Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

I promised myself I wouldn't watch anymore bad news programmes, but what am I doing now but watching more sensational tear jurking bad news on a television owned by a billionaire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I found creepies on my jellies after eating some of them. T'would turn your stomach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

eternal wrote: »
    Washed out my nose loads and sinus pain still exists. I need a brain hoover.
    One word: steam! Fill a bowl with boiling water, add some Vicks (for example). Head over the bowl, under a towel, and inhale the steam.

My TA for today: the local wildlife on Moore St. in Dublin around 5PM today. Two males having some kind of standoff over feck knows what, growling and whining at each other. If it sounds like I'm dehumanising them: nope, they were quite successful at that by themselves, before I was in the area.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

I saw a rat today as I was walking by a river bank yuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that I am not a tabloid journalist. It must be great craic writing articles like this one. Use lines like " The Adult Player app promised on-the-go filth..."

http://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/technology/adult-player-app-snaps-intimate-6398797

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

eternal wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure she likes boobs :)

Me too. We've lots in common already!

I can't sleep, grrrr. It's been going on weeks now. Sometimes I'm like a zombie but when I hit the bed I get 3 hours sleep and I'm up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Those office Christmas party menus that are doing the rounds now.

Full of pretentious words like "jus" and "veloute". And what in the name of holy FÚCK is a "garlic bread flute"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Aglomerado wrote: »

Full of pretentious words like "jus" and "veloute". And what in the name of holy FÚCK is a "garlic bread flute"?

It's a misprint, should be "garlic breath flute"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Chancers! Some lady tried to pay me there for an item with a voucher for a different shop and the voucher wasn't even in Euros, it was in Punts! "Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise!" Of course she realised, the voucher even had a large stamp on the back with the shops name in which it could be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I changed network recently and have been absolutely fleeced, so yesterday when I completely ran out of data and credit I decided to slink back to my old network with my tail between my legs.

I sent them an e-mail last night asking how to re-activate my sim card but I have no mobile data left to check my e-mails and no wi-fi at work...and I refuse to top up anymore on the new network so I'll have to wait until I get home this evening to find out :( I miss Whatsapp!!

• Advertisement

tradhead wrote: »
    I changed network recently and have been absolutely fleeced, so yesterday when I completely ran out of data and credit I decided to slink back to my old network with my tail between my legs.

I sent them an e-mail last night asking how to re-activate my sim card but I have no mobile data left to check my e-mails and no wi-fi at work...and I refuse to top up anymore on the new network so I'll have to wait until I get home this evening to find out :( I miss Whatsapp!!

Its like 2002 all over again for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

a paper had donal og cusack and his younger boyfriend on the cover with some tacky headline. It felt like they were almost baiting people to make some sort of negative comment on it, like it's some shocking scandal, a gay age-gap relationship in 2015. who'd have known? why was it front page material?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Boombap, I was in Howth yesterday and the parking was a nightmare alright, and aul bints like the one you encountered don't help, but what about those poxy seagulls? Fcukers were everywhere!

I haven't been in Howth in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    TA that I am not a tabloid journalist. It must be great craic writing articles like this one. Use lines like " The Adult Player app promised on-the-go filth..."

http://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/technology/adult-player-app-snaps-intimate-6398797
    Im looking at the time you posted and the post content ...no furthur comment.:p
    Aglomerado wrote: »

Well I know what garlic bread is and I know what a flute is..:eek:

This is my first attempt at multi quote so this may be deleted quickly:)

Colser wrote: »

Ah, that is the time in Ireland. I am not in ireland at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Well I know what garlic bread is and I know what a flute is..:eek:

This is my first attempt at multi quote so this may be deleted quickly:)

"Garlic bread flute".... I want to EAT it not play a tune on it!
    (Although garlic can give me wind so in a way I can play a tune on it!) :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

The word "lad" was has got to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

DareGod wrote: »
    The word "lad" was got to stop.

OK pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

DareGod wrote: »
    The word "lad" was got to stop.

Trivial things that annoy me: bad grammar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

MrVestek wrote: »
    Trivial things that annoy me: bad grammar.

That's not bad grammar, it's a typo. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Grown adult housemates who can't figure out what rubbish goes in which bins.
    Putting the bins out for collection in the morn and find a wine bottle in the recycling bin and cardboard in the waste bin. Not to mind that it's written over the bins from the bin crowd what's to go where!! Grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Tesco has Christmas stuff. It has begun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA: Wanting to do a spot of house building in The Sims but not being able to remember what button does what. Also, it could be HOURS before I finish installing all the expansion packs. Then there's the custom content to hunt down so my Sims actually look less pudding faced.... Hrrmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

When you go for a slash in the urinal and the piss sprays back on ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When you go for a slash in the urinal and the piss sprays back on ya.

You're so eloquent, Brian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

fussyonion wrote: »
    You're so eloquent, Brian.

I guess I'm a bit of an eccentric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

McChubbin wrote: »
    TA: Wanting to do a spot of house building in The Sims but not being able to remember what button does what. Also, it could be HOURS before I finish installing all the expansion packs. Then there's the custom content to hunt down so my Sims actually look less pudding faced.... Hrrmm.

I loved the sims . I spent so much of my early teens playing it :o I'd buy it again but I'd never leave the house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

tradhead wrote: »
    That's not bad grammar, it's a typo. :P

Trivla things that annoy me: pedants. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ah, the frickin rockets n bangers have started already, how long to Halloween?? FFS.

MrVestek wrote: »
    Trivla things that annoy me: pedants. :P

"Trivia" things? Come on, people, lets get our sh*t together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Today I went and played badminton for the first time in almost a year. When all the older, experienced members arrived, they walked straight through the court where my friends were playing right in the middle of their game, causing them to mess up/ miss a shot. They all know the standard etiquette, as I've heard them giving out to others about walking on the court during a play. :mad: thankfully it wasn't me. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Badminton etiquette - a minefield of potential embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People asking people on Facebook for the name of a local doctor/dentist/hairdressers.

Then when they get the name, they ask for the number.
    One girl asked for the name of a dentist.
    Four hours later, she got a reply.
    Then she asked for the number.
    THE NEXT DAY a girl replied with the number.

You'd have been quicker Googling?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I'm currently trying to build my college timetable and all of the modules I want to do basically clash with eachother :( that's not trivial at all but I'm in a complaining mood and this is the most appropiate thread :pac:

When the gas hob doesnt light at the first click and then it starts with a massive flame..frightens the ****e out of me every time.:(

When the gas hob doesnt light at the first click and then it starts with a massive flame..frightens the ****e out of me every time.:(

I always check my eye brows when that happens....see if they burned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

So much for the Indian summer and I'm TA because of it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Sudance

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Against my better judgment, I googled "annoying platitudes" and am now even more annoyed by trivialities than I was this morning.

* Live each moment like it is your last (well that's not a very pleasant way to live, is it?)

* Money can't buy happiness

* Life doesn't give you things you can't handle

* Time heals all wounds

:mad::mad:

Only someone broke would come out with that crap about money not making you happy. It made me extremely happy when I had it...extremely happy indeed. Miserable as a cats slapped ass now,and no, I bloody well CANNOT handle it.

Everything annoys me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Vandango wrote: »
    So much for the Indian summer and I'm TA because of it.:(

You're joking surely? :eek:

Today was woeful humid all day, and I had to laugh when I was complaining about how I hate how warm and clammy it is, when someone says to me "don't like the Irish weather? Not to worry, it'll change in five minutes"... :pac:

Five minutes later it still hadn't changed :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Have moved to the arse end of the country and have little or no internet on my phone. Broadband won't be much better either. National Broadband Scheme my arse!!!!

You're joking surely? :eek:

Today was woeful humid all day, and I had to laugh when I was complaining about how I hate how warm and clammy it is, when someone says to me "don't like the Irish weather? Not to worry, it'll change in five minutes"... :pac:

Five minutes later it still hadn't changed :mad:
    Today was lovely OeJ as were the last two weekends..my kind of weather as its nice and warm during the day but cold enough to light the stove at night and to justify some red vino as well (clutching at straws to justify my drinking at the moment;)) it has to be the weathers fault :D

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Have moved to the arse end of the country and have little or no internet on my phone. Broadband won't be much better either. National Broadband Scheme my arse!!!!

National broadband scheme??? Is that back on again, I thought it ended a few months ago.

I live in the arse end too, so welcome to the neighbourhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Ending a sentence with an emoji :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Rock 1234 wrote: »
    I saw a rat today as I was walking by a river bank yuk.

As much as we dislike him, I suppose the Taoiseach is entitled to get out of the office every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sudance wrote: »
    National broadband scheme??? Is that back on again, I thought it ended a few months ago.

I live in the arse end too, so welcome to the neighbourhood.

Omg, even that is gone?? Yikes, could be up the creek so for broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When 4 or more people are heading toward a desk with seats and the ones due to sit on either side of the desk don't let the others slip into the middle seats first.

And also, being able to hear the joints cracking in my brother's legs as he walks by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have noticed a growing trend amongst groups of mid-teen lads whereby there is ALWAYS one with a high-pitched, loud laugh that is the messer in the group. Was at a match earlier and there was a crowd of them sitting directly behind me and one of them was tittering and laughing and joking at an elevated noise level (which due to the stand we were sitting in, echoed and resonated) for the whole match. Total "lad" culture. Really, really grated on me.

TA'd that the complaint above makes me feel like an ould fuddy-duddy.

I have noticed a growing trend amongst groups of mid-teen lads whereby there is ALWAYS one with a high-pitched, loud laugh that is the messer in the group. Was at a match earlier and there was a crowd of them sitting directly behind me and one of them was tittering and laughing and joking at an elevated noise level (which due to the stand we were sitting in, echoed and resonated) for the whole match. Total "lad" culture. Really, really grated on me.

TA'd that the complaint above makes me feel like an ould fuddy-duddy.

http://i.imgur.com/91sn32Q.jpg?fb

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

FLIES :mad:

Its like an apocalyptic plague today with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement