Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

eternal wrote: »
    Never found Dara O'Brien or however you spell his name to be funny not even back in the Buzzcocks days. Everything about him irritates me.

I'm like that with Sue Perkins. I don't watch any of this nonentity come dancing bakeoff on ice crap anyway so I can avoid any programmes she presents, but if she's on QI or something I literally can't bear to watch it. Don't know why, she might be a lovely person, I just can't stand her.

I sat behind Dara O'Brien on a flight from Heathrow to Cork. The woman next to him must have got up and fiddled with her stuff in the overhead bin about twenty times and he had to stand there and wait every time. He was very calm and polite with her, I would have gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

DareGod wrote:
    P.S. You saying "Hurry up you snail!!" made me laugh

Everything you said is exactly how I feel!!! Haha I shout that out on a regular basis, I have serious road rage. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

It's raining and I have lots of washing to do. :( apart from that I don't mind the rain though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

miezekatze wrote: »
    It's raining and I have lots of washing to do. :( apart from that I don't mind the rain though.

This has been the refrain of my summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

My mother trying to submit an ESTA US visa application, and because the site is down for maintenance, she goes to some other website, and pays €80 for the same thing that costs $14 on the official site!!!

And all their going to do is wait for the oracle site to come back online, and do it for her for the $14!!

flight is in 2 weeks!!!!

JUST WAIT A DAY OR 2, IT WILL BE BACK SOON

I think those unoffical sites are actually scams and you never get your ETSA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

The traffic is mental and the rain is torrential out there. Nobody is taking care on the roads, there's two accidents in the centre already. It's bad enough trying to drive through flooding and bad visibility but people literally walk in between cars scaring the living daylights out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The U.S. postal services tracking for priority mail, is ****.
    And as king Solomon said "it can go and kiss the butt end of my balls"

I.e it's not worth a fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

ðŸ <- That!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

opening the milk and it splashes everywhere.

getting toothpaste splashes on your jacket/top while brushing in the morning

when people don't move up the escalator and you're stuck behind them, like right behind them, because they cant be arsed moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The traffic is mental and the rain is torrential out there. Nobody is taking care on the roads, there's two accidents in the centre already. It's bad enough trying to drive through flooding and bad visibility but people literally walk in between cars scaring the living daylights out of you.

Coming down the N7 this afternoon as the rain was starting to get heavy and the spray kicking up, a lorry overtakes another one so the green bus decides to overtake the two of them, then all the brakelights go on, but didn't realise there were so many cars ahead, about 50% only had lights on,
    What is it with no indicators, are they optional extras on cars now, that no one opted for??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

People who mangle a broadsheet newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Inlaws. All of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Got more and more annoyed as the day went on, I now feel like fúcking my phone off the wall!

TA'd by people....all of the people! :mad:

Would love to go to bed now and just sleep for about 12 hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I get trivially annoyed when people use the term "mutually exclusive," because I always have to stop and think about what it means exactly, before I can realise what the person is trying to say. It also trivially annoys me that for other people (mainly tv characters) it seems to just roll of the tongue, whereas for me it confuses the hell out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

The rain pelting against the window when you're trying to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Menas wrote: »
    I think those unoffical sites are actually scams and you never get your ETSA.

She managed to cancel the request and get a full refund, which surprised me!!

Still TA'd that she'd go to a site like that, but she's a little crazy when it comes to Internet/email!!
    (She'll check in for a flight, then delete all confirmation emails associated with the booking!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Another one: yesterday was my first time connecting through Boston Airport. I would say "never again", except that I have to go through there again on the way back. No airside connection between terminals, so you have to go through security again. I deliberately allowed 2h for my connection, but what with my flight from Dublin being 1/2h late, figuring out how to get to the other terminal, getting there, and a monster TSA queue, I made it with 5 mins to spare.

Then that flight was delayed by 1/2 h because the girl sat next to me didn't have the right paperwork for her oxygen machine, which had to be faxed over from her doctor. Which took three attempts because JetBlue couldn't give their own fax number correctly. All of this playing out in the front of the plane for all to hear.

(Some good stuff: Ryanair could learn a thing or two from JetBlue. They have live TV on seat back for the whole flight, and at least 10cm more legroom than I've ever had in economy. That had the additional positive benefit of allowing pax to store bags under the seat in front and still have somewhere to put their feet. Plus one checked bag is free. The flight was packed without that stuffed-to-the-gills feeling you get on Ryanair.)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

ðŸ <- That!

^
    This. Cause I don't get it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Never found Dara O'Brien or however you spell his name to be funny not even back in the Buzzcocks days. Everything about him irritates me.

For me it's the annoying, unfunny idiot who seems to be permanently attached to his hip - Ed Byrne. I wish Dara would stop constantly throwing him a career lifebuoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Boolean

When the harmony in a song is louder than the melody

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Simon Coveney - wanting to inspire other countries by taking in too many Syrians. Hungary has sent their bleedin' army to stop them arriving and this fool thinks Ireland is setting an example.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Really bad sinus headache just as I have to study and start lectures.

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Simon Coveney - wanting to inspire other countries by taking in too many Syrians. Hungary has sent their bleedin' army to stop them arriving and this fool thinks Ireland is setting an example.

Hungary is a very right wing country-not something we should aspire to. And it is not a competition on who can help the most syrians...it is just doing what we can to help people.
    Simply helping people who are trying to escape unimaginable horror under ISIS.

it is not a competition on who can help the most syrians...it is just doing what we can to help people.
    Simply helping people who are trying to escape unimaginable horror under ISIS.
    Thanks for explaining this. I thought we were being foolish by taking in a higher quota than expected. Thank goodness we're not like that horrible Hungary. I'm off now to buy a house in Balbriggan because I know once they arrive nearby at the centre properties in the area will jump in value. I'm also doing a sponsored walk to raise money to help build a mosque in the area. Thanks to Simon, it's all about inspiring other countries to do the same (except that nasty Hungary).

Thanks for explaining this. I thought we were being foolish by taking in a higher quota than expected. Thank goodness we're not like that horrible Hungary. I'm off now to buy a house in Balbriggan because I know once they arrive nearby at the centre properties in the area will jump in value. I'm also doing a sponsored walk to raise money to help build a mosque in the area. Thanks to Simon, it's all about inspiring other countries to do the same (except that nasty Hungary).

Yeah, lets not help people in dire need in case our house prices are effected. Lets leave them to be raped and murdered instead. FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Forgetting to bring a jacket with you and it starts raining. :o

Lets leave them to be raped and murdered instead. FFS.
    Good job they're coming here so because Ireland is rape and murder free. FFS yourself.

Good job they're coming here so because Ireland is rape and murder free. FFS yourself.

Where in ireland have we ever experienced what is happening to the Yazidi people for example?
    Where in ireland are towns of 1000 plus people getting wiped off the map?
    Their residents shot, raped and burried alive en masse. No family left alone.
    Babies shot in front of their mothers before they themselves get raped.

Educate youself and come back to us. Actually dont, I cant be reading these vile posts of yours.

Where in ireland have we ever experienced what is happening to the Yazidi people for example?
    Where in ireland are towns of 1000 plus people getting wiped off the map?
    Their residents shot, raped and burried alive en masse. No family left alone.
    Babies shot in front of their mothers before they themselves get raped.

Educate youself and come back to us. Actually dont, I cant be reading these vile posts of yours.
    Don't then. Even if we take in 10 times our quota of these people it won't inspire any other European country to do the same. Simon Coveney is a bad politician for believing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭looksee

People who end posts (not just on Boards) with 'hope this helps'.

Dunno why it annoys me, nobody said these trivial things had to make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod

I hardly think the humanitarian crisis that is Syrian refugees is a trivial thing so move on please, plenty of other forums to discuss the issue

Oh yes, another one, the dramatically increasing apostrophe plague. Not just the greengrocer's apostrophe (apple's) but the notion that anywhere there is an n next to a t it needs an apostrophe. Don't or can't is fine, but the apostrophe in redundan't is really redundant.

So is the last letter in James's (hospital).

Yeah, why is it
    St James's gate
    St James's park
    St James's hospital etc
    When he is a singular person St James, like St Stephen...
    but seems to become St Stephensssss day.

selous wrote: »
    Yeah, why is it
    St James's gate
    St James's park
    St James's hospital etc
    When he is a singular person St James, like St Stephen...
    but seems to become St Stephensssss day.

Because his name is James, not Jame

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

eternal wrote:
    Really bad sinus headache just as I have to study and start lectures.

Get better soon!

My TA is when people say 'slaw' instead of coleslaw. It's just wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

''myyy dad can get peaches for 49 cent at aaaaldi'

looksee wrote: »
    Because his name is James, not Jame

He is still St James, so an apostrophe after the s' does, not a second s.
    St James'

Seen a busy roundabout today, an undertaker has his business advertised on it, is he pre-empting something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

selous wrote: »
    Seen a busy roundabout today, an undertaker has his business advertised on it, is he pre-empting something?
    Theres one advertising on the radio also at the moment ..strikes me as odd every time I hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Robsweezie wrote: »
    ''myyy dad can get peaches for 49 cent at aaaaldi'

All the Lidl and Aldi ads get on my tits.

They are worse than the bloody Trivago ones. Every ad break.

The mad thing is both shops are dearer than Supervalu own brand stuff going by the Lidl flyer that came through the door last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I really thought I'd seen the last of the fruit flies/gnats.
    Hadn't seen one in well over two weeks.

I opened a bottle of white wine this evening; poured a glass....AND TWO GNATS appeared out of nowhere!
    Bugger OFF! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Motorists who don't dim their headlights when you meet them on the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Daddy long legs have arrived. Sign that it's getting closer to Winter now.

God I hate them, they are HUGE and are everywhere.

Anyone else see them around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

Tourist groupings on narrow pavements

Daddy long legs have arrived. Sign that it's getting closer to Winter now.

God I hate them, they are HUGE and are everywhere.

Anyone else see them around?
    I put one out the window earlier.I dont mind them too much but if I ever see a mouse I will move out.

Colser wrote: »
    I put one out the window earlier.I dont mind them too much but if I ever see a mouse I will move out.

I was on a date once and got an emergency call from my sister who had seen a mouse in her apartment.
    I hate mice but ended up bringing my date to my sisters so I could sort the problem out.
    My sister and date ended up standing on the table drinking wine while I had my trousers tucked in my socks hunting the mouse and his family....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Motorists who don't dim their headlights when you meet them on the road!

This is not even trivial. When a driver comes right up to me with their headlights on, I can't see what's in front of me, which is.... kind of horrifically dangerous.

I was on a date once and got an emergency call from my sister who had seen a mouse in her apartment.
    I hate mice but ended up bringing my date to my sisters so I could sort the problem out.
    My sister and date ended up standing on the table drinking wine while I had my trousers tucked in my socks hunting the mouse and his family....
    :D:DDid she ever go out with you again?
    When I moved into my first house I saw a mouse in the bedroom one night.My dad and my brother came over with our cat and put the cat into the bedroom to find the mouse.Gave it about 15mins and went into check as he wasnt making any noise to find he had fecked off out the window.:mad:
    Im not one bit afraid of spiders but even the thought of a rat or a mouse(even a picture) and Im in bits.

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    :D:DDid she ever go out with you again?

Im not one bit afraid of spiders but even the thought of a rat or a mouse(even a picture) and Im in bits.

She married me the poor girl!

Mice and rats give me the fear. My skin is crawling thinking about them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement