Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

How so many war films have what is almost an obligatory scene where a main character is close to an explosion, and the next few scenes are silent, until their hearing eventually comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Back to work in <12 hours :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Back to work in <12 hours :(:(
    I hear you..allergic:(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nettie1

When hubby decides that soothers don't need to be sterilised for 7 week olds so I end up going downstairs to sterilise it and baba wakes up while waiting. An hour and a half of feeding, winding, nappy changing, babygro changing and darling husband wakes and asks are we still awake. No I generally sleep standing up half way between the bed and the changing unit with baba slung over my shoulder you numpty. So lucky we don't have American gun licence laws.
    Why doesn't he do the work? Cos he's up at 6:30 in the morning operating heavy machinery and I usually prefer him alive. He'll sterilise everything in sight after this though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I just remembered something about a friend I knew. He claimed to hate Billy Connolly, saying that all he does to get a laugh is shout loud and make no sense. He said he was "not funny and generally sh*t". That's fine, like. He's entitled to have an opinion, not everyone has to like the same thing as you. That's not my TA, though.

This is my TA.

I decided to challenge his opinion without him ever realizing.

Every now and then I'd quote a joke by Billy Connolly to him while in the car with him. He'd never know it was his jokes. It became a horrible habit after a while, I'd just blurt out random BC stories (any Connolly fan will know the kind of stories he does talk about in his stand-ups) and with every punch line delivered, he laughed.

After about a week I said to him that every joke I kept telling him was directly quoted from Billy Connolly and he was stumped for words. He still told me he was sh*t but I know deep down he finds his material funny.

The Trivial Annoyance is; Hating someone or something for little-to-no reason other than just for the sake of hating them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

KKkitty wrote: »
    My TA for the day is the hate for Kilkenny winning.

I wouldn't have minded if the game had of been a classic, but it wasn't even that!!
    I think we've been spoilt with Hurling finals the last couple of years, what with all the replays we got.
    Kilkenny were off form yesterday, and they still won it!! a big lost opportunity for Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When you're eating a roll with a lot of fillings and you take a bite and stuff starts squeezing out and ends up on your lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭What are those?

Kevin McStays commentary oh it was a 'delicious' point by McManus.It was a 'bitter sweet succulent' chip over the keepers head..Sounds like hes on an M&S ad on TV describing their latest deserts line for the summer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

About 0.001 on a scale of one to ten, but medics generally referring to a newborn child by the soulless, disembodied term "baby", as in:

Doc: So, how is baby this morning.
    Parent: Baby is fine this morning. I is fine this morning too. Doctor is good this morning?
    Doc: WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Boombap, I was in Howth yesterday and the parking was a nightmare alright, and aul bints like the one you encountered don't help, but what about those poxy seagulls? Fcukers were everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Took the kids out to Howth today, driving around for a bit trying to find parking.
    Seen a car getting ready to pull out, so I stop and jam on the indicator. The other car isn't quite ready, that's grand, the folk behind me start to drive around as they can see what is happening.
    Car reverses out of space, starts to drive off, I drive slightly past the space, put the car in reverse, start the manoeuvre and a black SUV thing flys around me and into the space!
    I got out of the car and said to the lady, "Excuse me, I was reversing into that space", she says something like "it doesn't matter" gestures something with her hand and nods her head.

Now at this point, if she had of said 'Sorry, i didn't realise' then I would have knew that she genuinely didn't see me.

The next words from my mouth where (rather loudly)

"YOU MOTHERF*CKER"

she was taken aback, people stopped in their tracks. Next words out of my mouth

"YOU ARE AN IGNORANT F*CKING AS$HOLE"

and she walks off.

While this was happening, some lad chimed in....'You're dead right buddy', the where murmurs from others as well, I think someone even clapped.

I couldn't believe it. I got into the car and explained to the kids that I was silly for using bad language and apologised to them.

We found parking a short time later and started to make our way to the sea lions. Guess who just happened to walk last. She said 'That is terrible language', my response was, 'Maybe, but at least I'm not a horrible person'.

If my kids were not there, I would have gone bonkers at her. Thankfully my kids understand that I'll only use bad language very rarely and when I do it serves a purpose. Although, I do feel a bit bad for any other kids that had to hear my outburst.
    People like that make me want to do a Beverly hills cop and stuff a banana right up their exhaust pipe. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

When you're eating a roll with a lot of fillings and you take a bite and stuff starts squeezing out and ends up on your lap.

Keep it in the bag! It helps! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Censorship by moderators on boards, when you have a valid, constructive and accurate point....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When you don't know if you're getting a cold or not.

It's one of the worst things; you've got a weird taste in your mouth, your nose is kinda stuffed, your tastebuds are all gone to hell and you can't hear as well as you normally can.
    But I don't have any other symptoms.

Having a cold is something I absolutely hate but I'd rather have one than be in limbo like this.
    At least then I could crack open the whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Closed accounts.
    When you check to see where one of your favorite posters is and discover that they have closed their account. One less like minded person in the asylum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Menas wrote: »
    Closed accounts.
    When you check to see where one of your favorite posters is and discover that they have closed their account. One less like minded person in the asylum.

But Menas, I'm still here, I didn't close my account :P

Medusa22 wrote: »
    But Menas, I'm still here, I didn't close my account :P

One of my favorite posters....just one of them... Tis a small club in fairness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Look at you, with your elite gang of misfits...

I want to be part of an elite gang! :(

Well that's it then, you're off my Christmas list!

smash wrote: »
    Look at you, with your elite gang of misfits...

I want to be part of an elite gang! :(
    Medusa22 wrote: »
    Well that's it then, you're off my Christmas list!

Smash - meet Medusa22.
    Medusa22- meet Smash.

No holding hands until your fifth date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

People having Weddings on a Thursday, meaning you've to take 2 days precious leave to attend.

Whatever happened to getting married on a Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

fussyonion wrote: »
    When you don't know if you're getting a cold or not.

It's one of the worst things; you've got a weird taste in your mouth, your nose is kinda stuffed, your tastebuds are all gone to hell and you can't hear as well as you normally can.
    But I don't have any other symptoms.

Having a cold is something I absolutely hate but I'd rather have one than be in limbo like this.
    At least then I could crack open the whiskey.

Crack open the whiskey anyway for medicinal purposes, just remember not to drink and drive or use heavy machinery, Sure you'll be Grand.

People having Weddings on a Thursday, meaning you've to take 2 days precious leave to attend.

Whatever happened to getting married on a Saturday?

It's all down to cost and availability I am afraid, Hotel's are more likely to be booked up at the weekend and if the are available the will cost over 20% more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

You literally can't argue with a stupid person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

eternal wrote: »
    You literally can't argue with a stupid person.
    They'll bring you to their level and beat you with experience. Never a truer word told.

Rock 1234 wrote: »
    It's all down to cost and availability I am afraid, Hotel's are more likely to be booked up at the weekend and if the are available the will cost over 20% more.

Does that mean you deduct 20% from the cash present required?

Smash - meet Medusa22.
    Medusa22- meet Smash.

No holding hands until your fifth date.

I'm pretty sure she likes boobs :)

Politicians who promise you the sun moon and stars, and then they sit back and do nothing until the five years are up,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Guys on motorbikes who think the speed limit doesn't apply to them. Even more annoying if it's a really noisy motorcycle.

Holiday countdowns on Facebook.

The overuse of hashtags on social media, especially if it's to promote someone's online business or someone's trying to make you think their life is really great/wholesome.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Boombap, I was in Howth yesterday and the parking was a nightmare alright, and aul bints like the one you encountered don't help, but what about those poxy seagulls? Fcukers were everywhere!

I had the 2 kids to chase them and clear a path for me. I also didn't make a rookie move of getting fish n chips. Seagulls schmegulls.

• Advertisement

Coming home to find a "Sorry I missed you" card from the glazier I've been waiting WEEKS for.
    Why the hell can't these people ring before they decide to just show up?
    Like, do they just assume I'm sitting at home all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have a spot on my nose. It looks ridiculous :(

KatW4 wrote: »
    I have a spot on my nose. It looks ridiculous :(

And I bet painful.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Does that mean you deduct 20% from the cash present required?
    It means you have a great excuse not to attend..cant get time off work.Id genuinely prefer to work than go to a wedding anyway.

Washed out my nose loads and sinus pain still exists. I need a brain hoover.

Washed out my nose loads and sinus pain still exists. I need a brain hoover.

I feel your nose pain, but your brain is a much more worrying feature altogether!

fussyonion wrote:
    And I bet painful.

Very painful :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

TA today is that I bothered to clean the windows, which I haven't done since I moved into the apartment. Once it got dark and I walked through the living room I got a fright at the creature staring into the room at me just to realise that it was my own reflection.

Damn you, window cleaner...never again

I'm pretty sure she likes boobs :)

I love boobs, you are correct!

I'm greedy though so I like my men and women :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

People who cannot park straight in the car park rendering the spot beside them useless to another driver. Grrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

5W30 wrote: »
    People who cannot park straight in the car park rendering the spot beside them useless to another driver. Grrrr.

Or when the only available parking place is in between two crooked parked cars. So you reverse in between them and park , go do your shopping or whatever and when you come back , your car is the only one that is left parked crookedly and people give you pitying looks ,hate that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Or when the only available parking place is in between two crooked parked cars. So you reverse in between them and park , go do your shopping or whatever and when you come back , your car is the only one that is left parked crookedly and people give you pitying looks ,hate that :(

Yeah that, but at least you fit in. There's times when it's so tight the spot is just wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

texting the wrong person...tutor now knows what I wanted for dinner tonight :)

Yeah that, but at least you fit in. There's times when it's so tight the spot is just wasted.
    No way will I park anywhere near those muppets..I park miles away from anything dodgy:(I just cant help it..no way could I leave my baby parked beside anything crooked or badly dented or anything with baby seats :o I just couldnt relax in the shop if I did..sad I know but feck it I mind my car and wouldnt be responsible for what would happen if someone opened their door and hit it:D

You have to be careful saying stuff like that around here.....;)

• Advertisement

Robsweezie wrote: »
    texting the wrong person...tutor now knows what I wanted for dinner tonight :)

Embarrassing but lesson learned.

No one understands/appreciates the funny things my cat does. I laugh uncontrollably and they look at me as if I have ten heads!

Empty promises..I swore this morning that I would be in bed early tonight and I wasnt touching a drop of alcohol until Friday night..who am I fooling:mad:

Colser wrote: »
    Empty promises..I swore this morning that I would be in bed early tonight and I wasnt touching a drop of alcohol until Friday night..who am I fooling:mad:

Welcome to my world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Moving house. So, so tired..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement