Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Smidge wrote: »
    FLIES :mad:

Its like an apocalyptic plague today with them.

I've noticed it really bad in both Dublin and Galway, so I'm guessing it's bad everywhere at the moment. You open the fridge and they fly out. The breadbin. The bins outside. Everywhere. Argh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I spent half an hour trying to lure one out the window tonight but it's a particularly buzzy one high on fly drugs that won't leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

It was a bit sunny here today and the little buggers just seemed to appear from everywhere.
    I have killed dozens at this stage and there seems to be a whole legion of them still left....buzzing into my ears....lighting on my hands....walking on my screen....tempting me to splatter them :D:mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

eternal wrote: »
    I spent half an hour trying to lure one out the window tonight but it's a particularly buzzy one high on fly drugs that won't leave.

Flying under the influence in a no fly zone, What next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The whole lidl/aldi queuing system. It's fairly annoying when the staff open a new till when you're already half way in another line.

Pricks....

• Advertisement

Rock 1234 wrote: »
    Flying under the influence in a no fly zone, What next.

It's not going anywhere and nothing is working. I'd hate to be an unwanted fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Getting a cup of hot coffee in one of those cups that has a teeny tiny handle. Cant get your finger thru it and the cup is too hot too hold. Sitting here looking at it waiting for it to cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mr Sam.
    Casually drops into conversation that he used my toothbrush yesterday morning cos he couldn't find his. Ok, I know he has seen me in childbirth but my toothbruh?? Yuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Mr Sam.
    Casually drops into conversation that he used my toothbrush yesterday morning cos he couldn't find his. Ok, I know he has seen me in childbirth but my toothbruh?? Yuk.

Don't tell me he went up the 'goal end' when you were in labour?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In my local Tesco yesterday where they have 4 of those self service tills.

Theres a big queue (which I'm at the back of), and I see only 3 of the self service tills are being used, Thinking the 4th till is out of order I continue to queue up with all the other idiots!

4-5 minutes later when I'm at the top of the queue, the girl looking after the self service tills says, "anyone paying with card can use this till" (yes, you've guessed it, the one which nobody was using)

Why not put a sign up, or go down the queue and mention this, rather than let me stand there for 5 minutes waiting for idiots to spend 3 minutes finding a potato in the 'look up item' tab.

convenient? hardly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's Wednesday.

Only Wednesday!!
    Feels like it should be Friday, or at least Thursday...

I NEED the weekend!

I also NEED payday, but that's another TA...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Mr Sam.

Would never mind the OH using my toothbrush - figure I've already caught all her germs at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭What are those?

polystyrene cups-just not the same drinking tea,dont know how anyone can enjoy them

polystyrene cups-just not the same drinking tea,dont know how anyone can enjoy them

TA that everytime I drink from one of them, I get the urge to bite into the cup and chew it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Buying something somewhere where coffee is served.
    There's me with, like, a kitkat or something, and the 1 euro coin in my hand (or €1.30 as some of the robbing bastards change now).
    Que person in front of me asking for a triple cocoa chocolate latte americano espresso or whatever they're called.
    Que the person who I thought was the cashier turning around to a machine that looks like something out of a Terry Gilliam dystopia and turning knobs and levers and, inexplicably, banging the absolute shyte out of it, until finally some noxious fluid drips out of a spout into a bleak grey paper cup.
    Now I'm no good at judging time but the whole process seems to take about 40 minutes. By the time I get to pay for me kitkat, the poor thing has melted in my sweat-raged hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Mousewar wrote: »
    Buying something somewhere where coffee is served.
    There's me with, like, a kitkat or something, and the 1 euro coin in my hand (or €1.30 as some of the robbing bastards change now).
    Que person in front of me asking for a triple cocoa chocolate latte americano espresso or whatever they're called.
    Que the person who I thought was the cashier turning around to a machine that looks like something out of a Terry Gilliam dystopia and turning knobs and levers and, inexplicably, banging the absolute shyte out of it, until finally some noxious fluid drips out of a spout into a bleak grey paper cup.
    Now I'm no good at judging time but the whole process seems to take about 40 minutes. By the time I get to pay for me kitkat, the poor thing has melted in my sweat-raged hand.

This is even better when the person starts deciding whether to have a plain or fruit scone, with or without jam...
    And instead of a triple cocoa chocolate latte americano espresso or whatever they're called, maybe a quadruple cocoa chocolate latte americano espresso with a dash of tea.

Then, and only then (after the big decisions have been made), the search for the card to pay, oh and a loyalty card, it's in here somewhere...

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Then, and only then (after the big decisions have been made), the search for the card to pay, oh and a loyalty card, it's in here somewhere...

Followed by the decision to unload all of the shrapnel they have in their purse/pocket at that particular transaction, "oh, I know I have another 2 cent in here somewhere"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Followed by the decision to unload all of the shrapnel they have in their purse/pocket at that particular transaction, "oh, I know I have another 2 cent in here somewhere"

And if it's a place with a loyalty card that can be topped up, well why not do that now, as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

kfallon wrote: »
    Don't tell me he went up the 'goal end' when you were in labour?? :eek:

Yep, he was encouraged to by the midwife. At the time I didn't give a flying fcuk. Could have been down there with a brass band as long as they kept the drugs coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Yep, he was encouraged to by the midwife. At the time I didn't give a flying fcuk. Could have been down there with a brass band as long as they kept the drugs coming!

The Barrack Street Band do childbirths now??? :eek:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I can't wait to make my husband look :o might get him to record it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I can't wait to make my husband look :o might get him to record it!

Try to get in 3D, or may he can wear a GoPro:D. Have a night for the neighbours and you can show them....

I think if people are going to show the birth, they should also be obliged to show the conception as well;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Listening to the angelus on RTE radio at the moment. Would you ever feck off it's 2015 for the love of science.

Plus the first item on the news was in relation to child sex abuse by the church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Those picnic table and bench things you get in beer gardens, I hate them! Thankfully my local is getting rid of theirs for some old church benches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

RTE lunchtime news just carried a news report on the Junior Cert results.

Whatever about their obsession with the LC,surely reporting on the Junior equivalent is a bit much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

RTE lunchtime news just carried a news report on the Junior Cert results.

Whatever about their obsession with the LC,surely reporting on the Junior equivalent is a bit much
    Not to the kids fretting about it, it isn't ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Try to get in 3D, or may he can wear a GoPro:D. Have a night for the neighbours and you can show them....

I think if people are going to show the birth, they should also be obliged to show the conception as well;)

A bloke I worked with a few years ago brought in photos of the event and sort of sprung them on people. The reactions were hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

In my local Tesco yesterday where they have 4 of those self service tills.

Theres a big queue (which I'm at the back of), and I see only 3 of the self service tills are being used, Thinking the 4th till is out of order I continue to queue up with all the other idiots!

4-5 minutes later when I'm at the top of the queue, the girl looking after the self service tills says, "anyone paying with card can use this till" (yes, you've guessed it, the one which nobody was using)

Why not put a sign up, or go down the queue and mention this, rather than let me stand there for 5 minutes waiting for idiots to spend 3 minutes finding a potato in the 'look up item' tab.

convenient? hardly.

Sounds familiar!

I got stuck in queue at Tesco after someone who didn't have a card used self-service checkout which was only for customers paying by card. There was no sign to say this, so they had put their items through and then found out they couldn't pay with cash and there followed a rigmarole to cancel the transaction.

A sign would be useful alright.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »

The fast and the furious 8:D

• Advertisement

Going into a toilet cubicle when the air is still warm of noxious gases... and then it hits you!!

BBLEUGH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

DareGod wrote: »
    "Trivia" things? Come on, people, lets get our sh*t together.

Trivia things that annoy me:
    A: Yer Ma
    B: Yer Da
    C: Yer Face
    D: Yer Ma's Face...

....sorry had to :P

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

TV3 overegging their Rugby World Cup coverage, all of their presenters bringing it up on unrelated segments, and now they have a countdown affixed to their logo on screen.

I'm looking forward to watching the games but lads give it a rest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Menas wrote: »
    Getting a cup of hot coffee in one of those cups that has a teeny tiny handle. Cant get your finger thru it and the cup is too hot too hold. Sitting here looking at it waiting for it to cool down.

Just a tip. You can hold the handle between your index finger and your thumb to pick it up as opposed to sticking your finger through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Work is dead today.

Too dead.

Think I've finished the internet!

TA because I know when its busy tomorrow I'll wish I had a bit of this chill time.

I have nothing to be annoyed by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

eternal wrote: »
    I have nothing to be annoyed by.

Kept women. Loads of kept women.

You're welcome. :D

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Kept women. Loads of kept women.

You're welcome. :D

Today is a new day my friend :p

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

When people touch the tap with soapy hands and it's then too slippery to turn on! :(

I'm sure I've mentioned it before in here, but Bluetooth headset guy really gets on my nerves!!

I actually managed to pap him last week, I couldn't resist!!

21274069665_a5a35a1d14_z.jpg

I don't know why, I just don't like him!!
    (Also, it's always bluetooth headset guy, never bluetooth headset girl)

(also, apologies for use of the term 'pap', TA'd with myself for using that term!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

TV3 overegging their Rugby World Cup coverage, all of their presenters bringing it up on unrelated segments, and now they have a countdown affixed to their logo on screen.

I'm looking forward to watching the games but lads give it a rest!!

Genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Making too much of a delicious lunch so that it'll do for another meal later.

Lunch is so delicious that it gets walloped in its entirety.

Now I'm too full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

People who don't help themselves/unmotivated/lazy people. A friend of mine was looking for a PhD on a certain topic. The topic would be in a niche enough area and PhDs in this area are few and far between. Anyway I sent her the link and she replies "looks good, thanks. Can you tell me how to apply ect".

We also get people applying to do a PhD in the lab I used to work from. Some people expected to be handed the job. Out of 23 applicants only two read the papers involved. Another girl wanted me to help her prepare for an interview. I was in a cafe 5 mins walk from her when she text asking to meet. I told her where I was and she replied "too far"!!

I really think some of today's generation is spoiled silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Losing my appetite. I'm in my bf's parents house and they gave me dinner but I can only manage a quarter of it. I feel so bad leaving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Jean Claude Junker and his comment today, about more O'Neills and Murphys in America than Ireland and why. Weren't all welcomed warmly in America back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Just a tip. You can hold the handle between your index finger and your thumb to pick it up as opposed to sticking your finger through it.

In fairness if you can't work that out for yourself perhaps you shouldn't be allowed near hot drinks!

Edit - to add to the thread many people at work bring in lunch, in tupperware, foil or for the real cheapskates those freebie Irish Pride boxes. One guy brings his lunch in an earthenware pot tied off with a canvas rope bow. It's like something a Shogun would eat. I think I'm just jealous really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

mud wrote: »
    Making too much of a delicious lunch so that it'll do for another meal later.

Lunch is so delicious that it gets walloped in its entirety.

Now I'm too full.
    TAd that Im dying to know what was for lunch:o:pac:

Also much more serious is that I left my car with the mechanic Tuesday morn and he promised it would be ready this evening.Its not ready!Youd think that was bad enough but to make it WAY worse he didnt ring to tell me instead he rang my EX..this wont end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

People who post everything that happens in their life on social media. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Isnt it bloody annoying when you are in the shower but your shampoo is in a different room? Wet carpets is another TA.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Was on the M50 today and there was an accident at the Ballymun slip road. The tail back of traffic was back to the M1. 2 lanes were blocked off by the emergency services to do what they had to do.

Firstly, the overhead signs were alerting motorists there was a serious accident. The amount of people jumping lanes, driving on the hard shoulder and making new lanes was ridiculous. Why in the name of jebus could they just not wait patiently instead of nearly causing further accidents. There was a Fiat 500 that nearly ended up under a big massive truck because it was trying to nudge in ahead of it but it's obvious the truck couldn't see the car. Luckily they backed off.

Secondly, when the traffic started to move after the accident, some drivers were driving like maniacs trying to make up lost time. The unrecognisable car that looked like an accordion didn't do anything for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

typing out MS Word documents and that ugly red line appearing over misspelled words instead of just correcting the words itself, which it rarely does. also the passive aggressive green line where there isn't even a misspelling, just a stupid space between a full stop and another sentence. autocorrect or GTFO.

and when you're typing out a word, say 'poker' and you misspell it as 'pikeer' you go back to fix it by rearranging and replacing the letters, and the letters type over each other like a glitch. its often happened me on here as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement