Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

dubscottie wrote: »
    So did I .. Think it was in the wedding forum..

My TA.. who sang "I am not going to live in silence, I m not going to live in fear"??

Cant find it on tube!!

John Farhnam - You're The Voice. A great 80s song :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Trebor176 wrote: »
    John Farhnam - You're The Voice. A great 80s song :)

Thank you sir.. It was lost in the vast volumes of music on the computer..:D

(all got through UPC)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Being pregnant at a wedding, apparently makes you fair game for being mauled. Hands off the bump boozy.

Having to travel 4+ hours home today :( I'm absolutely dreading it. I can't even sleep because I have a fear my husband will fall asleep at the wheel, so I have to stare at him for the whole journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Swiping left instead of right by mistake :(

Swiping right when trying to swipe left.
    They've swiped right. they're as old as your grandfather . aaagh. delete app .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

deise08 wrote: »
    Swiping right when trying to swipe left.
    They've swiped right. they're as old as your grandfather . aaagh. delete app .

Could ya not unmatch??? Or adjust age settings
    TA: having no wifi to swipe either way

Could ya not unmatch??? Or adjust age settings
    TA: having no wifi to swipe either way

Eh not sure about unmatching, just panicked and deleted :)

Eh not sure about unmatching, just panicked and deleted :)

Smooth :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Samsgirl wrote: »
    TA that despite myself and my thoughts I really enjoyed the event that I had zero interest in going to tonight.

It's usually those nights that you have no interest in or motivation to get ready, that turn out to be the best nights ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Not knowing what swiping is :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Fcukwits who go to other peoples houses after the clubs have closed to keep drinking/getting stoned all night. The cnut next door uses his house as a drop in centre for such fcukwits. He's so pathetic that he waits up until the early hours of the morning so they can call in and stay there instead of going home. A quarter to 5 this morning we were woken up by a few of them going in and they're still up. It sounds like a Beavis and Butthead convention.:mad:

Not knowing what swiping is :D

Tindar!!!

Though curiously enough I usually press the button instead of swiping!!

Tindar!!!

Though curiously enough I usually press the button instead of swiping!!

oooh heard about it, but yet to check it out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Cases like the case we must not speak about being thrown in your face everywhere, every day and newspapers bringing out mini books that go through the investigation.

He committed a crime, was found guilty. End of story, now stop extracting every little thing and spouting it through every media source possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

. It sounds like a Beavis and Butthead convention.:mad:
    Or "Adam and Paul" movie character appreciation club, thinking more closer to home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Cases like the case we must not speak about being thrown in your face everywhere, every day and newspapers bringing out mini books that go through the investigation.

He committed a crime, was found guilty. End of story, now stop extracting every little thing and spouting it through every media source possible.

Every news outlet, paper, blog, internet discussion board is talking about it. Now.

But not here.

We have to wait until April 20th, sentencing day.

I'm sure the mods have their reasons, but honestly, it is belt and braces.

• Advertisement

Mod

It's really not that difficult to not talk about something.

If anyone needs further clarification. Our legal experts clarify it here.

Any further discussion of either the case, or of mod decisions, will result in bans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Trivially annoyed, got my eyes checked and I just needed a slight variation in one of the lenses. Glasses came back and was happy with them until I tried them on last night. The lens isn't flush with the frame :( Not happy this wasn't pointed out to me or the service offered to thin the lens to fit the frame like my old ones. Now I've to go back and complain.

Wish I had my old glasses back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

Tension headache from the tension in my neck and shoulders. No matter what I try to kill the headache with, it just won't go away.

Try using Vicks on you temples, forehead and back of neck. It can lift that throbbing feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

TA that I fell asleep with a cup of coffee in my hand and just woke up to find it all over me and the bed and my favourite pillow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Misleading headline in the Sunday Indo about Roz Purcell giving herself 3 fingers. :mad::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

The little washing liquid tabs got stuck to my clothes and got all sticky in the machine. I thought they were supposed to dissolve completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA that I had to stream the Georgia v Germany game cos UPC have it blocked on ITV4 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Annoyed at myself for putting on RTE 2 to watch the soccer. When it's over I'll say to myself "why did I just waste 2 hours watching that shyte"
    Also, Robbie Keane's voice.

I just found a live louse in my pre-packaged mushrooms! Seriously like, who wants stir fried louse for dinner?

My neighbours hogging the dryer. He came down four times to see what I was doing when I was innocently washing clothes. It's not half intimidating and selfish of him.

Stupid flares in the aviva. :)

they've no place here. :)

Stupid flares in the aviva. :)

they've no place here. :)

I'm more annoyed by Poland scoring :(

:) that's more than trivial though.

I'm more annoyed by Ireland's performance.....or lack of it as the case may be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Watching Eddie Jordan doing his thing in a too tight pair of jeans and a tan after the Formula 1 today I am now trivially annoyed by older men who try and look like young fellas.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    Watching Eddie Jordan doing his thing in a too tight pair of jeans and a tan after the Formula 1 today I am now trivially annoyed by older men who try and look like young fellas.

If I look half as good as he does when I'm pushing 70 I'll be fooking delighted.

My TA: Apparently Brazil v Chile was my quota of football for the day so now I have to watch Coronation Street.:mad:

Schwiiing wrote: »

My TA: Apparently Brazil v Chile was my quota of football for the day so now I have to watch Coronation Street.:mad:

Ha ha ha ha . maybe that's why I'm single. couldn't be doing with quotas!

Ha ha ha ha . maybe that's why I'm single. couldn't be doing with quotas!

Being single is my other TA. The sister has commandeered the remote.

That Swedish refs think your hand is part of your leg. :(

Irish soccer fans singing when ireland getting beat :confused:

I know they've had a few chances but aren't drawing yet....almost as embarrassing as at the euros when Ireland were being hammered :mad:

Yeah, you should never, ever try get behind your team :rolleyes:

Mod

Lads, who oh why oh why do ye insist on pushing this thread closer and closer to permanent closure?

Not a chat thread. Not a football discussion thread

Edit: It's worth me pointing out that posts have been deleted by users while I was typing this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It annoys me that I am the kiss of death to everything that grows, inside and out. It's black thumbs I have. Everyone I know has flourishing house plants. When I ask advice it's either ah that thing I neglect it / water it a couple of times a week. Whatever I do, I kill it. Spider plants are foolproof I'm told, no way you can kill one of them ! Ha! I've killed dozens of em ! I blame the house, it has to be facing the wrong way ...,

Plastic flowers :):):):)

t a. when you get an oil stain on your clothes, from a crumb or something :(

when people invite a response from people about something, ignore said responses, then when asked say they'll get back to them in new year about it, then when it gets to near april and person follows up on it, says they're surprised by the tone of the person's message....

people get my blood boiling sometimes... and nope, I don't expect any of this to make sense to anyone but me... but omg people!!!

• Advertisement

When you clearly never really stood a chance for something... yet you believed... argh...

Or basically just hoping something will happen, when you know deep down it won't happen. Or, you hope something will happen, hopes are kept up a tad, but those hopes end up being dashed for whatever reason. Depending on what it is, it can be so disappointing when it doesn't work out. The heart sinks!

Or basically just hoping something will happen, when you know deep down it won't happen. Or, you hope something will happen, hopes are kept up a tad, but those hopes end up being dashed for whatever reason. Depending on what it is, it can be so disappointing when it doesn't work out. The heart sinks!

yes, all of that and more. and it's trivial yet it's not. the type of thing that might even be trivial to other people, yet it still hurts a lot to you, and the disappointment can be so heart-wrenching.

when people invite a response from people about something, ignore said responses, then when asked say they'll get back to them in new year about it, then when it gets to near april and person follows up on it, says they're surprised by the tone of the person's message....

people get my blood boiling sometimes... and nope, I don't expect any of this to make sense to anyone but me... but omg people!!!

I know there was an issue with this and previous thread and personal digs... so thought it might be worth clarifying this relates to a situation off boards.... nothing to do with anything on here... (sorry, can't edit the post to say that, as I've a new account, so can't edit for first ten days) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My tumble dryer overheating & smouldering away.. I have a perfectly dry lot of washing but they stink of smoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

My tumble dryer overheating & smouldering away.. I have a perfectly dry lot of washing but they stink of smoke.

Sounds more dangerous than trivial TBH. Check the fluff filter!

• Advertisement

We seem to have out washing issues alright today! Sounds like you need that dryer fixed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Sounds more dangerous than trivial TBH. Check the fluff filter!

It's outside the back door now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

my strategy is expecting the worst. if it ends up the worst, you wont be majorly disappointed as you had prepared yourself for it, if it happens its a pleasant surprise. never put too much expectation into a positive outcome, its nice to be optimistic,but realistic is a better mindset.

TA that the weekend is just over

Moronic next door neighbours slamming doors at all hours when others are trying to sleep, as is the case at the moment. In fact, noisy neighbours in general piss anyone off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement