Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Must be a new thing...your wan was really pushing hard for it...a pension plan or different saving scheme.....meh I'd rather spend it around South America/SE Asia and oz next year :D

Be better than see them go off with it

It is definitely not a new thing! Been happening to me for at least a decade.

Tv3 commentators. It is clearly a broken leg....His shin was at an angle....But they did not spot that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Getting in contact with an amenity company with a query on bills, they ask for name, address and for data protection my phone number, gave the name and address and told them I didn't supply a phone number,
    Oh, well name, address and for data protection your email address,
    I said, for MY data protection I didn't supply a phone number or email, just my name and address as contact details,
    Please hold.........line went dead shortly after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

No, it's because it's September..... I haven't seen a pumpkin yet so why am I being told to book online to visit Santa.

I don't see Easter eggs in January, I don't see Valentines cards in November.
    Nothing to do with getting older, well not for me.

My TA today is everybody else. Go fcuk yourself everybody. (Not the fine people of Boards)

So if signs of Christmas didn't begin until November/December, it'd still be as magical for you as it ever was? And Christmas doesn't get less and less magical as we get older? It's just because the ads are on earlier? Even though they have been like that for at least fifteen years?

Okay then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    On the rare occasion I make a largish withdrawal from my savings account I get a phone call from my new 'Relationship manager' at the bank to introduce themselves and bye the bye to tell me all about car loans etc etc.
    I am not fckin stupid you know!
    Ya grand...so anyway what did you buy?:DVery TAing when the most interesting detail is missing from a post:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I've heard a few fireworks go off, over the last couple of days.

My dog is going to be terrified now, for the next month and a half.

Colser wrote: »
    Ya grand...so anyway what did you buy?:DVery TAing when the most interesting detail is missing from a post:p

I will leave that to your imagination, the reality is dull. Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Anyone else finding the add on Gaelic page to the AH link annoying? It pops up every time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Life is cruel. I bought this really nice cheese I like, had to travel for some days and returned to find that someone had chewed away on it. There are 2 bite marks in it clearly outlining the upper jaw of the perpetrator. Time to get the whip out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Indulging in too much sweets and having a stomach ache after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Longford

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Not having enough baby making exercise.

eternal wrote: »
    Not having enough baby making exercise.

You're in for a treat when the baby is made...

You're in for a treat when the baby is made...

You're not getting it are you?!

You're not getting it are you?!

Not right now, no :)

Not right now, no :)

See you in Longford Sunny Jim.

I would do anything for 'love'

But I won't do that!

Longford!? Computer says no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Life is cruel. I bought this really nice cheese I like, had to travel for some days and returned to find that someone had chewed away on it. There are 2 bite marks in it clearly outlining the upper jaw of the perpetrator. Time to get the whip out!

Who does that? - finding a block of cheese, taking a bite and putting it back? The mind boggles!

At least cut a bit for yourself if you want it! :P

I would do anything for 'love'

But I won't do that!

Longford!? Computer says no.

Joking obviously.

• Advertisement

Who does that? - finding a block of cheese, taking a bite and putting it back? The mind boggles!

At least cut a bit for yourself if you want it! :P

I can tell you who does that, my wife does. Therefore my outrage was cut off quickly and my apparent "cheese addiction" became the topic.

Joking obviously.

Ah heyor! I knew that.

On topic, RTE. Does it count as trivial?

It seems to think it is anyway. Some of the muck they produce. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Dunno if it has been mentioned yet but people who wont buy a dam number for their front door always pisses me off. You spend thousands making your house look good to the outside world the least you can do is put a bloody number on it.

youtube! wrote: »
    Dunno if it has been mentioned yet but people who wont buy a dam number for their front door always pisses me off. You spend thousands making your house look good to the outside world the least you can do is put a bloody number on it.

If you have a letter after the number, the gods are against you on that front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

DareGod wrote: »
    So if signs of Christmas didn't begin until November/December, it'd still be as magical for you as it ever was? And Christmas doesn't get less and less magical as we get older? It's just because the ads are on earlier? Even though they have been like that for at least fifteen years?

Okay then.

I don't quite think you get the point of this thread.

It's not the "justify what trivial thing that annoys you thread".

My new TA today is.....wait for it.....drum roll please....

....people who argue about a persons opinion for the sake of it.

Can't be dealing with that type of bolloxology.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Reheated lasagna burnt on top still not warm inside sigh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The explosion in the use of literally.

"I was literally eating my lunch", you were eating your lunch you muppet

Muggy days when it starts to rain just enough that you will be wet through to the skin unless you out a jacket on, but if you put the jacket on you will be sweating too much and your shirt will be wet from sweat instead :mad:

The use of technology in ads, face shaving technology and other such made up bollox with the work technology after it

80% off Sale*
    * some items reduced by 80%

Toothpaste with 11 different uses, tooth clean technology, healthy gum technology, tartar removal technology, plaque removal technology, anti plaque build up technology, anti tartar build up technology, fresh breath technology, great feeling mouth technology, gum circulation technology, better tasting kisses technology, tooth whitening technology

CB12, mouth wash that is supposed to keep your breath fresh for 12 hours yet they introduce CB12 boost to keep your breath fresh

People who tell a story and get the person who was there to confirm certain details, "and I told him to **** off, didn't I Debbie"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Adverts lowballers who want to meet at some inconvenient location, then argue in the comments when you turn down the offer . And you were actually going to meet this person? Dodged a bullet.

youtube! wrote: »

Even worse is when they decide to name their house instead of putting the number up. And even worst then that is when it is named after some hotel they stayed in when visiting Benidorm.
    Villa Venecia my arse!

Even worse is when they decide to name their house instead of putting the number up. And even worst then that is when it is named after some hotel they stayed in when visiting Benidorm.
    Villa Venecia my arse!

I get annoyed if people DON'T have a house number at the door. How am I supposed to figure out what place someone likes at when looking for it for the first time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Tv3 commentators. It is clearly a broken leg....His shin was at an angle....But they did not spot that.

omg it was awful - felt sick when I saw it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Woke up with a really dry cough; you know the type that feels like someone's stabbing your throat with razor blades.

I got up, made a cuppa and every now and again I cough so much I feel like throwing up.
    I'm feeling so sorry for myself. On the plus side, I'm going to make a hot curry tonight; spices are good when you're sick, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

HowToBasic on facebook. yes, that chap screaming like a madman whilst throwing laptops around the place and smashing up his kitchen. and he likes eggs. i just dont see what there is to gain by destroying your possessions and making a ****ing mess all in the name of facebook fame. i still watch his videos though, they're weirdly addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

A new thing I've noticed with selfies is people barely sticking out their tongue and biting it when smiling and taking the pic, I suppose they're trying to look coy or something. They just end up looking retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CyrilFiggis

When people say 'text' instead of 'texted' for the past tense. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

fussyonion wrote: »
    Woke up with a really dry cough; you know the type that feels like someone's stabbing your throat with razor blades.

I got up, made a cuppa and every now and again I cough so much I feel like throwing up.
    I'm feeling so sorry for myself. On the plus side, I'm going to make a hot curry tonight; spices are good when you're sick, right?

Try and drink an absolute sh1t-load of hot water and lemon. I staved off a rotten dose by constantly having a mug of lemon in my paw :)

Throw lots of turmeric and cumin and chilies into your dinner too. You'll be fighting fit in no time!

TA that I have a little cut on my nostril that I can't leave alone so

(a) I look like I'm picking my nose all the time

and

(b) The tiny cut pumps blood like a geyser from time to time.

Worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fussyonion wrote: »

Honey & Lemon tea will set you free. trust me.

slice of lemon, spoon of honey, and boiling water all in a mug.

You'll be thanking me when you've tried it.

Honey & Lemon tea will set you free. trust me.

slice of lemon, spoon of honey, and boiling water all in a mug.

You'll be thanking me when you've tried it.
    Is there anything else that is a good substitute for honey? There is very little that I wont eat but Ive tried honey a few times and absolutely hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Adults that still refer to their parents as Mammy and Daddy.

Grow the fcuk up you assclowns.

:mad:

Tattoos of rosary beads.

Ive noticed this more and more over the last year or two. Every second scobie I see seem to have tats of rosary beads on their arm and spiraling down to their hands. The worst are the ones that have a pair of joined hands with rosary beads entwined in them, tattooed on their neck, usually accompanied with something deep like "only God can judge me" underneath.

The last time you were in a church it was to steal the communion wine and piss in the holy water font you gormless, inbred spunk trumpets.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Colser wrote: »
    Is there anything else that is a good substitute for honey? There is very little that I wont eat but Ive tried honey a few times and absolutely hate it.

I don't have a substitute for honey but I just have the lemon and water and find it hella refreshing and beneficial. Try a slice of lemon and a slice of lime in hot water. It's like warm 7UP!

Adults that still refer to their parents as Mammy and Daddy.

Grow the fcuk up you assclowns.

:mad:

Tattoos of rosary beads.

Ive noticed this more and more over the last year or two. Every second scobie I see seem to have tats of rosary beads on their arm and spiraling down to their hands. The worst are the ones that have a pair of joined hands with rosary beads entwined in them, tattooed on their neck, usually accompanied with something deep like "only God can judge me" underneath.

The last time you were in a church it was to steal the communion wine and piss in the holy water font you gormless, inbred spunk trumpets.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

:eek::D:D:D
    I like tattoos but the ones that bug me are the ones that women have in big writing across their chest and the mens ones on the calf where they show them off by wearing those long shorts even in the middle on Winter.

• Advertisement

Natural brown sugar instead of honey! You're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Trivial things that annoy me: overzealous mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that Rachel Allen's stupid accent seems to be getting adopted by a lot of female voice-over artists.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

MrVestek wrote: »
    Trivial things that annoy me: overzealous mods.

Mod note

Folks this thread is not for moaning about moderation on the site (whether in AH or elsewhere)

If you have issues with mods, take it to PM or feedback.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The fact that Rachel Allen's stupid accent seems to be getting adopted by a lot of female voice-over artists.

Nearly as bad as the accent on that sill cow "Jo" from Fair city, and the little **** of a son "Ben", I'd love to smack him with a gone off mackerel...the posh head on him, and him supposed to be from the Northside:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...you gormless, inbred spunk trumpets...
    :pac::pac::pac: Oh bravo, sir! :D
    eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Nearly as bad as the accent on that sill cow "Jo" from Fair city, and the little **** of a son "Ben", I'd love to smack him with a gone off mackerel...the posh head on him, and him supposed to be from the Northside:D
    She's from Caaaaark, y'know. And that reminds me - I'd still bang Caddil ferociously. :D

Junkies looking after kids. Shouldn't be allowed.

If you have a letter after the number, the gods are against you on that front

I actually hate it when people don't have a number at their front door or house. How on earth is anyone supposed to find the right house?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

"Last evening"

No, it's yesterday evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac: Oh bravo, sir! :D

She's from Caaaaark, y'know. And that reminds me - I'd still bang Caddil ferociously. :D

Bang Caddil? I'd rather do the bull run in Pamplona, wearing a pair of fcuked roller skates, in my nip, with a picture (in red) of a cows fanny stapled to my arse!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement