Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This morning I was bouncing around between conference calls and meetings and took loads of notes. I'm only getting around to looking at the notes now.
    TA'd that I cannot understand my handwriting and can only make sense of about 20% of the info. I did draw an excellent picture of a pig though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Colser wrote: »
    I was finishing work at 2pm today and at 1.50pm I was undecided if Id start doing a process that would usually take me longer than 10mins..I glanced over at one of the "Overlords";) and decided I better get it done.I rushed through it and now Im worried that I fecked it up and because I was rushing I had to keep going back and correcting it. Now Im TAd that its TAing me when Im home so maybe I should have just taken my time and left later or sat there looking busy for 10 mins and ignored eagle eyed overlord.:(

And you know that the bloody thing will be in your dreams tonight and be the first thing on your mind in the morning.

I would love to have no conscience for these things...and not have to worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This morning I was bouncing around between conference calls and meetings and took loads of notes. I'm only getting around to looking at the notes now.
    TA'd that I cannot understand my handwriting and can only make sense of about 20% of the info. I did draw an excellent picture of a pig though.

David?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Menas wrote: »
    And you know that the bloody thing will be in your dreams tonight and be the first thing on your mind in the morning.

I would love to have no conscience for these things...and not have to worry.
    I know exactly what you mean..its not worth it and I knew that even as I was doing it,no doubt it will come back to haunt me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

The New lidl or aldi ad. 'Bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye......'. Similarly any phone calls with family members. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

whiskeyman wrote: »
    the thoughts of Christmas...
    Primark in Manchester has its Christmas jumpers on sale. Penneys here by next week? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭TheNobleKipper

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I gave up on taking notes. Instead I draw genitals and afterwards evaluate how important the meeting was by examining my art work. I'm usually right.

messrs wrote: »
    My bf got that pizza a few times, he thought it was delish, last time he went to get it, it had gone up to €3.99

they reel you in then jack up the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

People who wear Christmas jumpers

The light in the bathroom blew and I can't unscrew the ****ing light shade (it's one of those standard glass ball things you get in every rented place) unless I pull the whole base off.

I now set up the desk lamp, with an extension lead, in the bathroom so every time I sit on the throne I am in full spot light as if I was at a movie scene. At first I was uncomfortable but I am beginning to feel fabulous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My 4yr old wants to have a chat about shadows. I need to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

People who end an unremarkable story with "You couldn't make it up".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the fact that every single news segment is the same pretty much no matter what station you listen to. And I mean word for word - its like the news we are going to get is carefully orchestrated, sanitized and makes me think journalism is dead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Just been told that I haven't been put on the system to get paid on Thursday like I was expecting. No money for another 2 weeks. I'm more than trivially annoyed, all my bills are due by the end of the month and I've got no money. I think I might cry but I'm in public. I don't want to be the crazy lady!

KatW4 wrote: »
    Just been told that I haven't been put on the system to get paid on Thursday like I was expecting. No money for another 2 weeks. I'm more than trivially annoyed, all my bills are due by the end of the month and I've got no money. I think I might cry but I'm in public. I don't want to be the crazy lady!

Sorry to hear that :(

maybe talk to payroll and explain the situation. Maybe, just maybe, they might sort it out this time and let you plan for the next gap between payment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

All my brains have been killed by sinus pain. Soon I will be metaphorical dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

For the love of Christ why can people not put sugar in their cup before adding coffee or at least use a dry spoon. Sugar bowl covered in fecking coffee granules :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

everlast75 wrote:
    Sorry to hear that

everlast75 wrote:
    maybe talk to payroll and explain the situation. Maybe, just maybe, they might sort it out this time and let you plan for the next gap between payment

Thank you :) thankfully my mum and bf are going to help me out. Seems like September is the most expensive month ever! Roll on October the 8th for a massive payday :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Music shops won't sell pop punks CDs. Every other kind of music gets catered for these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Bosses that always miss the point of what you are trying to tell them and focus on trivial side-issues that are really not what's important right now.

• Advertisement

When you go to the cinema and there's a fire exit light in the corner glowing throughout the movie shining on the side of the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fecking weddings, money consuming things, I'm so broke this month.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    For the love of Christ why can people not put sugar in their cup before adding coffee or at least use a dry spoon. Sugar bowl covered in fecking coffee granules :mad:

Have to say I am guilty of this, though it is generally fine because I'm the only one in my house that takes sugar. Not fine though when a sugar taking guest comes, my mother gives me the evils something shocking as she takes out the sugar bowl. :o

Homeless people in Dublin. Most people can't afford to live/rent in the city centre. If you're going to be homeless why choose the most expensive part of the country to sleep rough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Homeless people in Dublin. Most people can't afford to live/rent in the city centre. If you're going to be homeless why choose the most expensive part of the country to sleep rough?

Wouldn't that be the choice location? Why wouldn't you pick the most expensive part, you're not paying for it! Food isn't really less expensive elsewhere is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Moodle not lettin' me log in :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

fiachr_a wrote: »

Mad, why don't they just emigrate and be homeless somewhere nicer?

Hospital parking costs. Every time I look at the display in disbelief and wonder if I wasn't at the hospital but an amazing amusement park in order to be charged such amounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Trivially annoyed that the streetlight across from my house seems to have broken. It was replaced a few years ago with a newer light, but that seems to have blown too. Who knows how long it will be until the council come and replace it again. :rolleyes::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Eejits on the DART with their feet up on seats on a pissing wet day!

WTF does Daithi O Sea know about biscuits. Gimme a fcking break.

Seeing people in my apartment block heading out for a jog... but taking the lift down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

eternal wrote: »
    WTF does Daithi O Sea know about biscuits. Gimme a fcking break.

About anything....

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    About anything....

Well he used to be a teacher before so he's not stupid but I can't see where he fits in in these food shows.

(Didn't mean to sound snappy there. He does appear idiotic to be fair.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Sent a card to someone and for some unknown reason I looked up their eircode and stuck it on the envelope. They haven't got the card yet so filled out an online "missing" form. 10 days and counting, no card and no reply to the online query. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A_smurf wrote: »
    Trivially annoyed that the streetlight across from my house seems to have broken. It was replaced a few years ago with a newer light, but that seems to have blown too. Who knows how long it will be until the council come and replace it again. :rolleyes::mad:

...and you have reported it? I'd be TA'd if you haven't.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

That time of year again our friend the giant house spider on invasion mode. Just fecked a big one out the window. Need to get me a cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA'd that Boots have now got all the lovely gift sets in store for the Xmas market and I can't buy any of them until my lost Advantage Card is replaced... in 2-3 weeks. :/
    I have over 1,000 points and I'm getting itchy not being able to accumulate more by going mad with the early gift shopping.
    I WANT TO BUY ALL THE THINGS! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

eternal wrote: »
    Well he used to be a teacher before so he's not stupid but I can't see where he fits in in these food shows.

(Didn't mean to sound snappy there. He does appear idiotic to be fair.)

He comes across as a bit of a gob****e, but then he does host the Rose thing.i find him absolutely cringeworthy to watch, and difficult to understand a lot of the time

Losing printer duals...

(those moments you go to the printer, only to see someone else just reach it before you and start printing off a billion page document...)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The encroaching use of the word "obligated" instead of "obliged". It actually makes my eye tic when I see it.

McChubbin wrote: »
    TA'd that Boots have now got all the lovely gift sets in store for the Xmas market and I can't buy any of them until my lost Advantage Card is replaced... in 2-3 weeks. :/
    I have over 1,000 points and I'm getting itchy not being able to accumulate more by going mad with the early gift shopping.
    I WANT TO BUY ALL THE THINGS! D:

there is now an app that you can download - might solve the problem for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Losing printer duals...

(those moments you go to the printer, only to see someone else just reach it before you and start printing off a billion page document...)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!

I work in an open plan office, roughly 60 on my floor & we only have 1 printer between us all!! sometimes you will see a queue of 4/5 people waiting to print as every time you look to go up there is someone else always at it, so only way you get to print is stand in line and wait it out!!

messrs wrote: »
    I work in an open plan office, roughly 60 on my floor & we only have 1 printer between us all!! sometimes you will see a queue of 4/5 people waiting to print as every time you look to go up there is someone else always at it, so only way you get to print is stand in line and wait it out!!

Unless you make friends with the IT guy who has created a priority print queue for the printer and given you access. :D

Unless you make friends with the IT guy who has created a priority print queue for the printer and given you access. :D

Youd be taking your life in your hands if you tried that in our place:D

Colser wrote: »
    Youd be taking your life in your hands if you tried that in our place:D

I am guessing you would be holding the baseball bat!

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    He comes across as a bit of a gob****e, but then he does host the Rose thing.i find him absolutely cringeworthy to watch, and difficult to understand a lot of the time

Yourone Maura carries him completely in The Today Show.
    * Cue embarrassment at watching it.

I am guessing you would be holding the baseball bat!
    Youre wrong:P Im more of a knife thrower :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I've typed the word 'engine' about a dozen times today and not once have I not initially spelled it 'enginge' - even when typing this sentence! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

elfy4eva wrote: »
    That time of year again our friend the giant house spider on invasion mode. Just fecked a big one out the window. Need to get me a cat.

I came across one last night in the hallway that was so big, the cat and dog were sitting looking at it, eyeing each other with a, "you touch it, I'm not touching it" look on their faces. He (she?) was so big that I had trouble putting the pint glass down over it without squashing it's toes - do spiders have toes? :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement