Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Menas wrote: »
    And lets not mention how Generation x was around during that really big boom time in the 70s and 80s...there was a fella on our street had a phone. In his house!
    Lap of luxury it was.

Don't be talking, there was a man on our street used to to Spain for holidays every two years. Everyone would come out to wave him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

arayess wrote: »
    can you elaborate?
    I've a feeling generation x is paying a lot more than millenials for the run of things....

I should have said Generation X and the baby boomer generation.

Basically cheaper housing, lower cost of living, decent pension schemes and more jobs for life.

I posted this because my American father in law said I was living extravagantly for travelling abroad to be a best man. He paid $25,000 for a five bedroom house in 1975. He recently sold it for nearly half a million and now lives six months in Arizona and six months in Canada and has a brilliant pension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

People cycling

You could just stopped there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Trivially annoyed that I've absolutely no idea what this Generation X conversation is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

DareGod wrote: »
    Trivially annoyed that I've absolutely no idea what this Generation X conversation is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When you can't figure out what your precise address is due to slight variances between different sources...

Eircode says it's one thing. Google Maps says it's another thing. Your electricity company says another. Your phone company says something slightly different.... etc etc

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE I LIVE! :(

Don't check it on the An Post "search for an address" website either Its wrong too, I know of two estates in Sandyford one doesn't exist by estate name (Ticknock Hill) only by internal road name,
    The new one down the road, Grange hill was a lovely big old house in Sandyford D18 it was knocked down and the new estate built on it is now Rathfarnam D14, how does that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

In fairness it takes half of a second to take a photo, so it could have just been one person who simply went "click" and that was that.

And they may have already reported it to police and been told not to touch the body and were awaiting their arrival.

Or there could have been police already in the vicinity who were keeping people back.

Either way, if I saw a child's dead body I certainly wouldn't immediately know how to react.

Impossible to tell from the photos what was actually going on around the body.

I didn't think anything of it first till I seen the news and the heap of camera people and photographers on the beach, would they not go and see if he was still alive even if barely, Maybe they were told to stay away, still a shocking image,

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Being a people pleaser. I had planned to spend the night at my dad's house(first time since he got a new place), but I got a call for a person I babysit for. He sounded like he really needed a babysitter, and when he asked 'are you busy?', I replied 'oh no I can babysit no bother'. :o I know it's my own fault, but I just can't say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I found a selection box on a high up shelf in a wardrobe, that I hid last December to have as a spare. It's best before April, so I'm wondering should I chance it.
    I ate 2 spicy tomato pasta Mugshots for dinner because I was a total lazy cow. I'm going to be crippled tomorrow, I never learn :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

73Cat wrote: »
    I found a selection box on a high up shelf in a wardrobe, that I hid last December to have as a spare. It's best before April, so I'm wondering should I chance it.
    I ate 2 spicy tomato pasta Mugshots for dinner because I was a total lazy cow. I'm going to be crippled tomorrow, I never learn :(

Ah eat it, definitely! I'd chance anything for a bit of chocolate! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Ah eat it, definitely! I'd chance anything for a bit of chocolate! :pac:

Chocolate actually keeps pretty well.. chance it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

TA that these weren't nearly as interesting as they sounded before I googled. I was expecting something huge, I got cup-a-soups :(

Actually just finished dinner myself there, the brother-in-law is home from London, and decides to make Guinness stew. I love Guinness, I love stew, but those two should never be combined, ever again. Rotten, but TA now that I can't really say it to him or I'll feel like a right prick :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

xLisaBx wrote: »

Those dates are only there because of some regulation or other. If it looks all right (no sweating on the sweet) then just eat them. Report back here when done! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

xLisaBx wrote: »

If it's brown, eat it down. If it's white, it might be shite.

TA that these weren't nearly as interesting as they sounded before I googled. I was expecting something huge, I got cup-a-soups :(

Actually just finished dinner myself there, the brother-in-law is home from London, and decides to make Guinness stew. I love Guinness, I love stew, but those two should never be combined, ever again. Rotten, but TA now that I can't really say it to him or I'll feel like a right prick :o

My wife made a stew with a can of John Smiths bitter in it. Absolutely fcking gorgeous. It was slow cooked so the meat was really tender. Sorry that you could not have some!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Those dates are only there because of some regulation or other. If it looks all right (no sweating on the sweet) then just eat them. Report back here when done! :D

With all this talk of chocolate, I need some now :pac:
    Guaranteed with my parents trying to eat healthy there will be none in the kitchen.. TA!

Ye are all killing me, I'm a total chocolate addict but I'm trying to be good and do weight watchers again after pigging out on holiday last week! If I fall off the wagon I am blaming ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Ye are all killing me, I'm a total chocolate addict but I'm trying to be good and do weight watchers again after pigging out on holiday last week! If I fall off the wagon I am blaming ye :D
    Speaking of blaming people...I was in Dunnes last night and the lovely lady ahead of me gave me a voucher for 10e off if you spend 50e(had to be used yesterday) anyway my shopping came to 44e so I ran and grabbed another bottle of wine as it was the quickest thing to grab tbh;) so its her fault that I will be over indulging tonight:D

Colser wrote: »
    Speaking of blaming people...I was in Dunnes last night and the lovely lady ahead of me gave me a voucher for 10e off if you spend 50e(had to be used yesterday) anyway my shopping came to 44e so I ran and grabbed another bottle of wine as it was the quickest thing to grab tbh;) so its her fault that I will be over indulging tonight:D

We shall look forward to some drunken ramblings from you tonight!
    Have some chocolate too Colser...push the boat out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

People who run ultra marathons....are normal marathons not challenging enough for ya?

Deep down I think they are amazing and I am in awe of them and their achievements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah, chocolate.

This is not annoying, so sorry. I don't eat much chocolate, but I get the goo every so often and I can go a little mad if there is no chocolate in the house, because I need it right then and right there.

At Christmas there are always boxes of lovely expensive stuff in the house. Some taken by visitors and the rest more or less left in the box.

So one year I said "sod that" these chocs always end up in the bin. So I decanted them into little ziplock bags 6 at a time at random, and chucked em in the freezer. It works folks, they are just the same defrosted as the day the box was opened. What a feckin revelation!!

Thing is, when I am taking out the broccolli and all the HEALTHY stuff, I look around to see who is watching, grab the bag of chocs and defrost them out of sight. Then EAT.

My name is Spanish Eyes and I am a secret choc eater.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Why are there no functioning vacooms at any garages? After several futile attempts to vacuum my car I gave up and had to do build an extension lead bridge through half the estate to my car. It's a miracle nobody tripped over one of the cables (I had secretly hoped for it just for the sake of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When you're browsing the Internet but can't concentrate because you've something on your mind, so you just click and move the mouse aimlessly.

We shall look forward to some drunken ramblings from you tonight!
    Have some chocolate too Colser...push the boat out.
    Dont quote anything I say later so I can delete in the morn:DAnd I think i
    I will have nuts with my vino if its all the same with you Menas:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The dates on some bars are actually later on opening the box. I've eaten the Flake, all good :). TA that if my guts in bits tomorrow, I won't know if it's the chocolate or the Mugshots, ha I just typed that Mugsh1ts and had to change it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Girls who apply their make up every morning on the bus. Sooo bloody annoying. As for the stupid faces...

And I'm a make up wearing girl! But applying on public transport is just... eugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Robsweezie wrote: »
    When you're browsing the Internet but can't concentrate because you've something on your mind, so you just click and move the mouse aimlessly.

Or even worse, when you are reading an interesting website, it has a link to something else. Finish reading the link and close the link, except you close the whole website! Feckin hell I hate that.

I know I can go to history and regroup, but that's too easy, I prefer to be annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Ronnie Whelan's commentating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

No safety issues for best before dates, just may not be the optimum quality, it's only use by dates you need to worry about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So I buy a roll of black bin liners earlier, remove the packaging and then rip a bin bag from the roll. I then spent the next fives minutes trying to grip & physically separate the plastic tips of the bin bag. It's the 21st and surely manufacturers are capable of producing bin bags, that don't require MacGyver skills to open them.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Girls who apply their make up every morning on the bus. Sooo bloody annoying. As for the stupid faces...

And I'm a make up wearing girl! But applying on public transport is just... eugh

A (female) manager in my office went on a rant about this recently...but I really don't see the issue?

I'll sometimes do it if I'm pushed for time to get to work and if I've a seat to myself...but why does it annoy other people so much?

My TA is that I've a lift home tonight which is saving me the bus fare but my lift got delayed and won't be here until 12.30 at least...and I'm so sleepy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Brian May's hair

It's been 40 years!! Change it up for gods sake!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

RTÉ - they said they are doing full coverage of Electric Picnic this year, yet here we are, with 33% of the festival complete, and not a peep on RTÉ about it.

And when they do eventually show something, it'll probably be that idiot Eoghan McDermot interviewing Georgia Flucking Salpa or some RTÉ employee and talking about wellies, while making stupid jokes about frogs and lollipops!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Listening to some relaxing ASMR videos on Youtube recently (it's all people whispering and being soft-spoken, tapping on objects, etc, for relaxation) when I nodded off. (Was wearing earphones).
    I woke up with a start to the sounds of a particularly loud Harvey Norman ad:

"GIT DOWN TO HAHVEY NORMAN THIS WEEKEND! SALE NOW ON! SINEY TV'S, COMPUTAHS, LIPTOPS, ILLICTRICAL APPLIANCES, ALL WITH 25% OFF!"

I nearly pooed the bed with fright; it was so loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've only been back to school a week and I am dying with a cold already. Damn those snotty, germy kids :(

KatW4 wrote: »
    I've only been back to school a week and I am dying with a cold already. Damn those snotty, germy kids :(
    Cut down on the homework Kat and we will dose our little darlings with Vitamin C..:P

Cut down on the homework Kat and we will dose our little darlings with Vitamin C..:P

How's the head today Colser? :)

Colser wrote:
    Cut down on the homework Kat and we will dose our little darlings with Vitamin C..

I'm the resource teacher, I don't give homework :(

How's the head today Colser? :)
    Im in the recovery position:( I had one bottle but thats too much for me..Wine is not my friend.Wont get much done today Id say.Thanks for asking though:D

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm the resource teacher, I don't give homework :(
    Well then I hope you feel better soon.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Gaa players getting bans rescinded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Made the mistake of trying those new Doritos Roulette last night.
    Let's just say using the bathroom this morning was not a pleasant experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Gaa players getting bans rescinded

I'm a lot more than just trivially annoyed about this but I don't want to de-rail the thread... so I won't mention how unfair it is that he got off just because he's from Dublin :-P

Back on topic- I'm trivially annoyed today that a wedding invitation arrived to my homeplace today inviting everyone in my family except my brother (who lives in the US) and me ( who lives 1 hour away)... Only trivially annoyed tho as I knew the wedding was coming up and wasn't planning on going anyway!

tradhead wrote: »
    I'm a lot more than just trivially annoyed about this but I don't want to de-rail the thread... so I won't mention how unfair it is that he got off just because he's from Dublin :-P

Back on topic- I'm trivially annoyed today that a wedding invitation arrived to my homeplace today inviting everyone in my family except my brother (who lives in the US) and me ( who lives 1 hour away)... Only trivially annoyed tho as I knew the wedding was coming up and wasn't planning on going anyway!
    If I was left off a wedding invitation I would be posting in the Happy thread..look on it as a lucky escape.

Colser wrote:
    Well then I hope you feel better soon.

Haha :p thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

If I was left off a wedding invitation I would be posting in the Happy thread..look on it as a lucky escape.

It's not a wedding invitation, but one of my wife's friends invited her to an event she's hosting next week, and my wife is moaning protesting that she feels obliged to go. If she hadn't been invited though, I may as well pack my bags and move out for the week until she calmed down :pac:

I absolutely refused to go myself, so she's ticked off about that as it is, but hoping she can change my mind in between now and next week... TA that my wife doesn't know better by now :p

It's not a wedding invitation, but one of my wife's friends invited her to an event she's hosting next week, and my wife is moaning protesting that she feels obliged to go. If she hadn't been invited though, I may as well pack my bags and move out for the week until she calmed down :pac:

I absolutely refused to go myself, so she's ticked off about that as it is, but hoping she can change my mind in between now and next week... TA that my wife doesn't know better by now :p
    No kebabs for you this week so..theyre bad for you anyway:p

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

In the middle of an online conversation with a friend, I say something that she never responds to, 40 minutes later "Sorry I was watching a movie."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Bressie always talking about his depression. If he's really depressed then why is his music so sh-te?

• Advertisement

Wasps are out in force today..:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement