Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Having a rubbish night out :( what a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

People who stare at departure screens in airports for 10 minutes straight. How long does it take to check the Gate Number/Flight info:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

A ringing phone when I'm eating or washing dishes.
    Someone calling me when I'm in the bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Looking forward to a good night in watching dvds with some good food.
    End up with a rush job spaghetti bolognaise (spelling?) and the movie was 'Selma'....and very depressing. Wasted saturday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Trying a slightly cheaper pizza place only to end up with greasy and tasteless crap! :mad: :(

You're going to tell me to gtfo but trust me on this..

I found the most delicious cheese and tomato thin crust pizza in Tesco for only €1.13.

It's called Tesco Stonebaked Four Cheese Pizza (other flavours are available) and my God, it's gorgeous.
    I had a Goodfella's cheese pizza a few months ago, costing €4.50 and it was as bland as anything.

Give the Tesco pizza a shot; trust me, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I'm trivially annoyed that I still have a cough.
    I had a cold last week, and then a cough developed. I feel 99% better but this cough is bloody annoying.
    It's the type of cough where you have to stop what you're doing and brace yourself because it comes from the depths of your being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭5W30

Traffic on the M50. Traffic in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

I have a tiny little spot of gunk on my eyeball right in the centre of where I'm looking that keeps swimming over and back as I read words on boards.ie, it's driving me mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Getting a crap sleep on a weekend night, even though you went to bed early and didn't touch a drop of booze :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Having no social life :(:(

• Advertisement

I have an essay to do (which is an annoyance all by itself) but this stupid laptop has something wrong with it. I can't use the internet because this massive ad is blocking the college website and it won't go away. I'm already in a bad mood and this is making me feel murderous!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Hungover.....and I have to get the train from Dublin back to Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I have a bad batch of contact lenses and they're mixed up with tonnes of the good ones (way too many to throw out). It's like russian roulette. I lost last night and now I look like snoop dog with the red eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

fussyonion wrote: »

I found the most delicious cheese and tomato thin crust pizza in Tesco for only €1.13.

It's called Tesco Stonebaked Four Cheese Pizza (other flavours are available) and my God, it's gorgeous.
    I had a Goodfella's cheese pizza a few months ago, costing €4.50 and it was as bland as anything.

FussyOnion, get the... no I agree. Tesco do these ones called Milanos. They're not frozen but are packaged. They're pretty good actually. :)

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Hungover.....and I have to get the train from Dublin back to Cork

Not to worry. The hangover will pass. Cork however....

Having no social life :(:(

I hear you, friend. *bro-hugs*

Menas wrote: »

That's my home county that you're speaking of! I will always be a proud Corkonian :p

That's my home county that you're speaking of! I will always be a proud Corkonian :p

:) I am 1/4 cork myself, but dont tell anyone!

Your secret is safe with me ;) I often disguise my Cork roots when I have to venture outside the rebel county, for survival purposes :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Staff on shop tills are experienced in giving change.

Yet people rock up to pay, holding everybody up pulling notes and coins out of all sorts of pockets and purses, regardless of those waiting behind them,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

When a big fly won't leave you alone. I'm going insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That copper head fairy from Athlone on X Factor.
    He looks about 50 and sounds like a old woman who's on 60 fags a day.

When a big fly won't leave you alone. I'm going insane!

I hate when they do that close flyby your ear! Scares the **** out of me every time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I love extra mature cheddar. Quite often though it can't be sliced, it just crumbles up as I'm cutting it. Drives me nuts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas youre heading towards the ignore list with this kind of posting..Jealousy is an awful trait:p

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    That copper head fairy from Athlone on X Factor.
    He looks about 50 and sounds like a old woman who's on 60 fags a day.

Fairy?
    What do you mean by that?

Finally got off my hungover arse and I'm on the train. It's roasting, packed and I am in a four seater with a guy who is having a conversation on speaker phone that is so loud I can hear it even though I am listening to music with my headphones on. This is going to be a long two and a half hours.

Finally got off my hungover arse and I'm on the train. It's roasting, packed and I am in a four seater with a guy who is having a conversation on speaker phone that is so loud I can hear it even though I am listening to music with my headphones on. This is going to be a long two and a half hours.

What an inconsiderate knob! :mad:

I went out for my lunch and as usual I can never manage a dessert but I saw huge slices of cheese cake been served and now I want one(hours later).Ive had a kit kat but its a waste of time because all I want is that fecking dessert.I even thought of getting one to takeaway but I was so stuffed I thought that Id never again eat..Ive had a few drinks and its an hours drive away so thats a non starter.I might have a bar of Frys and see if that helps:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Dirty sticky semi lino work floor.
    One roll of toilet paper.
    Some savage leaves it on the filthy floor.

• Advertisement

Getting ignored on a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

73Cat wrote: »
    I love extra mature cheddar. Quite often though it can't be sliced, it just crumbles up as I'm cutting it. Drives me nuts :(

Thank christ I'm not the only one. Whatever you do don't get the sliced mature cheddar - it's impossible to separate them and you end up breaking little bits off just to get enough to make a sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

nuac wrote: »
    Staff on shop tills are experienced in giving change.

Yet people rock up to pay, holding everybody up pulling notes and coins out of all sorts of pockets and purses, regardless of those waiting behind them,

Usually older women of questionable mental state.

Future old ladies take note, don't become this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Lurkers who wait to get the dig in.

Driving along at 100kmph when some idiot decides to pull out from a side road and makes me break hard. Then have to drive at 60/70kmph because they can't build the speed up. Why can't they just wait until I've passed before pulling out onto the road???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

A'd that the insane thread about sex robots vanished. I think the OP of it deleted it when it wasn't taken seriously enough. :pac:

When you are eating in a restaurant generally you need two glasses. 1 for wine. 1 for water.

So why on earth are there 3 other glasses laid out...getting in the way of everything....cluttering things up?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

People in front of you in the queue for the ATM having the gall to use more than one card. You get your hopes up and goddammit there they still are putting in another card.

So why on earth are there 3 other glasses laid out...getting in the way of everything....cluttering things up?!

different glass for white and red wine :P

Still though, hate going into a fancy pants restaurant and getting a tiny table / being crammed up against other diners where you can't hear the people you're dining with or overhear every detail of the discussion beside you!!

Kev W wrote: »
    A'd that the insane thread about sex robots vanished. I think the OP of it deleted it when it wasn't taken seriously enough. :pac:

This thread?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057494029

• Advertisement

No, the one about whether sexbots would put men off having families because women don't fancy men anymore and women only have "duty sex" with men for their precious seed. Something like that. It was insane.

Thanks though, I'll have a look at that one!

Kev W wrote: »
    No, the one about whether sexbots would put men off having families because women don't fancy men anymore and women only have "duty sex" with men for their precious seed. Something like that. It was insane.

Thanks though, I'll have a look at that one!

Ah yeah - the one with Sexton in the title, I remember it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

fussyonion wrote: »

My bf got that pizza a few times, he thought it was delish, last time he went to get it, it had gone up to €3.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Being annoying on FB liking and sharing stuff to enter competitions... but never winning any of them :(

jessiejam wrote: »
    Being annoying on FB liking and sharing stuff to enter competitions... but never winning any of them :(

Keep trying! I won one once, it does happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Deathwish4 wrote: »
    People who stare at departure screens in airports for 10 minutes straight. How long does it take to check the Gate Number/Flight info:confused:

And then realise it's the arrivals...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

They have to look somewhere, maybe they like looking there?

What superior place do you look instead? :confused:

I don't see what's annoying to you that they are looking at the departure screens.

I was finishing work at 2pm today and at 1.50pm I was undecided if Id start doing a process that would usually take me longer than 10mins..I glanced over at one of the "Overlords";) and decided I better get it done.I rushed through it and now Im worried that I fecked it up and because I was rushing I had to keep going back and correcting it. Now Im TAd that its TAing me when Im home so maybe I should have just taken my time and left later or sat there looking busy for 10 mins and ignored eagle eyed overlord.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

They are obviously using the power of the mind to hurry up time 'til take-off. As it happens, if you use this method, time travels at the exact same speed as it would if you weren't looking at the screen.

Amazing, isn't it?

• Advertisement

the thoughts of Christmas...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement