Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Kaiser Sosay

Menas wrote: »

Why thank you.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was looking for a parking space at my local shopping centre today.
    A guy was stationery to my left. He had NO indicators on.

He stuck his hand out his window and gestured for me to overtake him.
    So I did.
    And parked in the first available spot I found.

Cue beeping and gesticulating from the fella who told me to overtake him.
    When I parked, I got out and asked "What's the problem?" to which he replied "I was waiting to go in there! And you fcuking took it!"

"No, you had no indicators on AND you basically told me to overtake you.Am I meant to be psychic and just know you were wanting it? You were just sitting there doing nothing!"

He gave me the finger, called me a fcuking btich and sped off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

73Cat wrote: »
    An ice cream van has started to come back around our estate, after several years of peace. It has to have the most stupid tune too, like a demented Irish jig :(

Could be worse. Our local one plays the Match of the Day theme tune on what sounds like an out-of-tune calliope, at absolutely ear-splitting volume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

fussyonion wrote: »
    He gave me the finger, called me a fcuking btich and sped off.
    While we're at it, people that become suddenly brave when they have a set of wheels under them.
    You just know that if ye both happened to be pedestrians at the same time they wouldn't be half as cheeky.

"Hey you, yeah you, screw you!" *Vrooooooooooom*

While we're at it, people that become suddenly brave when they have a set of wheels under them.
    You just know that if ye both happened to be pedestrians at the same time they wouldn't be half as cheeky.

"Hey you, yeah you, screw you!" *Vrooooooooooom*

Like in that episode of The Inbetweeners when the lads shout abuse at people at the bus stop. Then they drive off. But they come to a red light and the fellas at the bus stop start walking over to the car and the lads start grovelling hahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Like in that episode of The Inbetweeners when the lads shout abuse at people at the bus stop. Then they drive off. But they come to a red light and the fellas at the bus stop start walking over to the car and the lads start grovelling hahaha.
    Yeah bunch of idiots. I was walking down the street once when someone I knew but don't get on with started roaring abuse from a car as it drove past.
    A week later I ran into him in the pub.
    "You were pretty brave last week shouting insults from a car, have you anything you would like to add?"
    "No"

I don't know why it annoys me it just does. Like the real life equivalent of keyboard warriors I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Traffic on a Friday is insane. Someone parked in the one disabled spot I needed and had no card on display therefore I couldn't lodge money for my mother who can't do it for herself. So fkcing rude and inconsiderate and people are like maniacs on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

When your waiting for someone and drive yourself crazy staring at it because they aren't even supposed to be there yet also being too early to something

eternal wrote: »
    Traffic on a Friday is insane. Someone parked in the one disabled spot I needed and had no card on display therefore I couldn't lodge money for my mother who can't do it for herself. So fkcing rude and inconsiderate and people are like maniacs on the road.

I feel your frustration on this one.
    That reminds me actually...

Last week I was out shopping with a relative who has a wheelchair badge. He propped it up on the dashboard and we went into the supermarket.

(Note: My relative doesn't use a wheelchair but he has chronic arthritis and severely limited mobility; he can barely walk a few yards without needing to stop. The Wheelchair Association gave him a card no problem once he had submitted medical evidence.)

When we came out, I packed the stuff into the boot and off we went.
    It was only when we got out onto the main road that we noticed a note fluttering on the windscreen, held back by the wipers.
    I hopped out at the traffic lights to retrieve it and read the note, which said:

"Neither of you is disabled so you shouldn't of parked in the disabled bay. Shame on you."

I don't know whether I was more annoyed at the use of the word "of" instead of "have" or the fact that this person hadn't the balls to confront us in person and realise that my relative does have a disability and just because he wasn't wheelchair-bound doesn't take away that fact.
    Boiled my blood all day.

• Advertisement

Yeah I posted about this before when I had random strangers shouting abuse at me because I don't look sick. Nobody knows what kind of illness a person has and once you have evidence in your car they really should fkc right off and get on with their own existences. Nobody bothers the people in brand new 40k Jeeps parked with no card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have a scab on the side of my finger that will not go away. It's so annoying because I can just feel it all the time and it gets caught in everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

We bought stuff in Ikea a bit over a week ago. Built everything except one unit on the same day, was grand but the last one we made was such a bitch to put together, we just couldn't face doing another one that day. So this box has been staring at me for the last week. We really have to do it this weekend, but I'm really dreading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Fruit flies in wine. In september! WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

^^^^. This drives me mad. People sometimes can't comprehend that someone can have quite a serious disability, yet looks the same as everyone else, for want of a better way of putting it. Some people would almost refuse to believe it even when it's explained to them. God forgive me, I think some people would need to see a wheelchair before they will believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

John Hart reading the news on Radio Nova, Slow down, use punctuation, take a breath, you're no Dave Fanning, then he finishes off with, "More on nova.ie ee,"
    Getting really annoying but trivially at the moment....

• Advertisement

selous wrote: »
    John Hart reading the news on Radio Nova, Slow down, use punctuation, take a breath, you're no Dave Fanning, then he finishes off with, "More on nova.ie ee,"
    Getting really annoying but trivially at the moment....

Radio nova is a great station for music. But they have so many adverts and some of the DJs with their mid atlantic accent need taking out and shooting.
    Planet rock on the internet radio device thing is the only way to go.

73Cat wrote:
    ^^^^. This drives me mad. People sometimes can't comprehend that someone can have quite a serious disability, yet looks the same as everyone else, for want of a better way of putting it. Some people would almost refuse to believe it even when it's explained to them. God forgive me, I think some people would need to see a wheelchair before they will believe you.

It's surprising how much this happens. I know a girl who's legally blind and the amount of times her boyfriend gets yelled at for parking in the disabled spot is crazy. She's only 21 so I think people just look at them and think they're crazy.

Why would someone want to have a disability anyway. Are they completely stupid. I would rather walk all over the place and lose all the weight I have. As Kat says you can't even be blind now without someone commenting. None of those people know what's down the road for them in the future so they should go away and think about themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

When Youtube wipes out the title of a video saved to one of your playlists.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.....awh.

ok the video got taken down but at least leave the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

bumping into someone random and having to make up small talk type conversation on the fly.

• Advertisement

Showering and brushing my teeth. Bit of a pain in the *rse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

When ads for cars on donedeal are deceiving. Looks in good condition in the photos. Ad said x amount of work has been in done, it's in good condition, etc. Go to view the car and a ****box turns up. It's nearly worse than what I'm currently driving and that's a pretty low standard to pass-ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mr Sam & I got a take away this evening as I couldn't be arsed cooking. Looking forward all evening to having it. Restaurant gave us the wrong order ;-(
    Mr Sam ate what he got but I have a shellfish allergy and there was huge prawns in both. Having cheese on toast instead. Not happy at all.

I feel your frustration on this one.
    That reminds me actually...

Last week I was out shopping with a relative who has a wheelchair badge. He propped it up on the dashboard and we went into the supermarket.

(Note: My relative doesn't use a wheelchair but he has chronic arthritis and severely limited mobility; he can barely walk a few yards without needing to stop. The Wheelchair Association gave him a card no problem once he had submitted medical evidence.)

When we came out, I packed the stuff into the boot and off we went.
    It was only when we got out onto the main road that we noticed a note fluttering on the windscreen, held back by the wipers.
    I hopped out at the traffic lights to retrieve it and read the note, which said:

"Neither of you is disabled so you shouldn't of parked in the disabled bay. Shame on you."

I don't know whether I was more annoyed at the use of the word "of" instead of "have" or the fact that this person hadn't the balls to confront us in person and realise that my relative does have a disability and just because he wasn't wheelchair-bound doesn't take away that fact.
    Boiled my blood all day.

In a way it's nearly good though because people who DO misuse them SHOULD be called out on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Showering and brushing my teeth. Bit of a pain in the *rse.

Think you're brushing wrong, circular motions not in and out O:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I am ta by horror movies.
    Specifically stupid stereotypical female roles in horror movies.
    You've just spent the last hour trying to get out of a house where your father was bludgeoned and when you finally escape, someone comes with a car and you go BACK to the damn house with them.

Run byatch, run!!
    Leave that fool to go back and look in the house.
    Don't get in the damn car with them.....runnnnnnnnnnn :mad:
    If it was me, I'd be slicing other people along the way just to disable them a wee bit so the ghostie person could catch them quicker and leave me more time for running :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Stupid german traffic! Got up before the sun for a 3.5 hr driveto spend the weekend away for my birthday.
    Muppets driving way to fast on the auto bahn so 3 accidents on one stretch of road with no exits = 2 extra hours in the car grrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

An ice cream van has started to come back around our estate, after several years of peace. It has to have the most stupid tune too, like a demented Irish jig :(
    An ice-cream van comes into my estate between 5.20 and 5.35 every evening, even during the winter! I despise ice-cream van music and I despise ice-cream van 'ice-cream'. (But I like proper ice-cream).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

That small bit of really short hair left behind after shaving, that you only notice later on in the day (if your rubbing your neck/face or whatever). More than likely invisible to other people, but nonetheless ridiculously annoying if your like me and like your face to be uniformly smooth after a shave.

Or worse the ****ing ones on your neck, in work in a shirt, turn your head and there is a little pull on it. Annoys me so much, used to tweeze it when I got home, now keep a razor in my drawer in work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

On the disabled parking topic,
    I was in Aldi in Portarlington during the week they have a few disabled parking spaces in front of the shop window in plain sight of anyone in the shop, and one after the other they got filled by driver only cars with no disabled parking badge who each got out smoking a ciggie and walked into the shop,
    (Im taking it at face value, they looked in non disabled parking health)

• Advertisement

I tried those Doritos Roulette last night. What a letdown. I don't know if I'm just used to spicy food, but there weren't any extremely spicy ones in the bag. I was fully prepared for streaming eyes, and copious amounts of water. I just felt like a whale for eating so many trying to find the spicy ones, so disappointing:(

I tried those Doritos Roulette last night. What a letdown. I don't know if I'm just used to spicy food, but there weren't any extremely spicy ones in the bag. I was fully prepared for streaming eyes, and copious amounts of water. I just felt like a whale for eating so many trying to find the spicy ones, so disappointing:(

I just didnt like them at all. I like dorritos. I like spicy ones. I like cheesy ones.
    But I now know I do not like them combined!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

You do know that they're just the ones that are swept up off the floor at the end of the day. They have no way of separating them so some smart are thought it'd be a good idea to bag them and label them 'Roulette'

I braid my hair when it's wet so I have nice waves in it but then it leaves wet patches on my top. It looks like my boobs are leaking haha! Awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Having watched rugby for years, I still don't understand the scrum.
    Let's all get in a huddle, risk getting our necks broken, roll the ball in, and we'll all fall on the ground.

My mother is home today after a holiday. Her flight was due in at 1.30, but gets delayed. She rings me after 2, saying she is getting on the plane, so I tell her I'll be at the airport for 3.30. Am driving up to the airport, and a text comes through. When I'm parked up I check my phone. Oh joy!! It's a text to say the plane hasn't taken off, and is now not due in till 4.40:(. I've a whining small person in the back of the car, which means waiting around for well over an hour isn't an option. So back home again, yayyy! It's a fabulous day, I just want to sit in the garden with a beer, but I'm waiting to do the whole thing over again. Somebody shoot me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Religious & political discussions in AH :mad:

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Religious & political discussions in AH :mad:

Serial nonsense thread starters are worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

The epidemic of putting soggy bacon in burgers. If you're going to do it at least make the bacon crispy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

When you're using a touch device for scrolling through boards.ie and you accidentally click
    someone's username.

I'm not staking ya..... I swear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Mr Sam & I got a take away this evening as I couldn't be arsed cooking. Looking forward all evening to having it. Restaurant gave us the wrong order ;-(
    Mr Sam ate what he got but I have a shellfish allergy and there was huge prawns in both. Having cheese on toast instead. Not happy at all.

when a certain branch of popular chipper gives you approximately 5 chips with their 'meal'.

for a mere 7 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

People who take anger/frustration out on their pets.

I went to great lengths to remove a moth from my living room just now.

I was out the back and I saw the moth on the inside of the house, behind the blind, hovering around my candles.

I went inside, reached behind the blind to open the window, went back outside and managed to hoosh him out.

But in the process, I banged my elbow really hard off the window.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Other people's door-bells. They're a hot-bed of filth and webs and spiders. Do me a favour yeah? Run a cloth over the damn thing! I realise that most people never use their own door-bell but please, for the love of cheeses keep it clean!

*shudder*

Xfactor

• Advertisement

People who take anger/frustration out on their pets.

Or their children ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

The streetlights in my estate haven't been working. I almost trip down the steps every time I walk home. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,215 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

NOS3 wrote: »
    The streetlights in my estate haven't been working. I almost trip down the steps every time I walk home. :mad:

Do you have a flashlight app on your phone?

Might help you see the way in front of you, and I'd get onto your local council about those streetlights, stupidly dangerous that they're left unrepaired like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Do you have a flashlight app on your phone?

I do, but trust me to leave it at home most of the time. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Trying a slightly cheaper pizza place only to end up with greasy and tasteless crap! :mad: :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement