Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Bressie always talking about his depression. If he's really depressed then why is his music so sh-te?
    Its a bit ott alright but its good that people admit to suffering from it.Its a horrible illness. Hes my favourite judge on The Voice and I have to say I find him very hot:o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

Here's a small one, the main culprits are TV ads. Things can't just be "new" anymore, they have to be "all new" WTF does that even mean ? All new as opposed to what, partly new ? Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IvanRakitic

the GAA community

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My husband is taking a nap. He's also leaving for China tomorrow. He's wasting previous family time. He can sleep for hours on the plane, have full, uninterrupted sleep every night for a week. While I get up twice a night with the toddler. I really think I should be having the nap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

trashcan wrote: »
    Here's a small one, the main culprits are TV ads. Things can't just be "new" anymore, they have to be "all new" WTF does that even mean ? All new as opposed to what, partly new ? Grrrr.

What annoys me even more is when cosmetic brands introduce a new mascara every few weeks.
    "NEW Black Intense Mascara" "NEW Even Blacker Intense Mascara" "NEW Even Blacker AND Lengthening Mascara".
    I mean, do they want us to think that the previous versions are no use now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

people who say (or post on social media) "faith in humanity restored"

fcuking idiots. as if the whole of humanity is some **** hole dwelling animal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I have a student staying with me at the moment and the dirty little bugger keeps peeing all over the toilet seat. Its absolutely pissing me off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Zanablue wrote: »
    I have a student staying with me at the moment and the dirty little bugger keeps peeing all over the toilet seat. Its absolutely pissing me off...

Perhaps get one of those 'If you sprinkle when you tinkle then please be sweet and clean the seat' signs? Embarrass him in to a bit of house training.

Menas wrote: »
    Perhaps get one of those 'If you sprinkle when you tinkle then please be sweet and clean the seat' signs? Embarrass him in to a bit of house training.

He will just pretend that he doesn't understand. He's out at the moment but the mess he left before he went out was just disgusting! I'm waiting for the little fecker and if he doesn't sort himself out I will give his father a ring. I have cleaned the last mess after him.

• Advertisement

Jesus if I spent that much on a pair of runners Id be afraid to wear them. You know what they say about fools and their money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

If you give yourself a cutesie name (e.g. on Facebook etc)

or if you ever take a selfie of yourself and post it to show people

I am definitely judging you hard. HARD.

I've often fully liked a person, and then they post a selfie, and I cringe hard and my liking for them goes out the window, as does some of my respect for them. It's so.... CRINGE. Unfortunately the masses appear to be on board with selfies so those of us who despise them are always going to be on the losing side.

I know this says more about me than it does about them, but I can't help it. I am JUDGING you. HARD.

(Disclaimer: Unless you've been specifically asked for a selfie, e.g. on dating sites or profile photos, or that thread in Cool Pics and Vids that asks boardies to post their pic.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Zanablue wrote: »
    He will just pretend that he doesn't understand. He's out at the moment but the mess he left before he went out was just disgusting! I'm waiting for the little fecker and if he doesn't sort himself out I will give his father a ring. I have cleaned the last mess after him.

Oh god... where is the "puke" emoji when you need it?

arayess wrote: »
    people who say (or post on social media) "faith in humanity restored"

fcuking idiots. as if the whole of humanity is some **** hole dwelling animal

And it's always something stupid like a celebrity visited sick kids in hospital, which they are too dumb to realise is entirely self-serving on the celebrity's part.

Great for the kids, yeah, I'm delighted for the kids, but lets not pretend the celebrity is doing it for the kids. Credit where credit is due, and not where it's not.

It bothers me sooo much how dumb most people on social media are. They believe everything they read, take everything at face value, never spend longer than two seconds actually considering anything, and just cannot see through all these "good deeds" that are regularly posted about.

Or if it's not about a celebrity's totally selfless (ahem) trip to the local kids' hospital, it's some random dad who bought his daughter a dress for the prom. Seriously, anyone else see that one? A guy bought a dress for his daughter for the prom. There is more to this story. The girl didn't even look particularly grateful, but it didn't stop the braindead masses from reposting it with captions such as "Faith in humanity restored." If that's all it takes to restore their faith in humanity then they are dead weight and we should just evict them from the planet right now because they are slowing down any real progress from being made.

Colser wrote: »
    Its a bit ott alright but its good that people admit to suffering from it.Its a horrible illness. Hes my favourite judge on The Voice and I have to say I find him very hot:o:D

I agree with you completely, and I'm grateful for Bressie's contribution, but it bothers me that society only pays attention to stories about personal tragedy when it's a hot celebrity. Plenty of people were opening up publicly about their mental health long before Bressie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fussyonion wrote: »
    do they want us to think that the previous versions are no use now?

That's exactly what they want you to think.

"Kee buying more of our product, where the only difference from the previous version is the packaging"

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

I hate when ads use the word "mums."

That's it. Nothing further to add.

Non flowering plants.

I bought a plant a few years ago and it had a nice flower on it. But nothing since.
    I have been feeding it, getting it the right amount of light and even chatting to it. But no flower for the last 3 years.
    Have no idea what type of plant it is so cant look it up to see what I am doing wrong.
    I just want a flower!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My shower puff completely unravelled after two uses. I know it was cheap, but that's not the point :(

• Advertisement

73Cat wrote: »
    My shower puff completely unravelled after two uses. I know it was cheap, but that's not the point :(
    Penneys? You should have got 2 in the pack..Ive spares stuck the the shower wall if thats any help to you:p:pac:

Non flowering plants.

I bought a plant a few years ago and it had a nice flower on it. But nothing since.
    I have been feeding it, getting it the right amount of light and even chatting to it. But no flower for the last 3 years.
    Have no idea what type of plant it is so cant look it up to see what I am doing wrong.
    I just want a flower!
    Hmmmm...anyway why dont you throw a pic up on the gardening thread and someone might help you out?

Hmmmm...anyway why dont you throw a pic up on the gardening thread and someone might help you out?

Not the worst idea you have ever had! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

People posting pictures of their food on FB.

Not the worst idea you have ever had! Thanks!
    No prob..sure we will all have a look at your plant and see if we can make it flower.:P
    TA I cant multi quote on my posts and I know that no amount of help will solve it as Im just not techie:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No prob..sure we will all have a look at your plant and see if we can make it flower.:P
    TA I cant multi quote on my posts and I know that no amount of help will solve it as Im just not techie:(

Click on the +" buttons for each post you want to quote.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/488297/361326.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Click on the +" buttons for each post you want to quote.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/488297/361326.png

It doesn't have that option on the touch site. It can be done but it has to be done manually, which is a right pain in the arse. That's my TA, Anfield! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Don't tell Dav, but I'm trivially annoyed over the multiple ways people can post.

Especially when they post " I can't see this ..." , " I can't do that ..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I bought two shower loofah things. One blue and one purple, I told my husband his was the blue one.

Walked in to the bathroom the other day to see him using the purple one. We'd been using the same one for weeks! Not a massive deal but still, surely they're pretty unhygienic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Wasps. May have been mentioned before, but I can't remember them being such a problem. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

When yanks on the internet use "bias" instead of the past participle "biased".

"That's so bias".

Grrr..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Gbear wrote:
    When yanks on the internet use "bias" instead of the past participle "biased".

Gbear wrote:
    "That's so bias".

Gbear wrote:
    Grrr..

Before I knew how to spell the word I used to think it was "buyest" and even wrote it in an essay:-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I really hate when people use 3 quote blocks when 1 will do.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Gbear wrote:
    I really hate when people use 3 quote blocks when 1 will do.

Oh the shade :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Every time the camera is on him, that Brian Cody lad is pacing up and down, and spitting into his hands.
    After match interview will go like this...
    Marty : Well Brian, what did you think of the game?
    Brian : Well Marty, I suppose d'ye know, at the end of the day it was a game of two halves d'ye know. We were put to the pin of our collar I suppose at the the end of the day I suppose d'ye know.

Turn off telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That electric ireland GAA ad.
    It's Championships, not Fcuking Championchips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    That electric ireland GAA ad.
    It's Championships, not Fcuking Championchips.

Ummmmm - chips. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

RTÉ - they said they are doing full coverage of Electric Picnic this year, yet here we are, with 33% of the festival complete, and not a peep on RTÉ about it.

And when they do eventually show something, it'll probably be that idiot Eoghan McDermot interviewing Georgia Flucking Salpa or some RTÉ employee and talking about wellies, while making stupid jokes about frogs and lollipops!!

No coverage of today at all. Not that I can see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Kilkenny's domination of the hurling every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Kilkenny's domination of the hurling every year.

That's what I came here to post. How boring!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Took the kids out to Howth today, driving around for a bit trying to find parking.
    Seen a car getting ready to pull out, so I stop and jam on the indicator. The other car isn't quite ready, that's grand, the folk behind me start to drive around as they can see what is happening.
    Car reverses out of space, starts to drive off, I drive slightly past the space, put the car in reverse, start the manoeuvre and a black SUV thing flys around me and into the space!
    I got out of the car and said to the lady, "Excuse me, I was reversing into that space", she says something like "it doesn't matter" gestures something with her hand and nods her head.

Now at this point, if she had of said 'Sorry, i didn't realise' then I would have knew that she genuinely didn't see me.

The next words from my mouth where (rather loudly)

"YOU MOTHERF*CKER"

she was taken aback, people stopped in their tracks. Next words out of my mouth

"YOU ARE AN IGNORANT F*CKING AS$HOLE"

and she walks off.

While this was happening, some lad chimed in....'You're dead right buddy', the where murmurs from others as well, I think someone even clapped.

I couldn't believe it. I got into the car and explained to the kids that I was silly for using bad language and apologised to them.

We found parking a short time later and started to make our way to the sea lions. Guess who just happened to walk last. She said 'That is terrible language', my response was, 'Maybe, but at least I'm not a horrible person'.

If my kids were not there, I would have gone bonkers at her. Thankfully my kids understand that I'll only use bad language very rarely and when I do it serves a purpose. Although, I do feel a bit bad for any other kids that had to hear my outburst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

KatW4 wrote: »
    That's what I came here to post. How boring!

The epitome of struggling for something to say:

"It certainly was a game of two halves, wasn't it?"

RTE News reporter interviewing Brendan Cummins...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My TA for the day is the hate for Kilkenny winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I'll always remember Pat Spillane's quote, "was it a good game... no, but bejasus it was exciting." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Completely feel your pain, Boombap.
    I get serious rage if another driver pi**es me off. I get so annoyed that I'm visibly shaking and I can't calm down for ages.
    It's gotten so bad that I've just had to bite my tongue and keep calm before I let someone get to me that badly.

trashcan wrote: »
    Ummmmm - chips. :)

Mmmmm... champion chips

NOS3 wrote: »
    Wasps. May have been mentioned before, but I can't remember them being such a problem. :mad:

I feel like I'm the only person who's not noticing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I had two takeaways today :( I'm so unhealthy!!!

My hangover is trying to kill me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Have to clean my bedroom up at some point- starting to run out of space for all the clothes and random junk.
    Just need motivation to actually do it. Also, it's 2015- where are the robot butlers/maids for doing this shiote? :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement