Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

fussyonion wrote: »
    it just washes away because the inner rim of my bottom waterline is wet.

Read out of context this is...eh....weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Menas wrote: »
    Read out of context this is...eh....weird!

:pac::pac:

I have a stye. And I've never had one before but my God it's uncomfortable.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

razorblunt wrote: »
    I don't know if I've said this before, but Netflix don't need to show you the "previously" on or the title intro when you're binge watching. By all means show it on the first one and if I jump to watch something else that's my fault but thank you confirming that Kyle Chandler is in Friday Night Lights and Tim Riggins is in trouble with a girl, I scene I watched 15 minutes ago.

Yes, I know I can jump forward!
    Currently watching SoA on Netflix, and if I sit through the end credits (with the 30sec countdown) it'll skip the Previously... bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

**** on YouTube that name their video something that it's not in order to get hits.

Hear the Kanye West speech at the VMAs the other night was hilarious and so I go to YT to watch it and I must have clicked on 50 videos at this stage now that are all titled 'Kanye West VMA Speech' (including a sceencap from the VMASs of course) and all without exception have been some twat in his fcuking bedroom commenting on the damn thing as if anyone would want to listen to some dope's opinion. I hate these scumbags. I'd love to able to reach threw the interwebs and give them all a smack in the puss. Leeches. Wasps are less annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Hotels that have those conveyer belt style toasters in the breakfast room/restaurant.

They're not slow enough to properly toast bread with 1 pass, yet too slow to toast bread without burning it with a second pass.

Example;
    Run the bread through once: comes out mildly warm with just a hint of discolouration to show its actually toasting.
    Run the bread through a second time: Black carbon is the result (bonus points if there is a smoke alarm nearby)

Some of them I know you can control the speed of the belt, but with a lot of them, the controls are hidden away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Hotels that have those conveyer belt style toasters in the breakfast room/restaurant.

They're not slow enough to properly toast bread with 1 pass, yet too slow to toast bread without burning it with a second pass.

Example;
    Run the bread through once: comes out mildly warm with just a hint of discolouration to show its actually toasting.
    Run the bread through a second time: Black carbon is the result (bonus points if there is a smoke alarm nearby)

Some of them I know you can control the speed of the belt, but with a lot of them, the controls are hidden away!!

Normally a queue for them too so there ya are hungover to fawk on a weekend away just trying to get a feed and you have to make awkward small talk with your queue companion. Ànd you get crap toast after that.

Normally a queue for them too so there ya are hungover to fawk on a weekend away just trying to get a feed and you have to make awkward small talk with your queue companion.

Or someone takes your toast when it's done!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

byte wrote: »
    Currently watching SoA on Netflix, and if I sit through the end credits (with the 30sec countdown) it'll skip the Previously... bit.

Ah, I didn't know that, I alway hit play now on the next epsiode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I decided to treat myself to a night of luxury in a hotel before a weekend camping at the Electric Picnic. I got to use my new bag (with wheels!!) for my stuff. My brother had been at me for years to get one but I'm stubborn. Leaving for the train station yesterday, I carried the bag first but then whipped out the handle to wheel the bag after me.

However, because I'm 6'5", the wheels didn't even reach the ground, the gap being about 2 or 3 inches. I was not impressed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Noisy smokers.

There is a bloke where I work and when he smokes you would think he was deep breathing for child birth with the noises that come out of him.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Example;

:eek: What kind of third world hell hole hotels do you stay in? Sweet Jesus, the waiting staff are supposed to bring the toast to you.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I decided to treat myself to a night of luxury in a hotel before a weekend camping at the Electric Picnic. I got to use my new bag (with wheels!!) for my stuff. My brother had been at me for years to get one but I'm stubborn. Leaving for the train station yesterday, I carried the bag first but then whipped out the handle to wheel the bag after me.

However, because I'm 6'5", the wheels didn't even reach the ground, the gap being about 2 or 3 inches. I was not impressed...

You need to get yourself a man bag (not a satchel) but one of those leather carry ones (not marked with Adidas & Fred Perry), the only downside is amount of ladies hanging off you. The wife gets very annoyed, you may as well be out walking the puppy with his tartan neckerchief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Daith

When you're in a cafe or similar and there's one table left and you want to eat/drink there. You wait in line, table is still free, still free, about to get your food.

Then a couple comes in and one says "I'll save the seat, while the other goes off to queue". :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭What are those?

people who sit in the wrong seat at the cinema/matches/gigs etc, either your ignorant of not understanding where your to sit or your just a prick knicking someone elses seat (i dont mind if you move once the event begins tho if theres free spaces elsewhere)

• Advertisement

My own laziness. I am off this week and cant be arsed to go and do something. Lousy weather putting me off.
    Luckily the Irish times got delivered free so I can spend a couple of hours with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Indicators must be an optional extra on some cars. V TA that I got them. Could have saved some money and got some shiney go faster stripes instead!

I was looking forward to trying a new recipe out tonight, then I realised I forgot to buy one of the key ingredients so I'll have to go to the supermarket again tomorrow.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Nosey in-laws.

Other half's mammy tried opening a rant to my girlfriend about what I buy with my own money and her disapproval of the items I buy.

I play games as a hobby so naturally I buy games every now and then.

One man's trash is another man's treasure

why do people from every county believe the Sam Maguire cup is rightfully theirs,the phrase "Sam is finally coming home!"etc really annoys me.As far as i know he died in Cork so ill let the rebels away with it :)

• Advertisement

:eek: What kind of third world hell hole hotels do you stay in? Sweet Jesus, the waiting staff are supposed to bring the toast to you.:D

Sometimes it's more practical to stay in a shïttÿ little Holiday Inn on the side of a motorway for me, as I visit industry, so not always in the most glamorous locations! (That's in the U.K. anyway!)
    Europeans tend to build their power stations in nicer places!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you're treating yourself to eating out in a restaurant, you finally get your food and you've just started tucking in to a tasty meal when....

"Hi is everything alright for you?"

Two minutes later:

"Hi is there anything I can get for you?"

Just **** off and let me eat my food! if I want something I'll let you know ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Dramatik wrote: »
    When you're treating yourself to eating out in a restaurant, you finally get your food and you've just started tucking in to a tasty meal when....

Two minutes later:

It's always when you have a big mouthful of food too, so you end up furiously nodding and trying not to talk with your mouth full.

Because I have a stye, I can't wear mascara at the moment.
    So now I feel like a baldy panda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

We have a basketball court in the estate, some idiots brought their huskies into it two weeks ago to shave them.

Now the court is full of fur! Who the f*ck thinks that's acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Not trivial but very annoying, how many camera people took photos and filmed that poor kid lying on the beach before the Turkish policeman moved him,
    Photo op or run and take him out of the water..

selous wrote: »
    Not trivial but very annoying, how many camera people took photos and filmed that poor kid lying on the beach before the Turkish policeman moved him,

Sadly there's nothing new in that, usually it's war zones though.

That image has had me in bits. It is just so sad.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

That image has had me in bits. It is just so sad.:(
    Same here Menas..cant get it out of my head.Ive no interest in the politics of this all I can think of is a little boy drowning in such awful circumstances..so so sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Today trivial things seemed like just that, trivial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Sorry for ruining the trivial things guys,

But i'll try n get back on track now, got my THIRD bill yesterday from Irish water, this one in for E17,80 and yet I registered before the cut off date, and this came to "the occupier" the ones I got before I registered came addressed to my name, hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Plans changing and suddenly it's almost 8pm and I've done feck all with my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Dramatik, Do a bjork and reef them out of it :-D

TA farting in polite company, and hoping it's not smellable, and if is then hoping it's gone before anyone comes in and notices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA that the art of letter writing seems to be dying out. One of my dearest friends recently quit the auld BookFace and I haven't heard a thing from her in a few weeks which is slightly worrying. Still, a mutual friend told me she's doing grand and suggested sending her a nice little note. Since I don't have her email, phone number or even a Skype address, it seems the best option.
    So yes, I am bringing back letter writing. Got some lovely purple envelopes in Tiger so there's no excuse! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

selous wrote: »

In fairness it takes half of a second to take a photo, so it could have just been one person who simply went "click" and that was that.

And they may have already reported it to police and been told not to touch the body and were awaiting their arrival.

Or there could have been police already in the vicinity who were keeping people back.

Either way, if I saw a child's dead body I certainly wouldn't immediately know how to react.

Impossible to tell from the photos what was actually going on around the body.

McChubbin wrote: »
    TA that the art of letter writing seems to be dying out. One of my dearest friends recently quit the auld BookFace and I haven't heard a thing from her in a few weeks which is slightly worrying. Still, a mutual friend told me she's doing grand and suggested sending her a nice little note. Since I don't have her email, phone number or even a Skype address, it seems the best option.
    So yes, I am bringing back letter writing. Got some lovely purple envelopes in Tiger so there's no excuse! :P

I love letter writing too. I've written at least three letters this year so far. If someone sends you a letter, it tells you that they've dedicated a special amount of their time especially to you. It says a lot.

DareGod wrote: »
    I love letter writing too. I've written at least three letters this year so far. If someone sends you a letter, it tells you that they've dedicated a special amount of their time especially to you. It says a lot.

You're making me nostalgic now. When my husband and I were first going out together 20 years ago he was in England and I was in Ireland so we used to write each other really long romantic love letters and we only got to see each other every 3 or 4 months. Flights were about 300 pounds then and our phone bills were shocking. Ah the old days, before mobile phones and the internet.:D Oh, and we both still have all the letters.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Dramatik wrote: »

Two minutes later:

And when you've actually had enough time to taste the food or need something, they are far too busy polishing cutlery or folding napkins and impossible to attract their attention!

You're making me nostalgic now. When my husband and I were first going out together 20 years ago he was in England and I was in Ireland so we used to write each other really long romantic love letters and we only got to see each other every 3 or 4 months. Flights were about 300 pounds then and our phone bills were shocking. Ah the old days, before mobile phones and the internet.:D Oh, and we both still have all the letters.:)

After my dad died we were clearing out the house. And hidden deep in a dark hidey hole I found a batch of love letters that he had sent and received from my mum when they were courting. He had kept them for 30 odd years and they looked well worn which I guess meant that he read them every now and again.

I could not read them, too personal, but did give them to her a few months later.
    I really hope she has them still as I really want to own them some day. I just hope there is nothing dirty in there!

• Advertisement

After my dad died we were clearing out the house. And hidden deep in a dark hidey hole I found a batch of love letters that he had sent and received from my mum when they were courting. He had kept them for 30 odd years and they looked well worn which I guess meant that he read them every now and again.

I could not read them, too personal, but did give them to her a few months later.
    I really hope she has them still as I really want to own them some day. I just hope there is nothing dirty in there!

They'll be steamy.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TA'd when watching the programme about Shannon airport on RTE earlier and the guy was proudly showing his manager around the newly designed duty free shop. The new layout was inspired by the original guy who developed the World's first Duty Free shop in Shannon, Dr. Brendan O'Reagan and they named it in his honour.
    Said employee proudly pointed to the sign displaying the new name, with no apostrophe - O'Reagans!!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    TA'd when watching the programme about Shannon airport on RTE earlier and the guy was proudly showing his manager around the newly designed duty free shop. The new layout was inspired by the original guy who developed the World's first Duty Free shop in Shannon, Dr. Brendan O'Reagan and they named it in his honour.
    Said employee proudly pointed to the sign displaying the new name, with no apostrophe - O'Reagans!!

The Duty Free was magnificent in it's day and I was horrified at how shoddy and cheap looking it had been made over the years, hopefully they'll get it back to what it should be now that it's under new management.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Generation X'ers who criticise millenials for not having the wealth they did.

They don't get that we are paying for their easy life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

grundie wrote: »

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

When you can't figure out what your precise address is due to slight variances between different sources...

Eircode says it's one thing. Google Maps says it's another thing. Your electricity company says another. Your phone company says something slightly different.... etc etc

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE I LIVE! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

grundie wrote: »

can you elaborate?
    I've a feeling generation x is paying a lot more than millenials for the run of things....

People cycling that tuck one trouser leg into their sock so as not to get it caught in the chain,would you not just tuck both legs in ,it really annoys me.Maybe ive some mild OCD but it just looks so wrong

arayess wrote: »
    can you elaborate?
    I've a feeling generation x is paying a lot more than millenials for the run of things....

And lets not mention how Generation x was around during that really big boom time in the 70s and 80s...there was a fella on our street had a phone. In his house!
    Lap of luxury it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

And lets not mention how Generation x was around during that really big boom time in the 70s and 80s...there was a fella on our street had a phone. In his house!
    Lap of luxury it was.

i thought generation x was those born in the 70's who became angry teenagers in the 90s now in their 30s/40s saddled with USC and excessive mortgages to pay for the golfing trips abroad for the over 50's and retired who tell them "recession , you lads don't know recession!! "

arayess wrote: »
    i thought generation x was those born in the 70's who became angry teenagers in the 90s now in their 30s/40s saddled with USC and excessive mortgages to pay for the golfing trips abroad for the over 50's and retired who tell them "recession , you lads don't know recession!! "

Generation x can be anyone born between the 60 and the 80s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement