Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

everlast75 wrote: »
    there is now an app that you can download - might solve the problem for you :)

You're a very helpful poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Family usually bring back cigarettes for the neighbor when they have been away and he pays them for them. I was away recently and neighbour fed our cats so I thought, I'll give him €100 for the trouble and sure I'll bring back cigarettes too. I didn't have a huge amount of money in the airport but I bought them thinking sure he'll give me the money and it will save him half what he would spend here. Made the FATAL mistake of dropping in money for cats with cigarettes and obviously the whole thing was interpreted as a "thanks for minding my cats" gift...no fcuking money. Urgh :( Irritated to within an inch of my life by the whole thing.

I've typed the word 'engine' about a dozen times today and not once have I not initially spelled it 'enginge' - even when typing this sentence! :(

Some kind of nouveau term for red-heads? En-ginge :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The annual bout of man flu (although it's probably just closer to a heavy head cold). Too full of snots and my throat is too dry that I can't sleep properly at night without having either really lucid dreams, or a stop-start night. And then too tired the following day to be anyway productive at work. And can't necessarily take a sick day either as I work from home.

And also TA'd that only five sachets came in the packet of Lemsip I bought yesterday. People are hardly overdosing on that these days that you can't buy a bigger packet and thus save a journey to get more, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

TA of the day, in a lecture where the guy next to me is doing my head in with his fast paced extra loud typing on his laptop. Laptops in class are fine but Jesus writing a novel with that force will 1 Destroy your keyboard and 2 distract everyone else around him.

The annual bout of man flu (although it's probably just closer to a heavy head cold). Too full of snots and my throat is too dry that I can't sleep properly at night without having either really lucid dreams, or a stop-start night. And then too tired the following day to be anyway productive at work. And can't necessarily take a sick day either as I work from home.

And also TA'd that only five sachets came in the packet of Lemsip I bought yesterday. People are hardly overdosing on that these days that you can't buy a bigger packet and thus save a journey to get more, are they?

Your post reminds me of another TA that is the feckin interrogation from pharmacists when you want to buy codeine products. Place is only falling down with junkies trading their methadone for pills... Try to buy a box of Feminax with a box of tampons though. What are they for? You're sh1tting me. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm exactly the same, can't wait to get home at 4pm and just pan out on the couch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,216 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

kfallon wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same, can't wait to get home at 4pm and just pan out on the couch :(

I wasn't going to say anything because everyone is sick to the back teeth hearing about this cold that knocks people out of sorts for about two weeks, but it's more than just trivially annoying, it's bloody frustrating altogether because even when I'm on the phone - "Oh you don't sound right at all"...

Thank you, Captain Obvious :rolleyes:

Took delivery of a new oven and hob during the week too, one of the glass hobs, and the oven door is all glass, and ohh fcuk me the finger marks, the finger marks! The oven and hob themselves are an incredible job, but I can see already they're going to be a pain to maintain. I'm in two minds about the trade off between cheaper electricity and the amount of polishing I'm having to do! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Your post reminds me of another TA that is the feckin interrogation from pharmacists when you want to buy codeine products. Place is only falling down with junkies trading their methadone for pills... Try to buy a box of Feminax with a box of tampons though. What are they for? You're sh1tting me. :(

Good to have you back. \0/ :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Some kind of nouveau term for red-heads? En-ginge :o

Nouveau faux franco-anglo hybrid coarsely expressing my preference for red-headed women - I do like to be En Ginge :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

The ''wanker watch'' thread, it is like an angry and bitter version of this thread, with very little humour. TA'd that I just can't seem to ''unfollow'' it for some reason and I get annoyed every time I read a post.

Menas wrote: »
    Good to have you back. \0/ :)

Aw :)

TA the warm fuzzy feeling that made me feel inside!

The bright pink banner flashing on the top of my screen shouting "MONTHLY SYMPTOMS" :eek:

Also TA is the increasing obsession within the Irish media with the whole fertility thing. Everywhere you go there is an article about the "dangers" of delaying having children and geriatric pregnancies etc. Do these people not realise that there are heartbroken couples trying to conceive and the fertility frenzy is really not going to help them? And also, having kids is such a huge decision with many different influencing factors - you're hardly going to run out and get knocked up because Woman's Weekly tells you that you should :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Medusa22 wrote:
    The ''wanker watch'' thread, it is like an angry and bitter version of this thread, with very little humour. TA'd that I just can't seem to ''unfollow'' it for some reason and I get annoyed every time I read a post.

I think it attracts **** tbh :-)

The latest portmanteau'd word -

"Piloxing" - a combination of pilates and boxing...

*sigh* :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I was supposed to go to the ploughing championships this afternoon - work related. Although I was unenthusiastic about it and I didn't have to go in the end, I'm slightly TA'ed that I didn't at least get a gawk at it.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I had a nap and I've been awake for 45 minutes at this stage but I'm still groggy and feel horrible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Came in the door this evening, there was some sort of (what I initially thought) bondage sexy time bed set up in sitting room and candles lit.
    No noise from the kids so I curiously enter the room and the missus is sitting there reading a book type thing with pictures of the human body.
    Boom_Bap thinks it's go time until the words "Get out of here, I'm having someone over to do Reiki on" comes out of her.

Now I'm relegated to the kitchen to eat my dinner alone and I have to be extra quiet.

People that acronym everything. I keep reading TA as people saying yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

People that acronym everything. I keep reading TA as people saying yes.

I hate PTAE too. They can't understand normal thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Aw :)

TA the warm fuzzy feeling that made me feel inside!

Enough of that carry on, keep up the moaning!

Welcome back though;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No hot water when I go to wash the dishes. Grr.

Kev W wrote: »
    I hate PTAE too. They can't understand normal thinking.

I hate you...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

The wording of this thread's title. It should be something more like "little things that annoy you" or "everyday things that annoy you". Being inconvenienced really isn't very trivial a lot of the time.

that new fashion ad with a nasal horrible version of ''you got the love''. its not the ad, its the song. I will hate the ad as long as the song is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Made a ham sandwich this evening and put some relish on it. Except I didn't, I put friggen jam on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

WTF does PTAE mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The encroaching use of the word "obligated" instead of "obliged". It actually makes my eye tic when I see it.

Don't you mean utilisation of the word?! :D
    I'm TA'd when people write utilise instead of use!

WTF does PTAE mean?

People that acronym everything.

It took me a minute to get it too, pretty damn clever all the same :p

Meanwhile, just out of a meeting (meetings that run way over time, that's annoying in itself), but during the meeting it came up that there was a seminar on up the country and I asked did anyone want to volunteer to go...

*silence, awkward shuffles*

Me: "Fine. I'll go myself then!"

Them: "You want to go?"

Almost like a fcuking chorus! :pac:

There was no need for them to sound so surprised :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Breastfeeding. So beneficial, always spouted as being the most natural thing in the world, handy because you don't have to use bottles or sterilisers etc...

It's not easy. It's a whole lotta work. It's a lot harder than bottle feeding, only you can do it and it HURTS. Your nipples bleed, they ache, the first few seconds are so painful it makes your toes curl. It's like someone has a lighter to them.

You buy really expensive paraphernalia, breast shells, nipple shields, manual pumps, electric pumps, nipple cream, breast pads...endless products to make it easier.

Or maybe it's just me :( I should say that it did get easier, but it wasn't at all what I expected!

• Advertisement

^Sympathies. I can imagine it would hurt at the start.

Constantly misreading the word "titles" as "titties"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Constantly misreading the word "titles" as "titties"

Walking past bookshops must be a constant letdown. 'New Titles In Stock!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Made a ham sandwich this evening and put some relish on it. Except I didn't, I put friggen jam on it.

TA that your post made me laugh out loud!! In my office of roughly 60 people, only about 8 of us here so far (most start at 8.30) & the office is so quiet, apart from my loud spurt of laughter at your post!! Everyone just turns and stares at me !! supposed to working now and not on boards! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You know when your debit card has a few laps done and is developing a couple of splits, which means it's approaching it's last legs and need replacing soon? Well, every time you use the thing in a shop, you might say "That oul' card has nearly had it" to warn the person on the till, who then rams it into the slot with the force of a tractor-pull. When the machine naturally fails to read it, they then pull it out and WHOP WHOP WHOP!!, give it a few flakes against the counter to "fix" it before trying again. What. Thefcuk. Are you. DOING?!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Ugh. The one f*cking folder on my USB that I forgot to back up is the one that has now suddenly decided that it's corrupted. Annoyed with myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Enter petrol station, fill up with petrol at €1.30 a litre.
    But as I am leaving the petrol station they are reducing the price at the pumps and banner display to €1.28 a litre

Second time that has happened to me this year. :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    You know when your debit card has a few laps done and is developing a couple of splits, which means it's approaching it's last legs and need replacing soon? Well, every time you use the thing in a shop, you might say "That oul' card has nearly had it" to warn the person on the till, who then rams it into the slot with the force of a tractor-pull. When the machine naturally fails to read it, they then pull it out and WHOP WHOP WHOP!!, give it a few flakes against the counter to "fix" it before trying again. What. Thefcuk. Are you. DOING?!? :eek:

Or else when they decide to 'clean' the chip on the card with thier crusty t-shirt or top that they are wearing and elongate the splits.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Ugh. The one f*cking folder on my USB that I forgot to back up is the one that has now suddenly decided that it's corrupted. Annoyed with myself!

Give this a try Rosie -

Data Recovery Wizard Free 9.5
    Best free data recovery software to recover deleted, formatted or lost data from PC, laptop or removable device easily and quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

people who try to cross the road at a random spot when a few meters up the road is a pedestrian crossing. driving by a school this morning and some stupid mother decides to walk her kids into he middle of the road and hold up traffic while the lollipop lady was less then 100 meters away. stupid or lazy or both

Still no fcuking money from the neighbours. Really need it this week too. After college fees paid I will have 15 euro to survive. I'm actually starting to think that the way this is eating me up inside is worse for my mental health than the repercussions of knocking on their door and saying, "give me my money". I feel like it will eventually consume me :( wtf is wrong with them? I even tried texting asking if they want my parents to bring home cigarettes, and pointed out the price, thinking ah ha! I'm so clever, that will jog their memories. Got a text back saying, "great thanks!" :(

Called my parents and wound up more annoyed as Mam pointed out, "well you cant just go demanding money from the neighbours can you? Anyway it will be alright, your father read your cup and it will be sorted by the weekend"

... now I have no money and my parents are freaks who not only believe in reading cups, but also that reading cups can work long distance.

The next time the neighbor feeds the cats I'm buying him a postcard and a bottle of Kia Ora :mad:

Bullies hiding behind keyboards. Sleezebags on forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ignatius in bloom

One genders obvious hatred of another, especially on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ignatius in bloom

eternal wrote: »
    I don't hate men, just the bullying kind.

????

Oh sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I paid for something with my cc the other day, normal receipt was correct but the sales assistant made a typo when processing the cc payment and I ended up being charged about 5 times the amount. :( very annoyed, as my cc was high enough already, and now I have to go back to the shop to get it fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People not RSVP-ing... even when you provide a mobile number and all they have to do is text.

Lazy b*stards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

everlast75 wrote: »
    People not RSVP-ing... even when you provide a mobile number and all they have to do is text.

Lazy b*stards!

Ugh :o That's me. I usually keep forgetting then it's too late and I have to avoid the person/people for a few years in the hope they'll forget. I should really just respond...

Neighbour finally texted me!!!!

:D:D:D:D

...to offer me a free second hand scratching post.

Insult+injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Insult+injury

Hold your nerve, woman - he's on the ropes. Hold tough for a second-hand birdcage and a 1986 edition of The Rules Of The Road. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement