Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

And the same neighbors bombing in and out of our culdesac in their astras etc. through the small hours of the late night - early morning. Fly by nights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Moronic next door neighbours slamming doors at all hours when others are trying to sleep, as is the case at the moment. In fact, noisy neighbours in general piss anyone off.

Is your next door neighbour the actual double of mine? They never learned how to actually close a door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

eternal wrote: »
    Is your next door neighbour the actual double of mine? They never learned how to actually close a door.

I wouldn't be surprised if they know one another. Even visitors there don't know how to park, or just don't give a sh1te. Maybe it's the latter moreso. The neighbours really don't care, so I wouldn't expect anyone else they know to care either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Attitudes. Judgemental attitudes in my own house. People slamming doors when they know there is an easily waked child asleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

loubian wrote: »
    Attitudes. Judgemental attitudes in my own house. People slamming doors when they know there is an easily waked child asleep.

Door > child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Staying up on a sunday night till the early hours doing feck all cos you think you've a simple 'working from home' day tomorrow, then remembering you've a gp appointment at 9:10am and a work meeting at 10:30. yay.

TA: Fact that since I can't edit posts until my account is 10 days old, my typo rate is higher than it's ever been. typical. hopefully people know what i Mean generally :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Damaged SD Card on my phone. FFS! Twice this week

And I had to reformat it.Twice! Pain in the h0le!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Missing that fox that I had in the sights earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

That newspaper ad with the "before you make up your mind, open it" - one of the best lines ever but now they've gone and ruined it by re-recording the line with an unnecessary intonation on the "your", so that now it's, "before you make up YOUR mind, open it" - :confused: Why did they do that? I think we all get the meaning. Open your mind/open the paper - why the sudden emphasis on YOUR? I hate that ad now...

edit: TA that I am unsure if "intonation" is the appropriate word to use in this context, or if it shoud just be "emphasis" :(

• Advertisement

And also TA'd by that f*cking hour. Why do we still do this? Some rubbish about kids walking to school? Some clocks have automatically changed. Some haven't. Is it 09:34 or 08:34? Am I coming or going? I'm confused and tired. I've been evicted from my own life. F*cking hour.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,194 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Something that has begun to annoy me, ironically, is the abbreviation that is being used in this thread.. "TA"

When did this start :confused:

Its a thread about stuff that is trivial, but annoying so we'll assume that's what you are posting about. TA is not only annoying but superfluous!?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Something that has begun to annoy me, ironically, is the abbreviation that is being used in this thread.. "TA"

When did this start :confused:

Its a thread about stuff that is trivial, but annoying so we'll assume that's what you are posting about. TA is not only annoying but superfluous!?

TA is easier to type than "Trivially annoying" :confused:

In my opinion, it has become a requirement of late to ensure your post is not mistaken for chat. A sort of disclaimer, one might say. "There follows a TA" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The 2 day hangover. A long heavy day Saturday, was bad yesterday, worse today. Also, just gone for my 4th shyte of the day. I just hate Monday's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The 2 day hangover. A long heavy day Saturday, was bad yesterday, worse today. Also, just gone for my 4th shyte of the day. I just hate Monday's.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

TMI. We don't really need to know about your bodily functions.

kfallon wrote: »
    :eek:

I know. Stomach is in bits. I'm not able to drink anymore at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

everlast75 wrote: »
    Its a thread about stuff that is trivial, but annoying so we'll assume that's what you are posting about.

Probably because part of peoples posts were responses to other peoples TAs, and in order to 'keep with the thread' and avoid the wrath of a mod, they include their own TA but mark it as such within their post.

TA - The weekend went too quick damnit :(

Edit - Another TA - I just realised I pretty much said what ONW has already said.
    I was sure I read all posts after, but obviously not !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

We are (Mrs E and I) not early risers. Even on work days, she gets up about 8.30, and I get about nine. She was off today and we had a couple of wines last night, and i had to get up first, from a lovely cosy bed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Something that's 'trivially annoying' is clearly an altogether different thing to a trivial thing that annoys you. The former points to something you may find a touch irksome, the latter to something trifling & inconsequential, but with an ability to cause anything from mild irritation to a Clarkson-esque meltdown.

The 'TA' thing kinda garbles that distinction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭bobbyss

In my opinion, it has become a requirement of late to ensure your post is not mistaken for chat. A sort of disclaimer, one might say. "There follows a TA" :)

(So that's what it means!! And there I was thinking of trawling boards to find out.)

When you are in a hurry and every second counts and someone getting off a bus asks the driver for directions and he goes out of his way to be very helpful.

Dublin Bus drivers listening to loud trashy music stations on their radios.
    Mature taxi drivers wearing Utd/'Pool tops and runners.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Something that's 'trivially annoying' is clearly an altogether different thing to a trivial thing that annoys you. The former points to something you may find a touch irksome, the latter to something trifling & inconsequential, but with an ability to cause anything from mild irritation to a Clarkson-esque meltdown.

The 'TA' thing kinda garbles that distinction.

Indeed. In fact I suspect the effort of sorting my annoyances into the former and the latter categories might just come between me and my sleep tonight. Now that is TA/TA! :)

bobbyss wrote: »
    (So that's what it means!! And there I was thinking of trawling boards to find out.)

When you are in a hurry and every second counts and someone getting off a bus asks the driver for directions and he goes out of his way to be very helpful.

Dublin Bus drivers listening to loud trashy music stations on their radios.
    Mature taxi drivers wearing Utd/'Pool tops and runners.

*twitch*

Related to the kn*bends who fish for coins in their purse and place them SINGLY into the coin thingy! And look at the driver in between each coin as if waiting for a pat on the back. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

(TA'ing)

No matter where one sits on the luas, there is an annoyance. In one of the "family area" quads - there'll be someone in front of you without a book or an inclination to look out the window therefore staring at you the entire time. On the inside of a two seater....some fat f*cker will phlump down beside you and play "lets play rub thighs". On the outside of a two seater, you;re at the mercy of other people's elbows and bags as the tram fills up and you get the head taken off you (and also a constant stream of people pushing past to walk down the aisle for God only knows what since there are no seats anywhere anyway). On the little single seats beside the window you will invariably end up sitting in front of someone with a cold who is either back hacking and swallowing phlegm the entire journey or sniffing half heartedly into a tissue instead of having the balls to give it a good blow and be done with it. Even if you're lucky enough not to sit before someone like this, the wind coming down from the vent will freeze you half to death anyway.

:(

When you ask someone a question, and they reply by explaining the basic concepts that you already understand, AND they use the word 'so' at the beginning of every sentence

- If this is categorised as C, why isn't [name] responsible for it?
    -SO the three options are A , B, and C; A refers to ...
    -I know this, I just want to know why ...
    -So just let me explain. A refers to ...
    -Listen luv I know that A refers to [that], B is [that] and C is [that], so why isn't [name] doing C?
    -So A means ...
    -ARGHHHH FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

There's something wrong with our washing machine. It started making scary noises when draining last night so Mr Pumpkinseeds took the tiny bit of stuff out of the filter and we thought it'd be fine. I put a short wash on afterwards, just to check it was OK, and low and behold it's still buggered. There must be something blocking the drainage. Now we're gonna have to pay someone to come fix it. There's always some fricking unforseen expense to fork out for.:mad::(

That 4 - 5 seconds song. A truely awful song, by three people I can't stand.

Forgetting to turn on the storage heating in my home office last night, meaning it's fecking feezing in there, and I'm working from the living room. Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

When you ask someone something, they say what?, so you start to ask again but they're already answering before you say it.

if you heard what I said why did you ask what?

' do you have a clubcard.?'
    "What?"
    'D'
    "Oh yes I......."

Aaagh

When I say something and the person clearly doesn't understand what I said so basically just ignores the fact that I've said something.

Annoys me less though when they end up disadvantaged by ignoring.

E.g. in a taxi where the fare is £5.10, and I say you can take £5.50 or £6 or whatever, and they just smile and nod, and then just give me change for £5.10.

annoys me in the sense of 'if you don't understand what I said, why not just say so?' but also in that example definitely a case of 'your loss, mate'.

• Advertisement

When someone schedules a meeting for the time you are supposed to be going home at :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

TA that I fell asleep with a cup of coffee in my hand and just woke up to find it all over me and the bed and my favourite pillow :(

You really live up to your username eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When you start watching a really crap tv show and you can't stop watching it!

When someone has their trolley parked right in front of where you want to pick something up in the supermarket and they're reading the information on a product for ages (are they making anagrams with the words or what) and you have to lurk nearby, looking around and they keep looking at you like you're a weirdo and you just want them to MOVE.

Noisy downstairs neighbours who seem to just run around constantly, making the floor shake non stop, making the signal on the chromecast cut out.

The weather - come back sun! You've over-stayed your welcome cold and rain.

When I accidentally follow someone I don't wanna be following on twitter.

seems when reading their tweets on a conversation they were having with someone I follow, I must have clicked 'follow'. First I knew of it was when they followed me back and I'm like 'urgh, no, no, go away'. In my head just though, of course.

People (you don't know/ not familiar enough) who ring the door bell or knock and when they don't get an answer, proceed to try turn the handle to open your front door!

ratmouse wrote: »
    People (you don't know/ not familiar enough) who ring the door bell or knock and when they don't get an answer, proceed to try turn the handle to open your front door!

Weirdos :(

Added to that, people who call without notice. Drives me mental. You're just expected to drop what you're doing and put the kettle on. You might look like shít, have an assignment to finish, dogs to walk and clothes to wash and then some happy feckin neighbour decides to just "drop in" :( My mam thinks it's weird I get annoyed over this. She likes the old style dropping in for a cuppa and loves to sit down and have a chat with people. I'm of the opinion that there is too much of a premium on time for idle chit chat unless it is pre arranged :) Often find myself hiding behind the curtains waiting for the caller to leave again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Weirdos :(

Thieves.

And you are sitting watching Tv, fire blazing and dogs are calm.

Knockeddy knock knock at door, Mrs E goes and answers, leaving stiiting room door ajar ..

Mrs E "Ah Mary. come in"
    Mary "Ah I wont, I only came to check/ask/borrow blah blah"
    Mrs E "But sure come in.."
    Mary "No I will only be a minute.."

Fifteen mins later, I am fcuken freezing, dogs are jumping all over the couch and Mary is still at the door:D

Damn private numbers, and me accidentally answering the phone to someone I was avoiding... and needing to think on my feet as a result... argh.

You're 'busy' in bed and someone knocks at the front door, you have to answer it since you're waiting on a parcel to be delivered. The caller turns out to be a Jehovas witness. FFS, I got out of bed for that:confused::mad:

• Advertisement

Rain and cold weather at the end of March, that defo annoys me!

That I really need to go into town and get something beore 6pm, but it's so cold even inside, that I just wanna curl up in bed, all warm and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You're 'busy' in bed and someone knocks at the front door, you have to answer it since you're waiting on a parcel to be delivered. The caller turns out to be a Jehovas witness. FFS, I got out of bed for that:confused::mad:

Jehovahs that persist in calling to my elderly, Mass going, dyed-in-the-wool Catholic mum as if she was going to go over to the Dark Side at this stage. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm sick to f**k of seeing these non-celebs the likes of Amy Huberman et-al popping up in 'news' stories. Her face annoys me

Jehovahs that persist in calling to my elderly, Mass going, dyed-in-the-wool Catholic mum as if she was going to go over to the Dark Side at this stage. :rolleyes:

Well...they do say that God loves a trier.:D

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm sick to f**k of seeing these non-celebs the likes of Amy Huberman et-al popping up in 'news' stories. Her face annoys me

At least she has a bit of talent. It's the talentless 'celebs' that TA me. Watch out for the new type of 'celeb' on the block now - The Beauty Blogger!

Cormac... wrote: »

There is something incredibly irritating about her nose alright... It's as if.... she looks like....she should be pretty but she's just not and I can't put my finger on why...

At least she has a bit of talent. It's the talentless 'celebs' that TA me. Watch out for the new type of 'celeb' on the block now - The Beauty Blogger!

I would not really rate her on the acting front.

However, my TA is she a line of footwear out,the "Amy Huberman Collection"

it's quite trivially annoying that none of you can go down and get that thing in town for me...

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I would not really rate her on the acting front.

However, my TA is she a line of footwear out,the "Amy Huberman Collection"

I wouldn't rate her either and that's why I said she has a 'bit of talent'!! It's those in the media spotlight who have no talent whatsoever that trivially annoy the hell out of me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement