night' person then going to bed early is something you never get used to. At least I have never gotten used to it.

I am most definitely a night person. I do all my best work at ridiculous o'clock! That means I am a horrible person in the morning though, no matter how much sleep I get. I'll be grumpy for no reason apart from the fact that it's morning.

I am most definitely a night person. I do all my best work at ridiculous o'clock! That means I am a horrible person in the morning though, no matter how much sleep I get. I'll be grumpy for no reason apart from the fact that it's morning.

The grumpy morning thing I concur with. Takes a gallon of coffee and a couple of hours before I am even willing to snap at people without using swear words!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who are not hygienic when it comes to food prep is more than trivially annoying.

I'm so particular (as I'm sure most people are) about making sure I wash my hands after handling meat, disinfecting surfaces if meat touched them and keeping kitchen counters completely sanitised.

But a friend of mine isn't as scrupulous and thinks nothing of shoving a chicken in the oven, not washing her hands, wiping the counter/chopping board with a dirty J-cloth and isn't fussy about keeping raw/cooked meats separate in the fridge.
    Safe to say I don't eat anything in her house.

It's baffling how some people don't get the basics of hygiene and food safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Menas wrote: »
    If you are a 'night' person then going to bed early is something you never get used to. At least I have never gotten used to it. :(

It's gotten to the stage now that I typically get about 4 or 5 hours sleep on weekday nights. I just love Boards, YouTube and Reddit too much.

I hate lazy business practice. I ordered something from the UK at the weekend and since I hadn't heard anything from them I emailed to ask when it would be dispatched. What I got was an email telling me that their system was new and shouldn't have accepted an international order, attached to the email is a pdf of their bank details in case I want to pay the shipping costs because they accepted the payment for the product via Paypal but the shipping is a seperate matter:confused: They should have contacted me about this, it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Every last one of the ice cube bags in the box did not self seal. Fill it, turn it upside down, water pours back out. Then I have to balance them semi upright in the freezer so they don't spill. I'm so sick of stuff not doing what it's supposed to, like the ham packets that don't reseal, and the tabs on bags of pasta etc sticking for a couple of seconds then popping off again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

long, often ranty, run- on sentence style facebook posts with no proper punctuation.

''so I was in the salon today and the stylist ****ed up my hair and I said to her what have you done to my hair and she goes it looks fine and im like no it clearly isn't im gonna make a complaint and she says go ahead and im like yeah so I walk out in tears so upset and I was gonna go out tonight but I cant now cos my hair is in bits and I feel like pure crap after what happened me in the salon well I tell you there will be hell to pay im gonna tell everyone about that kip and not to go there and ruin there business im actually fuming some people shouldn't be trusted with others peoples hair rant over!!!!!!''

they are often much longer than the made up one above. I refuse to read anything that doesn't at least have paragraphs. jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

fussyonion wrote:
    I'm so particular (as I'm sure most people are) about making sure I wash my hands after handling meat, disinfecting surfaces if meat touched them and keeping kitchen counters completely sanitised.

I'm the only person in my family who is like this. Before I did a food safety course in school I didn't really think much about it. Ever since then I notice everything risky my mom does. She is pretty clueless about that kind of stuff. I'm probably her trivial annoyance, come to think of it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭What are those?

When people dont put the lids back on things eg.Pringles,Nutella etc etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement