Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I can't wait to make my husband look :o might get him to record it!

Ah don't.....it will be like making him watch his favourite pub burn to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

It is very difficult to wind me up. I only get wound up when I feel like someone who is supposed to care about me is purposely trying to get a rise out of me. This situation almost never happens to me but when it does, it really pisses me off:

When someone starts an argument with you, and you calmly succeed in pointing out to them clearly and concisely why what they're saying is completely incorrect, and so they've run out of things to come at you with, so then they say something like "You're being argumentative / over-defensive" to try and make you look bad, because they've been proven 100% wrong and have nothing else to say.

I really hate that passive aggressive sh*t, especially when it's a friend who's doing it.

e.g. this conversation that happened last week with a friend

Them: "I think [insert claim about me and how I live my life here]"
    Me: *gives clear evidence as to why this is incorrect*
    Them: "Okay well I think [insert another claim about me and how I live my life here]"
    Me: *gives clear evidence as to why this is incorrect*
    Them: "Well I think no matter what I say you're going to be over-defensive."
    Me: *screams inside, because now there's absolutely nothing I can say without them "winning" that argument*

So they've knowingly wound me up, I've defended myself, and they've tried to make me look aggressive for defending myself. Am I not meant to? Am I meant to just say "Yeah, you're right" even when what they're saying is completely factually incorrect? Or am I meant to just ignore what they're saying? If I ignored them, they'd say "Why are you ignoring me?"

Argh. I really hate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

One guy brings his lunch in an earthenware pot tied off with a canvas rope bow. It's like something a Shogun would eat.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

Card Payment reader's that don't 'beep' when entering your pin.

I need some aural feedback dammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

These latest Suicide Prevention "copy and paste" statuses on Facebook.

Because nothing is more effective at alleviating the taboo associated with the problem than people sharing it on FB solely for the "likes" and attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Menas wrote: »
    Isnt it bloody annoying when you are in the shower but your shampoo is in a different room? Wet carpets is another TA.

Yes and it's even worse when you hop into the shower and forget your towels. How does someone even do that? Well apparently I do it.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

People who constantly complain about facebook in myriad ways. Just fckin quit it. My life has improved immesuarably since I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

How come so many teens have tattoos these days ? I have nothing against tattoos at all, have some myself. I always thought you had to be over 18 to get one. Anyway my TA is my 15 yr old showing me photos on Facebook of the latest in her age group to get a tattoo, and damning me to be allowed to get one. Over my dead body at 15 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Groups of ppl standing in a huddled group and just as you approach them they decide to disperse, invariably walking RIGHT IN YOUR PATH :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I hate driving. I have loser plates which might explain it but I actually think other drivers are complete morons!

Driving home from work today and I see a car at the roundabout holding everyone up and telling them to go around him. I got to the roundabout and he pulled out in front of me. A minute later we come to another roundabout and the absolute idiot stops at the top of the roundabout and gestures for me to go around him! To make matters worse, it was on a hill and I conked out like a twit. What the hell was he thinking stopping to have a look around at the bloody roundabout!

And people who drive at about 6 kilometres an hour on a 100kmph road. Hurry up you snail!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

KatW4 wrote: »
    I hate driving. I have loser plates which might explain it but I actually think other drivers are complete morons!

Driving home from work today and I see a car at the roundabout holding everyone up and telling them to go around him. I got to the roundabout and he pulled out in front of me. A minute later we come to another roundabout and the absolute idiot stops at the top of the roundabout and gestures for me to go around him! To make matters worse, it was on a hill and I conked out like a twit. What the hell was he thinking stopping to have a look around at the bloody roundabout!

And people who drive at about 6 kilometres an hour on a 100kmph road. Hurry up you snail!!

To be honest a lot of drivers are oblivious to what is going on around them, I don't know whether they don't care about the wellbeing of other road users or are they unaware of their obligations under the rules of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Oblivious is a good word, I was driving up the N7 this morn, (5.30ish) a Renault scenic driving in the second overtaking lane (third one) for ages, no one in front or beside it , I was in the left popped the indicator on to overtake a lorry as I did the Renault decided to move left, no indicator just moved over, frightened the sh1t out of me :eek:, beeped it overtook it and back into the left lane and it moved back into the feckin third lane again, where's the traffic corp, when you want it..:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Annoyed that my new laptop is already refusing to work and just has a black screen all the time. It's like a week old. Please don't die on me so early! :(

Having the dreaded lurgy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Gbear wrote: »
    When yanks on the internet use "bias" instead of the past participle "biased".

"That's so bias".

Grrr..:mad:

worse when Irish people use quiet instead of quite ..or is it the other way around ... they are confusing me...

grrrr....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

razorblunt wrote: »
    FNL and Sons of Anarchy are the two I've noticed so far, finished FNL and it's so brilliant I pretty much put up with it, the Mrs. is into SoA so it's only on in the background.

Also, I'm trivially annoyed you haven't seen FNL yet, it's fantastic.

wasnt FNL out years ago ??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Today has been my most TAing day in a very long time.What could go wrong has gone wrong.Work was a nightmare,still no car and loads of other ****e.I couldnt even begin to list all the TAs or Id be here all night and Id be TAing ye as well:(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Seen something yesterday that Lexie warned us about ages ago......MEGGINGS, oh dear god they are as bad as they looked in the pics she posted.

Colser wrote: »
    Today has been my most TAing day in a very long time.What could go wrong has gone wrong.Work was a nightmare,still no car and loads of other ****e.I couldnt even begin to list all the TAs or Id be here all night and Id be TAing ye as well:(:pac:

Keep your chin up.
    Everything is transient and tommmorow is Friday :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

KatW4 wrote: »

It absolutely infuriates me when you're on a 100kmph road and someone ahead of you insists on doing 80kmph, or 70kmph, or 60kmph, or else they're a tractor or other slow vehicle, and so you're stuck behind them, and sometimes a long line of traffic builds up behind them - AND THEY NEVER BOTHER PULLING IN TO THE SIDE TO LET US PASS!!

How about, every ten minutes or so, since you insist on going so slowly, you pull in and let the rest of us pass by?! Fine if YOU want to go that slowly, fine, go ahead, but I always think how dare you FORCE the rest of us to drive at this speed too!?! when you have plenty of opportunities to pull in and let a few of us pass by!

It is the absolute height of ignorance and arrogance and always boils my blood.

P.S. You saying "Hurry up you snail!!" made me laugh :D

• Advertisement

Why is it that the dopes that drive at 60 on a main road suddenly speed up on approaching a roundabout, where they are actually meant to be doing 50/60 ?? I
    see it the whole time on the main road into town. Infuriating :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Why is it that most shows featuring cooking is it that the concept of wearing any form of hat or hairnet is totally foreign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »

TA that I am too kind to take the mickey out of you...:D

^^^^
    Stupid big gap in that post that I can't get rid off, FFS !! Aaaaaarrrgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

DareGod wrote: »
    It absolutely infuriates me when you're on a 100kmph road and someone ahead of you insists on doing 80kmph, or 70kmph, or 60kmph, or else they're a tractor or other slow vehicle, and so you're stuck behind them, and sometimes a long line of traffic builds up behind them - AND THEY NEVER BOTHER PULLING IN TO THE SIDE TO LET US PASS!!

How about, every ten minutes or so, since you insist on going so slowly, you pull in and let the rest of us pass by?! Fine if YOU want to go that slowly, fine, go ahead, but I always think how dare you FORCE the rest of us to drive at this speed too!?! when you have plenty of opportunities to pull in and let a few of us pass by!

It is the absolute height of ignorance and arrogance and always boils my blood.

P.S. You saying "Hurry up you snail!!" made me laugh :D

Very occasionally some of these selfish, arrogant, ignorant drivers get caught,

Tractor driver who caused 7 mile tailback on road fined €300 and ...
    www.irishmirror.ie › News › Irish News › Mayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Rock 1234 wrote: »
    Very occasionally some of these selfish, arrogant, ignorant drivers get caught,

Tractor driver who caused 7 mile tailback on road fined €300 and ...
    www.irishmirror.ie › News › Irish News › Mayo

I would loooove to be a traffic garda for a day. The amount of dumb asses I would pull over for basic bad driving....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

TAed today at overweight men in Liffey Valley stuffed into skinny jeans and tight Ts. No mirrors?
    But whatever about that, I really hate the men who actually fit into these clothes and look good. Ba$tdards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Going to the local pool on the women-only night only to realise that the session is a complete and utter free for all - no lane marked at all and absolutely impossible to get any sort of a decent swim in. Seems like they think that women are happy to aaccept mediocrity - newsflash, I'm not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

TA at the gob****e who cut me up this morning on a roundabout the only reason i didn't slam into him is becausr i like my car to much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

selous wrote: »
    Seen something yesterday that Lexie warned us about ages ago......MEGGINGS, oh dear god they are as bad as they looked in the pics she posted.

I had to do a google images search there now. Jesus my eyes!!

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Never found Dara O'Brien or however you spell his name to be funny not even back in the Buzzcocks days. Everything about him irritates me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

steddyeddy wrote: »
    We also get people applying to do a PhD in the lab I used to work from. Some people expected to be handed the job. Out of 23 applicants only two read the papers involved. Another girl wanted me to help her prepare for an interview. I was in a cafe 5 mins walk from her when she text asking to meet. I told her where I was and she replied "too far"!!

I really think some of today's generation is spoiled silly.

Not today's generation :( but applied to a PhD last year and after getting an interview spent about 2 weeks reading up on the area and through the groups papers and associated topics.

Didn't get it probably because the spec which said "comfortable/familiar (something like that anyway) using computers/IT" actually meant knowing SQL, python* and R.

So my TA is being reminded of those time wasting b@stards that don't write up a proper role description.

*may have been Mathlab they would have liked rather than python

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

mada999 wrote: »
    wasnt FNL out years ago ??? :confused:

You're :confused:?

I'm :confused:, I never said it was new, I just said yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

your driving along a national road, speed limit is 80 km/h, your behind a car, who's doing 70-75 km/h, no big deal, your getting where you are going.

You see a Garda speed check ahead, so the car in front decides "better slow down to 50km/h, just in case"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I am trivially annoyed at how the presenters on Shannonside-Northern Sound pronounce "Northern" as "Northeren".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In an Aircoach trying to get to the airport, but Dublin centre is a log jam of Dublin Buses. Why are all the buses being funnelled through just a few streets, half of which are closed for LUAS works? Looking around College Green / Dame St. Area, easily 40+ Dublin Buses, all blocking each other.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Drivers not knowing they can use bus lanes outside of the posted hours. Grrrr.

degsie wrote: »

Taxi drivers giving out to you for using the bus lanes when you are perfectly entitled to..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭What are those?

slow people walking on footpaths that dont let you overtake them!
    also people with buggies that dont even attempt to make themselves less of a nuisance mainly in shops around christmas etc blocking up whole aisles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I am trivially annoyed at how the presenters on Shannonside-Northern Sound pronounce "Northern" as "Northeren".

And some who Brishish instead of British.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

degsie wrote: »

What's more TA is when you are in the bus lane out of hours, and these people who don't know the rules decide to police the bus lanes by driving half in it on purpose so you cannot go by.
    Or the guys who gesticulate at you with a big fuming head on them.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Or the guys who gesticulate at you with a big fuming head on them.

usually taxi drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Acronyms that I come across on boards and I don't understand so I have to go off and google them but somehow I never remember what they stand for and I have to go off and google them again. FWIW, IIRC, STEM, the list goes on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Acronyms that I come across on boards and I don't understand so I have to go off and google them but somehow I never remember what they stand for and I have to go off and google them again. FWIW, IIRC, STEM, the list goes on...

I don't know how many times I've had to google COYBIG/B etc. (come on you boys in green/blue whatever you're having yourself) I think it's finally gone in now though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What on earth is STEM??? Bet I'm going to be embarrassed that I don't know what it is :o

• Advertisement

Today at the supermarket , I needed one lime and one red onion. Not a hope! There were none loose, only a bag of 3 limes, that I begrudgingly bought as they will get used. There was only a big bag of red onions, that I left there, highly annoyed. There were too many people around for me to bust open a bag and just take one. So goddamn annoying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    What on earth is STEM??? Bet I'm going to be embarrassed that I don't know what it is :o

Ah there's no need to be embarrassed at all, I just googled it again because I always forget :pac:

It is Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. I kept reading it on a thread about equality and that there aren't a lot of women working in STEM areas and I was so annoyed that I didn't know what STEM stood for but I was too lazy to google it :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And some who Brishish instead of British.

As a blow in, a relatively well spoken blow in, to the Shannon Side/ Northern Sound area the pronunciation on that station drives me nuts.
    Aubergine= Orrburjeen
    Tubridy = Turberdee
    Saturday = Saherdeeeee
    Bottom= Bohom

And then theres the 'TH's. They simply dont exist. Try booking a ticket in Backstage Teeitter of a Saherdee.

Fecking hell. Just listen to Ciaran Mulooley for a moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah there's no need to be embarrassed at all, I just googled it again because I always forget :pac:

It is Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. I kept reading it on a thread about equality and that there aren't a lot of women working in STEM areas and I was so annoyed that I didn't know what STEM stood for but I was too lazy to google it :P

Thanks ! Think your last sentence applies to me , I should have googled it but never thought of it until after I had posted here ,now that's embarrassing :D

My mother trying to submit an ESTA US visa application, and because the site is down for maintenance, she goes to some other website, and pays €80 for the same thing that costs $14 on the official site!!!

And all their going to do is wait for the oracle site to come back online, and do it for her for the $14!!

flight is in 2 weeks!!!!

JUST WAIT A DAY OR 2, IT WILL BE BACK SOON

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement